Movie GITS .. What do you think?

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by justmehere, Apr 3, 2017.

?

Do you like The Movie?

1. Yes

21.7%
  2. No

17.4%
  3. What the hell is GITS?

30.4%
  4. I know its Ghost in the Shell, but i still dont care....

21.7%
  5. I know its Ghost in the Shell, but I havent watched it.

4.3%
  6. Whitewashing piece of sh**

4.3%
  1. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anybody here watched ghost in the shell?
    What do you think?

I've personally find the way they tone it down to PG 13 is idiotic. There was a NAKED SUIT! (To those who dont agree with me, google the news that they didnt included the tits due to getting it to PG 13, if they just added the tits, the whole thing would be PG 18) I personally wouldnt take my kids watching that until they are 18 or so. I know people are probably raging about how i should be more open minded. Its really hard for parents to explain simple things to kids, moreover sex. Its harder to be in a studio with them watching a NOT naked woman running around looking naked.

That said. I think the philosophical theme of GITS are actually intact. If there is anything missing from it, i would say the action scenes could be done better. The anime had better action scenes from this movie i think.

If this movie tank, I believe it's due to the fact that our society right now is just looking for easy good looking movies.

Edit:
    I know people complains about whitewashing, but they are brave enough to put japanese people in the movie and keep their language intact.

I'd give the movie 7/10

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    GuruKast likes this.
  2. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    is it good? What would you rate it out of 1-10 points?

Ps. There should be a . "I know gits but havent watched it" option

3. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    There isn't any age restriction in my country, cause it's very mild at best... It's just a suit. Difference in mindset between countries I guess :)
    I kinda liked it too. Not very good, but watchable

4. MaidChan

MaidChan 『Battlemaid』 『TRAP』 『Homeless Maid』

Reading List:
    Link
    Whitewashing piece of sh*t!!

(Oppss~ sorry,,, this maid just cant hold it.)

Mangochic, Aiiee and Doomr like this.
  5. Juno

Juno Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched the first episode on the anime and said it was shit and didn't remember anything about it after lol

6. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was just bad all around.
    Impressive visuals, but these what doesn't?

7. Doomr

Doomr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't watched it but... this ^

8. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Not watched it and likely won't unless I find it showing on tv at some point.
    My issue with it really is that I love the manga and tv series too much and to a lesser extent the 1995 movie as well.
    It probably is a decent film in it's own right but I'm just not interested to see an adaptation that is any lesser than the 1995 movie, been avoiding Arise for the same reason.
    Had it been merely "inspired by" GITS then I would probably have watched and enjoyed it.
    Oh and main thing that make me uninterested is the choice of Kuze as the villain, I find it really stupid to use that character in a way taken out of the context of his role in the tv series.

9. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't bad, its just that they missed a whole new angle on the major. See in the series she was always in "her" body, in this movie she was placed into the idealized female body as designed by a bunch of old white men. Which could have been a good angle to explore how societal expectations and idealizations of form driven by a select minority alter our perception of who and what we are, and examining if indeed, [what] we are now plays a role in shaping [who] we become, even when who we were in the past is so different from either

justmehere likes this.
  10. GuruKast

GuruKast Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. Similar rating. I,m hoping it does well enough to earn another movie or two. the world they have set up is amazing, and i want them to do the laughing man and such as well!