Discussion Your general opinion about killing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by false, Mar 9, 2016.

?

Pick all the things you agree with.

1. Killing is wrong on all aspect. There must be a better solution.

8 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. It's only natural to kill if there's a danger to your life.

69 vote(s)
    50.4%
  3. Less killing is a good thing.

37 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. If there is a solution without killing, then killing is wrong.

43 vote(s)
    31.4%
  5. If the ^solution has demerits, killing is justified.

21 vote(s)
    15.3%
  6. There are ways in which killing could be justified.

48 vote(s)
    35.0%
  7. I don’t care. Killing happens everywhere, a few more doesn't really mean anything.

26 vote(s)
    19.0%
  8. I would kill if there's a benefit to me.

26 vote(s)
    19.0%
  9. Human scum should all be killed, but only if I’m completely sure he’s beyond redemption.

41 vote(s)
    29.9%
  10. If a person seems like a scum, kill him before bad things happen.

20 vote(s)
    14.6%
  11. More killing is a good thing.

19 vote(s)
    13.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still waiting for proof that there is such a thing as intelligent life.

heartantares and DeadlyBell like this.
  2. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    Storywise.killing is the bottom line for me. I understand if its a kill or be killed world. But if there a solution for peace that gives better merits than killing someone to achieve it then i would go for the solution. Although alot of people would become physically handicapped though... irl, i wouldn't even resort to that level. Probably a good kick to the groin or a punch to the face.

false and DeadlyBell like this.
  3. makenai89

makenai89 The Divine Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    The ones who deserve to be killed are the ones who gained satisfaction from hurting/killing other people.
    Based on that, I'm fine with killing on two reasons:
    1. If my life or people around me, is threatened.
    2. Repeat offenders on three or more cases in which the life of others are threatened, such as rape, armed robberies, etc.
    I'm not sure if I can actually kill people, but in the two circumstances above, I think the act of killing can be justified.
    Well, this is if we talk about RL. Novels are another matter...

4. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why kill such a person? Castrate and permantly cripple them, so they can spend the rest of their life in regret. If people are going to act like animals by acting on their instinct and base desires they should be put down like animals are when they attack people.

5. Lonjest

Lonjest Dahar Master

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't kill unless I had to, in either I was in danger, or my family, or even a stranger. If by killing someone else saved someone then I wouldn't hesitate. Now if I can wound them badly and get the same result of saving someone, then I will. But without experience in reading dangerous situations, my decision would probably be straight kill, if I couldn't think of any other options fast enough. Some times wounding could lead to even more disastrous outcome. Killing being the more finite action, less likely to get any worse, but that is subjective.

Then after I would probably have a "conscience attack" for killing but ultimately if the result was a life saved I would get over it. How long that would take I do not know.

DeadlyBell likes this.
  6. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    now this is rare, a mod hijacking.... a truly lovely sight this is

remy911 likes this.
  7. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    That depends on Values. Everyone's moral compass is different because people have different values.
    Everything has pros and cons, and each pro or con has a different value to each individual. Do it if the pros outweighs the cons, but don't be surprised if society will try to destroy you. Since society as a whole weighs things differently than you do, it is not smart to mess with beings more powerful than you. Unless you are trying to topple those who are powerful. It isn't safe to do so, but if your values allow you to then go right ahead. Just try not to be a hypocrite and go back on those values. Respect that your values and the values of others are different. And accept what may due to that. Try to do what makes you happy and if the result turns out to not make you happy then maybe you just realized what you actually value too late.
    If you do decide to kill just make sure you know what you really value. Do you value your legacy, your freedom, your hunger for revenge, or perhaps your thirst for blood and fun? Just make sure you know what you truly want before you decide whether or not to do anything. You can't take back what you have done or haven't done and sometimes you may lose the opportunity to do it if you hesitate. Maybe you will regret not killing and maybe you will regret killing. Try not to regret it, because that is what you wanted and accept the aftermath of what you have done or lost the opportunity to do.

Nyamsus likes this.
  8. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    We are animals called humans, big difference. We can barely contain overpopulation and food shortages now. Let alone the fact we kill thousands of people daily in bombings, and basic combat overseas. It would be truly ignorant to believe the world could survive without killing.

NekoMK2 and Darkanlan like this.
  9. coveted

coveted Sexiest Banana Alive

Reading List:
    Link
    I would kill if that's the only way to save my life. I would kill if that is the only way to save my love ones. It is them or me.

10. Darkanlan

Darkanlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    World population is already too high, jails can't house the sheer number of criminals in them and most of the people who have murdered or raped people which is close enough to killing a person as far as the emotional toll it'd take on them are allowed to live. So I say if they're people who prey on others, kill them, there's no redemption bs, once someone does an act they almost always will repeat said act, it's human nature. Throw in pedophiles, child molesters, people who enjoy abducting others for ransom or enslavement, human traffickers and the world would be a better place without them. Only when religion comes into play do people turn to forgiveness or redemption, once you take it out of the equation it's a simple "do they benefit the world alive, or would the world be a better place without them in it?" If you honestly ask yourself that question whenever you look at people, it's quite easy to find that a large number of people really aren't worth letting live. World hunger would go away if we just got rid of the scum of society, as for what counts as scum, refer to above list of offenses that should warrant death.

Edit: Forgot to say, if we put all of them to death, think of how many lives could be saved just with the harvesting of their organs for organ donation. 5 lives for every 1 scum put to death, is it really a hard choice to make?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  11. coveted

Reading List:
    Link
    Yah!!! Kill all criminals, drug lords, politicians, rebels, terrorists, rapists, murderers and pedophiles.

12. Darkanlan

Darkanlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you killed them right away and harvested their organs instead of just endless torture, you'd be able to save many other peoples lives with said organs, a much better choice than keeping them alive. Think if every death row inmate was put to death and were std free, you could save at least 5 lives for every one of them you killed. Heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, easy solution for all the people who die everyday while waiting on a transplant list for organs they'll likely never be able to get.

13. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Should i troll or takes this question seriously?? NVM

No matter what happen! when you take someone life , be it either justified or not, it doesnt change the fact you killed someone

14. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    i am an ERO-rist and i like 2D loli,, so does it means you will kill me
    *Run like wind

15. The Darkness

The Darkness 『False God』

Reading List:
    Link

How naïve of you.

Even more naïve. Some people like to draw a line between us and animals. I am sorry but there is no difference. Humans might be more intelligent than animals, but that is it. We aren't much different. And on a literal level, the kingdom humans are classified in is animalia, so we are quite literally animals.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Risus and coveted like this.
  16. cinabre

cinabre ♭♬ ♪ ♮♫ # ♩♭ ♪ ♮♫ #♩♭ ♬ ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    That's an easy justification. I do believe there must be other ways.
    Contraception, stop wasting so much food, consume less... Some countries have crazy behaviour. There si more to do before just accepting killing each other so some privileged people can jeep the way the leave.

false likes this.
  17. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You raise a good point, but I'd think it be a whole other slew of ethical/moral dilemmas.

18. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not opposed to that, but I would rather turn them into a toy for my sister or mother to use and let them do whatever punishment they see fit.

19. coveted

Reading List:
    Link
    I am an ERO-rist as well and I like busty babes, curvalicious ladies and pantsu! Why would I implicate myself? I said kill all terrorist not ERO-rist! Let the ERO-rist army reign supreme!

20. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    There are countries who condition isnt suited to agriculture, be it the temp, soil conditions, sunlight ect. Yes we could all help a bit if we consume less, but if it was solely a consumption it wouldve ended ages ago. You also need to think about the fact that most countries get much of their food IMPORTED. That means their is starvation, and nourishment problems using the WORLDS resources, not just any single countries. Thats not even counting on the fact that we are growing in population by a rate of 1.1% a year.(Global human population growth amounts to around 75 million annually, or 1.1% per year. The global population has grown from 1 billion in 1800 to 7 billion in 2012. It is expected to keep growing, where estimates have put the total population at 8.4 billion by mid-2030, and 9.6 billion by mid-2050. from wiki)
    So we have no more room to grow crops, and are constantly running low on room to put people so we cut down more forests and clear out more land. So less room to grow crops, more room for people, so taller buildings, meaning more shade, which makes it harder to grow crops. It is a never ending cycle that will end when either we or mother nature fixes the instability caused by overpopulation. Normally by starving to death.

Risus likes this.