Spoiler CCM Dropped, should I continue?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by OverlyFriendly, Mar 21, 2016.

1. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped CCM ageeeees ago and I should wonder if I should continue. I dropped around when Kid 1. Got his elephant (seen to much manga) sucked on by Girl 1. and Girl 2. in a reward test thing and it was disgusting. After I read this I walked away from my phone ,sat down for 10 minutes and deleted this from my memory. Something somehow made me remember this moment (what sorcery is this?!?) and thought about asking if I should pick it up again? I basically dropped because I didn't like where it was going.

2. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and No.
    This one confuses me. The writing isn't that great, the plots are not well thought out, and the characters aren't consistent from chapter to chapter. Yet it still manages to be occasionally thrilling, and some aspects are presented with a considerable amount of creativity.
    I've picked it up, dropped it in disgust, and - weeks later; reluctantly - read a few more chapters. Any 'professional writer' will tell you that if the author needs to explain the story to the reader, they've screwed it up royally; well - that happens about every 20-40 chapters.

I can't help but feel that there is a fantastic novel buried somewhere under all this inconsistent crap, but it fails too frequently as a webnovel, and the author really needs to finish the whole book, then polish it; rather then trying to shine the turds that get laid every week.

So set your appointment planner to remind you in 3 months or so, and remember to put a mental bookmark at the point you ragequit, so you can pick it a few chapters after that point next time.

3. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    The author made a 250 chapter prologue for his novel. Also had the nerve to declare that characters that had over 100+ chapters of their continual involvement with the story to be minor, useless, support characters. Basically, everything before chapter 250 has very little meaning for the rest of the novel except for a few minor characters that get maybe 5 chapters total become the new main characters.
    They are still part of the story after Chapter 250 but are now guarding the MC's mother until the MC can pick them up.

After the prologue, the story become a Hero's Journey (e.g. One Piece), where the MC's first new companion was one of his former enemies that he had tortured for information. She seems to be slightly okay with it since he keeps saving her from her stupid actions.

There is one more of those scenes in the novel, except it is with 99 of his classmates in his own spa resort. This was after having a sex ed lectures with the Empress of his country. The translator did section off that scene if you don't want to read about it.

However, I rarely drop novels once I start. Therefore I am still reading this novel because their are still some good moments (And the MC is starting to be old enough that his actions make sense).

4. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much, It really helps me decide if I should continue reading it or not (even though I got 2 comments...). This was one of those novels where you see new chapters updated now and again but really can't be bothered to read but when you finally read it you're like "Why haven't I read this sooner?!"

But then (for me at least) it started to go downhill in the last couple chapters I read and I was cringing so hard, I just couldn't read it any longer. I tried to forget EVERYTHING

I only remember the basic plot and stuff... like a rough outline of what happened in the story and stuff. No names though, hence Kid 1, Girl 1 and 2 (should of called them thing 1 and 2)

5. readingdigest

readingdigest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't recommend it to be honest. You just don't get a sense that the author knows where he wants to take the story. Like rpg said above, he basically resets the story after 250 chapters so while I can't attest to how the story will go on from here, I just don't have confidence in the author to write anything worthwhile.

If you feel that you still want to give this novel a shot, I'd recommend you hold that thought and wait for more chapters (past chapter 250) to come out.

6. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I like this novel and was enjoying reading it. lost interest at some point but after a while felt like reading it again. weird stuff was going on and I didn't wanna read it so I've skipped a lot of chapters. think I would hate it overall if I read all the chapters. It works for me to skip it. don't know if thats what you should do. you could try reading the LCD to see whats happening and decide if you wanna read the novel

7. XlIl

XlIl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When did Girl 1 and 2 suck on his elephant? I don't remember that. The novel is alright for me. Just enough to keep me reading.

8. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, think it was around chapter 100, haven't read it in ages, but he was still in the city and stuff with those 100 girl classmates. I think he had a bath with them and the girls started playing with it and he liked it. He was teaching 2 of the girls (dunno why) and they asked if they could play with it and he said 'Yes if you do well' or something like that

(Damnit! I thought I wiped this out of my memory!)

9. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    The best part is that they were like 8-10 years old at the time.
    The second scene was like chapter 150 with the rest of his 99 classmates which all took turns with him. The dialogue leaves too many mental scars. I think his age was like 12-14 at that time. The girls just started to develop. Apparently the MC was also in development at the time.

10. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I shall not read or my eyes shall bleed floods

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016