Discussion ISSTH has gotten boring

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by ninthlite, Feb 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Pretender

Pretender <{Vanquisher}> {(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻}

Reading List:
    Link
    Renegade Immortal, Beseech the Devil and AWE are just too far from being completely translated. And although I plan to learn mandarin in the future that's still quite far, haha. Perhaps after ISSTH is finished I will go after some spoilers or something.

2. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of dislike how no one seems to be curious about the League of Demon Sealers at all. For example, his parents, they heard what the Dawn Immortal said, about demon sealers being heartless and whatever and didn't even seem to care what she talked about. I think similar things happened a few times when the league was mentioned and the ones around just ignored it or something. I also disliked how no one figured out that he was using the Blood Demon Grand Magic, except for Zhixiang and maybe a few others. It's a few little things like this that I dislike. But for the most of it, I disagree with OP. Personally I like the story and it isn't boring at all for me, it's still one of my favorites. There are a few boring parts though, one of them would be the windswept realm, except for the part where he talks with Zong Wuya and Xue'er and the end of the arc, the beginning part of the arc where he's in the fang clan, the beginning of book 8 and a few others. Nonetheless, I like it just as much.

3. Neruz

Neruz sssSSSssss

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that's the problem, unless you can read Chinese or are willing to look up spoilers there's no real way to get the background info on ISSTH.
    A Will Eternal is also shaping up to potentially be super important, with some hints that AWE is chronologically the 'first', though it is still too early to tell as the story is ongoing.
    So basically, come back in like a decade when Er Gen has actually finished writing his shared universe if you want to understand the details of wtf is happening. Because Er Gen hasn't actually written those details yet and has instead just been coyly dropping hints to drive his fans insane.

Pretender likes this.
  4. palaraya

palaraya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The painter guy, Shui Donglui,

5. SinCity

SinCity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with OP actually...
    What, just because it's nearing the end does that mean it has to be boring?
    Shouldn't it be the other way around, shouldn't it be more and more exciting towards the end and not the oposite?
    I'm sure there are other things Er Gen could've done to keep this story interesting without making Meng Hao one shotted everyone else
    Anyway, I'm just disappointed because one of my favorite story turns out like this

6. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At one point I put it on hold then skipped the whole family arc. Got to the end of that arc and Er Gen lost his fucking mind making him breakthrough for what felt like 20 chapters. Either way Meng Hao is Er Gen's favorite character he's too perfect. I love Xian Ni way more. I officially dropped it when he went to some area to fight outsiders. Well he had to fight other people who got the same mark as him first.

7. Robinhood1

Robinhood1 *The Mood breaker*

Reading List:
    Link
    Either direct descendants carry some other meaning for u, or u have read something wrong somewhere, NO direct descendant of WL is part of ISSTH
    What i meant to say was, people supporting ISSTH uses same words used by u to slander other novels ...

8. Neruz

Neruz sssSSSssss

Reading List:
    Link
    “The legendary Founder of the Wang Clan passed down a truth of the Dao from generation to generation. He was born mediocre. But one year, he was able to wrest away someone’s Foundation Establishment, and thus tread the path of a powerful expert…. Then he became a legend."

You're right, that doesn't sound like Wang Lin at all.
    No, wait...

9. thekingofgamez

thekingofgamez [He who makes others cough up blood in anger!]

Reading List:
    Link
    can you spoil me some facts or msg me?

10. DarkArts

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn't say that wasn't Wang Lin. What he's saying is that there are no direct descendants of his in ISSTH.

11. Robinhood1

Reading List:
    Link
    There are many loopholes in ISSTH, like talked about in this thread alone. I think its better if u talk to me after you read Xian Ni.
    If u have read spoilers on other thread/forum about ISSTH, u wud have read MH did not marry anyone, or have any descendant, but
    his clone in 1500's had hundreds of kids, and each of his clone married(except 1st clone iirc)
    And, for f's sake, please don't kill English. It says founder, not ancestor, which completely changes ur interpretation ...

12. NinjaEnvy

NinjaEnvy M Assassin

Reading List:
    Link
    I like issth cuz it doesn't feel gloomy like xian ni..

13. Neruz

Neruz sssSSSssss

Reading List:
    Link
    How exactly do you found a clan without leaving behind descendants? Even if they're not blood related at the very least they inherited his techniques.
    There are even multiple strong hints that the planet the Wang Clan is on was Wang Lin's home planet.

Edit: Oh fine, they're the descendants of his clone then. Like that matters, its a clone.

14. DarkArts

Reading List:
    Link
    If they are the descendants of his clone, I think they can still be considered direct descendants.
    I suppose it all comes down to how you interpret the term 'direct descendant'. I personally interpret it as such: children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren...
    In Wang clan's case, if I recall correctly, I read some spoiler and someone said they are descendants of his cousin or someone else in his family. I'd say that means they're not his direct descendants if it's true, but I don't know, I haven't read enough of it to know.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  15. Neruz

Neruz sssSSSssss

Reading List:
    Link
    I consider descendants via clone to be direct descendants, genetically the difference between descending from the original and descending from the clone is nonexistent; they're exactly the same. Because it's a clone. I suppose specifying direct descendant via clone is more accurate, but I feel like at that stage you're just pointlessly nitpicking. Especially since the Wang Clan clearly inherited Wang Lin's techniques and knowledge. Presumably also via clone. And he was definitely the founder of the clan, making the existence of the Wang Clan (who repeatedly play important parts throughout the ISSTH story) the direct consequence of Wang Lin's actions. (Well, his clone at any rate. Which was itself the direct consequence of Wang Lin's actions, so...)

16. DarkArts

Reading List:
    Link
    As I said, I am of the same opinion as you when it comes to descendants of the clone so you misunderstood me in that aspect. It's just that I don't consider them being direct descendants if they aren't children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren... of his or his clone even if they have his knowledge and techniques and whatnot. Also, there is a vast difference between 'founder' and 'ancestor'. Being the founder of the clan doesn't mean they are his direct descendants. He can be the founder of a clan even without having any children as far as I'm concerned.

17. Robinhood1

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see why u r sticking so closely to something said in passing by author ... There are many things which are later clarified/rectified later on in story ..
    I will have to open up Xian Ni a bit, but if it helps clarify a few things for u ...
    First of all, Wang clan was from a "cave world" IN Immortal God Continent, which is 1 of 2 super influences in ISSTH universe(9MS does not even come close to them). 9MS is a magical treasure of Paragon (forgot his name, Jui something) which came into existence long after WL was "officially" out of the universe. Secondly, WL himself was a descendant of branch family of Wang clan. There were other Wang still living even after WL's whole family was murdered in early chapters ... It is not explicitly stated, but iirc they were the ones who became Royal Family later on and even used WL's name on their own to do their bidding. Can be found in any spoiler floating around. The sword in Wang clan right now is his favorite sword which was recently introduced in translated chapters, and the soul/old man/spirit of that sword is the first devil WL had contracted... There is also that mosquito ...
    There are a few WL treasures scattered, but as i said, author merely used them to make MH OP in this novel, since he will have to create powerful background for each one of them if he introduces new item. Or maybe he has something planned for later ...

18. Neruz

Neruz sssSSSssss

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait hang on.
    Isn't Wang Ping Wang Lin's son via Liu Mei? His fate is uncertain at the end of Xian Ni, so the Wang Clan might in fact be directly descended from Wang Lin. It's also mentioned that the Wang Clan bloodline contains the power of gods, something which I'm pretty sure it didn't have back in Xian Ni.

19. Robinhood1

Reading List:
    Link
    U r going to make me spoil everything ...
    There is no way, let me repeat it again, no way in hell Wang clan is direct descendant of WL. 2 reasons, ultra major spoiler. First of all, WL was aware of Heaven's Crown, and what he might be doing. He would have taken everyone dear to him out of that universe. There was a major war at end and something something ... If u don't know, the current populace of IGC and DM are corpses which are being used by HC to fulfill his purpose. It is quite possible WL, as a last sentiment to Wang clan, took them out of IGC and left them in (what 9MS was previously called) ... That is why his sword/mosquito beast/some treasures are there ... Secondly, in early 1400's IGC managed to get hands on parrot, and wished something. It was later "implied" that Wang Lin came with 1 girl(presumed to be his wife) said something like what have u done and something something and nothing more was told, if he went back or stayed, but chances are he left soon due to repulsion by the barrier, which is the reason this world is thought to be endless .. If Wang clan in 9MS were his descendant/ his bloodline then there wud have been a single line about WL mentioning them .. like going to see them or not going to see them ..

20. Neruz

Neruz sssSSSssss

Reading List:
    Link
    That last part I bolded feels like some pretty shaky logic to me. Especially since it seems to be the only part of your statement that actually precludes the Wang clan being somehow descended from Wang Lin and it is entirely an assumption.

And yes I am aware that HC is playing everyone and that the populations of IGC and DM are fakes who think they're doing something very different to what they are actually doing.

Considering this discussion has taken place almost entirely in spoiler tabs, I fail to see why you are so hesitant to spoil things.