Feature Request Add 'Unread Chapters Tool' from Reading List to Main Release Page

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by SleepyFox, Mar 22, 2017.

1. SleepyFox

SleepyFox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of the time I'm not completely up to date, or I forget if I've read the latest chapters so when i see a new release on the Main Release Page I have to first check my reading list to see if I haven't missed anything. If possible, I'd really like to see the 'Show me chapters I haven't read!' feature on the Main Release Page as well as the Reading List.

This thing:
    [​IMG]

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    You can set up colors for novels on your reading list, one for "already read" chapters, one for "current" chapter and one for "unread" chapter. Should make it easy enough for you to see them in one glance.

3. SleepyFox

Reading List:
    Link
    I already have that, what I mean is if the latest chapter is 480 but I've only read up to 478, i have to move to my reading list or go into the novel page to get to chapter 479. So having that little book button to display the chapter I have to read next ie. 479 would be really useful.

Sometimes a translator will release 2 or 3 chapters at once, so the latest release will be 2 or 3 chapters ahead of what I've read, if I don't see the chapters before the latest release and don't realise then I might skip a chapter and things can get confusing.

AliceShiki likes this.
  4. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, NU doesn't separate releases into chapters as far as I know. So what you see in the end would still be releases and it would still be confusing no matter how they did it, unless they did actually change it to chapters which would probably be a hell lot of work.

5. SleepyFox

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean? Releases are clearly seperated into chapters, unless the TL posts it as something like 'ch400-405', but if I haven't read chapter 399 then the book thing is still relevant.

6. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    What I'm saying is if it's posted as ch400-405, then it stays like that here on NU as a release, not separated into chapters 400, 401... so if you're like on chapter 402, you'll still be confused. In fact, that's more confusing than what you're saying, because what you're saying can be solved with just a click. Anyway, I think I didn't understand very well what you meant the first time and went and re-read the first post. Well, that does seem doable, though it might overload a bit the page so if it's done, it would be good if there is the option to enable/disable it.