Spoiler Evil-Natured Husband, Don’t Tease!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rena.anggreina, Mar 22, 2017.

1. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Opps sorry, realized I got the people mixed up. Well, he does admire her skills, but he isn't considered a love interest. After the contest, he isn't mentioned anymore until the MC's "sister" who works at the ML's company gets fired and hired at his company.

alexfilia and Lazy hypocrite like this.
  2. Lazy hypocrite

Lazy hypocrite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh thank you~~ a bit disappointed...

3. Xixi

Xixi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah whoops, I read MTL so names aren't a thing in my memory anymore

Lazy hypocrite and vsukio like this.
  4. Kon

Kon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question: Is it explained why the MC has the memories of her actual body?

5. snowgem6

snowgem6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter does this happen?

6. yorozuyaginchan

yorozuyaginchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 42

7. Sparkleme1110

Sparkleme1110 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know why Dongfang Xuan (emperor husband) killed the mc, her family and made his cousin the empress instead of her?

Aeiru28, Tatsuya27 and alexfilia like this.
  8. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh, this is what i was going to ask XD i want know this too for a long time!! Waiting for anyone explain that~

9. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    For someone proficient in the art of war the mc sure is clueless....If she got involved in politics sooner and didnt trust the hubby so much maybe her family wouldnt have died T.T (or if the hubby trusted her enough to talk to her lol)....i really hope we get a flashback on why the hubby really chose his cousin

Aster Anemone likes this.
  10. kaguya0401

kaguya0401 aka Xia (fledgling editor & TL'er)

Reading List:
    Link
    Well in the past since MC was always with ML/Emperor on the battlefield and such, their relationship was pretty straightforward. She probably wasn't used to the scheming of the imperial court or in the political circles as that is a different ballgame per se. It took her a lot of time to adapt to those schemes, but in the end she couldn't escape leading to her reincarnation. Also from the looks of it the Emperor didn't get away from the schemes either.

11. snowgem6

snowgem6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do we ever find out why the emperor had the MC killed in her previous life? Or why he chooses the cousin as his empress for that matter, instead of the MC?

12. kaguya0401

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading the story and the spoilers a bit more, I'm conflicted about the ML. The modern SWY inhabits another girl's body while the MC is in her body. GYH says he married SWY (the modern) b/c he loves her, but he ends up falling for MC even when he finds out that it isn't the original one he fell in love with. Coupled with the fact that he never really treated the original SWY well though he supposedly loved her.

I guess I'm having a hard time believing that he truly loved the original SWY or that he is a decent ML in the first place. It seems like the author tried the make the ML go in one direction, but it seems that they abruptly changed their mind. Either way I feel like the way the character is set-up/portrayed is super flawed.

13. Rena.anggreina

Rena.anggreina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the reason he married the real SWY is not for love. More like the real SWY can accept his weak side and love him unconditionally, so why not marry her?

And when he fell in love with the present SWY he might mistook that he loves her from the start, when it's not, it's just a choice for him

Miaka_Mei and kaguya0401 like this.
  14. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    If why the Emperor made other as his empress, I think it has to do with the power struggle. The Empress' family offered the power that he needed to stabilise his position at that moment.
    As for why he killed MC, I think MC died bc of the Empress' plot. Anyway, the Empress managed to convinced the Emperor that MC was cheating on him with one of their war comrade (the one that reincarnated into ML's best friend).
    Judging by how the Emperor imprisoned the war comrade and killed him out of jealousy, stating that he would never let MC leave him, I think the one that directly killed MC was the Empress though (using the Emperor's name).

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  15. kaguya0401

Reading List:
    Link
    I mostly think that this is probably what happened, but when SWY was in the hospital due to the horse riding incident, he was discussing how much he loved her and how he only wanted her to be less...spoiled? (I don't know for sure but he went about it in a real douchy way.)

Overall, as interesting as the story is, I think the author created a really conflicting ML whether it was by choice or on accident.

16. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Your guess is pretty much my guess as well. I think the author wanted to kinda save the ML's scumbag image, but failed and produced plot holes instead. It would've been better if she let him be disgruntled with the marriage and cold to the wife for that reason. Then everything would make more sense. Besides, the reason given for why he 'loved' the original FL was because no one would love him as much as her. This reason is a bit... like he settles for her cause there's nothing better. Is it really love? The author herself has problems, so I don't expect much of the novel, honestly. I gave it a chance and then gave up after seeing the inconsistencies and lack of real emotion.

zozoshawky and Aster Anemone like this.
  17. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, another case of a ML who would rather believe a woman he doesn't love over the woman he loves and who loves him. Well, that shows the emperor is pretty stupid, so he deserves everything that happens to him afterward (I think there was an uprising?). When I see such ML's or MC's, I only find that they're more likely to fall for an enemy's ploy some time in the future, after the novel's happy ending. So I don't hold much hope for them, lol. People need to be smarter to keep that high position.

18. kaguya0401

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I think it would have been better if the author had did as you said, and left the ML to be a cold person who was disgruntled with the marriage. That leaves room for character growth and development.

The ML's reason for loving the original FL is a bit superficial and, to be honest, pretty dumb. I'm sure there were other people around that would have loved him as much as the original FL, he either didn't notice it or the timing for the FL was impeccable (and he was vulnerable too).

I still read the translations because I want to know more about the FL's past life and what went on with the Emperor. I think the author had a pretty good idea with the ancient to modern transmigration and having the main characters resemble their past selves, even if only in appearance. However, the execution of the story is pretty shoddy as the story continues to develop.

Aster Anemone likes this.
  19. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with that. The idea itself is pretty neat. If the author didn't try to complicate things and had stuck with her original ideas, it would've gone better. Cause there're all the necessary elements for a good drama - the leads look like their past selves, but the soul in the FL's body was originally different. So even though the ML would be initially attracted to the FL's looks (because of vague memories of the past life), when he gets to know her later in their marriage, he starts to resent her. Then the right soul from the past gets transported to the right body, and we get our MC. It would've been good if they divorced too, and she entered the designing business to counter the older sister, and through that business, MC kept in contact with ML, while the rival designer dude provides some jealousy drama and so on and so forth. There really wasn't a need to overly justify the ML's marriage to the original FL, it only ruined his character >_>;;

Marane101, luzumafu and clear like this.
  20. kaguya0401

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! This is exactly what I was thinking. It was also interesting that the original owner of MC's body comes back and that is another good element to add to this fictional drama.

Miaka_Mei and ludagad like this.