Discussion I'm really a superstar

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Licht, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Licht

Licht Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so ummm... i'm from Japan and i love reading Chinese novels and my latest novel is "i'm really a superstar" and i really loved this novel at the beginning but lately it became kind of you know "NATIONALISTIC" And here's the thing i wanted to discuss with my friends with same interest: do you think being nationalistic is hating one another just because you're from different countries? In my opinion being nationalistic is let others know how your country is good and your people are above others in a good way. So i want to know what is your opinion of it?

imsodone, Linbe, Reaper1710 and 5 others like this.
  2. Rapture244

Rapture244 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm tired of politics

3. vrooave

vrooave "act too close to people" they said.

Reading List:
    Link
    in my honest opinion it's just pure racist. it's enjoyable read except on the arc where his "Nationalistic" trait comes out. being nationalistic doesn't make you racist. it just shows how much you love your country. well, that's my opinion :)

imsodone, Linbe, ChronaZero and 5 others like this.
  4. elairz

elairz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    actually i find it pretty silly as well. it not like china a goodie two shoe either.

ChronaZero likes this.
  5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    IMO nationalistic to point hating other cuz from different country is idiot~ what it's called again? ultranationalist?
    for me nationalist is love your country in hmm reasonable range~
    19637.png well there exist that kind of people everywhere

6. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    That's no longer nationalistic lol, it's called racist.

ChronaZero, Haevrus and asriu like this.
  7. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    be ready if you read novel from other country because this kind of thing is normal

ChronaZero likes this.
  8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yeah that's the term

Jaynne likes this.
  9. Hakimfikri

Hakimfikri Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    Or bigotry... :cautious:

11. Kaizoku_kc

Kaizoku_kc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you love your country or your people, do it. why bother with anything else. nationalist or whatever it all feels stupid to me

12. StormHawk

StormHawk I’m Back To Drop Bombs

Reading List:
    Link
    Typical Chinese mindset. Jealous/look down on Korean. Hate Japanese. And think their neighbor countries belong to them. They like to be on top. It's hard to find a novel where the MC play as 'support' role.

Beel, ChronaZero and Tebix like this.
  13. H0RR1BL3CPU

H0RR1BL3CPU [Hotline to Shiroyukineko] [白酒鬼]

Reading List:
    Link
    All I'm gonna say here is China Korea and Japan have a relationship that can be described in 2 simple ways both of which negative. If put nicely,"complicated or hostile" the other way is," this bad blood shall last till the other two die completely." It's pretty much a larger version of the 3 kingdoms period. And when you throw in the west, you get global politics. Now if you bothered to look at history of all 3 countries before insulting China, you'll see that everyone is at fault. Including America and Europe. Oh and if all Chinese were like what you said, it'd be much much scarier than Isis would ever become considering the global population of the Chinese ethnicity

asriu, LPdC_Nazgul and ChronaZero like this.
  14. Keima-kun

Keima-kun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped IRAS when the novel reached the Maths arc. I feel like, the way the author saying how the China is the best while at the same time making a fool of other's country is too racist. It's fine being proud of own's country but to say that certain country, certain race is inferior is too unbearable. For example, the korean, American etc. I mean, what age are we living in? To segregate people like that.
    And i read sowhere that the author received an award for being nationalist or something. Thought maybe that influenced the author too.

Although, i won't actually drop a novel merely for being nationalistic. Merely, the repetitiveness and the plot armour bored me to death.

Tebix likes this.
  15. Ranz

Ranz 『Legend Death』『Necromancer』『Pokemon Master』

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh it's just Zhang Ye hating and looking down on people from other nations in the name of 'Nationalism'. Ignore all of this bs and just enjoy the face-slapping, the astounded looks of others when ZY does something and the lottery system. That's why I read this novel.

If you feel that the racism is going overboard, just drop it...

16. Kaizoku_kc

Reading List:
    Link
    there is a saying in my country" you cant clap with one hand". plus china is a big country and with more than billion people, and with wide range of diversification. so much that one can never know all of it in a lifetime. so i think its your prejudice speaking

LPdC_Nazgul likes this.
  17. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens in the novel stays in the novel. I read it if it's enjoyable no matter how fucked up the story is. and gonna drop as soon as it's become unenjoyable.
    IRAS has become less and less enjoyable for me but not to the point of dropping it yet.

18. Kaizoku_kc

Reading List:
    Link
    i have a question for everybody, why the fuck is everyone taking this shit seriously? never take it more seriously than you would take a joke. thats all i have to say

ChronaZero likes this.
  19. enigmaniac

enigmaniac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think while it is annoying nationalistic/racist/chauvinistic it is only because the author needs some reason for ZY to scold large groups of people aka plot armor. It is getting incredibly old how the novel follows the same pattern over and over. Especially the "well scolded," part of every singly issue. Like really while we are reading this from ZY's perspective he will never be reading every single persons weibo account post, there are other ways the author could show opinion on ZY's exploits.

20. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    Err people are allowed to love their country. Also china has a long standing beef with japan over WW2