Movie Join Us~! Evil Dead (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Evil_Ginger, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    (SPOILERS, DUH!)

So, just got finished watching Evil Dead 1 & 2 tonight. The first was actually really good, as it didn't really play the predictable game. The second one failed at this since I called everything except for the fact that Bobby(?) Joe didn't appear after being raped eaten by a tree.

The first managed to bypass the stupid intro of bad character intros, but then exposoted(?) all over us with narration from the good doctor, who we don't see...kind of.

The second one was too funny to take seriously, but the dynamic of meeting normal people after such a tramatic event almost made me think Ash was high on PCP and he was just hallucinating. It was awesome.

However, I don't play horror like normal people, because I hate getting scared. I calculate the chain of events and follow who is where at all times. By the end of the first movie, my brother and I were going,

'Scott? Did you see Scott's corpse?'
    'No, Scott might still be there, though, we didn't get a good shot of the ground.'
    'Oh! Here! Scott!'
    'Scott?!'
    'Oh, Scott didn't show up. Huh. That would have been a good spot.'
    'A good spot for Scott?'
    'Yeah. You know, Scott's like the mascot now.'
    'Our mascot Scott needs his spot. We can't just forget Scott!'
    'Scott?!'
    'Scott!'

Like no joke, that was our conversation. It even upset us that he, Shelly, and Cheryl, Ash's sister, were removed. But...they brought back the perverted trees!

Anyways, no doubt my favorite part was Ash's insanity by himself where he was laughing at the house.

'Is that how Peewee must have felt?'

Also, the MC being the antagonist at some points was really good. I really loved it, even though by all means, it was one of the worst movies technically. Bad footage, strange cuts, lighting issues, and bad sound design.

*Doorknob turns and clunks loudly*

'Oh, what satisfying doorknob. I want one.'

*Later, Ash is tying up Linda, hooks clunk*

'mmmm...'

I personally thought the blood geysers were a gimmick of evil dead. They were always welcome.

'oh shit, he's like the kool-aid man!'

I have to say that I can't wait to watch the next one tomorrow. Then, moving onto the tv show.

anon likes this.
  2. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    big big BIG evil dead fan. always had an obsession with movies as a kid (blame my family for encouraging the habit) and when I was little I carried around a video cassette of robocop everywhere. My uncle tried to get me to watch something else one time and showed me army of darkness. I loved it as a kid because of the wackiness. Forgot about it years later until I caught it again on tv when I was 12. then I remembered hearing about there being more movies (evil dead 1 + 2) and watched them and loved them. If you haven't watched the tv series that came out recently I would definitely recommend it. Keep your chainsaw arm sharp and your boomstick cocked.

Edit: here's the 3rd season's trailer would definitely recommend watching it.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  3. DesuDiem

DesuDiem Surviving College

Reading List:
    Link
    epic movies more epic series.
    i was rickrolled
    fuck you.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  4. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    correction you were rickrolled by the one and only bruce campbell. I'm just sharing his greatness. Sorry about that sincerely hope you weren't too pissed about it. I had a laugh though myself despite my anticipation
    Edit: it actually is listed as season 3 trailer on youtube. Bruce has quite a sneaky streak

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  5. DesuDiem

DesuDiem Surviving College

Reading List:
    Link
    It was epic. Sadly most of my friends dont know about him.

6. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A tragedy if i ever heard one

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  7. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. I just bought seasons 1 & 2 yesterday and my brother told me we were going to watch the movies, to which I replied, sure.

But now I have work and won't be back home for another 12 hours or so...