LCD Genius Doctor: Black Belly Miss

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Starvenus, Jun 12, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the Lin family has an aerial signal to call its army, why doesn't the imperial family have one? And if the emperor was so worried about the Lin family rebelling, why wouldn't he have a large enough force stationed in or around the capital to defend himself from them? Or better yet, why didn't he just deploy the Rui Lin Army to the borders so that they couldn't be used against him?

Shio likes this.
  2. Faaldara

Faaldara [Fire Goddess] [Apathy] [Anon2.0's] [Sweets Thief]

Reading List:
    Link
    Because that would require more intelligence. And I think a lot of it is the people's opinion of the army plus he can't think of a good excuse.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't really need to think of a good excuse to position your strongest fighting force along your borders. Not unless you're afraid of upsetting your neighbors anyway.

Unless you mean a good excuse for signalling his own army? He could either tell the truth that the Lin family is rebelling or say that he called them in to help the Lin family in their search for traitors. Which would then be conveniently found hiding within the ranks of the Rui Lin Army.

4. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose the emperor could say that he's calling his own army to help the Rui Lin army, but I'm guessing the fame of Rui Lin army, and their strength is well known and assumed to be much stronger than the royal army. It was mentioned in one of the chapters (sorry for not remembering, with the crazy amazing updates, I can't rmb) that the Yu Lin army or guards that were in the palace at the time when Wu Xie came were completely helpless. So it'd be kind of pointless for the emperor to signal them, since they'd probably be barred from entry into the city under "emperor's orders"

And I think the whole point of the emperor not already having his army stationed in and around the palace was because he didn't think they were ever going to rebel. Jun Xian's loyalty is known and unwavering, plus the Lin family has been in decline for a while. With Jun Qing crippled, other son dead, Jun Xian's age and Wu Xie's lack of contract spirit/ uselessness. He didn't have fear of rebellion, but he wanted to get rid of them secretly just for peace of mind. I mean, even Jun Xian and Jun Qing never had the thought to make the emperor abdicate even when the imperial family was being such a bitch to them.

I don't know if that helps, but that's just my interpretation :)

5. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A better question yet is : how come a girl who spend her whole life conocting pill, never have much interaction with another human, able to easily plot a rebellion?

Reading this novel require turning down the brain a bit. /Shrugs

pocketbear likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    However gullible she is, I doubt her master or his spies will be ignorant of the truth by the time they arrive or shorty thereafter. I wonder how those two plan to deal with it when the master realizes that they manipulated his disciple to involve his country in their internal politics. Its quite possible that he'll kill them both and seize the country.
    I wasn't thinking that he had a better quality army, I was thinking that he had a much bigger one. Also, denying them entry on "emperor's orders" when the emperor clearly summoned them wouldn't fly with even the stupidest of people.

His fear of the Lin family rebelling is at the core of why he tried to kill them.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like the lotus was created to be abused regardless of his form. I know its supposed to be comedic relief or something, but I really don't like it.

Shio likes this.
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Its looking more and more like she won't be making it out of this city alive. I wonder what the MC plans to do about her master after killing her though.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If she murders everyone in the city, then how is he supposed to keep his throne? There's no way that people wouldn't blame him for failing to protect the capital's citizens.

I wonder if they'll stop the plot before it really gets started or if the MC will find out after the first wave of explosions and start distributing an antidote that will instantly raise her to saint-like status in the eyes of the populace.

Shio likes this.
  10. Chewy

Chewy 「Inactive from now」「Contact me on Dm」

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wondering..Since the Qing Yun Clan are supposed to be healers, won't the Master become enraged if he finds out his disciples murdered innocents :/ not just innocents but an entire city

11. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah. The Qing Yun Clan being known as healer is only shown on the surface, but with their miraculously fame medicine, what greedy group/kingdom will not put their hands on the clan. In order to prevent that from happenning, it is obvious that the Qing Yun Clan will develop poison to fight back. Furthermore more, to develop more advance medicines, they will have to come across poisons that were shown on their test subjects.

You than have to ask, where did they get their test subjects that were willing to risk their life? How were the Qing Yun Clan not affected when newly poison erupted in an undeveloped world instead? They obviously do not have a clean history.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Who do you think taught her how to make these poisons? She's not exactly good enough to come up with them on her own.

Chewy likes this.
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    For the crown prince to be the first victim, the emperor's luck is quite extraordinary.

14. kumomo

kumomo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shio, Chewy and Laazy like this.
  15. Chewy

Reading List:
    Link
    True..and she's been this arrogant so that means she's been spoilt rotten. Almost forgot she was talented as well because our genius Wuxie is too OP.

16. Aeternelle

Aeternelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Should we ask for a link change or will the website eventually be back up ?

---

Airborne disease spreading; with Jun Wu Xie's knowledge would she create a vaccine ? An antidote ? Contaminate the City's water sources ? Is she herself affected ? There wasn't much explanation about the explosion range and how it spreads through air.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how she plans to deal with the master when he arrives? His medical skills might be nothing to her, but his army is likely quite good.

Also wondering how they plan to distribute the antidote. There's quite a few people who will convince themselves that they aren't sick until its too late. Not to mention the problem of the number of people that need to be treated. Regardless of her skill, there's only so many herbs that she can use to make an antidote with and they're unlikely to be available in the necessary quantities, especially if people see her family taking them all and decide to try and horde them to sell at an extreme markup.

18. Chewy

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe they will wait for another person to explode then give the medicine?
    And to prevent selling the medicine from happening maybe the Rui lin army will personally distribute and force feed the citizens XD

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That city likely has a population in the millions. How did she make enough medicine for everyone in a single day when it took her so long to make those fortification pills for the Rui Lin Army alone?

People are selfish. After an incident like that, they'd be desperate to escape the city before something like it happened again, with a screw national security and revenge attitude.

This should give her all the evidence she needs that the ring leader is in the imperial palace, and at that point, there's only one good suspect. I do wonder how she'll explain it to the master when he shows up to find his disciple ripped apart by the angry masses.

20. Chewy

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the antidote was in liquid form? So it would be much easier to make it in batches and administer.
    Like here have a sip and you'll be cured XD
    But true i'm sure tons of people hated the Rui Lin army before they gave out the antidote