Comments on Profile Post by TheMrAzn

1. pocketbear
    pocketbear
    I suppose I could be considered so, though I was always on the playing end rather than composing... throw me your question, I'll see if i can be of service.
    May 4, 2017
    CDLevit likes this.
  2. pocketbear
    pocketbear
    Also, when you said you made a song....how?
    May 4, 2017
  3. TheMrAzn
    TheMrAzn
    It was for creative writing. The topic was about the great depression. Everyone was writing dark shit like always, and I'm here like. I'ma write a song about how she needs food for her child and ponders over the choices she has. Since I only had 15 minutes to do this (before I was made to perform this next Friday) It sorta has the beat for "Into the woods intro."
    May 4, 2017
    pocketbear likes this.
  4. TheMrAzn
    TheMrAzn
    Here's the beginning ( You don't sing this part. I was imaging a scene like the, I wish, scene/song in "Into the woods"

“I wonder what I’d have for dinner today? Some cabbage soup? No...We don’t have much cabbage left. How about carrot soup? Aah, I just remembered, darn thieves stole it last night. If we don’t have carrots and we don’t have cabbages then how are we going to make soup? ---
    May 4, 2017
  5. TheMrAzn
    TheMrAzn
    Sing a song? With pleading words and teary eyes, sing a song for food to come? Nah, too cheesy besides, they might have no sugar to spare. Flush my eyes with black as dark as night. Or cover my figure with guise of night? No...no. I can’t leave my little darling here all alone. How about trade them with something much more? Ah, who would want bone and wrinkles? It’s really worth something much more.
    May 4, 2017
  6. TheMrAzn
    TheMrAzn
    O my. O my. My little angel is crying. Sweet child, close your eyes, Mama is here. Close your eyes and make a smile for Mama is here. Little darling angel, close your eyes, mama is here, with love and care, mama is here.
    May 4, 2017
  7. TheMrAzn
    TheMrAzn
    I’ll swoop you in, to your little dreams, drape a blanket over your little toes, your egg like head, with brawn and steel, I’m the mama bird. You’re safe and happy, for mama is here.Close your eyes and dream sweet tears.
    May 4, 2017
  8. TheMrAzn
    TheMrAzn
    The last three parts are the actual singing parts. Once I know how to format it, I'm going to revise it a bit.
    May 4, 2017
  9. TheMrAzn
    TheMrAzn
    I swear on my life, it sounds so much nicer when my friend sang it haha.
    May 4, 2017
  10. pocketbear
    pocketbear
    Ok, so you want to know how to write the singing parts so someone knows they are being sung? If you dont want to try to write a musical score, I would use a poetry format as the "easy way out." But if you want someone to know HOW to sing, well... have you ever learned to read music?
    May 4, 2017
    TheMrAzn and CDLevit like this.
  11. pocketbear
    pocketbear
    If you have, you can take Into the Woods and modify it a bit, and i would just literaly have your spoken prologue bit and then insert your musical score. For choral, they put notes to sing on top and write the words underneath. Hymnals are a good example, i will find one to show you.
    May 4, 2017
  12. pocketbear
  13. pocketbear
    pocketbear
    If you notice, there is a 1,2 and 3. Each line is to be read in order, so you read the page singing line 1, then at the end return to the beginning to repeat but sing line 2 words. Into the woods prologue track is the same musical bit repeating with time lyrics for a long time. Though it prob doesnt jabe 123 because of how it is slightly diff, for you, i would suggest it
    May 4, 2017
  14. pocketbear
    pocketbear
    Also we'll note how some words are broken up to show they are being sung over two notes, they are being held. I would say find the score of into the woods and look for whichever character you want and pick their lines or musical section (?) And just use that, not the entire score
    May 4, 2017
  15. pocketbear
    pocketbear
    So you pick baker with no child and want to replace his lines with yours, but keep his musical parts the same. You'll have to work with it, and use a photo editor to basicslly white out original lines and paste in yours
    May 4, 2017
  16. pocketbear
    pocketbear
    Also make sure it credits into the woods, "sung to the tune of into the woods " or whatever

Let me know if i actually answered your query xD
    May 4, 2017
  17. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    That was interesting! The song remembered me of another one, but, I can't remember it's name (just the general mood).

Pocketbear's comments were also interesting.
    May 4, 2017
    TheMrAzn likes this.