LCD Forty Millenniums of Cultivation

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Tolena

Tolena 《Virtual Reality Addict》

Reading List:
    Link
    Heart broken tears flow ;w;

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really thought he'd have his breakthrough even if he wasn't able to save everyone. I guess the author didn't want to deal with the problem of him being a cultivator and not staying on that car to die with the rest, not that any of them would want him to when his strength would be so low as to be nonexistent.

3. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The War Veterans never fail.

He can't be one, even if he kept his life. The others would have posthumous honors (if and when they die in line of 'duty' to protect humanity). But for a guy that shirked his responsibility, he risks having the entire disabled war veterans bearing down on him, even if the public did not.

4. warlord212

warlord212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    40 millenniums of cultivation is heavily influenced by 40k. Remember that there was a great emperor who had 20 super bad-ass "sons" and 1 betrayed him along with half of them. However, it's not a blatant copy of it, the author just took a few big elements of 40k and used them.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why destroy their guns? Why not give them to the injured soldiers to use?

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How did the cultivator who was fighting the tide prior to the battleship's arrival not get caught up in the chain reaction? It didn't sound like it was a process that they had any real control over after firing the first shot, and he was too tired to have been able to escape the effect range if it was expanding rapidly enough to be effective against the beast tide. Or did the battleship kill him too?

Also, how were the swords able to stop the beasts from fleeing? there were thousands of them and none of them were particularly large. Even if their losses were great, there's no reason to believe that at least some of them wouldn't have been able to flee.

Its like he's begging the MC to kill him. I wonder how much restraint the MC will be able to show in his current condition? And why none of the cultivators in the area have noticed what the MC is going through and come over to help. It doesn't sound like this breakthrough is something you're supposed to undergo alone after all.

Also wondering how the school will react when he shows up as a cultivator.

On a slightly unrelated note: Is there a reason why the Beast Tide Outbreak has to happen around humans? Couldn't the tear just be opened where the humans aren't and then much larger groups could come out, split up and wreak havoc at will? Possibly after disguising themselves as humans?

7. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is, they can't be opened just anywhere cheaply.
    Parallel worlds are not equally close everywhere, and being far greatly increases cost of transfer and reduces the tier of monster that can come through the tear...

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  8. Lonjest

Lonjest Dahar Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems chapter 115 is missing in the Synopsis/chapter list page. Guess it wasn't logged....

For those that want to read it just go to chapter 114 and scroll down to 115.

@Parth37955 I'm hailing you cause I don't know who deals with missing chapters and since your the last boss figured you be the person to let know a chapter is missing for this novel.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  9. khitman18

khitman18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "I didn't become a cultivator for something boring like live forever and never die".

I like this line so much. One thing I never understood in xianxia novels where cultivators who've lived for thousands, millions, billions of years or even more, yet were still so afraid to die... Lol...

There are some novels that even said that what cultivators value the most is their lives for the sake of living longer. Like in DE where cultivators who were facing death after a chaos cycle or so are regarded as dangerous because they are about to die... Lol... And here, I'd be satisfied to be able to live just over 70 lol.

I really never understood how cultivators could be so cowardly at times that they would beg for their lives. What separates them from ordinary mortals? A longer life and powers? They've lived longer and have experienced more, so they should have at least some pride, and die in a glorious way lol.

10. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The two chapters was a refreshing hash-out of "this is my POV as a cultivator" and "this is my POV as a cultivator", together with the general concensus of the cultivation community.

Too bad its somehow and somewhat restricting our MC's 'forging' capabilities.
    Too bad the other master whom he admired perished. :/

Else that master would have been a great forging friend.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That was a highly convenient camera.

I wonder why he's so astonished and confused about how things look for cultivators. He should already be familiar with at least some of it frome Ouezi's memories.

I wonder if there are any artworks that take advantage of all the new colors. Like a literal Unicorns in a Snowstorm painting that just looks like a blank canvas if you're not a cultivator.

12. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    I think for Ancient Cultivators, the culture leaned towards "Loyalty to Sect" & "pursuit of individual power". Modern Cultivators' culture leans towards "Loyalty to Country" & "Look good on Mass Media".

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    No no, I meant the physical side of things, like the form and function of the spirit root.

14. warlord212

warlord212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He never had full acces to the memories where he was a full cultivator. Now that he is a cultivator he'll be able to gain even deeper understandings of the memories.

15. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, for that just look at Language Drift, E.g.:-

1. Evolution of Oracle Bone Script to Bird Worm Script to Seal Script to Modern Chinese Script.
    2. A more modern example would be the difference between North and South Korean.
    3. Or even the difference between Queen's English, Canadian English, Australian English and American English.
    Terminologies change due to distance and time, plus loss of past knowledge, new insights due to modern tech, reconciliation between old and new knowledge etc..

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    From the description given, the spirit root is always visible to its owner. Therefore, if he had any memories from Ouezi the cultivator (which he definitely does), then he should have seen the spirit root before. Unless your saying that his brain was simply ignoring that part of the memories due to an inability to understand/process the information.
    I have no idea what question you're trying to answer with that...

17. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant the MC reconciling his modern knowledge of basic cultivation like the form and function of the spirit root with Ouezi's memories.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if you can opt-out of becoming a spectral cultivator.

They really should have warned him about the red lights. Its blindingly obvious that he wouldn't know.

How would that have anything to do with language? I was talking about memories of actual experiences. Such things don't need to be described in words.

19. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the emperor had one of his avatars corrupted rather than a son.

20. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    are you people still gonna continue reading the translations? Coz I know I won't read anything of qidian international for now

Last edited: May 22, 2017