LCD I am the Monarch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by honglath, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've forgotten some of the details. Mind refreshing my memory? Who's Brian Miles and what's this about the hidden financial genius? Did Roan hear of such a person from his previous life?

Luffy1996 likes this.
  2. Nykooo

Nykooo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem, Brian Miles is the swordsman that he recruited from the Academy, in the previous life he was advertise as the next genius but ended up not living up to the expectation and after meeting Pierce he killed himself at the age of 28 because his sword arts were not progressing since his 2nd year in the Academy. Roan fought with him when visiting the Academy and beat him, but while fighting Roan, Brian felt that he could progress and learn more. He asked to go with Roan even before graduating and the other students insisted that he does as well as the principal to save his life. Roan mentionned to Brian that he believes that him being stuck is because of the type of mana he's using as it would be irregular during their duel.

Roan mentionned four genius that changed the world in his previous life. First Pierce, the Spear God that was his friend and ended up as a Duke. Second Ian Phillips, the strategic genius that changed how war are fought thanks to him obtaining information no one else did. Third, the Mad Monarch, Prince Simon Rinse, who became king but was overthrone by incompetant sibling. He revolted and many citizens died because of him.

The last of the four genius was "Goldmaster Sale" who controlled up to 70% of the economy of the Rinse kingdom, while remaining anonymous as nobody knew who that person was. Thanks to Margaret, the Nanny of Princess Aily, we can have reasons to believe the Shadow Princess was indeed that genius. In chapter 87 Roan plans on utilising Goldmaster Sale house renting business to expand the Tale region, by building and renting better houses to the residents instead of having poor houses that would collapse. In chapter 108, the nanny asked the princess if she said anything strange to Roan :

We know almost nothing of Goldmaster Sale, we also know almost nothing about the Shadow Princess. We know that Goldmaster Sale made a fortune with differents investments among them something that was not seen before, house leasing. Thanks to Margaret, we also know that Princess Aily considered such investments as well as rail transportation and Seil trading. Enough to suspect that they may be one and the same.

3. Enken

Enken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the ppl who are interested in spoilers join the discord of kobatochan (link on the website) ; there's some high spoiler shared by CSV the TL'er , but keep it mind there's some heavy spoiler that are shared sometimes.

4. Yabu

Yabu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can anyone tell me what's the deal with this novel cover. it's just, confusing ._.

5. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Two spears, a shield. Then another shield at the top and the normal Sci Fi stuff at bottom right (that doesn't belong at all).

Yabu likes this.
  6. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't see any of that, lol.

7. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looked up a higher resolution of the image and realised I was wrong. Classical time theme background. Person with spear in foreground. Bottom right might symbolise the person jumping out of another time piece?

[​IMG]

8. thedorkishguy

thedorkishguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Latest chapter hype! I just want to see the faces of the other two when they find out Roan has already taken out the castle...

Luffy1996 likes this.
  9. Black Frost

Black Frost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All aboard the hype train!! Man, we're starting to see some brilliant tactics that have never before been observed in the Kingdom, I wonder how everyone will react.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  10. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone get the feeling Roan just jinxed it?

Luffy1996 and Black Frost like this.
  11. Black Frost

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely, I feel like Austin just got his death flag.

12. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Dammit Roan! Btw Byron is the kingdom with the fox adjudant?

13. Black Frost

Reading List:
    Link
    Nvm. No death flags, just a nice little hint to the battle plans Roan had in store. I wonder if we'll see the other nobles try to betray him in order to get Elton's head.

14. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Seconded, but i doubt the 2 would do that, not out of honor but out of cowardice. They are as useless as it is.

15. ultragunner

ultragunner Self-taught Mage

Reading List:
    Link
    They also have to worry about Roans control of all the surrounding territories that they have to go through if they want to get back. Maybe even wonder how he magiked his way to the barony and if he has some other tricks left behind.

Hope they do the smart thing.

16. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I sincerely doubt it, they are pretty much running on inferior streak.

17. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I guess Roan, and by extension Simon are about to steamroll the competition. Also, I'm going to assume that the Tale troop met and decisively defeated the Bale Kingdom troops? Cause if that wasn't the case, I'm curious as to how they managed to put on and masquerade as them.

18. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the previous chapter before the current one had Roan arriving to the scene of a battlefield. That definitely isn't the one here since no one was fighting before he arrived. That was probably the duty Austin was assigned; to intercept and defeat the reinforcements, then steal their banners to masquerade as them.

19. Black Frost

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm actually quite impressed with the caliber of the elites of the nobility in comparison to the pompous and arrogance of the majority. Saw they were outmatched and recognize their error in underestimating their opponent. Very admirable. Moving on, WOOOOO!!, a clean sweep of the territory and elimination of the rebels. Great job boys. Very excited to see what happens to the territory once its returned to the kingdom as well as how the aristocrats will respond to the news of Roan's overwhelming victory.

20. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, to be fair, it was also acknowledged by Roan that the world has a lot of capable men, hence why it would eventually lead to the Warring States Era. If all of them were incompetent or arrogant fools, there's no way such a thing would be possible.