Feature Request "favorites" in the reading list

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by r34lpr1nc3ss, Mar 25, 2017.

1. r34lpr1nc3ss

r34lpr1nc3ss Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is it possible to have the "favorites" feature in the reading list? and this feature could have the option of showing a one page fixed number of recent releases like in the "logs" feature?

it is very useful to be able to pick certain reading lists, and have all their recent releases show up in one page.

the "favorites" feature in the main page is a good idea, but the releases in it are time-specific? after a certain time, the releases are moved to the second page, which you can access after scrolling down through other releases.

thank you!

2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm you can make a sublist and change the color for the fave novels you have, that's the closest thing that you could do for now.

Nazgand likes this.
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    There is already an option for making the default reading list the favorite though?

It makes the releases of novels on it to always be on the top of the main page.

runsing likes this.
  4. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but does that help you notice them? If you highlight new releases it actually makes it harder to differentiate, IMO.
    Besides, it only moves releases from that same page to the top. You need to go to the next page to see the slightly older releases.

Rather than seeing releases contained on a single page moved to the top, I'd rather see all releases from that day for my favorite series.
    Of course, since there is a limit to the number of releases displayed on a single page, I'd either move favorites to a separate page or make a "release feed filter" that'd, if switched on, show our favorites only.

5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.
    Try going to your reading list?

6. r34lpr1nc3ss

Reading List:
    Link
    the suggestion was for the already existing "favorites" feature on the main page to be available also on the reading list, with a few tweaks of being one page with a fixed number of recent releases such as in the "logs" feature. meaning this favorites would be a page on its own, and not just on top of the main page.

since "favorites" can be edited to have more than one reading lists, and because of the different icons then it is easy to tell which specific list a certain release is on.

AliceShiki likes this.
  7. Ral

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, really? Then what do I even need the current favorite list for?
    I mean, since you're obviously trying to tell me I can see all releases from that day on my reading list, then favorites must be redundant.

Besides, you're wrong. It doesn't show me releases from that day. It only shows the latest release + 4 oldest unread releases. That's not the same.

8. r34lpr1nc3ss

Reading List:
    Link
    if the one page with fixed number of releases "favorites" feature is not possible...

can you instead add another "filtering" option which is the "List Filtering" because [release filtering] is too general with genre/tag inclusions/exclusions, and while [series filtering] is promising (meaning it's pretty much the definition of what is suggested here) - this is too taxing if the number of intended series are more than 20 (in this case, 3-4 reading lists with at least 260 series titles).

basically, a 'personalized' main page of releases that would work with a user's existing reading lists (not just the 1 default - kind of like how the "favorites" can be edited)...

thank you!

9. Ral

Reading List:
    Link
    By list filtering do you mean that you'd like to see only releases from selected lists?
    If you mean excluding lists form release feed, then it's already available. Reading List > List Settings > Hide from Main Release Page.