Request Finishing Dropped Novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Wujigege, Feb 25, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrant

Tyrant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you sure you want to set up a company for translating these novels without buying its license?

2. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    Sheng Wang

Wujigege likes this.
  3. Shinyhero

Shinyhero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God of Slaughter
    Conquest

4. ALongStringOfNumbers

ALongStringOfNumbers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This site stopped translating its novels because of people copying them, so there are plenty of novels on there. trungtnguyen123.org/
    From that site, I would probably want Black Belly Wife to be translated the most out of all of them, really liked the intro to that book.

Wujigege likes this.
  5. Adnana

Adnana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Wujigege
    I think this is an awesome initiative--picking up stories that have been abandoned, and finally providing readers with the ending they have long yearned to read, giving them closure. Thank you, really, and I very much hope this works out.

Re: A Generation of Military Counselor (translated/total) (26/43)
    As mentioned previously by @aru, the original translator has recently posted a notice here:
    https://nuttyisprocrasinating.wordp...-by-nutty-a-generation-of-military-counselor/
    In short, Nutty has given permission for someone else to pick up this novel--though it seems she will still continue translating regardless, posting one new chapter every couple of months or so. If you take this on, do please start with Ch. 28, however, as Nutty will post Ch. 27 within the next week or so. Also, if you haven't managed to contact her directly and still wish to do so, maybe Sian could meditate that. Sian is the other translator on Nutty's site, and you can contact her by commenting on her latest translation post (for Record of Washed Grievances).

The suggestions I wish to personally add on this thread, and for which I would be super extremely grateful if you were to pick up any of them :), are the following (fair warning, these novels may include at least a bit of romance):
    Song in the Clouds (1-42, 44, 54-end/58): missing chapters 43, 45-53. Last update on 05/18/13. This has been 100% certain abandoned--the initial translator just skipped some chapters and translated the ending to give some closure, but the story is incomplete because of those missing chapters, which is heart-breaking for such a complex, beautiful novel. Even if you pick nothing else on this list, please consider picking up this novel at least.
    Dragons Flies Phoenix Dances (31/81): Last update on 12/21/16, and I know for a fact that they'd be happy is someone else were to finish this, because they're having trouble with it (they were offering this project to Sian not too long ago. As you see, the last update was over 2 months ago.)
    Qie Shi Tian Xia/Who Gets the World (4.2/57): Last update from original translator was on 11/29/16, after a break of 1.5 years. While another translator posted some tidbits (2/3 of chapter 4) last month, is seems like it was a one-off. Now, I realize this novel is, technically, barely started, and it's not like only the last couple of chapters are missing... This would be a longer endeavour (while there are only 53 chapters left, they are on the long side). But it's a wonderful wuxia romance, and it's on lots of reading lists, and nobody is translating it anymore! :cry: Please consider adopting it.
    The Emperor’s Strategy (~4/20): Another exceptional wuxia romance. The translation was in summary fashion, with detailed translations for pivotal scenes, and covers the first 3 chapters + I'm not exactly sure how much of ch.4. It was abandoned on 05/30/14.
    Last but not least Nirvana In Fire (26/174), last update on 12/25/16 (so, it's passed the 3-month mark), not a romance. I realize this is likely longer than what you're looking for, but I had to at least mention it, because it's absolutely wonderful and intricately plotted, and it'd be a real pity if this were to be left untranslated.

So these are it, the abandoned novels I'm most anxious to see finished one day. Sorry that the post turned kinda long, and thank you again for opening this thread, and of course, your site. Like I said, I really admire your initiative. :)

MadHatter and Wujigege like this.
  6. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha we think alike, already got a few on my priority list
    Here
    http://www.novelupdates.com/readlist/?uid=45473

Adnana likes this.
  7. Ged Merrilin

Ged Merrilin Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't that picked up by the people who are translating Otherworldly Evil Monarch immediately?

Wujigege likes this.
  8. Ged Merrilin

Ged Merrilin Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Legend of the Cultivation God would be a great one to pick up, though idk how many chapters are left.

9. BattleNoob

BattleNoob Founder of the NooB Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh oh i can talk to demons and animals novel that one might be dropped due to the long years I think

Wujigege likes this.
  10. ALongStringOfNumbers

ALongStringOfNumbers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would also have to add White Calculation, 75 chapters total, 2 already translated, last one was in December 2016

Adnana and Wujigege like this.
  11. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Tower of karma ...

Wujigege likes this.
  12. hellsinker

hellsinker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Global Evolution.
    Impregnable Dreadnought

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  13. acedragon4

acedragon4 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Elf Tensei Kara no Cheat Kenkoku-ki
    Please try this one

Wujigege likes this.
  14. Mithun

Mithun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please pick up any of the three.
    emperor of cosmos
    portal of wonderland
    dominating sword immortal

Wujigege likes this.
  15. pirateking36

pirateking36 [[-Worst King-]]

Reading List:
    Link
    only Chinese novels?
    EDIT: I see it now.....how bout translating Ben-TO!?

Wujigege likes this.
  16. pothb

pothb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you also do Japanese...

There is Kage Kara Mamoru. However I don't really know what's up with it's status. It was licensed but after a couple of months or a year, Seven Seas seemed to have removed it from their listing. So it seems like they no longer licensed it. But It's so vague that I have no idea what's going on with it.

I've been wanting to read that for ages though.

Wujigege likes this.
  17. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese and Japanese

18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Crap I had a nightmare that Douluo Dalu 2.5 was about 7000 chapters .
    About 7841 to be exact. I almost shit myself
    @DeathStroke96 I hope you will buy him high blood pressure medicine

EDI: For Japanese novels, my group focuses on novels on syosetu or the requester can provide the raws

GM_Rusaku likes this.
  19. starbella

starbella Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some super cute and short c novels:3
    Divorce: This is a Trivial Matter(59 chapters altogether but the first three chapters are already translated and it is free for you to pick up)
    One Sweet Life(32 chapters but first 24 xhapters translated)
    Time(ok im super not sure if the translatir has dropped tis or not because she has stated tat she takes a long time to update but the last time she did was on the 25 of november last year n yeah.... the first 5 chapters are translated but if im nt wrong thrs 20?

Thrs a lot more but i 4gt so ill let u know if i find more:3

Wujigege likes this.
  20. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    so are you dropping Douluo Dalu 2.5 since it is a qidian novel?
    what? that truly would be a nightmare if a side story became multiple times bigger then the main 3 novels combined...
    Translationsnation.com decided to take it from them a the readers were begging them to do so...
    http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/ttnh-translations-and-mistakes.29251/page-2#post-1152092

Wujigege likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.