Question (Also Spoilers) WMW is a harem?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by elfinlerox, Apr 24, 2017.

1. elfinlerox

elfinlerox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, am I blind? Because I never noticed the harem part in WMW

I mean, sure, there's Freya (Not a spoiler, since I'm only stating the name, and I'm gonna try to be super vague, though, I might get out of hand, so here's my advanced apologies, ORZ) (I just came back and saw the many spoilers I've written down below.... Okay, If you don't want spoilers, do not read this thread, I repeat, Spoiler warning, baby, if you haven't reached the Morning Star Arc, turn away)
    But, I can't really tell if she loves him, or just loves the benefits of being 'close' to Leylin, or a mixture of both

Then there's that megalomaniac (kinda?) in twilight zone, I doubt she even has an ounce of love for him

There's also that acolyte at the beginning, with the low aptitude and a victim of a Magus's experiments. She may feel indebted to Leylin (I think Leylin helped her in some ways, though my memory is fuzzy and don't remember much), and then develop romantic feelings for him in the future maybe? (If shes lucky enough to reach and advance to Morning Star, when she'll become useful to him enough that Leylin would even bother interacting with her)

There's also that crystal phase magus he enslaved, I think she'll definitively develop romantic feelings for him along with insurmountable loyalty when he comes around to taking revenge for her if ever.

It can be argued that Freya is head over heels for him, because she favoured him to the point of causing disputes within her family and getting injured for him during an expedition, but it could also be said that her sense of inhibition was being clouded by her bloodline along with her desire for his 'seed'

Or maybe, just maybe, I'm misinterpreting the definition of harem? From what i understand, a Harem is when you're surrounded by people that love you in an intimate way (regardless of gender, not discriminating here). If so, then does being affiliated with many people with an interest (not limited to romantic interests) towards Leylin formulate a harem?

GAAAAH. I. DON'T. KNOW. IF. I'M. MAKING. ANY. SENSE.
    ;;.;;

On a sidenote, does anyone else think that the blonde haired guy that leylin was acquainted with (or were they friends?) is a destiny's child? Or maybe, Leylin is also one of Destiny's child?

Also, I wonder why the author gave attention to that acolyte staring at Leylin's statue at Twilight Zone before Leylin left. I originally though that maybe that was guy was the next destiny's child, then came the bloodline of the Sun, then I speculated that maybe he'll create a new bloodline family in Twilight Zone. Then again, since hundreds of years surely have passed since he went away from twilight zone, that acolyte surely, must have already become a Magus - and I think if he's going to choose a guinea pig, he would choose a young acolyte, and a person easy to manipulate like Beylin? Belin?

2. Ged Merrilin

Ged Merrilin Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the harem tag is mostly there because leylin has sex with multiple people, it isn't about whether they specifically love him or he loves them.

3. NoxDobber

NoxDobber 『Resident Dark God』

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont remember the acolyte that stared at Leylin's statue at Twilight Zone is ever mentioned again. I do know that he isnt relevant.

I dont know who's the blonded haired guy you are refering to.
    Edit: Also if i remember correctly Leylin is only married to 1 woman. The harem tag comes from his relationships with other women i think.

FYI: MTL is confusing to get the fine points.

4. Kagamiya

Kagamiya I Wish to be Reincarnated

Reading List:
    Link
    I shalt lurk in thy honored post.

5. Hunta

Hunta shameless

Reading List:
    Link
    Side characters are side characters, don't think about it too much

Harem is love both ways. If it was one way it wouldn't be a harem but a one sided relationship

This thread is full of spoilers

6. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's less harem, more Experimental Subjects he just happens to f*ck.

7. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    well MC got many lover and sex friend ....................
    and this not your normal harem, MC is bastard son of bitch who thinking only his benefit not like other Harem MC who care about his harem and family !!!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  8. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than love, it's more of an instinctual desire / need to test his bloodline (or something on the lines of that).

9. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^ This.

I don't think Leylin is the kinda guy that falls in love. He may be attracted to certain traits a person expresses, but in the end only he himself is important, and if he has to abandon them to survive/get stronger then he will.

Deleted member 46077 likes this.
  10. Hamsta

Hamsta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that he's figured a method of magical birth control & doesn't have to be afraid of warlocks "stealing" his bloodline, he's been banging much more often.

Also I guess it counts as a harem since he actually leaves "wives" around. Got "life partner" though not officially married chick in the Twilight world where he spent several decades (?) with, officially married in the snake clan, will probably find more chicks in the future as he heads up the cultivation ladder to new places.

Leylin himself admits he has sexual "urges" that he wants to vent. But didn't indulge in too much before for fear of leaving children around (which would make it very apparent that he's got an abnormally pure bloodline which will probably lead to trouble for both him and his kid.)

11. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep in mind that novels without any sexual relationship what so ever can still have the "harem" tag.

12. elfinlerox

Reading List:
    Link
    I went back to the first chapter, his name is George. My bad on that one, he has golden hair

13. Black Parcher

Black Parcher The Eternal World Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    It probably has the harem tag since he's always sleeping with his female staff.

14. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    its a harem without the romance tag >.>
    what does that tell you?
    Friends with benefits (FwB)
    or
    fake harem with a mc who cant take the final plunge or is extra dense.
    >.>

Astaroth likes this.
  15. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that at least at where it is translated in ww, the only wife is freya, the other are just sex friends, and harem doesn't need mutual love, is just a man with multiple women there can be love on both ways, one way, or not love at all.

about the acolyte staring at the statue I think you are overthinking it, the scene was just the last view leylin was giving to "his kingdom" before embarking in a new adventure. and not so many hundreds of years have gone, leylin is still 200 hundred at this point.
    and about the child of the sun bloodline, unless he find a way to get total control of it, I don't think he will waste it on others, he has his techniques to use the energy of other bloodlines to "increase" his own. so...

16. NoxDobber

NoxDobber 『Resident Dark God』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh that guy, well he is worthless and never appears again. :p

Astaroth likes this.
  17. elfinlerox

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, since the author mentioned high ranked magus being able to grasp the laws of the world (was it rank 7?), I was thinking that maybe Leylin would explore bloodlines in more depth. Since there are bloodline shackles and what not, there must be laws pertaining to bloodlines, right? Judging from what the Wisdom Tree imparted to Leylin (that it's possible to escape his bloodline shackles) and assuming that bloodlines are one of the laws that can be grasped, it's more than likely that high ranked and true magus, to a certain extent, are able to manipulate bloodline laws. While the idea of Leylin having mixed bloodlines make me excited, I'd feel even more giddy if he is able to create make his own bloodline powerful or even create his own bloodline (i.e absorbing the powers of other bloodlines using the Giant Kemoyin Bloodline as a base - like what he did with that emperor scorpion).

Also, I have a feeling that the reason why the Snake Dowager is able to influence creatures with snake bloodlines, is because she has an understanding of a fragment of the law of bloodlines, maybe? I mean, if she is able to help with breaking through the bloodline shackles as implicated by that rank 5 lamia, I can only assume that its because of her understanding of one of the profound laws.

And there we go.... my imagination went out of hand. Hi. i'm sorry. I'll shut up now.

Edit:
    Dang it, I lost my point, basically, I was thinking if he was going to explore a law related to bloodlines, he would use someone as a Guinea pig to start with, start that bloodline family up, then observe their progress using the Ai chip. then perform experiments on them, contaminate their bloodline, and other things :D
    Cut them into pieces.... ooh, and also do soul experiments, so he can figure out how bloodlines are able to affect the soul, or something along those lines.

18. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    The harem part still hasn't began properly in the novel; he has an official wife (warlock lady), and multiple concubines, some of which he kidnapped and forcefully brought to his world... you will start noticing the harem after he becomes rank 5 as well as after the purgatory ark...

19. GoldenEmperor

GoldenEmperor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

^

Freya ( Official Wife)
    Celine ( 2nd wide)

^ these 2 has babies with him first ... Celine is from twilight zone and freya is from ouroborus clan

20. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    There are more concubines and he has about a dozen kids, it's just that they are only mentioned in passing, you will meet two more females during the purgatory arc as he travels with them it's around c600