Looking for novels that need help translating

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Entropy, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am looking for novels (traditional chinese/mandarin, can't understand simplified, sorry) that are currently in need of translators. I'm not really biased with stories, so, as long as someone is in need of a translator, editor, proofreader, etc. I'm willing to help. However, the catch is that I am not extremely proficient in chinese at all. The words at least. It's a strange situation I'm currently in, but if anyone is really in need, I'll try my best to help.

I know I may not be qualified for the job, but I understand chinese culture to a moderate level (I hope), I can speak it quite fluently as well, and (maybe) understand the way grammer works; I just don't know most words in their written form. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. yorozuyaginchan

yorozuyaginchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heaven Awakening Path has not been translated for a long while now. Can you take a look?

3. Mebu

Mebu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You could try your luck with some sites like radiant translation although I have no idea how strict their requirments is or how good you are...something like tempest of the stellar war..

4. mangaling

mangaling Less than average

Reading List:
    Link
    I use text to speech to translate at first because my reading skill isn't very good. You could do that

5. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you translate a new novel?

Sacred Hall/ Church (圣堂) by Skeleton Wizard (骷髅精灵) is an absolutely amazing work.

(MTL) Synopsis: Heaven and earth heartless to all things for the dog! A small thousand world fanatical obsessed with the practice of teenagers to obtain the world of God, the gods of heaven, life from this moment to change, jump out of the law, Guards Suncheon, in control! Skull Wizard can not say the secret, all in the fiery "church", so you fight!

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That defeats the purpose of reading doesn't it?

7. Entropy

Entropy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't quite say that I'm up to that level yet, maybe one day. Especially when I have a lot of time to dedicate to translating.

8. OnigaImasuka

OnigaImasuka A devil in disguise

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're willing to do it by yourself there's always a lot of untranslated novels in the pickup request subforum. Otherwise your best bet is probably asking on several translators' sites. Think quite a few have a recruitment page on their sites

9. lovelyxday

lovelyxday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, all you have to do is copy the simplified text and convert to traditional. My mac can do this on it's own, but I'm sure there are a lot of engines out there that could do this. Probably just need to google it.

10. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Work for meeeee~!!! Lots of novels to choose from! Very flexible time! Lots of nice people! Work for me~~~~
    Don't worry too much, we got plenty of people willing to TLC, me included. And to help with translating, I recommend downloading the MDBG program, it's very useful~~~

(I'm in dire need of people cough)

I'll convert everything into traditional for you if it comes to that point too

Reasonable Guy and lalalyly like this.
  11. mangaling

mangaling Less than average

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, i could read at least half of it and get the gist of story but not small detail.
    I don't use speech to text to read. But for translating.

12. Entropy

Entropy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't really think about that, thanks.

13. ruze

ruze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea. Mebu's right, we at Radiant Translations are recruiting translators all the time. We work with people of various skill levels and help them improve and put out good work. Lot's of interesting novels we could use help with some come check us out @Entropy.

[​IMG]

Ashley123 and Mebu like this.
  14. MissQ

MissQ tler from the past

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! if you are still looking to help out, I'm in need of a editor/proofreader, or even a translator is a pretty big help. I run a small translation site that does historical romance novels. If you're interested in helping out, please do pm me!

(I have no set schedule on my translation page so you can choose to help whenever you want)

15. vasiliassy

vasiliassy Lol hehe

Reading List:
    Link
    Three Marriage? That novel is really abandoned by many people... :cry: