Comments on Profile Post by Osamaru

1. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Hmm? Oh no dont mind me going silent for a few hours, I am probably either sleeping, shooting, working, or reading.

But, I have also meditated and consulted the spirits, and have concluded the best target for yelling at is @Love
    Jul 18, 2017
    Osamaru likes this.
  2. Osamaru
    Osamaru
    I think she's dead.

O_O D-Did you kill @Love ?
    Jul 18, 2017
  3. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Shooting with a bow or a gun?
    Jul 18, 2017
    Osamaru likes this.
  4. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Oh it's written in her description, firearms huh. I feel like trying that at least once.
    Jul 18, 2017
  5. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    In the future I should think of acquiring something to defend myself too I guess, were my country to allow it.
    Jul 18, 2017
  6. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    How about a very nice and compact Smith and Wesson 500 XD
    (P.S if you know anything about guns, you know what Im talking about)

And yes, Love is dead. Lets see if we can wake the dead!!!
    Jul 18, 2017
    Osamaru likes this.
  7. Osamaru
    Osamaru
    Sadly No. I've not had much of a opportunity myself.
    But honestly wanted to try and pick it up one day. The few times I HAVE been shooting before, I was a pretty good shot apparently. Well good enough for the other guy to ask how long I've been shooting for >_< Hehehehehe.
    Jul 18, 2017
  8. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    What's that gun famous for? I can't tell. O.o
    Jul 18, 2017
  9. Osamaru
    Osamaru
    All I know about it, is that it's a revolver. I know that much. Pretty sure my Uncle had one. Though it may just have been something similar.
    Jul 18, 2017
  10. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Btw what's better between a revolver and a pistol for self defense?
    Jul 18, 2017
  11. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    I think the .500 was the strongest caliber or something tho.
    Jul 18, 2017
  12. Osamaru
    Osamaru
    For self defense? I don't rightly know. I'd assume a Pistol is better for easy of use, but @Twilight Fox would know better than me.
    Jul 18, 2017
  13. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Well deft-wise at least I'd say pistol too.
    Jul 18, 2017
  14. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    If you want a good self defense firearm, I would suggest either a Glock 17 or a Ruger SP101 the 2.25 version. The Ruger SP101 is a stainless steel frame revolver with a rubber grip. Its chambered i .357 magnum and can carry a total of 5 . Its barrel is 2.25 as the name suggests, giving it a small and easily wielded profile. Overall, its a really good choice for conceal carry due to its reliability and small size.
    Jul 18, 2017
    Osamaru likes this.
  15. Osamaru
    Osamaru
    I really should get my CCW sometime.
    Jul 18, 2017
  16. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Now heres the thing, the Ruger only has 5 shots, and in a self defense scenario your going to want as many shots as possible in case you miss. Then comes our 2nd choice, the Glock 17. It is light wieght polymer frame semiautomatic pistol chambered in 9x19 parabellum. It has a large ammo capacity of 17 rounds not including one in the chamber.
    Jul 18, 2017
    Osamaru likes this.
  17. Osamaru
    Osamaru
    O_O are you saying all of this from memory or a description somewhere?
    Jul 18, 2017
  18. Osamaru
    Osamaru
    If so, I'm impressed *clap clap clap*
    Jul 18, 2017
  19. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Now heres the thing with the glock. Its big. Big enough that your going to have a hard time concealing it in anything that isnt a purse or bag. So an open carry holster is probably your only option. However with this option you have the benefit of having a gun on display, and who wants to try and rob someone who is openly armed?
    Jul 18, 2017
    Osamaru likes this.
  20. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Most of this comes from memory, but I did check around on Rugers website for the technical details. Glock, I know that gun by heart. My dad owns one and has let me shoot it a couple of times when I was a kid.
    Jul 18, 2017
    Osamaru likes this.
  21. Osamaru
    Osamaru
    Nice lol. never really had the chance to be around them much, myself. But Its an interesting topic.
    Jul 18, 2017
  22. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Me, when I turn 21, im gonna buy a glock. But I havent decided which one yet.
    Jul 18, 2017
  23. Osamaru
    Osamaru
    Not to sure what I'd want to use. the only two things I've shot was a rifle and a handgun (not sure the types), when my uncle took a few of us shooting.
    >_< apparently I'm a natural crack shot with a rifle, but did poorer with the handgun. Been a few years though.
    Jul 18, 2017
  24. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    After I get a Gloc though, I KNOW what gonna get(Like pokemon. I dont know which starter I want, but I know What I want after). After I save enough money, Ima get a FN 5.7. I shot one before at a range, BEAUTIFUL! It was accurate, lightwiegt and carried 20 shots!!!! 20 fuckin shots!!!! The grip was a litle big for my tiny hands, But I still loved it!
    Jul 18, 2017
  25. Osamaru
    Osamaru
    I had to google that one, never heard of it, but it DOES look really familiar. Is it military issue?
    Jul 18, 2017
  26. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Not sure, but the Five Seven is different from ordinary hand guns. The ammo that it uses 5.7x28, are modeled after rifle bullets, making them longer and more accurate. They can evdn pierce armor in some cases.
    Jul 18, 2017
  27. Osamaru
    Osamaru
    Wow. That's some pretty big firepower for a tiny gun.
    >_< more a Hand cannon than a Pistol! Bwhahahaha.
    Jul 18, 2017
  28. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Quite he opposite actually. The actual bullet is smaller than a 9mm bullet, but its speed more than makes up for any power loss. Basically, it does hit as hard as other bullets, but it does put holes in targets still. and really, thats all that matters. Regular Kevlar and such cant hold a candle to it, and your certainly not going to be able to hide behind walls made out of drywall(Piercing power++).
    Jul 18, 2017
  29. Osamaru
    Osamaru
    So its more like a Needle than an Arrow, for another comparison? does not hit as hard, but designed to knock holes in things?
    Jul 18, 2017
  30. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    If a hand cannon like a desert eagle is like a war hammer, the Five Seven is like a Stilletto Blade. Sharp, Precise, and hard to defend against.
    Jul 18, 2017
  31. Osamaru
    Osamaru
    Ah, got ya. That's pretty interesting. You'd think a heavier impact would be better, but it's cool to see that's not always the case.
    Its like choosing the right arrowhead with deer hunting.
    Jul 18, 2017
  32. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Well there are certainly hand guns that have tons of power in them. Enter, the .44 Magnum "The most powerful handgun in the world".
    Jul 18, 2017
  33. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Ooh thanks for the advices~ is there even anywhere where you can openly carry a gun though? O.o
    Jul 18, 2017
  34. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    You would have to check your own countrys laws about open carry, but in the US it is legal with a permit. Some establishments would not serve someone with an open carry, so keep in mind to put it in a purse or bag or something when you go into a walmart or anything.
    Jul 18, 2017
  35. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    I wonder how ostentatious it'd be even in the US though. I think people would get scared of you.
    Jul 18, 2017
  36. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Well...that is the whole point...Being openly armed deterrs the wrong kind of individuals if you know what I mean. Which is fine, dont get me wrong. As long as you obey the law and use your gun responsibly, you should be fine.
    Jul 18, 2017
  37. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Hm yeah but what about the good ones... Well maybe it's cuz I'm French and am not used to seeing that but I feel like people would call you a freak >.>
    Jul 18, 2017
  38. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    I havent looked to much into it, but I think open carry in France is legal. Dont take my word for it though. Do your homework, dont be a lazy bum. It takes like 5 minutes with a google search engine. Just enough time for a cup of coffee to brew.
    Jul 18, 2017
  39. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    It's not. You can own one but only carry it for legit reasons like going to a shooting stand or hunting. Though yeah you can still keep one at home.
    Jul 18, 2017
  40. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    As for conceal carry, DEFINETLY Do your homework on that one. Last I heard, there were some legal issues/confusions around conceal carry. The idea is for you to know your gun laws well enough that you can get pulled over by a police officer and come out smelling like roses. No arrests, no trouble, gun still in its holster.
    Jul 18, 2017
  41. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Conceal carry is always illegal though... And hard to explain it when you're out in the evening or something.
    Jul 18, 2017
  42. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Sorry to hear that thier both illegal...So why curious about it? Thinking of going out in the middle of the night, killing bad guys and taking names.
    Jul 18, 2017
  43. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Still legal to own one at home! And who knows~ I might move somewhere else...

I think it's not really necessary but in a country where others can acquire it, you should also get it~
    Jul 18, 2017
  44. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Hmmm Good policy. Well then, for home defense, nothing beats a good old Remington 870
    Jul 18, 2017
  45. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    More expensive than a pistol though I'd believe? Also something so long doesn't sound like it's the most handy in a tight place is it... Hm I don't know much but I think fighting would be clearly handier with a pistol.
    Jul 18, 2017