News Zongheng's going international!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by GodBrandy, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xDh20

xDh20 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So no popcorn moments?

2. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Simple words to talk to simple minds, but no, it isn't a gross misrepresentation at all. I've said so repeatedly, and I'll say it again in as simple language as possible - Cloudary does not have the right to post Wuxiaworld's translations on webnovel.com, nor was there any attempt to even ask, negotiate, or discuss the usage on webnovel.com or any similar sites at any point in any discussions with any Qidian affiliates. Comprehensive enough for you? And that's not even getting into the whole question of what parts of what contracts are even valid due to their breaches.

You can keep trying to divert attention, but the fact remains - Zongheng asked and negotiated, Qidian took and stole. But keep shilling, as I said.

Dark Omega, Kuro_0ni and Westeller like this.
  3. millman97

millman97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting, so you don't remember saying that before? I'll find some other parts that might jog your memory...

Pal, I'm not trying to divert any attention here. You say that Zongheng asked and negotiated, and Qidian didn't, but there's a recording of you saying the distinct opposite of that...

Edit: If anyone doubts that said recording exists, message me on Discord (you'll find me on the Webnovel server) and I'll share it with you :blobhug:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  4. lafiel11

lafiel11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah more shitting on your not bussiness partner ,go ahead rwx.
    I still read lots of novels at qi. Latest work I appreciate and look forward daily is My house of horrors.

5. rwxwuxiaworld

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep trying to divert from how pathetically said this attempt was to blacken a QI competitor (Zongheng) as well as justify what QI did. I'd suggest you do it in another thread though.

Notice how I'm never the one to start it, ever. It's always the QI shills who put my name in their mouths, because for all the money and bullshit they try to pull they still have less readers AND less reader support than Wuxiaworld. Must stick in their craw.

Anyhow, as far as this thread goes - Zongheng did things the right way, with advance notice, in-depth negotiations, and specific contracts. Good for them, and I'll be helping them advertise on WW later. No drama at all. Best of luck.

6. lafiel11

lafiel11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it's always you trying to shit talk em again and again ,we get it ,you hate qi ,why don't you get that many people like the amount of novels that can be found at QI ,the amount of novels updated each week ,the amount of original novel stuff being there.

Hate hate hate ,your pockets are full of cash ,yet you are still a hateful simple minded man.

7. millman97

Reading List:
    Link
    LOOOL as usual, you ignore any mention of something that you don't want to answer. There's a recording of you saying that Qidian can use WW's translations, but you fail to address it. The fact is, you've either lied in this thread about Qidian not being allowed use the translations or in that recording to your translators.

As for this being an attempt to mar Zongheng's new site, that's not what it is at all. We're merely looking forward to see what NUF's reaction to a similar situation is. In my opinion, having more novel sites can only be a good thing. More sites means more competition and more advertising, which will be beneficial to everyone.

lafiel11 likes this.
  8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I am just waiting for the paywall. :blobpopcorn_cool:

@Wu Jizun It is live! Just like you said
    With Tapas already a thing. I expected a different website name though

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2018
  9. rwxwuxiaworld

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a completely different situation. One did it without anyone's agreement or permission, one did it after negotiations and signed contracts specific to the site they were setting up. The fact that you think this is a similar situation speaks loads about everything. People weren't pissed about 'double hosting', they were and are pissed about the STEALING, and yes, that's what they did.

If you want to talk about that recording, post it in its own thread and I'll be happy to talk to you about it in that thread. I'm just not going to let you derail this one by flinging mud at a very good partner of ours, suggest they are acting as shady as your current employer, then try to change the subject. Admit you were wrong here, THEN I'll talk to you about whatever else you want to discuss.

Has nothing to do with whether some people like QI or not, that's their (and your decision). I'm simply going to respond each time one of their minions puts my name in their mouth :). Notice how I don't talk about them otherwise. Or do you normally let people posting bullshit about you without responding?

Vanidor, Dark Omega, AznTaco and 2 others like this.
  10. millman97

Reading List:
    Link
    Bossman, please, we're not flinging mud. We were just laughing about how differently people will react to this new site compared to Qidian's launch.
    And if you're so bothered about not derailing this thread, make your own thread to explain it, I'm too lazy for that XD As it stands, there's a recording of you saying that Qidian can use Wuxiaworld's translations, but here you say that Qidian stole them, and I can't see how that's not a contradiction. But since I, like everyone else on NUF, do not know the full details, I'm more than willing to listen to your explanation.

11. rwxwuxiaworld

Reading List:
    Link
    People will react differently because Zongheng licensed the translations from us, whereas Qidian did not. Notice how other sites like volare are saying the same. As for the rest, sure, you are 'too lazy' to post a new thread but not too lazy to post seven or eight times in this one. Riiiiiight. Keep trying to derail. Won't let it happen. If you want to know the details, make your own thread. In this one, I'm just going to repeat - Zongheng licensed. Qidian stole.

12. Billdoor

Billdoor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

CHOO CHOOO THE DERAILMENT TRAIN ARRIVED, PLEASE GET IN SHILLMILL

dmtranslations and millman97 like this.
  13. millman97

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahahahaha. We both must sound like broken records. Surely to derail there has to be some other form of discussion in the first place... You say they stole, but you also said they have authorisation. Just makes me laugh that you insist on avoiding that contradiction and blame it on me trying to derail a thread with no other discussion...
    Anyway, since this is going nowhere, if you're not going to say anything other than your usual soundbites, I propose we leave it here :D

14. Wu Jizun

Wu Jizun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is this even news when I mentioned it last month?

Also, I can vouch for what @rwxwuxiaworld and @etvolare said in regards to ZH licensing translations. I've got an agreement, which concurs with what they said, right in front of me. I mentioned what they have already said a month ago.

Oh, did I remind you, don't forget to bookmark my site: wujizun.com

Thank you for thread to promote myself.

15. rwxwuxiaworld

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no contradiction. Post your so-called clip in another thread and I'll respond to it there and explain there. It'll take literally seconds for you to do it. Why are you afraid? The 'too lazy' excuse doesn't fly because you've spent half an hour in this thread, which I intend to keep on track: Zongheng licensed, Qidian stole.

RE [redacted - aggregator], those are just aggregators yup.

It's only 'news' because QI shills want to try and equate what Qidian did (scraping chapters) to what Zongheng did (license our translations). Life as usual.

16. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    The site looks dope but pretty sure that it is a aggregate, why doesn't some1 file a dmca agaisnt them?
    edit - i mean't another site and not this zhonheng .... and it is definitely an aggregate so yeah fuck that

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  17. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aggregators are extremely difficult to do anything about. The irony of copyright protection on the internet is that it's easiest to protect yourself against abuse only on the most straightforward and legitimate of platforms, from the most innocent of offenders, and not possible at all when it comes to any sort of real piracy.

Y'know, I was just telling someone the other day that ZH's dual hosting may be legitimate, and it was worth giving them the benefit of the doubt until we heard otherwise. It's easy to see novels on multiple sites and immediately assume foul play, but blatant theft and disregard for intellectual property rights are not the only way to arrange something like this. I'm glad to see it was above board.

It's rare to see you so persistently argue with a wall, by the way.

Shield Loyalist and Nino Sasou like this.
  18. Donszas

Donszas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The site looks nice.looking forward to finding something new to read,although i don't even find the time to properly add titles to my reading list

19. Pipipingu

Pipipingu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Were all the translators aware of this before they started translating, or when they agreed for their respective sites to obtain the licensing to their novels? Were readers aware of this as well when licensing was announced?

Edit: After all, it's their work that's being dual-hosted.

gaianova likes this.
  20. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Been a while to see someone so triggered. :blobsalt:

Kuro_0ni likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.