LCD Hidden Marriage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by IamMeowChie, Dec 10, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did they both even fit into a single seat comfortably enough to sleep? She was in the driver's seat right?

IamMeowChie likes this.
  2. IamMeowChie

IamMeowChie 『Gone to secluded place』 『Master Nef's Pet Kitty』

Reading List:
    Link
    LT has an ability to squeezed his body just to fit in the seat as long as it's NX. ( •w•)

3. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    The author can make anything happen as long as they want it to. Disregarding all laws of physics and common sense...

IamMeowChie and jacobpaige like this.
  4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought she'd finally do some acting this chapter, but nope. She's so perfect that we can just say acting happened and move onto the pointless melodrama that is her sister and her ex.

Alright lets talk about the pointless melodrama. So, what kind of criminally stupid director would still treat her like garbage after she doubled the movie's budget? What makes him think that his mysterious benefactor won't just yank the money and use it to fund an entirely new picture with her as the star, and then move heaven and earth to make sure that he never directs again? Any director in that society (as it has been described so far) would know, beyond shadow of a doubt, that Ning Xi was the most important person on that set, with Ning Xueluo being a close second.

If the director is stupid enough to want to choose one of them to favor while mistreating the other, then the obvious choice is Ning Xi. She works for Starlight too, so more than half the money for the picture comes from people who support her while at most half support Ning Xueluo. If he wanted to, he could do without her father's money quite easily. Plus, choosing Ning Xi might provoke Ning Xueluo into pumping her father for more money to swing things back in her favor. Though mistreating either of them is like practicing juggling with bottles of nitroglycerin.

Also, if he really wanted to help, why the f' didn't he just sign her on as a talent for his company and then throw its full weight behind her? I would like to believe that she's not stupid enough to turn down such an offer in her current situation. Though that may be wishful thinking.

5. Bloodyuuki

Bloodyuuki 『Pureblood Princess』『Owned Vampire』『Lazy Virus《!》』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes... I wished that she would just moved away from starlight into LTs company. Easy way out. She also got talent and beauty.

And that damned girl sure is annoying as hell. She tried to drag Ning Xi to the mud every chances she got. And that childhood friend idiot just believe everything she said. Truly idiot

6. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought I would get acting scenes not more bullying >.< Will the author ever get to the point? I knew it would be a long ride but it is too bumpy.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Has someone with the initials YS been mentioned before?

I like the protagonists in this story, but honestly, that's it, and I'm not sure how much longer my good will towards them will be able to keep me reading this.

Honestly, I'm beginning to think that the author thinks that this is the point. That nothing else matters besides little bits of melodrama until the author can't think of any new cliches to make her miserable, him jealous or to keep them apart, at which point they'll discover that they had a kid together, get married and destroy/befriend her sister (not necessarily in that order) before the series abruptly ends in happily ever after fashion.

I've pretty much given up on any kind of in-depth development of any aspect of her life outside of being bullied and her relationship with the male lead and their son. Even this stuff with her former boyfriend is just a way of pushing her relationship with the male lead while provoking her sister as an excuse for more even more bullying.
    Calling him an idiot is far too kind. I don't care what excuse she gave, there shouldn't have been one that any person worthy of continuing to breath would find acceptable. The fact that he thought he had a right to "accept Ning Xueluo's apology" for having Ning Xi raped, just made it inescapably clear that he was an irredeemable scumbag who was better off dead. I'll probably drop this series instantly if she ever forgives either of them. I just won't be able to respect her any more.

BlancFrost likes this.
  8. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much sums up what most Chinese novels are about (T.T) too much melodrama and the endings are always just like an epilogue. It doesn't seem like she will be getting any character development, I am hesitant in continuing to read further lol

lalalyly and jacobpaige like this.
  9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    She should have just kept walking. Any damage the paparazzi would have done would have hurt him and her sister far more than her, and she has no reason to interact with her sister's puppets. Honestly, every bad thing that happens to her in this series is something that she could easily avoid if she would just use her brain a little, with the possible exception of the first two chapters.

10. Tachi Works

Tachi Works Not a very well known member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who else got swerved by how smart Ning Xi is at self preservation. She didn't use that makeup meant to make her face swell up, and scanned her outfit for pins and thumbtacks.

11. IamMeowChie

IamMeowChie 『Gone to secluded place』 『Master Nef's Pet Kitty』

Reading List:
    Link
    XD ROFL
    when some NX came to the airport to pick up JM because of blackmail. She dressed herself up as an old lady to save her ass from the crowd of fans.

12. lalalyly

lalalyly Digging translating pits and jumping into them.

Reading List:
    Link
    Push the seat all the way back and lean it all the way down. Then have her lay on top.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember correctly, they were specifically stated to be next to each other. I think her reaction would have been even stronger if she'd woken up on top of him.

14. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    She would have been horrified haha~ luckily the plot armour is thick in this novel~ they can magically fit into one car seat comfortably.

15. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    1P reference?

16. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Timebun just did a five chapter release! :)

timebun likes this.
  17. Slaggedfire

Slaggedfire Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As an avid gamer I find the authors mentioning of "video games" and "gaming system" and "stage clear" to be highly questionable. If you're going to include something in your story at least do it a little justice...unless of course the story takes places during the bit wars era.

18. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This place is way too dead. >_> people have eyes, but can't see mt. tai. Anyways, Lu Tianxiao keeps his door unlocked huh...Hoping for some yobai, huh :p

SeiraJLoyard likes this.
  19. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just looked up what yobai was...

"Yobai (夜這い?, "Night crawling") is an ancient Japanese custom that was usually practiced by young unmarried men and women. It was once common all over Japan and was practiced in some rural areas until the beginning of the Meiji period and even into the 20th century.

At night, young unmarried men would silently enter houses with young unmarried women. A man would silently crawl into a woman's room and make his intentions known. If the woman consented, they would sleep together. By the morning he would leave. The girl's family might know about it, but pretended they did not. It was common for young people to find a husband/wife like this.

According to ethnologist Akamatsu Keisuke, the practice varied from place to place. In some places any post-puberty woman, married or unmarried, could be visited by any post-puberty man, married or unmarried, from the village and even by men from other villages and travellers. In some places, only married women and widows could be visited, while single girls could not. And there were variations; for example, the "closed type" yobai was a custom in which only men from the same village had the right of visitation."

What the fuuu.... Damn if I was a guy at that time, I would hit up all the mansions, find myself a rich young lady to leech off of, and devote my life to reading novels instead of finding a job.

20. SeiraJLoyard

SeiraJLoyard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea, but that rich young lady first needs to consent ^-<