YouTuber is Fed up lol

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Wujigege, Jul 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people think hating something earns them a badge of honor.
    It is just pathetic.
    People just comment on dramas that haven't even aired and say they don't like the actress.
    Why bother to comment if you don't like it?

Paps likes this.
  2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess it comes down to how "roasting" someone or something makes you look cooler, and generally transforms to more likes. Like, if someone acts smart and funny in comments, they are more likely to get noticed. Especially on anonymous sites like YT.

Wujigege likes this.
  3. Starfish9y

Starfish9y Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are bored and wants attention

Wujigege likes this.
  4. Dearest_Reader

Dearest_Reader 【I, Who Mewls In The Distance】【The Lazy Traveler】

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you guys ever seen the comments in YouTube shorts? Yea, people like hating tiktok, this era went to shit, wants Thanos back so that worlds end, gen z girls being slutty and destroying woman's rights, etc. :derpyblob:

I get that people hate TikTok, not gonna lie. I hate that app for a particular reason, but I don't want to see such insults every day. It makes me think: Ah, I wish I could turn back time. :bloborz:

I'm sincerely afraid of the next era. Whether the next few decades will be worse or so. :sweating_profusely:

Wujigege likes this.
  5. unlucky

unlucky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if they believe that an actor is bad or unfit for the role, isn't it reasonable that they would voice their concern about their inclusion in something that they were looking forward too? I don't tend to care about actors and their previous roles unless I remember them being really bad but consider for a second someone who watched the StarWars Prequels and then saw the guy who played Anakin in a lead role in something else they were looking forward to.

Now they don't know if he will perform badly here too but they have a frame of reference of what he is capable and incapable of, are they not allowed to voice their opinion about him being a bad fit for the role just because they haven't seen his performance in this one yet?

if the comments are personally insulting that is one thing but the few negative comments that I have seen under the video are either about the fact that the person doesn't think that the actress is a good fit for the role or that something that she was previously in was bad, which isn't the fault of a particular actor most of the time. and in either case I am not sure how either can be described as disliking the actress herself. Maybe somewhere else the comments are more negative but even the bad reviews mentioned in the video are about the drama she was part of and again, unless she was the director of that drama she isn't really at fault for it being considered bad if it is actually bad at all.

to put it in terms more in nature with this forum's nature, its like someone looking at a novel's synopsis and liking it only to look at the author and seeing the name Mad Snail and then getting disappointed. like yeah, that is judging without seeing but anyone who read a mad snail novel knows what is coming.

TLDR: negative critique and hate posting are two different things, and conflating the two is bad.

to be fair, seeing 1-2 tiktok cringe compilations will turn anyone into a hater lol, though yeah I just avoid it any mention of tiktok and try to ignore anything about it that comes in my feed.

6. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you been living under a rock?
    Do you even know Chinese? Did you read the reviews?
    This is not the first post I have made of this topic.

I will ask you an even better question: Who made these commenters experts on the subject?
    Are they directors? Acting teachers?
    I recall an Indian movie where the actress got a lot of hate for breathing weirdly.
    She revealed that her character was supposed to have asthma but that was cut out of the final draft.

If you want to delude yourself into thinking that people are objective and saintly, suit yourself.
    Reality says otherwise.

The dramas have not aired and they are giving "objective opinions" according to you.
    Yeah right.

Even as a quack psychologist, I know people see what they want to see.
    Humans are not objective creatures.

And you mentioned novels, let us talk about that.
    Do you go to a play performed by 5-year-olds and complain they cannot act like Tony or Academy award-winning actresses and actors?

Most novels on here are written by amateurs and intended to be rough drafts. The so-called reviews are just people being snobs.

If you(plural) want to read a novel like (fill in famous author), they should go and buy published books by authors like Murakami and stop whining on here

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    Dearest_Reader likes this.
  7. unlucky

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe, just maybe if you wanted me to give an objective view to the 'reviews' you say are hateful then you should have included an example.
    this is my first time hearing of any of these dramas and the only frame of reference that I have for 'the negativity' are the youtube video you provided and the comments under it. neither of which are as negative as you made them out to be and judging by what the people in this thread are posting, they also assumed that you were talking about hate comments under the youtube video.
    I don't need to live under a rock to have no interest in dramas.

but this is the first post I saw on this topic, I know this might be revolutionary to you. but I replied because this was featured on the home page of NU not because I follow what you post. I now clearly see that I need to follow everything you post and already have background knowledge of everything you talk about to even be deserving of replying to your threads. point taken.

then please point to the comment under the video that mentioned that in this case, you started this thread about hateful comments about this actress and failed to provide any, neither the video or the comments under it show any such personal negativity. and since that is what you provided that is what I judged on, I have to lol at you saying that I need to go and read reviews that are personally attacking an actress when you didn't bother showing any when you made your original post

Now I am truly confused, earlier you said that I lived under a rock for not knowing about the horrible reviews that insulted the actress, now you say that I am deluding myself for not seeing the malicious intent of the 'hate critique' about the actress under the video which I clearly mentioned is the only thing I read or watched about this entire thing. do you have a point or are you just looking for reasons to call people deluded?

hmmm lets see what I wrote "if they believe that an actor is bad or unfit for the role," , "Now they don't know if he will perform badly here too but they have a frame of reference of what he is capable and incapable of, are they not allowed to voice their opinion about him being a bad fit for the role just because they haven't seen his performance in this one yet?". belief and assumptions based on a frame of reference, you are right I don't know Chinese. I didn't know those translated to objective view in Chinese, in my native language and in english those would translate to something called 'personal opinion'. the scales have fallen from my eyes.

an objective statement made by someone who says people aren't objective. maybe you too are seeing what you want to see from what I commented rather than an argument in good faith.

anotherAniket likes this.
  8. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link

You have issues and you are blinded by your hubris.
    Get your head out of your ass.
    You just want to "hear yourself talk"
    This thread is titled " This Youtuber is fed up" not whatever you are assuming
    You have no idea why the Youtuber is fed up and you are on a crusade making yourself look stupid.
    Stop being a narcissist and find your way out.
    You admitted that you are not informed about the subject matter

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  9. unlucky

Reading List:
    Link
    since you think I am so arrogant I will lay out why I am saying what I am saying for the last time. here is the youtube transcript for the video you posted.
    00:02
    Hey you guys, it’s Anton. Love Like the Galaxy is an upcoming historical romance drama that
    00:07
    was announced back on March of this year 2021. It is adapted from a novel by the same author
    00:13
    who wrote "The Story of Ming Lan". There is a time travel element to "Love Like the Galaxy".
    00:18
    The two main leads were officially announced at the Tencent Annual Drama Showcase last month
    00:23
    and were confirmed to be Leo Wu and Rosy Zhao. Rosy has been busy with her dramas lately. She
    00:29
    was last seen in her very recent "Please Feel at Ease Mr. Ling" and appearance alongside Dilraba
    00:35
    and Leo Wu in "The Long Ballad". In "Love Like the Galaxy", Rosy Zhao plays the main female
    00:40
    lead who is from the modern world and lives with her grandmother after her parents get divorced.
    00:45
    Her character in "Love Like the Galaxy" is said to be unruly and self indulgent,
    00:49
    but also intelligent and outspoken. She time travels to the ancient world and joins a military
    00:55
    general's family as his youngest daughter. In the past, she ends up in a similar situation
    01:00
    as her mother and father have to leave for war and she is left behind to live with her grandmother.
    01:06
    The drama goes over some conflicts she has within the household including with her mother
    01:10
    who is strict with her but just wants what's best for her daughter. Rosy's character meets
    01:15
    three different guys who all try to win her over, including one of them who is the main male lead.
    01:20
    He is being played by Leo Wu, whom you maybe remember from this year's "The Long Ballad" and
    01:25
    2018's Fights Break Sphere. His character in "Like Like the Galaxy" is the emperor's adopted son,
    01:31
    who is said to have a strong and righteous personality but has a mysterious past
    01:35
    involving his family. This drama will cover their relationship and how she ends up choosing him
    01:40
    over the other two as she helps him uncover the secrets to his past. "Love Like the Galaxy" will
    01:45
    be a 66 episode series that should start filming very soon sometime next week in mid July 2021.
    01:52
    It seems like the drama is waiting on Rosy Zhao to complete filming her modern life drama Hu Tong,
    01:57
    which should be wrapping up filming any day now. That's another one I'm looking forward to seeing,
    02:01
    but that's for another video. Anyways, I've said it countless times before, but I love watching
    02:06
    Rosy Zhao dramas. I've seen critics online bash her shows, like her latest "Please Feel At Ease
    02:11
    Mr. Ling", which I thought was totally uncalled for. I think people have different expectations
    02:16
    for dramas than what they actually are at face value.
    For example, "Please Feel At Ease Mr.
    02:22
    Ling"is clearly supposed to be just a lighthearted rom-com, something fun to watch, and yeah,
    02:27
    it does have tropes. Seriously, what drama doesn't. But I think people were expecting this to
    02:33
    be something that it's not, and that expectation really made them not be able to enjoy the series,
    02:38
    which is too bad. Because I thought "Please Feel At Ease Mr. Ling" was a fun watch. I felt it was a
    02:43
    good fluffy drama, maybe not Rosy at her best but still definitely watchable, and way better than
    02:49
    what some of these reviews are giving it. I think kudos to those people who have watched the whole
    02:54
    thing and still enjoyed it. Don't ever let someone tell you that you're wrong for liking something,
    02:58
    that's the sort of negativity that we don't need more of in this world. If you enjoyed, then that's
    03:03
    enough. Alright, sorry for the little mini rant, I just had to get that out there. Anyways, "Love
    03:08
    Like the Galaxy" looks to be a promising drama. Leo Wu plus Zhao Lusi is exciting stuff, and I'm
    03:14
    very happy they'll be starting filming very soon. What do you guys think of this drama? What has
    03:18
    been your favorite Rosy Zhao drama so far? Let me know down in the comments section below. Anyways,
    03:24
    that's all I have for you guys today. If you liked the video remember to give it a big thumbs up,
    03:28
    and if you are a new viewer to the channel then consider subscribing to get all the
    03:31
    latest drama news updates in the future. Thank you so much for watching, as always,
    03:36
    my name is Anton, this is Asian Drama News, I will catch you guys in the next video. Later!

for a youtuber who is fed up, he sure as shit doesn't mention one personal attack on the actress herself, only that some people didn't like a show that she was in, and I already pointed out that people not liking a show she was in doesn't reflect anything on the actress herself.

So why did you frame your original post as if the video was about a youtuber being fed up about attacks on an actress? I haven't found any in anything you have provided. so you framed your post in a way that is not at all consistent with anything that anyone who actually takes a look will observe, and when I saw that the discussion under the video is constructive and pointed out that people saying their opinions without throwing personal attacks is not a bad thing you call me deluded and up my own ass?

but sure I don't know why the youtuber is fed up, maybe you should have got a video of them actually being fed up and then I would have looked stupid.

also thank you for ignoring all my counters to your post and just going straight to insults, you have proven to me the quality of any discussion to be had with you will leave much to be desired

anotherAniket likes this.
  10. Dearest_Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy sh*t, I cannot believe you transcript all of that. You, are amazing my amigo. :blobuwu:

11. unlucky

Reading List:
    Link
    Youtube automatically transcribes videos, I just copy and pasted it lol. open any youtube video that is in english and click on the three dots next to the save and share buttons and you will find 'open transcript' I am not sure if its done in any other language though.

12. Dearest_Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually didn't know that, and here I thought I know everything around the YouTube. :blobsweat::blobsweat_2::blobtired:

unlucky likes this.
  13. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Locked on request.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.