LCD Gourmet Food Supplier

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Raneday, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Sawcrot

Sawcrot 『Elk God』

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the connection between the dog and MC o_O

2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    a guard dog? Or perhaps it will evolve due to the food? :p

3. AurionLute

AurionLute Actively Inactive Nonmember

Reading List:
    Link
    "This time, for example, the tea leaves provided by the system were actually picked by virgins who had just turned 18 years old and had beautiful looks in order to maintain the purest conditions of the tea leaves."

Okay, wtf ..??

4. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you fuc*ing kidding me?!? I didn't read the latest chapter yet but can't believe author would use such words.

Edit: WTF?!? Author actually said that.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  5. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    dunno but perhaps it's related to pure yin or something here?

6. Saltishy

Saltishy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it's kind of this ancient Chinese thing, the tea leaves supplied to the emperor are supposed to be picked that way. It's originated from a legend telling there is a hard working but poor guy received fairies'(imortal ladies) help, he got some high ending tea leaves and thousands of tea trees because his hard working attitude is simply touching. What makes it special is that those fairies are not picking with their hands but lips. After leaves are fried, they are stored on the fairies' chests to make sure there is perfect temperature of ferment. So this tea is also called "boobs tea", in a more elegant way though. I feel like that is somehow discriminates females, but it's an ancient thing so it's kind of okay.
    However, under the modern setting the author still tends to use that, is bit disappointing, especially when the author is a girl herself.

the author ends up being a strong and stubborn nationalist so I have to drop it, what a shame

strixflash likes this.
  7. NovelCat

NovelCat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm bothered by how boss Yuan gets jealous of Wu Zhou for having a girlfriend while leaving Wu Zhou clueless of the disdain he's receiving from Yuan. Boss Yuan should just get his own gf if he's gonna be jealous like a sissy. And Wu Zhou, get a clue! '-'

8. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    err with his personality as seen by the customers...:whistle:

9. KickInator

KickInator I am Indian bc

Reading List:
    Link
    Its the long awaited battle between the Jam Zealots and the Dumpling Dogs.:LOL::ROFLMAO:

10. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c1: Given everything we've seen so far in this chapter, "psychologically stable" is probably being a bit generous. He's not insane or anything, but he's definitely got problems of a psychological nature.

Why did he say "System" there? Does he normally mumble that in his sleep, or is this an artifact of translation?

Wow, 2 years of practice and he still can't fry rice, no wonder he didn't try to take over the shop. I'd thought it was just his trauma getting in the way.

C2: This really sounds like they're buying buildings in preparation for some form of major construction, but then his desire to rent the place until he could buy it doesn't really make much sense.

I like that the system has personality in this story, but it remains to be seen if it'll really be a good thing.

C3: Wow, that is cheap for all he's getting from the guy. Well, unless its not restaurant grade equipment and/or the value of the RMB against the USD has shifted dramatically by the time of the story.

C4: I really thought those siblings from before would block him getting his licenses somehow.

C5: Somehow, it feels like the system just trolled him ;)

C6: I wonder if he'll try to apply the information from this recipe to other recipes. It sounds like it would be both possible and a good idea.

c7: lol, I never thought he'd have to pay for it himself ;)

I wonder if he'll still have to pay if he uses his own ingredients in a different kitchen? And if that 10% cut is enough to cover the taxes on his sales, property and business?

What does listening to classical music have to do with food quality?

C10: His friend is a sadist lol

I really do wonder why no one will notice all these machines that are performing far beyond what is possible.

C12: I wonder if those two will regret not buying once the shop's reputation starts taking off ;)

C14: He may not have enough chairs for the entire group...

C15: I wonder if he'll get a reservation system at some point.

C19: 9 levels seems awfully low. I wonder how he'll be getting new recipes? It can't possibly be solely from level ups after all.

C32: I notice nothing comes from outside of China. Its like the author thinks that all foreign food must be inferior, even when including extinct species.

C39: I wonder why no one ever orders the Egg Fried Rice and the Egg Fried Rice Set? Technically, they're two different dishes. So by his rules, they should be able to order both and get a second serving that way.

Ah, nevermind.

C40: I wonder what will happen to that streamer's career now? She won't be able to enjoy the food anywhere else, and her audience would get tired of it if she always ate at the same restaurant.

C41: I don't understand how he can ever qualify as a master chef if he's never going to develop his own recipes.

C43: I wonder what ever happened to those siblings from the first few chapters. Did the author just abandon that plot line or what?

C53: I'm not sure it would be possible to come up with a worse excuse lol. He could at least have found a food convention or something to say that he was going to ;)

C55: Rofl. Okay, that's the worst excuse ever XD

C66: I really wish the author would leave out the casual sexism. I know it doesn't crop up much, but its still off-putting whenever it does.

C75: He's quite thoroughly underpaying at only 3k a month with no benefits for a 40+ hour work week with no days off including 3 split shifts daily.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    She's going to need to work harder if she doesn't want to get fired. Also, she needs to learn the value of money. The pay he's offering is definitely not good enough for the commitment he's asking for, not unless the value of the RMB against the USD is vastly different in this series, or she's allowed to ask for and receive tips (which I was fairly certain wasn't something people did in China?).

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He really should have checked with the system, if the original price winds up being different, it could cause problems.

Its really obvious what his wish will be, and the MC should have seen it coming. Since there's no way that the system will allow him to cater a party, I wonder if he'll just insist on having the party at his restaurant? And if he does, I wonder if the system will let him do that, or if it'll still consider it to be catering a party.

13. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    he could do that technically, remember the system gave him skill to do some of his recipe? So he could cook them but without using the ingredients from the system

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but you know his friend won't be satisfied with inferior goods and won't be at all understanding of why the MC can't use the ingredients from his store.

15. FinzRaizer

FinzRaizer 『Passing by High Schooler』 『Dimension Tripper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Foe the one that already read raw, any idea what chapter boss yuan got a girlfriend ? LOL , maybe never got girlfriend :v ....

16. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    He could say that it's trade secret? Or the ingredients are limited?

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    His personality has completely changed if he's actually forcing people to take his money now.

18. Silangan

Silangan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably because its a girl. A cute innocent young girl. A loli. Ugh. Anyone else annoyed on how often people refer to her as that loli?

Raneday likes this.
  19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the majority of the quality of his dishes came from the ingredients? Is the author now trying to say that he's a fantastic chef even with low grade materials? If so, wouldn't that mean that the majority of the information that the system is giving him on each dish is being completely wasted due to him pretty much never needing it?

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You'd think such a hardcore foodie would know more about ingredients.