Love

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by heavenlytribulation, May 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ninish

ninish ✿Fujoshi✿ [#224~] [Dʀᴀɢᴏɴɪsᴛ] [Lᴜʀᴋᴇʀ Lᴇᴇᴄʜ]

Reading List:
    Link
    i believe in fictional love xD real love should have no business with me~ it's so complicated :< and i both come to like people too easily if i let myself do so, but at the same time it never becomes a serious feeling. i've never been straight out 'in love.'

BUT IF THERE IS GAY COUPLES TO SHIP SOMEWHERE I'LL BE THERE 150% ALWAYSANDFOREVERANDAHHHHHHH

2. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Love is very nice. Great that you're spending time with the one you love, yet you will want to do anything for them. However, love can be blind... so you may overlook flaws that may kill your relationship. Communication is key too.

Action likes this.
  3. ninish

ninish ✿Fujoshi✿ [#224~] [Dʀᴀɢᴏɴɪsᴛ] [Lᴜʀᴋᴇʀ Lᴇᴇᴄʜ]

Reading List:
    Link
    i believe it goes more around the other side:

love will make you do things that do not follow logic. some people risk their lives for love, some others their possesions, some their pride... and so on, doing things that if they were not in love they'd never do. (of course i'm generalizing, but i was just trying to explain this phrase)

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  4. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    In my experience, love is like sharing half of your heart to someone but she must give her's or you'll go mad or find your inner peace.

I have a crush on my friend while she's also in love with my bretheren in arms. Two love each other, some stuffs happened and i'm now currently recovering from a heartbroken while scared from falling in love.

5. xlr8slayer

xlr8slayer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not nice if it is one-sided, very not nice...

LoliSlave likes this.
  6. LoliSlave

LoliSlave The Loli Pope

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah... that wouldn't be nice :D but i bet that i could charm my love :D

7. kursys

kursys animeweedlord420

Reading List:
    Link
    wow guys i'm gonna need a casket of wine for all the cheesiness in this thread

8. Ash

Ash 『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, true. But love is love.

9. EienMugetsuTensho

EienMugetsuTensho [Avid Reader] [C#, C++, Python Programmer]

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting assessment. But i dont know, all those seem to follow logic if you think about it. The need to protect and cherish their mate. Humans have that instinct, they are little different from animals in that regard. Even dying, if to protect your loved one, or especially your children, would seem to follow logic right? This may collide with the base instinct to protect your own self but i would have to say that this would override that instinct due to it being the more powerful one.

I think all things we do for love can be rationalized, i think that there are logical reasons for all of them even if we ourselves wouldn't know it. Like altruism for example. One may think it's a selfless act, but in reality it may be nothing than something done for things like either self satisfaction or to show potential mates qualities that would make us desirable. This and love may be two different things, but in this way they are the same. Namely that they are not truly without reason.

Humans are emotional creatures, but that doesn't mean our emotions, our actions, aren't based on reason. Even if we ourselves dont know what those reasons may be.

Shem likes this.
  11. something1234

something1234 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love is a drug, and like any drug, some easily fall into it and become addicted with the sensation sometimes doing stupid things as a consequence, others can easily avoid it and live without it or even find some replacement or even better drug to reach an even higher high.

While it works, it definitely will feel good though, and on your death bed, you would probably regret not experiencing the high if you don't take the drug once or twice in your life regardless of the consequences - especially with birth control so available nowadays xD.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  12. aueneg

aueneg 【Lazy】

Reading List:
    Link
    Love is like... Love is... *sulks at the corner*

13. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Having been in love three times, and having seen the worst and the best of it, the wisdom I've gained is... Love, once gained, is a choice, and that love should always strive to be about the person you're with, not the feeling itself.

Love can easily be selfish. Loving and being loved is a euphoric feeling, so some people become obsessed with seeking that high all the time, even to the detriment of their partners. Or they focus so much on the love, they don't pay attention to their partner's needs.
    Also, if you only pay attention to the feeling, you're unlikely to realise that you need to leave someone who's using you.

And love isn't always a strong feeling. After a while, the initial rush will settle down. Then you learn about all that person's flaws, and have misunderstandings, and when you're stressed or don't see each other for a while, you can even forget that you love them... Love is learning to love the things you don't like about them, and choosing to remember why you love them even when it's hard.

As for love stories... Mine are mostly fridge horror, but I can tell how I got together with my current girlfriend.
    I've been close friends with her for years and years. Not long after we left high school, she went through quite a significant identity crisis/family fight, and I was doing my best to support her. I tried to find what information I could for her, went with her to get the things she needed, and sat up with her on Facebook until 4 in the morning because she was feeling suicidal.
    We got really, really close, and ended up becoming best friends. She kept crying that no one would ever love her, so I'd try to reassure her that she was a wonderful, beautiful person and she'd definitely find love; and then she'd turn it back on me and say that I was the amazing one, she didn't understand why I was single, I was such an angel, etc. I think that's sort of normal for best friends? It would have been fine if we were straight girls but, even though I knew it was supposed to be platonic, I could only think "wow, this is gay".

And then I ended up wondering if having those thoughts meant I liked her, and then I worried that I only liked her because I thought I did, and then I didn't want to ruin our friendship... One day she tried to hug and kiss me. I've had bad experiences with affection in the past, so I completely froze up and wanted to run. So I assumed that, since I didn't want to be touched by her, I didn't like her, and when she asked me out I rejected her.
    Her friend was a real dick about it. He told her it was because she was creepy. And even though that completely wasn't it, she thought his explanation was probably more honest than mine, so she was even more depressed and wouldn't let me talk her out of it.

Eventually I realised that I probably did like her. But since I've always been pursued and never the other way around, I really cursed that I blew my chance for the easy way out... I tried to plan a romantic way to ask her out, like bringing her a present or asking her over dinner, but it always went wrong. Like a really bad romantic comedy. And the whole time I was paranoid that someone else was going to get there first. I eventually asked her out over Facebook, about a week after I'd turned her down.
    But even then things aren't smooth sailing, and there have been trials and tribulations, and moments where I thought about ending it. We've been together for over a year now.

TL;DR:

14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Huuuumm... I guess the closest thing to it would be despair?

Imagine staying hours talking to someone, and then you need to leave for work/uni/meeting with friends/whatever and every moment there, that person remains in your mind. Imagining wishing that all of that ended quickly so as to allow you to meet your loved one again.

Imagine feeling a crazy amount of anxiety on your way home, because you're unsure if your loved one is still awake, and you want to talk more to them.

That was how my first love was, an incredibly despairing feeling that kept bugging me all the time until I got home and talked more to the one I loved...

I don't know how it is for others, but it's how it was for me.

Moonpearl likes this.
  15. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love is overrated....

16. Kleid

Kleid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

17. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    It needs money & time.....

18. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought I loved someone once, but I wasn't sure.
    So I asked other people what love was, and everyone only said things like: "You'll just know." and it was very frustrating.
    I hesitated for a long time. I didn't want to say anything unless I was sure.
    And then, right when I thought that I had figured things out and wanted to tell them, the target threw a curve ball at me and I became even more confused and frustrated.
    And then it was over, and I couldn't accept that for a long, long time, and thinking over everything over and over I became even more confused, and blamed myself alot.
    Eventually everything faded enough to not bother me as much.

Those are my experiences with it.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Action and Deleted member 41274 like this.
  19. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought love was always being loyal to one person, until it became an obsession.

Never liked my parents' divorce. Now I know that my love and obsession only belongs to dota, a computer game.

WhiteTiger likes this.
  20. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, i've never ever loved someone even my family so i don't even think i'm capable of loving.
    When i do something for someone it's not because i love or like them it's because i get something out of it, my whole life is based on this principle.
    It's a shame because i really like reading romance novels, prob because i know i won't ever experience it.
    I do have mental issues tho that's for sure, so that might be the cause.
    Anyway from all the novels i've read love seems like a nice thing, except novels are fiction so hey.