Spoiler Mei Gongqing

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by HikikomoriGirl, Jun 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why was the epilogue discontinued? Is this the novel suspected of plagiarism? I was really hoping to read the future events of everyone.

2. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    ........a disgustingly useless man will always be useless no matter what. Either in love or in regret he's useless.

3. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait a minute! Why was Ran Min king in the previous life? King as in emperor?! He seized power?!? Then what does that mean in the current timeline?? Will he try to do the same once more?

4. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    Never mind I read this spoiler, but I find Ran Min a shitty 2nd male lead. Let's just say I'm really glad she didn't end up with him. Though, I also hate QiLang. Let's say all options suck.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  5. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    But Qilang is a lot better than Ran Min u.u

6. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll give him points for changing. But I hated his condescension. I hated his disrespect. Hated how as much as he says he loves her but never cared about the fact she had an opinion. I know that's mentality of the times, but he makes my blood boil.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  7. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO!!~ True! What I hate about the Male Lead is actually the loooooong time he 'hesitated' before he decided to go for the MC.

I don't like wimpy Male Leads like that.

8. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than wimpy, he simply doesn't believe in unconditional love. He always thought women loved him for power and prestige and he never had feelings himself. It took him until the MC threw her life away due to despair, that he realized his heart would hurt if he lost her. After that he becomes yandere-ish in my opinion, but he still sucks as a male lead.
    He can basically sacrifice anything for his goals, as long as the MC doesn't die. He was prepared to sacrifice his unborn child (from the MC) because he was sure that even if she miscarried, she would live. He planned for certain events that made some princess stab the MC's stomach while she was pregnant, and he knew that might happen, and he planned to use it to further his goal. That's how much he sucks. Of course, when he tries to sweet talk the MC later, she didn't forgive him. At that point she was so fed up with his shit. After being ignored by her and obviously despised for a long time, he finally felt regretful of his actions as he asked her forgiveness. He even said it was the first time he felt regret over anything he'd ever done. First time, huh? Anyway, MC was lucky and didn't lose the child, but she'll have to live with the knowledge that the ML didn't give a shit for this baby's life. Honestly, nothing he does later can redeem him in my eyes. I think the only reason she stayed with him is because in those times, she had no other choice. Since he took he chastity and impregnated her and she even has a child with him, her free life is over. This is so depressing to me. And I had such high hopes for this ML. I don't mind imperfect characters, but this one crossed the line of forgiveness for me.

9. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    no wonder his sons later hate Wang Hong and like to prank him ??

lazynoodles likes this.
  10. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than hate WH, they all just had mother-complex and were too overprotective of CR. They did that to compete for CR's affection against WH. Even in the beginning, when CR told the eldest son that his look was not good, and when he found out otherwise, the one that he was angry at was WH. When WH asked why, he told him that he knew that CR was stupid so it's understandable (LOL), but he was angry bc WH never corrected her even once.

And during the time they lived in those secluded mansion, CR often told them how low her status was, etc. These created impression for them that CR needed to always be protected. So when the family finally moving back to the capital, every time nobles approached CR to mock her, the sons had already positioned themselves to guard her. Later only after WH reminded (kinda scolded) her, she begun to deal with the nobelwomen again personally.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  11. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh and btw about CW's fate in the current life...
    After she left RM, her dooms (her father and brother refused to accept her back, the rich merchant didn't want to marry her anymore...and so on) was caused by WH.

When she heard her father was going to marry her to the old fat rich merchant, she run away to WH's residence and asked CR to let her stay there. WH's status was decreased due to his scandal with CR and his family removed him from the patriarch candidate, so CW thought that she could later be WH's concubine. But CR didn't gave her face and confronted her about CW's attempt in murdering her by using WH's name and lure her outside city (when CR got lost in the mountain). WH overheard that and began to plan his revenge against CW.

12. smr85

smr85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ran Min is real historical figure I think he become Lord/Vassal in real history, you can search his profil on wikipedia

13. Dioning

Dioning Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey
    Thanks for all the spoiler. But on the latest chapter that have been translated,i m confuse of why ah rong didnt get any offering or money while being nun ? And then why was it suddenly so many noble visiting her after she said that she want to go to seclusion to meditate ?

eagerreadergirl and lazynoodles like this.
  14. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Which nobles? (sorry, haven't keep up with the new chapters for a while)
    If you're talking about the one that came to her temple, the temple she was bestowed to was near the capital and had been used by the nobles before it was given to her, and I think most of them came for curiousity and the rest, such as the princess, came to bother her out of jealousy.
    *edited* There's also a prince who approached her just because he wanted to sleep with her.
    As for the money, it wasn't really explained but perhaps she did, It just wasn't enough for the temple's maintenance since it was so vast.

Yeah, I think that's why the author made his fate similar in the previous and current lifetime, to follow the actual history.

Also, some info for Ran Min's fans, he appeared in another novel of this author. It's kinda the indirect sequel, no appearance of CR or WH though. RM only appeared as the side character who helped the MC later in the story, btw the 2nd ML is Murong Ke (the one that besieged WH in the city 2 times in Mei Gongqing).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  15. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t feel bad for him at all. He probably should suffer more f*** boy.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  16. kaguya0401

kaguya0401 aka Xia (fledgling editor & TL'er)

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much my thoughts. In general, most of MC's love interests suck. The only one I found as a decent character was SY. At least he didn't force her to do anything or use her as bait. He actually treated her like a person.

17. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    CR is so great, such a pity she has only bad love interests... she deserved better.

18. TheEscapist

TheEscapist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember that decent scholar that she thought could understand her...so she tried smiling at him, but she scared him off . I was so sad for her then.

19. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, Chen Sanlang's friend, right?

Later when CR had became nun and the Emperor granted her title and thus the ability to marry consort, WH kidnapped her out of jealousy and brought her back to Nanyang. CR met with the scholar again there. He had became the Prince of Nanyang's subordinate and part of the entourage that welcome WH and CR into the city. Although the rumour about CR was WH's beloved woman was already widely spread, the scholar tried to bribe CR and offer himself to be CR's consort. Well, I guess, birds of a feather flock together...

Previously, she was kinda begrudge WH for scaring off the scholar, but after she found out about this, she imagined that if WH didn't meddle, she would marry the scholar and one day, perhaps when the prince of Nanyang or some nobles asked for her, the scholar would offer her to them with smiling face. So she became kinda grateful to WH.

20. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    Till you live in ancient times real decent men don't exist ... :(

Poor_Hero and TheEscapist like this.