LCD Zhan Xian

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Keon, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Boon

Boon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    113+114 teaser. Looks like Yang Chen he used the spell formation to attack a yuanying stage cultivator passing by, but how did the yuanying cultivator not realize that the two jie dan stage guys were already dead/crippled? Did they bust it open with such violent force that they assumed it killed everyone inside?

2. Smooth Che

Smooth Che [Awaiting TS' Approval]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this good? I haven't tried it but heard many good stuff

3. Fragments of Shadows

Fragments of Shadows [The Broken One] [Chaser of Tales] [Hungry Ghost]

Reading List:
    Link
    since that yuanying cultivator attacked with enough power to destroy a spell formation that was built out of the natural surrounding and left the bodies messed up it was probably like looking at the scene of a bomb going off inside a small room (since destroying the spell formation probably meant collapsing the cave at the least)

I'm not sure how the later parts will turn out but the premise is interesting (though it has similar elements to other back to the past time travel novels like TTNH or Reincarnator so if you've read those it might not be as unique of a premise). Even though (or maybe because) the MC is super strong and can fight above his current cultivation level there isn't much of a focus on action. Most of the fights are quickly resolved with the MC beheading his enemies in only a few moves. The conflict and struggle of the MC is more along the lines of schemes and politics and his true OP power comes partly from his knowledge of his past timeline and partly from how experienced and long lived he was in his last life that lets him maneuver himself into the best position to carry out his goals (and eliminate bad elements without getting in trouble).

If you like Xianxia but want a slightly different twist then I'd recommend you at least try it. Though it's probably one of those that I'd put on my "I'll try it when I'm bored" list since it's sort of love it or hate it from the reactions I've seen to it.

4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And off to the side Wang Yong has a heart attack and dies ;)
    I like them. I seem to remember them being a bit rocky in the beginning, but if so, then they improved with time.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they'll have to carefully "inspect" those jade slips before letting him train from them, just to make sure they're safe ;)

6. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they inspect too much he'll have blown the cover for all his advanced knowledge. I think they'll be too scared of elder Wu to just take them, but they might ask for some tips?

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Did it say previously why she was going to leave one sect and join another? Is there a reason to think that whatever it was that caused that, didn't happen this time around?

If he manages to recruit her though, I do wonder how his senior sister and his master will react to a new potential harem member ;)

8. Mod

Mod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anyone else think it was a little overboard for Yang Chen to steal all spirit power for the next ten years from the green jade islands?

jacobpaige likes this.
  9. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    nope it was his inheritance from the dragon

10. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nope bitch had it coming, specially if that isn't the Jade Islands stance but her own

11. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    It might be overboard, if people instantly figure out he was responsible, and how he did it.

However, that'll only set them back financially and cultivationally a little. He could've gone out and slaughtered any of their disciples he finds if he really wanted to. That would've hurt them more.

12. Skoll028

Skoll028 Member of DivineDaoLibrary

Reading List:
    Link
    Naw, it's not exactly wrong that he did that. In these stories, the thing that matters the most is a concept called "face". It's basically a combination of how much respect you get from others and your pride. For people who live for hundreds (maybe thousands) of years, this is of paramount importance. Bearing in mind, that in certain wuxia/xianxia groups have been slaughtered for the sake of a certain individual to keep face. Basically, if someone insulted your face, you do whatever you believe necessary to get even. (In reality though, it is because he does stuff like that that this story is such an interesting read)

13. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well think of the ramifications of this girls actions. Right now the dudes a hot topic/name and is friends with Elder Wu so if she was angry for personal reasons and as the official greater for the Jade Island she didn't just not show the MC any face but Elder Wu as well. so just taking 10 years is already a bit on the nice side of thing.

question is why was she so rude and does it have something to do with the girl he saved 10 yrs ago.....will be funny if she is a hottie and is infatuated with the mc which is ticking off the fellow disciples [why do you like him he is just a murderer]

14. RKilgore0016

RKilgore0016 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really, if you ever had a moment when someone insulted you to your face and you went a little overboard in your revenge? It is kinda of like that. I like it, because gives us deeper insight into Yang Chen's character. His actions are appropriate.

15. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually it was very overboard and I think that was intentional by the author. You've never done somthing stupid when you were angry?

16. Hellsreign

Hellsreign Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget, How many thousands of years has he lived as someone said above "face" is of paramount importance

Why would he do something stupid because hes "angry" when has his character acted on impulse that didn't involve his master? hes technically an old monster I highly doubt he would act on anger just turning him away without an explanation with all of his current achievements is already foolish we will probably see the whole he gets in then the woman who turned him away regrets but as you know there is no medicine for regrets

17. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    pftt... who care, it is their fault

p.s is anyone know why that female act like that against him, she surely isnt in her period? Right?

18. mansour1

mansour1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your an idiot? if i were him id steal everything kill their disciples and destroy the sect when i have the power to

VixenKiss likes this.
  19. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it wasn't. Any other person and they would have crippled the sect in a serious way. 10 years? That's nothing in the grander scheme of things considering the life span of the elders/sect.
    Yang Chen is already being very forgiving for someone so rude unnecessarily.

20. vrooave

vrooave "act too close to people" they said.

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's normal? they don't even give him a "face" and already rejected him. in worst case he could've just destroy the entire sect for not giving him a "face". i think it's quite obvious that in the same kind of Novel that a power house always demand respect. so why Yang Chen can't get what he deserve?