LCD History’s Strongest Senior Brother

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gauthamc, May 31, 2016.

1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I think too. I was bit irritated listening to all the people complaining about the Time Traveling thunder guy when his targeting the MC was common sense.

2. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mm. Even when he was already beginning to go crazy, his attempt to get revenge on Yan Zhaoge at the Extreme Northern Lands still fell within what was rational for anyone to do. It was only with the invasion at the East Sea did he go completely off the rocker and did unforgivably terrible things.

Right now, with the Sacred Sun Clan, although they're pretty horrible, their actions are still rather rational. Each sect, after all, always works with their sect's interests as the foremost priority. They've essentially got invincibility and were never in danger of having their sect destroyed; by the Evil Devils, the Fire Devils, or by any of the other Sacred Grounds. It's really ruthless, but they stand to gain a lot as a sect by collaborating with higher powers (who should all be in the Martial Saint realm).

3. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Even then having lived through the event once it's reasonable that the event would be pushed back. I believe Broad Creed Mountain and Jade Sea had already been destroyed in his original time line so there side has two more martial saints. SSC lost their ruler but Jade Sea got an artifact so overall their world had more firepower. Thus him thinking that YZ is the larger threat and attacking him is still within reason to me.

4. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe Lin Zhou actually even helped the Fire Devils' plans and stimulated the fire pith veins? That's pretty much what I remember he last did. He was actively helping the enemy just to kill Yan Zhaoge when he could have just achieved something great instead and earned more acclaim from his clan and everyone. It's part of Yan Zhaoge's scoldings at the end when he finally killed Lin Zhou, I think.

5. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going off of memory but I don't think he stimulated the fire pith veins. Just followed the safe path they had and then set up that ambush. YZ's scolding was basically nonsense to me. He was basically saying that after warning the world that one time he turned used all of his knowledge on small matters(killing YZ and increasing the power of his sect) where he should be winning acclaim for himself and his sect(as if that would stop YZ from massacring them).

6. heroeric

heroeric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yan Zhaoge hasn't actively done much against the Heavenly Thunder Hall. The only time he actively did something that screwed them over was when he convinced Infinite Boundless Mountain to attack them. Everything else was in reaction for Heavenly Thunder Hall attacking him first.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  7. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Body refinement and martial scholar realms

8. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, yes, that's right. Double-checked it myself just now, and Lin Zhou was just pretending that he suddenly understood that the Fire Devils had done something to the fire pith veins and sent someone else off to inform the sect of the matter.

I don't understand what you mean by nonsense, though?

9. leva

leva Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda get what the SSC dudes are getting at this chapter but still :facepalm: that's the formation that YZ revived and gave to his father, and they all know he's probably the most proficient expert on formations at this point, and still trying to pull something with nearly all the Saints there and thus risking enmity with all the Sacred Grounds... sighs

10. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They just must be desperate. As far as he knows, BCM has 2 Martial Saints now; Yan Di alone is stronger than him, but he can't even overcome Yuan Zhengfeng in the Clear Qi Robe. Even if Shen Li teamed up with him, Yan Di alone could easily take down the two of them, especially after he's consolidated his strength.

Thus, he saw a chance and he took it. Otherwise, only destruction was lying in wait for the SSC, given that the Nine Underworlds problem should be dormant for now (though he doesn't know that the seal has been reapplied, Yan Zhaoge arriving there should tip him off that the problem has been neutralized) and the Fire Devils are soon to follow suit. With no other external problems to force a truce, BCM would be able to overwhelm them. Even taking into account their grand formation, they'd probably believe that Yan Zhaoge would be able to think up of a way to take care of it too, like they did with BCM back when Xin Dongping led that uprising.

Viola likes this.
  11. Ananya

Ananya Top lvl Gokiburi Buster

Reading List:
    Link
    What kind of power will young master of Sacred sun clan have? I mean we have already seen a super lucky idiot, reincarnated idiot, and time travelled idiot.

12. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Might not even be an MC-type character. Anyway, just the previous chapter, Huang Jie created those lamps from his own essence blood and the lamp seems to open up some sort of dimensional pathway. That's all we know so far.

13. shin chan

shin chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone help me
    I lost track of the chapter I was at last I read was they where attacked by flame devil's so yan zhaoge and team got to fight where they help another sect whose ancestor is in closed door training

14. Ananya

Reading List:
    Link
    Author gave so much build-up to his character, he's most probably the next MC trait idiot.

15. Ananya

Reading List:
    Link
    U mean the other sect's master is crafting a sacred artifact? It's in early 400s.

16. shin chan

shin chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you

17. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't really matter. He's been planning to wipe them out for a while now. That he doesn't have the time or ability yet just means that they're on the clock. Trying to kill him now is perfectly reasonable. He's pretty much as much of a threat to them as the Fire Devils or True Devils.
    I consider it nonsense because it's basically "I know I'm going to eradicate you and your sect in the future but you should focus on the big picture."

18. leva

leva Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if he can solidify his position (and getting the obscure drop items) by assisting against the very immediate threat of the devils, Zhaoge won't be able to eliminate him as he likes. Maybe. Possibly.
    He did get rather reckless with each bout against Zhaoge, though, so I guess it's a long time frustration piling up. Then again, nobody's stopping him from performing better according to the bigger picture and kill off Zhaoge in the chaos, instead of risking destruction and try to kill Zhaoge in the chaos.

19. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    On another note their world clearly has some flame devil spies around. This situation wouldn't have happened if they get rid of that weakness. Can't they set up some sort of formation to block information from passing into the flame devil world?

Once the immediate threats are over and YZ and his father power up there's nothing in the world that could stop them regardless unless literally all of the sects in the world decided to band together to stop them(highly unlikely). Even then they might be able to beat the combined might of all of the other Marital Saints on the planet.

If he warns the world of the attack beforehand then there won't be much of any chaos to take advantage of.

20. heroeric

heroeric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the problems with what your saying though is that Lin Zhou never attack Yan Zhaoge due to him being a threat to his clan. Instead it was because he was worried that Yan Zhaoge would make his future knowledge less useful and reliable since he was acting very different then how he acted in the original timeline or later because he wanted to avenge his father.

There is also no indication that Lin Zhou was aware of the fact that Yan Di would become so powerful or that he suspected that Broad Creed Mountain would become powerful enough to destroy the Heavenly Thunder Hall.