Discussion Your toughts on this family case

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CDLevit, Aug 15, 2016.

1. WeiFish

WeiFish Eccentric Grey Sword 怎WW Vet.怏

Reading List:
    Link
    Coming from the legal standpoint of Australian Family Court Law.
    1. The woman remained with her current husband due to her lack of knowledge in law, more specifically Family Law in which would allow her payments from the father of her daughter from the prior marriage, and hence giving them support to live apart from the current husband. Psychologically too is why she remains, she remains attached to him thinking he still loves her or thinking it is the only way in life. Because he financially supports her, her daughter, and their daughter.

2. The neighbour may have placed a complaint but without proper investigation and plea from the mother the police haven't too much a clue as to what is happening. You described the wife as hardworking, so she seems like she doesn't have friends. The school itself is based in a rural area, hence the lack of funds and quality, causing them to not notice or care about the girls complaints, which would otherwise be taken note of and reported to police and abuse centres.

3. The Motivation of the father could be many things, but the motivation isn't what matters at the time, it is his actions that matter.

4. The mental health of the mother and her prior daughter would be lack of trust, self confidence and an undermined, brittle and erratic personality traits resulting in need for consultation with a psychiatrist, take note of the use of psychiatrist and not psychologist. Mental repercussions later in life would be difficult depending on what later occurs.

5. The social repercussions would be null. If the wife and daughter has friends then they would probably be shocked or relieved with the divorce. When filing for divorce matters of child custody would be brought to court and the matters of the Wife and the Wife's Daughter (prior marriage) would be brought to light. The case itself would evolve from the Family Law Courts to a intermediary court between Family and Criminal depending on the severity of the abuse by father.

More context would be required for any further analysis. But that's what I've got after the 2 years of law and psychology I've studied. :)

2. orang

orang Fatewatcher

Reading List:
    Link
    They say that love is blind, and that it overcomes all.

But even so...

3. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    O dunno what you trying to say but if the woman or children whose wrong here I glad enough to beat them

4. Edonis

Edonis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Woman is dependent on the man, since he's the third? Marriage then she might think he's her last choice/chance. Also she probably cannot support herself and daughter.

2. No one has made a plea most likely be ause it's not their problem. What is it called, the bystander syndrome? Putting yourself in another person's problem creates problems for yourself hence people don't do it. It takes someone with real integral value to step up and help harbor said problem.

3. Motivation for the father huh, that can go from that's how he was treated as a child so that's what he does as a father, to that's how he copes with being "successful" in his career since his job should have a fair amount of stress. It's a common (sadly) thing that happens with families where the father beats the wife. Even to the point where shows like family guy makes fun of it.

4. Mental consequences for the mother and child huh.... Studies show that women regularly being beat by their husbands actually show a type of dependence that actually seem closer to fearful loyalty. Has something to do with how long he's been doing it as well. You can infer what she's thinking from that. As for the child who feels like she's being ignored, there's too much for me to type tbh, just hope she doesn't go for a man like her father which usually happens.

5. As for the divorce, I'm not sure how much it will solve, although it will stop the beatings, maybe the mother and child will interact more, or she will have to find a stable job that will further separate her relationship with the child due to time constraints. There's also the stigma for the mother for being separated 3 times.

Not sure if I answered your questions, to be honest there's too much I want to type without making this seem like an essay. Good luck with what you're trying to do, ask questions if you have them.

5. atlasbeings

atlasbeings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. lack of education, employment, awareness and social structure destroys a woman pride in her worth. society make a woman believe that she deserves her position and it's the best situation that she can get. vigilante justice and kangroo courts also make them fear for their life if the try to rebel.
    2. i can think of two reasons why no one made a plea -
    a) there was a case of mugging of a woman in america. she was chased beaten than killed by muggers in night. her screams awoke the whole neighbourhood, and everyone watched her getting killed from their windows, but no one called the police. later many psychological studies claimed it was because everybody was thinking somebody else will do it, or already did it, so they don't have to do it. people try to escape responsibility when things get ugly. so maybe that's what happened.
    b) it's the norm in that society.
    3. motivation for violence by a person is nothing but a show of dominance over the other person. it satisfy his ego and psyche. think of it as a fucked up coping method.
    4. violence breeds violence. maybe that woman will snap someday and kill someone, or maybe she will become an irritated fellow, maybe she will commit suicide, or her individuality will fade. many kind of psychological issues can develop into her.
    5. depends on society, and her tenacity.

6. Avrnea

Avrnea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    which country? and gets fined for tresspassing but the authorities are fine with domestic violence? o_O *cough*when i first read it i thought it was ur homework or something*cough*

moevora likes this.
  7. Pleasantly-plump

Pleasantly-plump Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Why did that woman continue to remain with her current husband?
    As some have saidwife is probably overly dependent on husband emotionally and financially. Plus this is her third marriage and in most rural areas that is saying something as well as assuming that she was been abused in previous marriage it has probably become the norm for her

2. Why no one made a plea?
    It could be one of those communities that pretend everything is daisies and sunshine. Plus many might also be beating their wives too or one cares to much.

3. What could be the 'motivation' of that 'father'?
    Personal experience maybe, he mother may have been abused or he comes from a family of step siblings in which the father abused the step kids. Also the father would have less attachment to the older girl because he knows she is not his child. Furthermore he may be suffering from anow inferiority compLexington when he looks at other people wives. Finally he may just be an A.

4. What are the possible consequences on the mental health of the mother/children?
    The young girl will be least afflicted I think. The mother will view the abuse as her normal and probably as her fault. Also she may start to persuade the older girl into a similar line of thinking. The older will grow with distrust towards others and hate her family especially her mother which would be the plus side or her could become the town where as she feels abandoned by her mother

5. If there were to be a divorce, would there be social repercusions
    That WAS her third marriage doubt there will be fourth as people will start to think something is wrong with her. The older girl will be pitied for have a mother like that and the father will find a new wife because he works and own a house.

Readingaddict36 likes this.
  8. f.m.

f.m. Great Unambitious Eccentric

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont have answer 4 every questions but.... in my conjecture the wife is unable to survive alone much less with a child with her, even with the help of her parents... as such i believe the parents frown upon the the wife behaviour n convince her to go back to her husband n deal with it herself.... or the parent r to old to do anything n instead the wife tough herself up n went back....

the husband behaviour in the other hand is due to stress... work juz pile up n without a proper oulet when he got home the sight of his wife "easy" life as a housewife might have tick him off or something else in the house might have piss him off.... or it might be some sort of familial pattern that stem from his own childhood that led him to it..... another thing to add is that alcohol amplify emotion, u might think drinking will solve ur problem but in fact it further enhance it, without knowing whats he's doing while under the influence a pattern emerge in the form of aggression.... thus that where the brutality occurs...

the child in the other hand is suffering, couple with puberty its a recipe for a psychological disaster... it is best if help is brought in.....

my conjecture are inference i made after reading a few novel from Cathy Glass... especially 4 the child i hope help will arrive, because from what I read in the aforementioned novel a child's mind is fragile, of course i dont know how old the child is but if she's in the midst of puberty it is better to get help sooner or later b4 it's to late....

4give my grammar n spelling....

9. Elion

Elion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean the other child

10. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    As I'm using a tablet, I won't quote all of you, forgive me.

That case happened in Romania, in a rural area. I call that rural because the village is comprised from houses, it isn't isollated as a national road pass right in the middle of that village.

Usually, womans are those who win the custody of the children. In her case, the fact that she doesn't have a workplace and doesn't have a salary could be a problem but.. The father has few aspects that can't be ignored by a court: alcohol & viollence.

Because there are childs at play, their interest will be first so.. Even if the father had build the house, if the woman wins the custody of the children I think that she'll remain in the house, if she doesn't have another one. The domestic work will be considered as her contribution.

Every parent, biological, is responsible for his/her children so, the court can and will force him/her to pay for the upbringing(?) of his child. From what I know, the court, ex officio, will decide about those things: custody, where the children will live, the payment.

I think that, with 2 previous failled marriages, the woman has few law notions. Unfortunatelly, reality, often proves wrong.

I think that, if it's proved that the health was damaged, the culprit will have to pay for their recovery.

Even if the mother is ok with him, i find hard to understand the discrepances of treatment for the children. How's she ok with that? Well, i have few toughts but..

& anyone can fill a plea to the authorities that are responsible for paying attention to cases with children, especially of this type. Even the teacher, grandparents, neighbours... Even the child.

The pollice has the duty to investigate and search for all proofs. But, being a small community.. I doubt their competency/impartiallity.

&thank you for your toughts!

11. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh @cdlevit , you probably don't know enough about the case to form an accurate opinion. All you have is hearsay. We don't have any accurate information about what0 is going on and thus I hesitate to place any sort of judgement anywhere.

12. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, see my first post. In no way hurting someone can be accepted, nor justified. - there are exceptions, but, violence in family, in no case, is good for the children growth. Anyway, I was interested to see other perspectives regarding such case.

13. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes but do you know that there is violence in this family? What evidence do you have beyond hearsay (which of course is unusable evidence in any court of law) to say this is what happened and not something else? You have nothing and asking us to make baseless assumptions about a baseless scenario is, well, inane.

Stormingtiger101 likes this.
  14. Stormingtiger101

Stormingtiger101 Procrastinator ā—‹

Reading List:
    Link
    I have only one critique of your post: "What evidence do you have beyond hearsay (which of course is unusable evidence in any court of law)". While i like the sentiment, but at the end of the day I think we both know that's bullshit. Corruption is a mighty fine disease.