Request Ai chan Needs Help - Game Idea

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ai chan, Sep 15, 2017.

1. udangmayones

udangmayones A proffesional fallen-to-the-floor cuisine

Reading List:
    Link
    I am, but I can't be the only one programmer though.
    But you need some training about how code works, you can call me if you need some explanation or algorithm.

Codes are not as magical as any of you think. Making a character jump is actually hard

Ai chan likes this.
  2. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Assuming that we are not reinventing the wheel it is much easier to implement it now than in 90s

3. udangmayones

Reading List:
    Link
    They are indeed easy to implement, but still need time to bugtest.
    It may only take 5 minutes to code, but we still need hours just to bugtest and debug it. The first code is the easy part, debugging it and make sure the character can jump properly without "walking in midair" is the hard part.

4. udangmayones

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I feel bad because the topic was being derailed into more technical stuff, I'll add some review about the competency and perks provided by @Ai chan

Competency
    • Lumberjack (I don't see the point making this as a competency since woodcutting speed should be affected by strength for immersive purposes. Imagine a Death Knight with max strength can't even ship a tree, but a skinny villager with 3 strength and max lumberjack can easily chop down the thickest tree in the forest. I think this should be changed to a perk which gives bonus to strength)
    • Trapping & Engineering (Since trapmaking requires some knowledge about engineering, I think these should be combined into 1. And it avoid the annoying "What do you mean you can't make a simple bear trap? You have max level of Engineering!")
    • Leatherworking (I like the idea of leatherworking because working with leather needs dedication, but I think it should be changed into a perk)
    • Potionmaking, Herbalism, & Alchemy (I don't see the point separating these two since potionmaking is just a branch of alchemy)
    • Swimming (I don't see the relevance and how it could be implemented into the game, unless the character lived in a landlocked area for a long time)

• Half-elf (Personally, I would make a separate entry about race selection like elf, human, dward, half-elf etc. A half elf has bonuses because he/she has a perk while being regular human doesn't grant any bonus perk. Is that racism towards humans? I want my lawyer!)
    • Raised by farmers, Orphan, & Noble Blood (A game can't cater all the background story the players want to create, so rather than a "raised by", I'd change it into "knowledge". People raised by farmers obviously have agricultural knowledge, nobles have negotiation knowledge, and orphans have... thieves knowledge...)
    • Resistant to fire (I think resistance should be put under main stats, but I think this should be changed into "Blessings of fire")

And I'll add my suggestions:
    • Create a separate entry about races and textbox/choices about the backstory.
    • Add charisma into the main attribute (Governing negotiation and bartering skills)
    • Add a secondary attribute consists of values which will be increased by perks and competencies (Example: fire resistance, attack, defense, damage threshold, potion quality, etc)
    • adding Max Level so people can't hog on all competencies like isekai MCs
    • Add fame (affect discount and speech check) and morale (no morale = surrender fight)
    • Add these perks
      • riding (horse, dragon, filorial, etc)
      • disguise
      • pickpocket
      • heartless bastard/emphatic