Request Zhanxian How does Cultivation work

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Kgbdog14, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Kgbdog14

Kgbdog14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone explain the whole thing with 3rd fire and yin and yang elements. Thanks in advance.

2. LoneWanderer23

LoneWanderer23 Imperator

Reading List:
    Link
    who the f**k undestands his system, he has like nine different types of power for each attribute, it's better just to skip that

Mikey, Night, Llamia and 1 other person like this.
  3. Big Boy

Big Boy Weeabo Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    There's 2 types of each element.
    I think it's somewhat similar to Jiu Shen, where there's Yin fire and Yang fire, so 2 sides of each element.

Astaroth likes this.
  4. Kamal

Kamal uhmmm... hmmm... are you serious?

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah its confusing to understand what the heck he's cultivating

5. Kansuou

Kansuou Song of Lone Indifference.

Reading List:
    Link
    It's gonna take him long time to level up all of the attributes so we might see him still in foundation stage by the end of the novel.

6. LoneWanderer23

LoneWanderer23 Imperator

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, but then there are sub-types of some kind and some heavenly secrets or some crap from some heavenly sect . I avoid his cultivation like the plague, the fucker is now in foundation establishment with primary fire nad he is now trying to balance it out. THERE. THATS basically iit

7. Lucinia

Lucinia Baby turtles are the Overlords of cuteness *_*

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought about making a thread too ;P
    You finally get the whole Dao thing, the meridians and so on and then came zhanXian and you are like
    Wwwwwhhhhhhhhoooooooaaaaaa FUUUCKKKK THIS SHIT

Edit: (so I seriously try to get this cultivation thing somewhat clear, it's based on my understanding, so feel free to correct it )

So let's get started

The elements: basically all people have a special affinity with a element like always (some genius more of course and Mc the badass, raised all his spirt roots to perfect affinity (just the fire bit higher so he can avoid trouble ando because in his former life his fire affinity was the strongest)) so the elements are not so important for know, because if they get a higher cultivation they raise all anyway (not as much as mc but anyway)

The circles: first circle, ... 9th circle ---> foundation realm (pretty clear ?)

The secrets : uhm I think it was like practice manuals or some thing like that

(I just try to ignore the whole cultivation stuff cause nearly every novels has a different way)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  8. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    There's 4 elements. Each split into yin and yang? He practises different cultivation methods for each type of energy.
    I thought that was it.

First wood is yang wood, second wood is yin wood, third fire is yang fire, fourth fire is yin fire, etc.
    I think that's how it goes.

Nifleims likes this.
  9. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically remember that 5 elements stuff you see in most xianxia? metal wood fire earth water or whatever

Now it's light metal & dark metal, light & dark wood, light & dark fire, light & dark earth, light & dark water, for a total of 10 stuffs to cultivate.

so from 1 to 10, 1st metal, 2nd metal, 3rd fire, 4th fire, 5th wood, 6th wood, etc.

Or whatever order it is.

It's probably: wood, 1 & 2 -> fire, 3 & 4 -> metal, 5 & 6 -> earth, 7 & 8 -> water, 9 & 10 actually but i don't really know.

10. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this separate fire or come as a set?

11. AnarchyOtaku

AnarchyOtaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot that they explain that around chapter 10-20

12. Night

Night Immoral member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol .. I had no idea .
    After butcher here butcher there only that what he got..yeah a slow cultivation and wierd too.

13. LoneWanderer23

LoneWanderer23 Imperator

Reading List:
    Link
    well at least he isn' t a cultivation maniac, other MCs revolve like the sun

14. NP-3228

NP-3228 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the elements are divided into yin and yang with 5 elements each. Each element can serve as a foundation for a cultivator to cultivate and achieve immortal assent. Cultivating an element is like how a mage raises the skill lvl of certain elements, he can raise any element magic he wants but usually goes with the element he has the most talent in. Like fire, but taht doesn't stop him from raising a second element/cultivation tech. at the same time as fire.

So the 3rd fire is just his name for the element he is cultivating. he has a yin and a yang fire, 3rd fire is yang and 4th fire is yin. he doesn't have a 1st or 2nd fire, 1st and 2nd are yin and yang of another element.

15. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
    I know its a lot of information, but when I first got into wuxia novels I read up on a lot of the basic cultural beliefs. Its is like if a someone raised in China was trying to read about King Arthur and the round table. Yeah, he can most likely understand it, but there are a lot of christian beliefs worked into the story. If you don't have a christian background (like most of the west) then a lot of those subtle details are missed.

Here is the wikipedia page about the Chinese Element system.

16. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    it's seem that a lot of you didn't understand how he cultivate o_O
    therare 4 element, each element have 2 propriety(yin and yang)
    he have to keep balance between them so the cultivation tecnique he is studing have to be of the same grade if he want to reach balance...
    so:
    fire ---> use manual grade B
    earh ----> use manual grade F -----> found manual grade E so he change it
    water ----> use manual grade C
    ?:
    this is an example of what happening:rolleyes:
    and the other tecnique are for cultivating the soul or for refining

17. voydom

voydom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    5 elements with yin and yang ways of cultivation (hot and cold fire, water and ice, etc.) He cultivates all of them at the same time while keeping fire a level or two higher, so he can pretend he just cultivates fire.

For example he levels up both yin and yang water, earth, wood, metal to lvl 5 and yin and yang fire to lvl 7. That way he looks like he trains fire, but he has all the other elements cultivation underneath it.

When he talks about all the cultivation methods he needs to find, he is talking about cultivation methods for the 10 different element variations. He needs cultivation method for each variation and as he levels up, he wants and needs better versions to progress further.

18. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just imagine it's like a skill tree from an rpg and he's going up all 10 branches at once, and the techniques are ways to earn skill points in different branches (a terrible but simple to understand analogy)