Discussion Zongheng's tapread vs Qidian's webnovel

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by danfilystars20, Feb 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm leaning towards the idea that, they're still working out kinks in their platform.

It ain't perfect, but if you view it as a marketing thing, I believe they've garnered the public's attention in that aspect.

With the amount of titles on their platform, I assume, those are the IPs they are leading to promote.

2. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when will their site actually get out of beta? will they change their tos for original authors?

not true. ZH has just as many novels as qi does.

however they are somehow not as popular as qi in china

3. Wu Jizun

Wu Jizun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lmao, the total number of completed series on Qidian alone exceeds all of ZH's series combined (male and female section, completed and ongoing) by over 10K.

But "ZH has just as many novels as novels as qi does."

Either Ai Chan wins today with her dong comment or the above does.

I'm schleep with this thread.

Edit: typo

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Ai chan likes this.
  4. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    But you did not press like on the dong! Why did you not like the dong?!!!

AliceShiki and Wu Jizun like this.
  5. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that the actual number of good novels would not differ that much. You see, if we found one good novel in 1000 novels, Qidian would only have 20 more than ZH. That's my infinitesimal nuffian dollar bet.

6. Wu Jizun

Wu Jizun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Th-That's because it would be grossly rude to just like it when it deserve a heart:sweating_profusely:

Just as I don't put any weight on ratings, there are only two categories of novels/fiction in my world: ones I will read, and ones I won't read. No clue what an objectively good novel is.

For the record, I'm yet to finish any series on ZH. Dropped every single one I ever started on there. Only going to finish two for special reasons. However, I've finished series on Qidian.

Ai chan likes this.
  7. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it really weird when people attack those who made/published the content for making money on their own content. You can criticize if they are too expensive or other moves. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with content holders making money on their content...

Fan translations are in a gray area to piracy and only reason it gets by is because there are no official translations. The moment the original content holder releases translations, translators don't have any rights to translating it.

I know it is frustrating to not get our free stuff anymore, but lets stop with the entitled attitude.

AliceShiki likes this.
  8. Jaspaaar

Jaspaaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And do you know what makes it funny? The guy you're replying to has a collection of epubs of all the popular series on his site, which he is distributing illegally and without permission in order to bring traffic to his original novel on there. He himself is taking views away from those bullied translators he's lamenting about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.