Discussion ISSTH has gotten boring

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by ninthlite, Feb 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Elion

Elion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Besides the echelon arc was amazing, you think Meng hao defeated the heaven guy in one punch?

2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    ISSTH has had several peaks and valleys, especially at some point after the alchemy arc and he went to the black lands & western desert or w/e it started to go downhill.

From then on it has been a lot of ups and downs, and like a dozen or so chapters ago ISSTH was a complete bore again. And oh yeah that 9th sea with the sea demons stuff & most of windswept realm or w/e were also pretty shitty for the most part imo.

That said it seems like a weird time to mention it now of all times, maybe some people just didn't notice it and kept riding on the previous high?

Either way there's usually enough "accelerations" in between the sucky parts so if you binge read you won't slow down enough for it to ever really get boring, unless you take a break at a bad point. Then it can be hard to pick up again.
    Eh imo echelon stuff was probably one of the worst arcs, except for Wang Lin's "slaughter" clone from the painting making a cameo from Renegade Immortal.

3. palaraya

palaraya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    300 chapter to the end.

From foreshadowing at first half of book and last hundred chapter, this last 300 chapter will have war, war and bigger war.

First mountain and sea war, mountain 7th vs 8th and mountain 6th vs 5th.

Then mountain and sea realm vs the outsider (33 heaven, God tribe / cultivator with power of God like Wang Lin or Wang Tengfei), (Two big power, Nine Sun hauling enormous stone statue 'Dao of Heaven', and Nine butterflies with huge landmass)

Chaotic War will coming...

Note:
    This is not Spoiler.
    You can read it at chapter 819

4. ninthlite

ninthlite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ?mind explaining?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  5. Neruz

Neruz sssSSSssss

Reading List:
    Link
    That wasn't a cameo; Wang Lin and the stuff he does in Xian Ni is actually genuinely important for the story of ISSTH.

6. noire125

noire125 Belongs Nowhere

Reading List:
    Link
    It's still a chinese novel so you should expect the same old thing from every other chinese novel you've ever read. Power-up -> beat enemy -> stronger enemy -> rinse and repeat

7. kylokram25

kylokram25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, its ending tho.

8. Robinhood1

Robinhood1 *The Mood breaker*

Reading List:
    Link
    What do u want me to explain?
    WL is not as important as u think,
    he was used as a mean to make MH more OP like his space time steps from slaughter clone, his cauldron which was given to MH(that lightning displacement one) and his slaughter clone detaining Heaven's Crown from killing MH

9. Neruz

Neruz sssSSSssss

Reading List:
    Link
    Multiple parts of the ISSTH story occur because of Wang Lin and the events of Xian Ni, both directly and indirectly. His direct descendants are even present multiple times in the story.
    Edit: Not to say he's pivotal or a central part of the story, but he's absolutely more than just a cameo.
    Su Ming from Beseech the Devil is arguably more important, given the idiots who think they're reviving him. And of course Bai Xaochun from A Will Eternal (Or ATTE as it used to be called) is also probably relevant to a similar degree.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  10. ninthlite

ninthlite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Having trouble what you mean by this "some of these are the ones saying same thing as OP said for other novels such as MGA etc." I dont think I ever defended MGA

11. Pretender

Pretender <{Vanquisher}> {(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻}

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, with the whole "perfection" thing that's clearly pointed all the story if you didn't expect him to become the strongest at some point there's something wrong with your head (no offense, lol).

And if we are talking about him "winning" in one move, not too long ago he fled a lot while being beaten (and there was comedy there, too), and if I remember correctly the soul of a friend is still incomplete or something? If your friend is dead and you are searching for a way to revive him that's not a so perfect win.

But yeah, we have the "feeling" that he will solve everything at some point, but what I'm really curious/worried now is to what will happen in this little the novel has left before ending (winning easily and no humor? Lol). I still have the sensation I don't know much about everything, about the 33 Hells and the ones sealed, the painting slaughter guy, what really are the outsiders, the league of demon sealers, more details about the meat jelly, the parrot and the paragons, who is the guy that helped him in surpassing the "perfection" and going to the "eternal" in the past (?? Perhaps I let something pass, don't remember if it was clarified).

#Lolololol~ the hype is real~ anxious~ Worried~ expectations~ Go go go~ Haha.

12. xtremed

xtremed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I droped after feng clan arc, actually in midway of fengclan arc I want to droped it but I have hoped that it will get better as story goes...... but it not happen.
    I shold have droped this serries after meng hao leave home planet after all

13. mirrorcrasher

mirrorcrasher Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dropped at around 1000, just because deathblade was too fast with the releases, couldn't keep up​

14. Neruz

Neruz sssSSSssss

Reading List:
    Link
    You'll be surprised, despite Meng Hao's current dominance there are actually a couple of rather interesting twists that happen in the run-up to the ending of ISSTH.
    If you want to learn more about the background stuff of ISSTH, read Xian Ni and Beseech the Devil, though sadly you need to read them to their conclusions to be able to draw any significant information from them. Beseech the Devil is arguably the more important of the two, but both lay the foundations for several of the unexplained confusing things that happen in ISSTH.

Pretender likes this.
  15. xp32

xp32 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, that 's sure pretty 'troublesome'. As someone ever said; One's Gift could appear as trouble to others.

16. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    The ones sealed in the 33 hells are probably outsiders, I think. Outsiders are simply just that, people or creatures outside the Mountain and Sea realm, aliens. The 33 heavens which are traitors from the past immortal world are outsiders and those 2 major powers that are approaching are outsiders as well as Dao Fang.
    The league of demon sealers is just a legacy pretty much which is supposed to have exactly 9 people. The guy who helped him when he severed his perfection was Shui Dongliu, an outsider.

Pretender likes this.
  17. ln_

ln_ All hail Master Roshi

Reading List:
    Link
    Its about time he lost his virginity.

18. Neruz

Neruz sssSSSssss

Reading List:
    Link
    You're going to have to wait awhile yet.

19. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    I have temporarily ceased to read ISSTH, and ever since MH reached immortality , i've kinda struggled to keep reading , yet as a whole it's still dear to me . There's some arcs that i really loved and it has some really cool stuff from time to time. So i will sitll pick it up later.

20. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Hellllllll No

I wake up in the morning, start my day off with a ISSTH chapter.

I get in bed ready to sleep, end my day with an ISSTH chapter.

Wujigege and Mithun like this.