Discussion Dream and Reality mix novel

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by DSKM, Apr 24, 2017.

?

Would you read it or not?

1. Yeah, why not let's try?

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No, this is disturbing, disgusting, and twisting

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Maybe.......Yes.......Maybe........No I can't decide

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSKM

DSKM The Demonic Angel (Ko's Twin)

Reading List:
    Link
    I just had a dream that was quite real to me with real people I knew and I made a life there and the dream was kinda a long and real one which made me think that it was true even after I woke up.
    What if there is a novel where the MC there uses Dreams to create a world of his own and gain power there like Dimensional Sovereign but he has quite a lot of limitations there:
    -no game system which tell him <You got XX Power LVL X> but instead he just like try to use it instinctively; but no ridiculous super power like "teleport" "X-ray eyes" "physics power" etc., more like Acquire Talents in the Dungeons normal type of power.
    - he can't create anything or anyone from fantasy like no non-humans species no futuristic gadgets no occult related thing (I know that most of you will curse me for this one but it has a purpose read till the end)
    - In his Dreams the time is warped but the days are more complete meaning he has to live through the whole day but in comparison to reality a 10 days time is the fixed amount he can stay in his dream world then he has to wake up in reality, like on the night of the tenth day he sleep in his dreams and wake up in reality.
    - He has to live through the whole 10 days dream period every time or else he won't leave and he's forced to dream of nothing but this everyday he can't dream anything else.
    The novel will be like sorta a diary type like Stranger's Handbook, but instead we will keep on dates and see how he progress while keeping dates and logs and more, the main idea of this novel is how the Dream world will consume him/her (haven't decided what MC I would want so let's keep it a he for the instant) to the point of mixing Dream and Reality and not knowing either which one is real and which is false, what will he desire the world he lives in or the world he created to his tastes and desires.
    Would like to read such a novel or would you be put off by it from the get go and not keep reading it

2. Vyren

Vyren Version 3.33

Reading List:
    Link
    Dawn traveler is the coleset I think your preferences come to

3. DSKM

Reading List:
    Link
    No my idea is like a whole new novel with a whole new world but parallel to the old one where in one he's forced to live with shit heads and in another he weed them out of the city he created to make it perfect for him and no magic or fantastic creatures or adventures or medieval times or the usual stuff like that

4. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  5. DSKM

Reading List:
    Link
    for 1 the idea is that you live there 10 full days every night and you keep the memories vivid even after you wake up and the world can be made as a copy of the current one you live in at first you will know the difference but slowly won't having 2 different sets of memories with the same people having only one memories of you mess your head your head up on the long term as you confuses stuff the dream person did with the real person.
    as for 2 that's why it's special it's not like the normal lucid dreams he won't feel drained, he will be forced to leave and forced to come back that mean once he started he can't stop and things never goes the way you planed them to like in the dream world once you make a family you can't reset change or switch every step you make is a permanent one so of course he will hesitate because nothing is perfect and no one like the same thing forever so make things difficult in the long run, and the characters around him develop along side the story progression for example if you create the perfect gf for a week and then throw her away he will make the gf turn into a character according to the circumstance a stalker a yandere a hater it depend and it will affect him later on in the story meaning only the beginning is perfect but not everything that shine is gold and under the perfect is the unperfect that accumulated and will explode sooner or later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.