I'm an idiot

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Shizaki, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Shizaki

Shizaki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's night now, so I'll go to the tech support the next day and ask for advice.

2. Vex

Vex Eat-Sleep-Repeat

Reading List:
    Link
    (y)

3. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just to add that after the 1 month of free trail , you can still keep it , but you have to run manually you only lose real time protection but cam still work fully , i install it on all my pc's i sell , also you can install Glary Utilities 5 tool as has 1 button clean up and also advanced tool to fix pc errors
    also for passwords etc use KeePass 2 as it using 256 min encryption for its data base this is also free and has match apps for android and iphone apps so if you keep the database in dropbox for free ( at the sec it doesn't work fully with onedrive as it has a known problem from microsoft's side|) you can have your passwords at hand it also autos the passwords and usernames in your web browser and after 12 sec's it auto cleans the passwords etc for your pc's clipboard

and the best place to get all of the above software and other stuff is from Ninite.com ( no www.needed) as the site is for it techies and makes a auto reusable exe installer that also stops auto updaters being installed / 3rd party rubbish that can be reused every week to keep the pc up to date it's also does lots of other important stuff like java/ shockwave / cc+ note / steam and much much more and its all free but you can buy full versions

all of the above info i've put ,in here can be fully googled as what i've said will be backed up ...also a very good site is http://www.majorgeeks.com/ and it's forums but do read up before using the tools and also check tube as their are videos explaining how too etc

as for me i've run and owned a pc repair company for over 12 yrs but for last 6 months i've had to close it due to a neck op and i'm in middle of recovery that's only reason i've not add my company's website info as not reopening for about 2-3 more months until i'm off my med's and finished physio , only good thing is that it's given me loads of time to read LN's or i'd be dead from boredom

also once again please google the info i've placed in this post as it will 100% back up what i've written in the post so you can feel safe

ps also if anyone needs a great vpn service please use this link to torguard i've used them for myself for over 4yrs and on my 40/10mb fiber i get no speed caps and it has 1200+ outpoints in the world and keeps no log's etc you can also bypass geoblocking and depending on which service you use the packages can be used on phones and tablets etc the below is my aff link as i get a few cents if someone signs up https://torguard.net/aff.php?aff=811 its also very cheap and the etch help is great

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Dupe2718 and udonsage like this.
  4. Shizaki

Shizaki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They told me at the tech support to smash everything into pieces (format). I'm no genius when it comes to this, but I've downloaded windows 10 on a empty USB (according to microsoft support) and currently format my secondary harddrive (no OS on that one) as I can't really format my primary drive this way.
    I'm supposed to format the primary one as well but the recovery option on my computer doesn't really work and always shows an error saying that nothing has changed.
    Does it automatically format the harddrives if you reinstall windows? Like if it's an option you can do when on the setup?

5. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not automatically, but if you choose to install the new Win10 on an existing partition (especially if there's an existing OS on that partition), then it will give you the option to format the partition. Otherwise, if you choose not to format, then it will attempt to install while keeping files from the old OS intact.

Also, as a future reference, Windows licenses DO NOT expire, with the exception of trial licenses. But you get trial licenses for free, as they;re meant for those interested to try out the new Windows. I did this myself back when Win8 just came out. Downloaded a Win8 ISO on trial, installed it on a VM, and tried it out - for several months, nearly a year.

So if your license is really expired, chances are you have a pirated version. Or, maybe it's not really expired, and you're just being misled by the scammers.

VOLX98 likes this.
  6. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, one thing to know there's no way microsoft would contact you for shit like that.
    They wouldn't be able to know nor would they care ,even if they somehow have that much spare time, even if your computer had fucking AIDS or whatever.
    If they could see your personal shit, they have overstepped their boundaries anyways
    You don't even contact them if you a virus, they aren't in charge of clearing virus nor would they care, you or whoever you find to help do it for you does it.
    How did that not get through to you?
    Well, word of advice is just to learn from this and think carefully before trusting ANY strangers.

VOLX98 likes this.
  7. PinoyReader

PinoyReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats why you shouldnt trust strangers. Didnt your parents tell you that you should not talk to strangers? I recommend changing your passwords.

8. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn dude... If you figured out that they were scammers you should have trolled them the second time they called

Ai chan and VOLX98 like this.
  9. Dupe2718

Dupe2718 Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is the most helpful reply right here.

I'm not a hacker, but if I had access to your system I could run a few batch scripts to download all passwords from where they are saved locally on your machine; I'm not sure the worst damage a real hacker could do.

10. noisypixy

noisypixy Sacatunn que pen, que summum que tun.

Reading List:
    Link
    Natural selection at its finest.

11. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CLSIDs aren't unique, almost everyone have the same ones.

Wait, they knew your license key? Now that's weird.

12. ansatsuken

ansatsuken Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow , there is still people falling in this kind of things..

13. shellycu

shellycu New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry to hear that. Be cautious when surfing the Internet and don't be fooled by such online scammers anymore. It's necessary to security tools on the PC or phone.

14. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Always be cautious, no matter what. Luckily it didn't turn into anything worse due to your friend. I suggest next time you be careful when this happens again.

15. moevora

moevora [Ero Peach]

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, microsoft they say.. and when you're using a pirated one..

16. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    It's still better than "Microsoft" calling you, when you're running Linux xD

Ai chan likes this.
  17. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what people always got wrong. When you receive a telephone call from Microsoft, you should ask for their personal number and their names first. Only after you get both, you should tell them to call from their personal number. Once they did, you should ask them for a date.

VOLX98 likes this.
  18. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As expected from Ai-chan, always on the prowl for a new prey. (y)