Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the forums~ I hope you enjoy your stay here!

2. AmIaCat

AmIaCat [ Shem's Kouhai ] [ AmIaCat ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I'm Andrew! My name is too long so... Andrew it is!
    I like games like LoL and CoD. I like anime and manga too specially novels, because I have an "AMAZING" imagination. So.... Please take care of me.?!

3. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome Andrew to the NU book club~ (^-^)/

An amazing imagination is a requirement for reading~ lol

AmIaCat likes this.
  4. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Determined』『Status: Coding in Uni』

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Shield Loyalist. Call me Shield or Nik
    Hobbies: reading manga/novels, playing Terraria or Rune Factory 3, watching Digimon Tri (dammit Gennai!!)
    Genre: I can't put a specific one since I often change genre picks. But if I'd have to...maybe...Time Travel, Dungeons and Hero Summoning? (kindly refer to my faves)
    Faves:
    • Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
    • Mushoku Tensei
    • Sevens
    • Konjiki no Moji Tsukai
    • Rebirth of the Thief Who Roamed The World
    • Evolution Theory of the Hunter
    • Acquiring Talent in Dungeon
    • Seoul's Station Necromancer
    • Master Hunter K

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Silver Snake likes this.
  5. Ash

Ash 『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to nuf
    Welcome to nuf community

6. Axiel

Axiel ❖ Beyond Salavation ❖

Reading List:
    Link
    name: Some Random Peasant or just call me Kudan
    hobbies: reading, gaming, spacing out, daydreaming, drinking coffee, eating oats...
    genre: fantasy I guess...
    favorite: a certain series... no matter how flawed...

akki likes this.
  7. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    You were random until you gave yourself a name~ lol

Welcome to the NU book club~ (^-^)/

8. Axiel

Axiel ❖ Beyond Salavation ❖

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, thanks~ :D

9. kingkong53

kingkong53 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: KingKong53 or Veccio eithers fine
    Hobby: reading, listening to music
    Genre: right now its xianxia and xuanhuan
    Favorite: all time favorite for now is either Coiling Dragon and The Lazy King

10. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice to meet you all my given name is Ghostap but I also like the name Spectersap.
    You can call me whats most convenient. I enjoy novels where the mc travels the world discovering new or forgotten places. As well as helping people they pass by on their journey. Ex. skeleton knight, spirit migration, and goblin slayer.

For my hobbies I guess I like reading manga and novels. I don't care much for anime since I feel only the most popular ones get produced, which often to me means mostly trash is animated. I used to like games a lot but their often just repeated simulations. I would love to become a artist of some sort, but whenever I try to draw. The image I imagine always changes from when I looked into my head and back to the paper. I'm sort of against the idea of being social as I feel that it is a waste of time that I don't enjoy. But sadly most games need at least two players.

Please don't treat me like a monster and I hope to get along with all of you to the best of my ability. Uh~ what else... Oh I'm not that smart. I'm probably just the tiniest most microscopically bit smarter than the average person. So please don't ask me for advice on anything since you probably know just as much or more than myself. I also enjoy the word games and general chats (about questions of morality and truth) on the forum. So yes if you could participate more in those passing reader. Thank you for reading and have a nice day(or night).

Ranz likes this.
  11. aueneg

aueneg 【Lazy】

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... Well hello as a starter... My name is aueneg!(This name is weird but don't bother about it) and introduction ends...

12. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    That was really quick~ you don't wanna mention anything you like? Novels, mangas, anime, hobbies?

13. jmmasters

jmmasters Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I'm half of a partnership duo who uses the pen name J.M. Masters! You can call me Jan or Panda whichever you prefer!

Hobbies/Interest: Well apart from the usual web surfing and gaming, I also like to write. I decided to register in NU because I know that it will be a good place to spread our (me and my partner illustrator) story around. And also, people who read LN's in general are very likeable. :D

Favourite Novel and why: This is hard, when it comes to novels I've read works from Dan Brown (Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons and Inferno), Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson series), J.K. Rowling (HP Series) and next on my to read list is The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Series. A lot of my interests lie with novels containing fantasy. I would say that it would be the staple for me to notice works in general. As for LN, I've read SAO, MaoYuu Maou Yuusha, Skeleton Knight and a lot more.

Anime I like and why: The main genre for the anime I watch is Comedy. It HAS to have comendy or I'll probably mostly drop it. There are a lot that still make it to my list despite the lack of this requirement though so I've seen a lot. What I don't watch is anything with horror and I mostly stay away from sci-fi (please don't be mad at me >.<!! )

Anyway, hello and I hope we get along well! :)

BlancFrost and akki like this.
  14. akki

Reading List:
    Link

I'm gna have to jo with Jan~ we got too many pandas here already.
    You write and your partner does the illustrations? Good luck with that.

If you like fantasy then I would recommend the Dresden Files. Think of it as a kind of very mature version of Harry Potter.

I'm mad about the sci-fi thing but I won't hold it against you :p

jmmasters likes this.
  15. jmmasters

jmmasters Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha yeah. Once I get over the link limit, will post some of the images my partner illustrator made for our series.

And Jan it is. Us pandas are just too cute lol XD

akki likes this.
  16. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to NUF may you enjoy your time here~

NEU paciFIST and jmmasters like this.
  17. Youngest

Youngest Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I should say hello?

Youngest here.

Nickname: Young, cause that sounds good.
    Hobbies: Writing, reading, watching youtube, procrastinating.
    Interest: Powerful, good persona. Anything useful.

Genres you read often:
    I used to read Xian xia, until the time when my mind was raped... I mean, MC killed a defenseless lady just cause he's angry, or raped a lady caused he's angry, or wiped out a clan cause he's angry? Later, I dropped Xian xia novels like flies... Still read some though, some of the time.
    Got any Xian xia that didn't rape the mind?:cry:

Your favourite novel: For now, I would say Amber Sword. The details were lacking, but at least the MC had adequate moral. Can't help it, it feels really annoying reading MC raping, killing defenseless and (often) innocent others. Like wiping out the whole clan? There ought to be some babies there not mentioned.:confused:

Someone dare tell me there was no babies? My clan only had 100+ members and babies were made every year, I can't keep up with their names!

Ehem, sorry, I rant.

Well, I've been away from forums for so long, it's kind of awkward being in one. I've been to RRL, I left the site for almost two years. Things changed. Still, I want to mingle around.

Fortunately, NU's forum seemed fun and welcoming? Hm, someone did welcome me so it was a good start.
    I'm a reader turned writer, had a lot of regret going. Currently writing Lesser Throne of Seventh Heaven, placed it in RRL, hopefully I'll be consistent.:whistle:

I registered NU after lurking around maybe around 1 year or more? Can't really remember. NU's updates are quite neat, the reviews are useful (fun even), and I had this tingling feeling about wanting to have my own website. :p

The technical details literally spin my mind upside down. I'm weak with that :cry:

18. akki

Reading List:
    Link

That was a rant indeed lol~ hope you have a good time here and good luck with your writing

Youngest likes this.
  19. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the forums Young!

Enjoy your time here! I can't help you out with xian xia novels hahah I am still trying to keep up with my own novel's updates that I haven't even started new novels on my reading list yet :cry:

You could always opt for making a thread in the 'Looking for...' forum and see if anyone has any suggestions for you. Just make sure to read the FAQ's and rules about posting threads (y)

Youngest likes this.
  20. Sal The Genderless

Sal The Genderless Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello Sal here......there already someone name Sal T^T......I'm still going to be Sal anyway so nice to meet you everyone

Hobby : reading novel
    Fav Genre : Isekai, Tensei
    Fav novel of all time : Mushoku Tensei

NEU paciFIST and akki like this.