Discussion Zhan Long taken hostage

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by tahzib1451, Sep 29, 2018.

1. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    when Gravity became QI b*tch they shouldnt have gone to license a rival company's novel only to throw it in the dumpstar....the translator quit and naturally nobody is dumb to work under Q even if its a different novel....what a fix ths is....
    Message from the previous TL:
    "
    Hey everyone, thank you for your patience. Unfortunately, my personal life has been hectic, and my full time job demands long hours at the office, leaving little time for me to translate or have a life. As such, I will be diminishing my role in this novel and will be actively hiring new translators to take on more responsibility over this project. Thank you everyone for this incredible journey, being on this project has been an amazing experience in more ways than I expected. I've made friends, I've learned new things, and made big life changes in the past 3-4 years that I have been with Gravity.While I'll still be slowly translating until we find a new lead, I wanted to make sure I could say my thank yous and good byes to the community before my life is completely taken over by my job.

All the best to the fans of Zhan Long!"
    what were they thinking then i wonder..... Screenshot_20180929-150223.png

2. TNFD

TNFD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least this is because of the translator being too busy, so it might be picked up sometime later. What is much worse are the series on Gravity that have been dropped because they were not popular enough according to Qi and didnt get enough views. So now they are dropped and the chances of them being picked up are basically zero even though they had several hundred translated chapters, decent release rates and translators that wanted to continue but were told to pick up different series

3. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    im guessing you haven't noticed that GT is slowly becoming an empty shell as Qi has now made it's move to remove all the high ranking novel to webnovel. leaving GT with almost nothing worth of note of course the little amount of shares. GT the owner owns is being given the boot in a slow and painful way as they take his former site apart shamelessly and ruthlessly as they rake in all the profit.

willing to bet he is regretting working with Qi right about now.

Sabruness likes this.
  4. sadmanex

sadmanex [I'm popular too]

Reading List:
    Link
    shame, bec i was thinking to reread zhan long. now i will just wait till it get pick up

5. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    GGP sold 95% of GT shares to Tencent. That mean Tencent already owned the site since then. I don't think the guy regret anything, but already planned to sell it out from the beginning.

6. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I pretty sure they are making his 5% into a 0% clearly they took him as a joke puppet to be played and thrown away.

7. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    I hated Zhan Long and dropped it on the 3rd chapter. No problem.

8. Grearn

Grearn Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why bother talking about this now. we all knew this would happen after GT was pulled into feud between WW and QI. Sellouts getting what they deserve. As for us readers we suffer as result.

Sabruness likes this.
  9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Stop being spoilt kids.
    It is normal, most people start businesses to sell them
    Your world views are pretty narrow.
    What was GGP other option? Suing QI? Buying all the licenses and getting bankrupted like Japanese publishers bankrupted ADV?
    Tencent is one of the biggest companies in the world.
    It would have been stupid
    Be grateful for all the novels he brought this community so far.
    No matter what people say, it does not change the fact that he brought thousands of chapters to readers
    You all just appear as an ungrateful bunch.
    Naive very naive.
    He made the wisest choice in my opinion.
    I bet if he starts another website translating non Qidian novels with daily releases, you guys will be the first to jump at it

10. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Luckily ive dropped zhanlong years ago.. .
    Just go to the spoiler thread and see what the ending looks like and put an end to the novel on your mind.. .
    Something just cant be helped.
    Or you can be a machine warriors like so many others and swim through the sea of typos with broken english to read the rest of the novel.

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    zhan long ah
    berserk priest
    I like that premise
    then
    da luck make me bored
    really bored
    super bored
    reading far ahead