Interview with Duoluo Dalu author

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by 222222, Nov 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal 「ZA ROYAL ROASTER」「ZEE KOUHAI」

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh right, a dragon, of course he is a dragon. But hey, if he's a dragon then what are the other writers around the world? Are they carps, are they dragons? Are they monsters or trash? Can we ask the all mighty dragon about this? Can he look down on every other writer in the world and determine if they're dragons or carps in a single glance? His statements come to me as childish arrogance, that's all. It's like a brat braging about having the the best grades in his class to a top student in Harvard. If there's anything behind his statements besides an abnormaly elevated nose, then tell me about it because I can't seem so see it with my humble commoner vision. Also, number of characters written per day =/= good writting or even talent.

2. Kuronairo

Kuronairo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't deny that he is arrogant but do u maybe know a modest millionaire ? I don't , it'll probably enlightens me if u introduce me one. It's sure that they are not all arrogant like him but few are probably modest . And don' t take me wrong, I also don't like how he is arrogant.

And to come back to authors , well he said "as far as he knows" , just need to show him someone better than him , that's it.
    But it's the truth that he became a millionaire so tell me didn't he become a dragon ?

3. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He makes as much as Stephen King and George Martin. Yes, and plumbers makes nearly as much as doctors. Plumbers are no doubt skilled in their trade but their high income comes from people not wanting to have a plumbing occupation so people have little choice but to hire them.

I wonder if China would be able to write another great work.

4. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really know any modest millionaire because I don't care about them enough to note down the attitude and character of each one of them, but I can tell you that EVERY person with a brain and the objective of living in adult society needs to have at least some common sense and common sense states that "There's always a bigger fish than you out there in the vast vast sea". It strikes me as dangerous if someone is that oblivious to the world around him (The "as far as I know statement" confirms this "part" about his attitude too). Also, he is a dragon, I admit, but a pretty petty one nonetheless. Saying that he's the best as far as he knows pretty much closes himself in a little world (aka delusion) where he stays practically alone, denying to recognize that MAY be someone out there better than him. I don't know about you, but this kind of modus operandi seems outright dumb to me unless you want to lure people closer to you, just so they can see in high definition how much of a fool you can make of yourself while feigning self-implied density to not hurt your fragile ego.

5. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... I guess the Japanese authors don't tend to update 'daily'? :0

Japan does seem to have a somewhat different model:
    • China: a lot of initial chapters free, then subscription model. I think the published version is also the same as the online version? I'm not sure but, I think they're also more likely to adapt the content into MMORPGs.
    • Japan: all of the online version is free and pretty much considered as a first draft, it gets rewritten upon being published. After that, content is more likely to be adapted into manga and anime? (some games too, but not as many MMORPGs I think?)
    • South Korea definitely has a model closer to China's, though.
    Japan is actually somewhat late in terms of e-content, preferring to monetize printed media instead. It resisted a Hell of a long time to having manga published directly online for example, much to the annoyance of overseas readers who may otherwise have paid. South Korea is also ahead of Japan in terms of more heavily promoting online webtoons: Japan still hasn't made a major initiative to offer manga content online on an international scale like Line Webtoon has.

As for the author's attitude, eeeeeh I know people who don't make as much as him who also act like that (also know rich people who act super low-key). Besides, if you look around, it's hilarious the sort of opinions people have. I once read in a fashion magazine this fashion honcho saying that she looks down on people who don't care about fashion. I found that hilarious: I could understand science, politics, humanitarian causes... but fashion?

6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, the main complaint of people in this thread, is that he is cocky.

It's not a problem to feel proud of your accomplishments, but there is a limit to that, when you just start being cocky and annoying... This guy cleared passed this limit.

7. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Reading List:
    Link
    Essentially.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.