Japanese Last Bosses in Heroless Worlds

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Alixiron, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Alixiron

Alixiron Demon King

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Last Bosses in Heroless Worlds
    Raw Link: N/A
    NU Link: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/last-bosses-in-heroless-worlds/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Only the prologue has been translated so far as part of a teaser project. The premise is interesting and unique and it should be quite a good read.
    Description: Six extremely powerful 'last bosses' (a rogue AI, a mad scientist, a fallen angel, a battle junkie hero, an alien queen and a mutant/abnormal ) who had caused large amounts of destruction in their worlds due to various circumstances before being defeated are summoned by a mysterious girl who wants to make them save various worlds.
    Here's the prologue (translated by krytykal) :
    https://krytykal.org/teasers/last-bosses/prologue/
    Here's a picture of the main characters:
    Screenshot_2017-08-03-22-49-50-76.png

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  2. Bunseth168

Bunseth168 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Forcing last boss of various ridiculous species to save the world? Ha! I am really interest of their method of saving. :v i support this pickup one

Alixiron likes this.
  3. Land Of Tea

Land Of Tea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems nice

4. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Drat, meaning the translator need to buy novel before translating, is it getting licensed?

5. Alixiron

Alixiron Demon King

Reading List:
    Link
    It's probably not licensed

6. Alixiron

Alixiron Demon King

Reading List:
    Link
  7. RandomComment

RandomComment Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is probably one of the more interesting synopsis I've read lately, but i can't help but feel that it'll probably become really generic and simplistic. Now, if these last bosses remain "difficult" and perhaps even travel in separate groups (ie 4/2, 3/3, 2/2/2 or even something like 4/1/1 or such), it'd make for an amazing series. Watching them all let go of their "last boss" nature over a period of time and finding other things to cherish (ie, maybe alien queen is sad at being separated from her race but finds a similar species to rule over and comes to love them) would be pretty cool.

8. Alixiron

Alixiron Demon King

Reading List:
    Link
    We can only find out

9. RandomComment

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually posted that before reading the first (and apparently only) chapter released thus far, and was pleasantly surprised. Akito's plotline for example does feel like the kind where he'd develop somewhat and perhaps get over his childhood friend who didn't love him and become a good guy again. Not sure what the deal is exactly with the rest yet ofc, but I hope theres similar unfortunate circumstances that they overcome and redeem themselves from. Think of Re-Life, but with supernatural powers.

10. Alixiron

Alixiron Demon King

Reading List:
    Link
    They probably faced similar circumstances before turning evil and their stories will be revealed bit by bit

TheSinofPriDe likes this.
  11. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like a interesting concept, I hope that it does get picked up by a translator

12. Shiro-Tensei

Shiro-Tensei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! This was one of many novels I really found interesting, "Last Bosses" who brought or attempted to bring their worlds to ruin now have to save other worlds. And all the characters with different backgrounds are also interesting, reminds me a bit of "Re:creators" or like a crossover.

13. RandomComment

Reading List:
    Link
    i've seen varying opinions about it, but I personally feel that Re:Creators is doing it quite well. Don't quite like Magane in it for one, shes not brilliant, other characters (Aliceteria and Mirokuji) are just being downright stupid in playing along with her. The rest of the cast are done quite well tho. Hope to see similar development here.

Indeed. What we have to work with on them right now is far too little, but leaves a lot of room for development and growth for all of them. I mean, I cant quite figure out the former hero or glasses tbh. Hero in particular, he seems like just some battle junkie and apparently he kept betraying other people, only to die from betrayal. Sounds like he had it all coming, but maybe he was just portrayed as such but the kingdom itself was evil? Not as if we haven't seen this kind of setting a lot lately.

Fallen Angel and AI sound like they'd get along tho. Like...a lot. They seem to have similar backgrounds of how they were meant to be on the good side (manager of the world and an angel) but then decided to rebel and overthrow god/heavens/humans. Thats doubly so for the AI who wanted to eradicate all humans. The fallen angel sounds more like an antihero then a last boss to me tbh.

I'm calling it right now for the alien queen tho. They had good intentions, but the bacteria's side effects didn't just kill the aliens but also made them behave violently. Her calm and reserved behavior seems very contradictory to the backstory we're getting of her violently invading.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Alixiron likes this.
  14. Alixiron

Alixiron Demon King

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice Analysis

15. MoonRabbit

MoonRabbit Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Always nice to see a good-guy-gone-bad, but what's even nicer to see is what happens after they get defeated or accomplish their goal. do they just burn out, do they take their own lives, do they revert, are they permanently edgy and mad and all that red-coloured stuff? That was an interesting synopsis, hope it doesn't become terrible and hope someone picks this up!

16. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't you bump a few days ago?

17. Alixiron

Alixiron Demon King

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes

18. BabyDalyn

BabyDalyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Budum tusss, lurking and waiting

19. darkLoki

darkLoki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This will be a good story for pp who don't have novel for read now... and will enter in my favorite list

20. Forestor

Forestor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump, the prologue was pretty good.