LCD I am the Monarch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by honglath, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes corner someone like an animal so that the only option is to lash out. Also go fight him with around the same forces instead of an overwhelming advantage.

Prince I think it's time for you to do like your father and party with your wives, leave the thinking to the big boys.

2. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Your Favourite Family Disappointment

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally think that the Prince is not an idiot because he's a former mad king, wasn't he?

But I still have yet to figure out his character because at one point it feels like he's rational/logical but at the same time he's reckless/hot-headed which confused me

3. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when roan met the 1rst prince he said that simon become mad because the others brothers are incompetent yet still obtain the throne, or maybe there are others cause like poison to make 1rst prince go mad

4. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Your Favourite Family Disappointment

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I mean if he's not competent he won't even throw the kingdom to disarray

5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    causing mass chaos by sheer force doesnt necessarily indicate competency...if he was truly competent he would have organized a rebellion and reclaimed the throne

6. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c1: That level of information doesn't seem like it would be nearly enough to make him a monarch. If he altered the outcome of a single major or key battle, or a series of lesser battles, then the nature, location and existence of all subsequent battles would change. Without the necessary skills to adapt to that change, he could not benefit from it. Given his status at time of death, there's no reason to believe that he has those skills.

c3: the Rose Troop deserved to get wiped out if that's their policy on scouting. They most likely served as a valuable lesson to future generations to never disregard such a vital task.

c5: What a convoluted and idiotic way to say "The villages will be massacred." If he'd misjudged his audience even a little (extremely likely), then his advice would have been ignored and he would have been beaten for insubordination, and more importantly, all those people would have died due to his failed attempt to sound smart :/

c6: It would seem that he's just found someone he absolutely needs to befriend ;)

c9: For someone who cares so much about face, Dosan doesn't seem to have much awareness of how its gained or loss. Once word spreads that he punished Roan for saving absolutely everyone in the troop, the commander included, there won't be anyone left that respects him at all.

c10: Are the barracks tents? If so, why not call them tents? I thought barracks were a more permanent structure.

c17: the infantry charged after the cavalry, how did they arrive at the battlefield at the same time?

c20: It would seem that someone isn't being subtle enough ;)

c21: This is what happens when you're too successful.

I wonder why it didn't say anything about him filling the 4 vacancies in his squad.

c22: Why would they divide their forces and charge in two directions at the same time? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to all charge at the same group of ogres?

c27: How did the three troops cross safely when, of the two groups that were closer to the river than them, only one managed to make it across in time? Isn't that physically impossible? Especially when they started running so much later and had to fight their way through more than a thousand enemies after reorienting themselves? Does this author even really think about the things that he writes before he writes them?

c29: I was beginning to think that the author had forgotten about him.

I think I would have chosen something more subtle, like a drinking game involving archery.

c31: I half expected them to make him a Baron or something

c34: lol, yes, it is a truly unreliable name. Its no surprise he's not excited ;)

c37: Why would the book have her real name in it? I would have expected something like "short description, approximate age , value" or whatever. Its not like they'll remember who she is based on her name.

c41: They could just litter the ground with tro. Unless those don't exist in this world? If so, they could hammer long nails into thin boards and hide them in the grass, nails up. Much easier to clean up afterward too.

c43: Why weren't they using archers? Killing Violin with an archer would have been childishly easy under those circumstances.

c44: I'm not sure if it was the translation or the writing, but this battle made no sense to me.

c45: How does he have time to pick up the head? Why isn't Violin crazily attacking him? She doesn't exactly have a lot of time.

c46: " After this battle ends, let’s have a proper squad meal. " Well, he was basically asking for it then.

c47: I wonder if three introductions is enough for them or if he should do it again ;)

c48: It feels like he's a translator telling people he's going on hiatus ;)

c54: Well, hopefully there wasn't anything from the king in there ;)

c56: A single thrown spear would not shock the whole battlefield into stillness :/

c65: Why not contact Io, either directly or through Mary's boyfriend? I don't believe that Io would ignore these reports. At the very least, he'd hire an info guild to confirm them.

c68: How do you survive having an arrow shot through your eye?

c70: We hear a lot about the rewards he receives for his meritorious conduct, but none of that ever seems to flow down to his subordinates. Most of the glory he's acquiring belongs to Chris, and yet, there's no mention of Chris, or his people being rewarded for it.

c71: Wouldn't watching him burn to death be more satisfying that killing him quickly with an arrow or a sword?

Also, why isn't anyone else that knows how to use mana stepping forward? Aaron is there right? At the absolute bare minimum, he knows how to use it.

c72: Since when did they have shields? There's been plenty of mention of spears, bows, swords and armor, but never shields.

It didn't sound like Harrison was heavily injured, so why didn't he deal with the enraged knight while he was distracted by the shield formation? Also, after Roan's allies moved on without him, why didn't the enemy archers fill him with arrows? There's a reason why archers are so valuable. There's no need for the MC to be the only one that kills strong people, nor is there any reason for him to survive if he insists on doing so in sub-optimal situations in spite of others being better suited to the task.

c75: Again, why didn't he use Harrison? Harrison could have taken out that core without being noticed or creating any awkward questions. Even if he had to fire 2-3 times, he would still have managed it quickly and quietly. Is the MC so addicted to fame that he's stopped caring about attracting the greedy eyes of powerful people who would happily torture and kill him for his secrets? So obsessed that he'd throw away his and his allies' best chance at a true surprise attack, thus drastically increasing their own casualties? Whatever happened to "save just one more life"? Or was that just dog farts?

c77: How did 40 troops become 500? Its not like Benjamin would let him take any of his own troops. Honestly, I'm already surprised that he didn't try to stop Roan from leaving.

c80: Why would he do something as stupid as openly defying Doyle if he had already realized that he didn't need to follow the order in the first place? Did the Overflow melt large chunks of his brain or something? Is he no longer capable of intelligent thought?

c81: He has the spear in one hand and Doyle in the other, where is this third hand he's using to punch him coming from? Did he grow it during the Overflow and the author just forgot to mention it? He certainly didn't let go of the throat or the spear (even though the author mentions Doyle trying to dodge) since the author mentions the fact that Roan is still holding both things multiple times, before and after the punching.

How would most of that "damning evidence" have even been a secret? Why would you need a special intelligence agency to find it out or report it? Aaron, or any of the other commanders for that matter, would have been perfectly capable of reporting these things to Io. Pens et al. were completely unnecessary for this endeavor.The author needs to stop acting like everyone who isn't Roan, or following Roan's instructions, is a brain dead moron.

c82: Why are they acting like they have a choice in following Roan? Didn't Io already order them to follow Roan into exile? Also, wasn't part of his punishment supposed to be a demotion? If so, why is he getting promoted instead?

c85: I found myself skimming the vast majority of this chapter and realized: I just don't care anymore. There's really no point in continuing.

7. Reasonable Guy

Reasonable Guy ❄Highschool Memories❄ ❄Boy of Zeta❄

Reading List:
    Link
    MC will get another land. I bet it is.
    There is still no romance development. I want he to approach that girl. :(

Ran ahzu likes this.
  8. Black Frost

Black Frost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So is this novel still running? I sincerely hope that the TLer is just busy getting back to school and not dead in a ditch somewhere.

9. Miss Ruby

Miss Ruby 『Candy Floss』『Black Blood』 『❄️Ice Princess❄️』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm hoping the tl is still writing, i doubt he/she's dead

10. Sawcrot

Sawcrot 『Elk God』

Reading List:
    Link
    Kobatochan said that the translator is busy so it’ll take some time but idk..

11. Zhen

Zhen ~[Badass Butler from hell]~

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm like Ryuk from Death Note when he doesn't get his apples in this long absence of update.

Hiji, Ursula, I Eat Monsanto and 4 others like this.
  12. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And like that i's back, hopefully it gains some speed not too much but a couple of chapters per week would be amazing.

13. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    None of the above.

Be careful what you wish for.

14. phk

phk 『Lost Soul』『Master Of The Fine Arts』

Reading List:
    Link
    i feel like simon will go crazy then he will be stopped by roan and gain the support of that duke that is neutral

15. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    Might have the real first love interest incoming during the party. There was that sister of... I can't remember who, but now that he's a Baron and will undoubtedly gain more status he'll need a woman with pedigree to go with himself.

16. Adastria Lillith

Adastria Lillith [Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus]

Reading List:
    Link
    so then, the history will repeat itself? ummm~ the mad king (or monarch or whatsoever his title was) in the end will become the mad king? i think it is very likely... this neutral Duke, was he the one who made Roan's best friend became Duke in the past? (this also i forgot) but i think in the end Roan will enter the competition to inherit the crown, and when he finally became monarch, his best friend will become the Duke?

17. emojest17

emojest17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and if the the mad monarch became the king and he doesnt change his way roan will usurped the throne and became a king.

18. Tortex

Tortex [Lazy Tortoise that Dreams to be a Dragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends, it's probable that in the past Simon went mad fast due to this subjugation going to crap, what with the spies and unpredictable attacks. Now, he still has hope for the throne and reigned himself in, if the duke gets the elixir to fix him in time it's going to be ok.

19. Megabadman16

Megabadman16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We finally get a chapter after a month, but then it dissappears for another week. Hoping for some consistency.

20. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, emotional attachments are always tricky. They can be quite fulfilling but can also lead to one's own doom.