Japanese Monster no Goshujin-sama

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Silvertin, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Silvertin

Silvertin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Master of Monsters; Monster Tamer
    Raw Link: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n9543bw/
    NU Link: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/monster-no-goshujin-sama/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: I would like to start off by mentioning that it has been almost half a year with no news on if it has been dropped or if it is still being worked or anything like that, even the page about who is working on it appears to be vastly out of date... Scratch that, after more expansive checking I noticed just now they posted an announcement about recruiting for this and other series in June 2017 http://raisingthedead.ninja/2017/06/07/recruitment-june-2017-translators/ So I guess that solves the problem of where to host the translations? Anyways it is a great story with a pretty unique premise that goes the right direction with its given genre's. It hooks things in all the right ways.

The story is a harem, but with a twist. they are monster girls! (also I recommend looking at all the tags and genres, its a pretty extensive list, yes all of them are relevant to the story). A bit like Monster Musume Harem wo Tsukurou I can't really spell out the parts that are different due to small spoilers to that story so, to simply and vaguely put it. This story's girls different kinds of monsters, and somewhat different as monsters, and they protect the MC. (please note this much can be gleamed from the description, tags, and title of the novel.) This story is pretty heavy on the tragedy and betrayal. Our poor MC can't look at humans the same after what they had done to him, or other humans for that matter. Moral degradation (on their part) is heavy. Lucky for our MC, his superpower is essentially to connect with monsters. Small spoilers below
    His power not only connects to certain monsters, but they also feel each other's feelings, not quite a hive mind (thus far? it might evolve some way in the future), but they know where each other are, and how they are feeling, it gives the MC reassurance in trusting his companions, as well as befriending and even romancing them and them wanting to romance him. Most even start out as monsters without their own thoughts, only instincts. But through the MC they gain sentience!
    Honestly it has been a good while since I have read it (since I have been waiting on an update for so long). So I cannot do it proper justice in how good it is and why. However, I hope what I could remember and the limited descriptions I could give is good enough to convince everyone to give it a try, see if you like what you read, and pick up translating it if so. I am not sure how the process will go since the previous group is or was recruiting for it. I am not sure how that went given they did not give followup details, presumably no one joined for that one since there have been no new chapters in the roughly two months? Long story short, probably contact them for details on whats going on in that field exactly? Such as, if an interested translator has to work through their site, if you can go off to do your own site/translations etc. Basically translator etiquette stuff.

*edit* There was a chapter release and announcement posted today 9-30-2017 that not only stated them officially dropping the series, but also a terms and condition (can they even really do that?) which I will put in a quote below. Its source is from v2 c15 http://raisingthedead.ninja/2017/09/30/master-of-monster-vol-2-ch-15/
    Description:
    Everyone in a high school is suddenly transported to another world. As they are attacked by monsters they find that some of the students now have superpowers. They organize themselves into two groups. Those without powers are called the Stay Home Group and those with them are called the Exploration Group. On a day where most of the Exploration Group is out, the remaining ones that stay behind start the slaughtering and raping of the Stay Home Group.

Here we meet our protagonist, an average guy with no abilities who had just barely escaped death at the hands of his schoolmates. He ends up far away in a cave on the verge of death, exhausted and wounded when a slime enters the cave and starts eating away at his hand. All he can do is utter, “…please… someone out there… help me….”

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  2. Liener Rynnsfield

Liener Rynnsfield Holder of Alpha Stigma

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 i like this novel

3. Panzaro

Panzaro It's just mayonnaise~

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobody lasts. This is called the Slayer of Translators. Well, I call it that. I is sad.

4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Monster waifus are justice

5. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's the tag:
    R15
    残酷な描写あり : Have description of violence
    異世界転移 : Transported to another world
    異類婚姻譚 : Interspecies Marriage/Romance Story
    異能力バトル : Interability Battle
    冒険 : Adventure
    異世界迷い込み : Lost in another world
    剣と魔法 : Sword and magic
    テイマー : Tamer
    ハーレム : Harem (Good bye Harem haters. Nice to meet with you.)
    サバイバル : Survival
    モンスター娘 : Monster girl
    人間ヒロインあり : Have Human Heroine
    エルフ : Elf
    恋愛 : Romance

Here's the whole RAWs: 204 chapters in UTF-16 plaintext format.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_NOm4_IexoCenVvbVA1c1BrXzg

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  6. BlazeKing

BlazeKing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 I found it a good read

7. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    holy crap. I remember reading this a few years back. I used to follow it but the releases were too slow.

8. Jed333

Jed333 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a good LN but its a shame it gets dropped alot. I hate betrayal but this one wasn't so bad as others.

Zarek21 and Silvertin like this.
  9. Zarek21

Zarek21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 Hopefully this get's picked up I really liked it

10. Narilera

Narilera Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 I remember this series. I enjoyed it a lot. It was fun.

Certainly would be nice to see updates for it again :D. If there is a benevolent translator who is so inclined.

11. BarryKaizer

BarryKaizer your crazy fairy godmother of death

Reading List:
    Link
    i see you too are a man of great culture

12. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I suck and i'm lazy so don't expect much but as someone posted the raws in a zip file I'll half ass it to an extent maybe but as i did like this story ill extremely half ass it plus side my wife is japanese so i have a walking translator if i do in fact attempt this lol fyi if i do it will be mostly mtl

ps again no promises lol I am quite lazy

13. Lucresia

Lucresia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would love to see this pick up. I really like this novel but too bad it is dead hopefully someone revive it... truck-san, knife-san, random God who kill MC ... anyone please send me a translator who is hopefully bound by magic and can never escape... hmm too much. Okay I'll compromise just send a translator that will post once a month is fine.

Zarek21 likes this.
  14. Silvertin

Reading List:
    Link
    Well whatever you decide to do please keep the translator's etiquette in mind regarding "Raising the Dead" and to contact them of your interest in Master of Monsters; should you decide to make your attempt at translating. As they still seem to be making efforts to keep it going. Also for the person archiving the raws in a zip file for backup reasons, it was most likely "Yukkuri Oniisan" (thank you for your services to the community.) Do keep in mind the readers are rooting for you for even stepping up to take up some reigns ... I am not sure if I am conveying this properly, but basically you have many people's gratitude.

That's cool that your wife might help. I mean, you know, if she would be willing to help or be interested in it since I guess it would just be a thing you might do occasionally on your spare time or as a hobby. She might not be too into it, especially over time if she doesn't like the story you know? A good part of translating a story is liking it, so at least you would be into the story as you translate?

Also it would probably be better if some one can share the workload with you if you intend to "extremely half ass it" ? ^^; Just ... you know, so the flow doesn't break the immersion for the passionate readers. Which seem to be plenty, given how many stopping by and posting their support in such a short amount of time.

15. SFcipher

SFcipher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Been waiting for this series to restart since the last release was back in the end of March this year. Honestly, it's been off again and on again due to staff issues with RTD. Hopefully, someone will take it over soon.

Zarek21 and Silvertin like this.
  16. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes please!

17. Silvertin

Reading List:
    Link
    @Galison So can we get an update on what you decided to do? Or what RTD said? Though as I look at the RTD recruitment announcement again, I don't think they would accept you since they said:
    That being the case, I don't think they would accept an MTL style translator. Also for those who may not know right away. a fortnight is every 2 weeks.

18. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea I don't actually care what RTD does. What I do is mostly because i choose to do so. Them translating it or not isn't a concern for me. their translation will likely be far better than anything i may put out hence i'll work on it some on my own without talking to them should they start translating it id stop but till they actually do start i honestly cant care lol. Again i may or may not even do it anyways I've basically only played with mtling a few of the older chapters and started playing with them on fixing how bad mtls are once im done with 4 or 5 i'll go back and compare them to the already translated versions of said chapters to see how badly i did lol

19. Kuroihagane

Kuroihagane Investi-gathor

Reading List:
    Link
    to think that I've forgotten this series orz

20. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link