How To Promote Your Web Serial or Writing

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by ClearMadness, Oct 4, 2016.

1. SorakaNii

SorakaNii 『Trash Carnivore』『NEET』

Reading List:
    Link
    My, thank you~ I'll restart this year. I don't think I'm an author so I'll be heeding to your advice. Because I will be changing the plot quite a bit, I still need to start new.

Princess Renesmee likes this.
  2. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you gimme a link to your story page? I really wanna have a look, you are one of my fav reviewers.

Damyabo likes this.
  3. Judgecutioner

Judgecutioner [Supreme Noodly God][Created 69^69 universes][Dom]

Reading List:
    Link
    Before I stopped writing, I created this as front page for my RRL fiction and people were giving me five stars just because of it... Had four stars due to that. So my advice is - be crazy. People love some crazy.
    [​IMG]

4. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen one novel that I loved on rrl, it was called 'live fast, die young and leave a beautiful corpse'. I liked it for the perverted content and it was well written, really. And I thought, it would be the only non-professional thing I would ever read, I didn't read any here on nuf I think.

Well, just my thoughts, but I think, if something is really good, people will love it anyway :p

Damyabo likes this.
  5. TheJackWrite

TheJackWrite Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    <3 I came from royalroad ^^ and I really agree to what you have said. since I can't post a link, I can only give the title> Practically, I am weak because I am a weed.
    If you just search I am a weed, mine will appear. :3

6. TheBourneConfused

TheBourneConfused Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question ... let's say you have posted a story in royalroad or any web publisher sites, then you gained readers and stuffs, the story got popular. So, I wonder how your story will get featured here in novelupdates.com, can someone who knew how a webnovel can be posted here in NU? Does a group of admin in NU chooses popular stories from some site and featured it here? Or was it only decided by a sole admin what story should be posted here on NU? I don't know the process and how it really works, so anyone who does, please reply. Thanks and good day to you sir/ma'am. :)

7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    The only stories that are allowed to be posted on NU are asian novels wrote in asian languages and translated to English. Anything else is forbidden.

There are plans for original English novels to be added to NU, but that's not the current situation, and there is no ETA to when the original English ones will be added.

Einon likes this.
  8. TheBourneConfused

TheBourneConfused Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, got it.
    Please, can I ask another question, btw I apologize for being a total noob here, so ... Is a secret admin of NU the one who chooses what asian stories he/she will post here on this site? Does the process or system here like that? Or am I wrong?
    Thank you for patiently responding.

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    No, Tony does not chooses what enters NU at all.

Any user can add any novel that they find that is being translated to NU, you just need to go to your Profile, and click on the Add Series button to add it. If the translator's group is not registered yet, you need to click the Add Group button before you can add the series.

For further information, check this thread: http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/how-does-novel-updates-work.21477/

10. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you find these threads so quickly....I can never find the thread I want when I need them...teach me your ways senpai

Lithit likes this.
  11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Search function? I just searched for "Novel Updates", ticked the "Search Titles Only" option and wrote that it was "Posted by Tony".

I think there were less than 10 threads as results... So it was pretty easy to find the right one.

Damyabo likes this.
  12. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never know the name of the thread properly or the op to search for it....it's a sad story really. The search function is useless for me.

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh... I know the name of most useful threads of this forum, so I can find them without that much work... You can still find them without knowing the name though, but you'll need to remember a relevant part of the information on the thread to search for.

It's harder without the name for sure... In any case, let's stop hijacking this, don't wanna clutter this thread.

Damyabo and Linbe like this.
  14. Reya Dawnbringer

Reya Dawnbringer Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The info you shared in this thread proved to be most useful!

Thank you!

15. eikichi

eikichi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The information I needed, by my favorite author on RRL? Feels like X-mas.

16. Mavericksserial

Mavericksserial Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What subreddits do y'all recommend? I can't find many that aren't writers guilds or have low traffic.

17. ClearMadness

ClearMadness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most the good ones are genre specific, such as r/HFY.

gaulby and Mavericksserial like this.
  18. ApprenticeOfGames

ApprenticeOfGames That sneaky lil sucker who pickpocketed you

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like i am really bad at coming up with good titles. My story has a strange generic title and so do my chapters, though they do suit the chapter's content in my opinion. Also posted when i didn't have any stockpiled chapters which didn't help on the royalroadl or NUF side. I write for fun but doesn't every writer want their stories read by people even when they have just started out... I also sometimes feel that my story has some really weird elements to it and that most who read it will be put off at the start. Maybe i am just being pessimistic though...

19. You Soar Shine

You Soar Shine Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If we had a super rich daddy, who was willing to put commercials on super bowl for us, we wouldn't have so many trouble in promoting our works haha;D

ScholarlyAF and Wujigege like this.
  20. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know the best 10/10 ways to promote your webnovel!
    1. Promote your webnovel to the point where your advertisement is everywhere, remember, the more people who hate on you the better. Free publicity AmiRite?
    2. Remember that when promoting your webnovel, to always misspell everything, because that indicates that your work is just amazing!
    3. Never listen to any of that criticism! There are just some Debbie downers who want to turn your Hollywood grade webnovel into the trash!
    69. Always listen to me, a random internet man than say an author like OP. There's a saying that you should listen to people who have failed, not people who already succeeded. Plus, I have a graph I pulled from somewhere that shows the more popular the author, the more likely they have never admitted that they were not hitler! so by listening to them, you are listening to hitler!

Lithit likes this.