LCD Library of Heaven's Path

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kagamiya, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    Its must just a benefit of the organization,to ensure all master teaches stay under their banner.

By having it be open only to certified master teaches, they both create a sense of exclusiveness and minimize the chances of the knowledge being leaked for profit to the general public.

Plus there's also probably a small library for apprentices, small being the operative word

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  2. bob3002

bob3002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The requirements for becoming a master teacher are to have a certain mental strength level (3) and cultivation (Profound Connection, or Martial Artist 7th level), plus a recommendation and at least one one-star occupation. That qualifies you to take the assessment. It doesn't start for our MC until around chapter 300.

If I had to guess why they only let Master Teachers learn about poison, it's probably to monopolize the knowledge after the destruction of the Hall of Poison.

3. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love how the author makes each encounter about a persons "face" and then ridicules it directly. Showing that face doesn't mean instant fighting for most people. Only a few odd people care enough about it to disregard other benefits.

Most chapters bringing a laugh. Like the recent case of trying recruit the "senior" student of a fictional person.

4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For a moment there, I was appreciating the fact that he didn't lie to them about what the pill was. Then he had to go and threaten them into taking it. Its very clear that he was just trying to create a paper-thin excuse for his conscience to latch onto so that he could deny responsibility for "their" decision. Now I'm kinda hoping that the MC crushes his cultivation base before he's exiled :/

lol, I love how he just gave them a very good reason to not want to be his disciple so that they'll be super eager to do him a favor instead ;)
    Oh, I understand why there would be a library that was Master Teachers Only, but the way they were talking made it sound like the lower level library(ies) didn't have anything on poison, which didn't make sense.

5. Lithit

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I get what you mean

They probably just assumed any old library wouldn't be able to help, considering how knowledgeable he is.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought his price was one thousand manuals? Why is it saying that he's flipping through thousands, plural?

Well, if nothing else, the books should be helpful to future members of the royal family, so its not like acquiring them was a waste.

I wonder how high the cultivation books in the 1-star Master Teacher library go. Just to Zongshi maybe? Would they have higher level ones in the 2-star library? Would there even be a 2-star library in the neighboring kingdom, or would he need to go to a higher ranked Pavilion?

O no! Ten whole minutes longer! Whatever will he do :eek:

It would have been funny if he wound up being late to the competition.

7. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like this novel cause when he try to cultivate there is none bunch of words

8. letswait

letswait Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

So far it seems like more professions=higher level, iow he could've gone for Master Teacher 1 with
    just painting, but he still have a few additional professions.

They didn't.. quite the opposite.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, I'm noticing a trend among the people with any degree of status or power in that counter: none of them respect the emperor. I wonder if its maybe time for him to retire, or start killing people.

Why is the head of the emperor's intelligence agency so out of the loop? I mean, I get why he doesn't know why the butler is there, but he should be aware of everything else. Didn't the emperor have the MC investigated? Wouldn't he have been the one to carry out that investigation? Shouldn't he already know that that the MC is not only a 1-star apothecary, but one that got that status via the Master Teacher route? And shouldn't he know about the three master teachers taking an interest in the MC as a potential disciple? And after what happened at the tea party, shouldn't he also know that he's a grandmaster painter with a connection to the emperor's tutor and the master physician? I mean seriously, some of this stuff is probably known to gossipers in the street, yet he doesn't seem to have a clue. I'm not sure that its not time for him to retire already.

All that aside, this chapter felt like a complete waste of time.

I'm kinda looking forward to when the three master teachers address the MC as "senior" ;)

Lokumi likes this.
  10. letswait

Reading List:
    Link
    Respect?

Well, an emperor seem to be ranked below Master Teacher 1, so the butler (because he is Yang shi's representative),
    master teachers, and so on are all above him. I'm not sure how a personal disciple of a master teacher N ranks in
    comparison to the emperor, but maybe even ZX currently ranks higher than the emperor.
    Iow, it'll be the emperor giving them respect and not the other way around.

The emperor knows most of that. Qian Chao doesn't.

11. prav92

prav92 ZeusKing

Reading List:
    Link
    Well his achievements were too fast ... Plus after 'yang shi' helped emperor's elder , emperor did tell the three masters about the 'unfair' treatment faced by Zhang Xian in academy ...
    And the time between that and evaluation exam were at most two to three days and none of them were exactly grand event that every one knew .. and few people that did know them .. like the tea party incident and pill debate might have suppressed the news to hide their humiliation .. like how academy did ...
    Also another point is that emperor himself knew these details ...

12. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I laugh so hard in this chapter

pietothesky likes this.
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    For a moment there, I was worried that we wouldn't get to the duel ;)

I'm betting the MC will praise him, but I wonder how everyone else will react to his shamelessness ;)

14. Lithit

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too, I was practically screaming to myself that if the chapter ends without a fight, I would find and 'explain' to the author why people shouldn't do that.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That was an aggravating chapter. 90% of it was pointless nonsense, and the conclusion didn't make much sense. After all, if the kid was going to forfeit, then why did he take the forbidden medicine and destroy his own future? Does he really think that Lu Xun will honor his word if he doesn't win? He's not that naive is he?

Lithit and justmehere like this.
  16. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Level 2 student saying sorry to level 3 student for kicking too hard.....

This has got to be the most op mc ive ever read

Lokumi likes this.
  17. letswait

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that apology hurt more than the kick. :)

justmehere, jacobpaige and KickInator like this.
  18. KickInator

KickInator I am Indian bc

Reading List:
    Link
    Such distilled face smacking.

19. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a 600,000g pill that increases your rank within a few minutes instead of the roughly two years it would take otherwise. Having your cultivation speed reduced to 30% after that would be bearable even if Lu Xun didn't honor his word.

20. Lithit

Reading List:
    Link
    True but the next few stages that would normally take longer would then take much longer, even a stage that takes only 10 years would more than make up for his 2 year increase by a year.