Comments on Profile Post by Twilight Fox

1. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    You never can tell what goes on jn the mind of a politician.
    Jan 20, 2017
    CDLevit likes this.
  2. Twilight Fox
  3. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Why do you guys even care so much about weapons?
    Jan 22, 2017
  4. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Cause america probably wouldnt be here without them. Back when Pearl Harbor was bombed, a Japanese general wanted to push on and invade the american mainland. However, one of his subordinates stopped him and said something to the effects of "You cannot wish to gain victory on the american mainland, for there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."
    Jan 22, 2017
  5. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Not to mention the whole "Prevent the goverment from oppressing the people thing". Some people make the argument that "You dont need an AR-15 to go hunting". The 2nd amendment is not there to allow people to have rifles for hunting, its there to protect the rights of the american people from an oppressive goverment, so they may have a way to fight back.
    Jan 22, 2017
  6. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    But men aren't meant to rise against the Republic. The Republic is meant to be such that it can't be corrupted.

The fault is not in not having guns but in your whole system being corrupted.
    Jan 22, 2017
  7. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Can you really imagine that the right to bear gun will ever come into play? Besides, even without, didn't people find way to arm themselves?
    Jan 22, 2017
  8. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Corruption? Republic? There is no perfect form of goverment. Communism has motivation issues, Monarchy has class issues, Republics...well. Theres a saying you know, Power Corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Not even a goverment can escaoe from this. So as far as corruption goes, it isnt really a valid argument.
    Jan 22, 2017
  9. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    The Republic is based on its population, that's why it can't be broken. Sure, there's corruption, but it'll not break down.

Now let's imagine the US become a dictatorship like France in 1945, I honestly doubt people will take their arms and revolt. It's not about having gun but about a collective action. What the Republic brings is the latter.
    Jan 22, 2017
  10. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Rebellions happen all the time. In the middle east, in europe. It doesnt matter where. The point of a rebellion is the people are unhappy with the way the goverment treats them to the point were they take up arms against their oppressors. The USA spends something like 60 billion a year on military. How do you expect civilians to fight a power like that without weapons like AR-15s.
    Jan 22, 2017
  11. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    They'll never fight it, because the US is an evolved form of State. If it becomes a dictatorship it'll look like the Third Reich not Syria, people will be oppressed without having the chance to unite.

And, for similar reasons, it's improbable that it'll end in massacres requiring people to possess their own weapons. Even while corrupted, there is an idea of peace that remains.
    Jan 22, 2017
  12. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Collective action...Is a stupid idea on the scale of a country. There are billions of people in the US. And as such everyone wants what they want and it differs from person to person. Thats called individualism. Collective action is never taken on a large scale unless organized by people like the goverment becuase opions differ and arguments break out and it all just begins to collapse.
    Jan 22, 2017
  13. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    But individualism can't win a war no matter what.
    Jan 22, 2017
  14. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    There are these things called rebellions, and usually they have leaders that people are willing to follow...If there was no leader, then its either pockets of resistance, or a massacre.
    Jan 22, 2017
  15. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    That's collective action. >.<
    Jan 22, 2017
  16. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Correction, organized collective action. There is a difference.
    Jan 22, 2017
  17. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    I never said anything about unorganized.
    Jan 22, 2017
  18. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Collective action without organization is just chaos and usless. If a goverment wants to oppress then it will opress. Its up to the rebels to organize themselves up and fight back.
    Jan 22, 2017
  19. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Well of courseā€¦ but do you think not having guns from the get-go means they're unorganized?
    Jan 22, 2017
  20. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Republic is just another word for a group of people organized against something. Communism and Republic are just the different ways people communicate and listen to eachother. However when someone disagrees or when the majority disagrees with a decision those in power have made, people get angry.
    Jan 22, 2017
  21. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Having guns is just a means to fight back whether they are in a group or alone. I fully support the 2nd amendment becuase it allows me the knowledge that I dont have to depend on the goverment to safeguard my life should it be endangered or changed in a way I dont approve of. It is my life and I am in control, not the goverment or anyone who threatens it.
    Jan 22, 2017
  22. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Say a thug one day tries to rob me. He holds me at gunpoint ad says "Gimme your purse!" I own a weapon, I dont want to call the police and have them come and find my dead body. Sure the police are trained for this kind of thing, but their not here right now when I am the one in danger.
    Jan 22, 2017
  23. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    If I didnt have a weapon to resist with, I would surley be found dead in a dumpster when the police finally arived 5 minutes after the thug fled the scene.
    Jan 22, 2017
  24. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    You could make the argument that "Oh but you dont need an AR-15 to defend yourself from a mugger." Lets do this then, change the scenario, say I am sleeping at home and one night, I hear the sound of glass breaking amd a door opening. I can either grab my 30 round rifle, or my 6 shot revolver. I will choose my rifle everytime becuase it takes multiple bullets to kill a person and a revolver is not suited for the job.
    Jan 22, 2017
  25. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Hm, I see the point against a robber.
    Jan 22, 2017
  26. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Point for self defense you mean.
    Jan 22, 2017
  27. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Only self defence, though.