Chinese Your Tech is Strong? I Can Cultivate / 你科技强? 我会修仙

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by charysa, Oct 10, 2022.

1. charysa

charysa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Your Tech is Strong? But I Can Cultivate / 你科技强 我会修仙
    Author: Some Tea in the Sugar / 糖里加点茶
    Raw Link: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=6415985
    NU Link: None
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:

I love the premise of the story, something I haven't seen before (if anyone else has, please recommend).

The MC had transmigrated to a cultivation world and leveled up to the point where she's thinking of ascension. But before that, she's told she has unfinished karma back in her origin world. Most of her cultivation is used up in the travel back, but it doesn't take her much to level back up. Her leveling is not the focus of the story.

The focus of the story is initially dealing with the secret alien invasion that's been ongoing since before she was born. That leads to dealing with the government. Messing around with local ghosts, including a few disembodied souls whose bodies had been hijacked by the alien streamers. This also in turn leads to the MC uncovering the ancient mysteries of her own homeworld - why it was targeted by the aliens (the surface reason and hidden ties between everything) - and where the path of ascension for both herself and her world lies.

Saying anymore than that would be a spoiler... let's just say that the story moves more and more into the theme (genre?) of "灵气复苏".

No romance in the main story. There is a BG pairing in the epilogue chapters, but it's less true love than temporarily settling for a life.

MC is a bit of a Sue but not annoying. Many of the supporting characters are very memorable, and I personally liked them. Especially the "reformed" ancient monsters.

Description:

When Yun Jie returned from the cultivation world and opened her eyes, she found her homeworld was long ago invaded by an advanced civilization, and ignorant of it.
    Their technology was laughed at, their millennia of history slandered.
    Their people were considered just casually targeted NPCs.
    Their lives warped from its original path.
    That group of people called themselves livestreamers.

Yun Jie was called a unlucky star from childhood. Her body weak, panting with every three steps, looking like she had as short lifespan. But very often she could see things other people could not.
    For example, like those two ghosts standing together fiercely flapping their lips.
    The people of the higher civilization didn't take notice her, deeming her too unlucky to bother.
    Yun Jie: My thanks to your ancestors.

And so in front of these alien livestreamers, she tore apart ghosts and revealed miracles, then flew on a sword to reclaim the ocean.
    The other side: ... Is this something science can do?

Mini Theater:
    Advanced Civ: We have the stronger technology, we can invade your space, take over your body, we are the best!
    Yun Jie: So you are the animals who caused people's souls to be unable to reincarnate. Separate dimension, huh? Wait for your daddy!
    Advanced Civ: Traversing through space-time is something that took us centuries to accomplish. If you think you...wtf how did you get over here?
    Yun Jie: Your technology is strong? Well I can cultivate!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    Aimless190 and mio like this.
  2. Liedral

Liedral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting.

Aimless190 likes this.
  3. laxarlev

laxarlev Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link