Discussion Has This Ever Happened To You?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Crystalraven, Jan 15, 2017.

?

Have you ever had a similar experience?

1. Yes

89.2%
  2. No

10.8%
  1. Crystalraven

Crystalraven † Strawberry † Knight †

Reading List:
    Link
    So yesterday, I decided to get back to this mobile MMORPG, Toram Online, that I really loved (still do actually) after taking about half a year break from it. So I logged on, the first thing I did was checked my friends list and found out that almost all of my friends had quit from the game. The latest one was around 4 months ago.

I then checked my guild, only to find out that it had disbanded. It was saddening to see as everyone in that guild was especially nice (courtesy of the guildsmaster and the veterans in the guild, once a member gets toxic the GM gives out a warning. If the member is still toxic, then he gets booted out of the guild). I remembered that there was a time when we ranked first in a guild maze event (the guild's were ranked based on a how fast they can clear a dungeon with 1000 levels) and everyone was so proud and happy back then.

Next I headed out to a grinding spot which used to be the best grinding spot in the game during my day (god that makes me sound so old). It used to to have swarms of people, some looking for parties to grind with, while others were selling stacks of quest items for Spina (in-game currency). It was so lively. But when I got there, it was deserted. There was literally no one there. It was honestly really depressing.

Somehow it made me feel like I was a stranger, a newcomer who had no idea how things worked around anymore. I wonder if this is how it feels to go back to your hometown after being away for years, only to find out that it's vastly different from how you remembered it.

So, the million dollar question, did you experience this with any MMO or any game that you played? Tell me your story down below!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  2. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like game beta fever. You know, when you play the beta to a game and it's everything you want in a game; then within a month it turns into everything you hate in a game.

3. cellimen45

cellimen45 God of Books (self proclaimed) Convert The Bullies

Reading List:
    Link
    It has happened to me before as well. But I don't really feel like talking about the experiences they make me depressed :cry::cry::cry:

Added to the fact that in 4 months a lot of game mechanics can change so when I don't play a game in a while and come back its like a new game where all of your old stuff is forgotten and all your friends are gone. :cry::cry::cry:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

GM_Rusaku and Crystalraven like this.
  4. Neydomus

Neydomus Non-Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah, i had a similar (or rather the exact same) experience with mu online... it was so long ago, but just remembering these happenings brings a tear to my eye.

Crystalraven likes this.
  5. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    no
    I usually dont come back to mmos
    and I usually dont go too far :\

Crystalraven likes this.
  6. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Something like that. Guilds are rarely still around after you come back quite a bit later. I played LotR online for a while and something like that happened. Only somewhat more annoying because the game mechanics changed too.

Crystalraven likes this.
  7. gwendaal

gwendaal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Logged back info fiesta online because le cap upgrade everything is about 10 to 250 more Times expensive peoples selling plvl and quest grind now i Wonder where the thrilling part about MMORPG if peoples scared of grind/ farming i think they shouldnt play mmos. That the same everywhere, i was told that interest ratio on the gaming industriel is skyrocketting.

noarmado and Crystalraven like this.
  8. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I played *coughiknowyoustalkmecough* for 10 years, so it's safe to say I had my share of experience.

Crystalraven likes this.
  9. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Played DOTA(before dota 2) with my old friends and even if we lost, we still enjoy playing it and gave a friendly handshake with the enemy.

Then, DOTA 2 came out and my friends began to beat each other. This is how online games work nowadays...

xalienxgamerx and Crystalraven like this.
  10. Crystalraven

Reading List:
    Link
    I can imagine how painful that would be.

Right? :'(

I'm the same. I guess that's why it's extra painful for me. Because Toram was the first ever MMO that I stuck to until end game.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    Neydomus likes this.
  11. Reasonable Guy

Reasonable Guy ❄Highschool Memories❄ ❄Boy of Zeta❄

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really a sad experience. in my case when i can't play online game again because of rl, i don't have a time to sell my items, i have some item that can be sell for a lot of money.
    But when i log in again after 3 month, the items become shitty cheap, dafaq my precious money is gone like that. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Crystalraven likes this.
  12. Crystalraven

Reading List:
    Link
    Err... What? xD

Lol

13. Crystalraven

Reading List:
    Link
    When your endgame gear becomes mid tier gear xD really painful

noarmado likes this.
  14. thelurker

thelurker [The Crazy Guy] Death to All BL Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried playing fps again and i sucked so much in playing after quitting for years even when the enemy just stand there i cant still hit it...i feel like a fcking storm trooper

15. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    WoW died. quite some time ago. and it hurts a lot seeing the place so empty as I go that was til the movie and a lot of scrubs started popping up but now its empty again...

Crystalraven likes this.
  16. UselessWastrel

UselessWastrel Procrastinating Suicidal

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes, but with a different game called life, I had friends and even suitors(suitresess?) at one point and then this huge patch came and poof all gone.
    it also happened in another game called Grand Chase(in any case u r wondering, I've experienced the same in a game and experienced it IRL too.)

noarmado and Crystalraven like this.
  17. Crystalraven

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayyy lmao. I hear that Life has great graphics? Shitty game balance though. Also lots of p2w aspects. I hate p2w. And Grand Chase is an old game. I leaned more on Ragnarok and Ran

18. Crystalraven

Reading List:
    Link
    That's sad...

19. DesuDiem

DesuDiem Surviving College

Reading List:
    Link
    The good old days in WoW.:cry::cry::cry:

Crystalraven likes this.
  20. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    I've had similar experiences before. But then again I've also had experiences where the guild I was in is still around when I get back, but I just feel too awkward reintroducing myself and such and just turn myself invisible so to not deal with it.

Crystalraven likes this.