Games with unlimited skills & skill level by use

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by mysticrpg, Feb 17, 2017.

1. thekingofgamez

thekingofgamez [He who makes others cough up blood in anger!]

Reading List:
    Link
    star ocean 1 and 2 had skills that the more you used them the better they got and looked different. other games with same mechanics include some tales games like tales of symphonia .

2. thekingofgamez

thekingofgamez [He who makes others cough up blood in anger!]

Reading List:
    Link
    i just remembered some game for the 360 the voice acting was cringy the last remnant you level up skills by getting hit using certian weapons and magic and they can mutate into other things also if you get real good at it you can combine with other party members. the only flaw i have with this game is the save points which can be far and few between

3. GravityKatt

GravityKatt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For old school it was completly revolutionary and it was fantastic, you could actually max out stat growth instead of fixed stat at level 99. If that was reintroduced into more games now a days i think it would be more widely accepted than the level cap

4. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it would be more accepted, but I don't think it would work as well. Mostly just that people would break and abuse it way too easily for it to ever be an effective system. I'm bad for it myself but I hate missing things in games, I always want to do perfect runs. Which is stupid, it takes all the fun out of it, and yet I still do it. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see them try.

God I feel old. I'm sitting here thinking of a time when I needed to get a friend's help to get through an area in the game because that was just about the only way at the time. Thing is I enjoyed games so much more back then, I didn't need to get it all perfect in one run. I think it's some sort of reflex to having less free time have to do it all so I only have to do it once.

5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally liked the NES version more actually, that HP up system of the GBA made it too hard to get to the end of the game with a reasonably small amount of HP.

Really bothersome if you're trying to challenge yourself a bit or simply avoiding annoyances with enemies that take 1/2 of your maximum health per hit.
    Oh, I agree with that, it would be nice to have a system like that again, would need some adapting, but I would definitely love it! \(^^)/
    I don't think that's a problem though?

Just like in how disgaeas you can abuse tons of stuff, if the game is made already thinking of the possible abuses, it works out quite well, it's just a matter of careful game design.
    Actually on topic... Huuuuuuuum... I can remember one game with the thing of unlocking new skills by leveling up the your available skills and that the skills level up by using them.

Name is "Cross Edge", it's a pretty fun game, but... Please, if you do attempt it, don't ever do it without a walkthrough, it will be a super boring and grindy experience and you'll probably end up in a bad ending.

Just use a walkthrough to show you where you need to go to see the right events and avoid all the grindy and annoying search system... Aside from that, the game is great! I think it can be easily enjoyed.

6. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mount and Blade?