Going to buy now a new pc, the only question is about 500W power or 600W.

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Sordahon, Jun 14, 2017.

1. coyoteelabs

coyoteelabs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No matter what the final power value you decide to go with, don't buy a cheap no-name psu. Select several psu's, then look at specs and reviews for them.
    A good brand name does more than just supply power to your components. It also protects them from power surges that could easily destroy them. I've read a lot of horror stories about ppl that bought high end components that got fried a few weeks later because they used a cheap psu.

kjoke likes this.
  2. kuppy123

kuppy123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If money is no object also conside a backup power supply unit. provides a few minutes of power in case of a blackout so you can save your work and safely shut down your pc

3. sidiusn

sidiusn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    go for 500 and get one with better 80+ rating?
    evga 500 w1 80+ white. is good for the price (40-60usd) have one for my media station. 2 years in still no problems + it got 3 years warranty

4. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With desktop PCs, always go for more power. Don't worry about your electricity bill, you won't be using 500-600W all the time - probably never.

5. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    500W is more than enough. I run more powerful configs on 500W with no issue. More important is the quality of the PSU. A poor PSU can fry your entire setup.