Novel Negative Stat

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Nashani, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Nashani

Nashani Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 14 - Search
    Luckily, Lin helped me to cook dinner. Both of us ate and slept afterwards. I woke up the same time as yesterday and I could finally move both of my arms. I went to the living room and Feyris was there with a serious look on her face.

Feyris: You can move your hands now?

Hikai: Yeah but I don’t think that I can absorb magic yet. Has Zack returned?

Feyris: He still hasn’t returned. He didn’t tell me that he would not come back so I am getting pretty worried.

Hikai: What about when we went with the Princess?

Feyris: He did tell me about it so I knew that you weren’t going to be back but he said that he’ll be back for dinner.

Hikai: Did he tell you where he’s going?

Feyris: All I heard was that he’s going to start in the guild.

Hikai: The guild huh. I guess I should ask.

Feyris: Then I’ll tell you this just in case. I can’t leave the city easily so if you’re going to leave you don’t have to tell me.

Hikai: Why are you telling me this now?

Feyris: He didn’t come back after going to the guild right? Something may have happened there so I’m telling you now just in case.

Hikai: Something that would make him unable to leave huh.

Feyris: Yep. You should also take Lin with you. I know she may be safer here with me but I don’t think she’ll stay calm for long if you’re not here so she may just chase after you and that will be bad.

I woke up Lin and brought her to the living room.

Hikai: Right, well then. I hope I’ll be able to find Zack, since you’ve said that much then I’ll tell you in his place. We won’t be back by today.

Feyris: Yeah. Just be safe. Since I know you’ll come back here with an injury or two I won’t tell you to be careful.

I scratched my head at her statement.

Feyris: But I will tell you this, come back alive you hear?

Lin: Yes.

Lin was the one who answered as she raised her thumb towards Feyris.

Hikai: Wait, why are you the one answering?

Lin: Don’t mind.

She then raised her thumb towards me. Feyris was laughing the whole time. We both left the house and went to the guild.

Hikai: Now, where should we start?

Zack probably asked around here so I think it would be a bad idea to speak to everyone so I looked for Frank.

Hikai: He’s not here?

All of the counter’s were occupied but Frank wasn’t in any of them. I asked one of them for Frank and they said that he was in his office. I asked if I could meet him. The staff went inside and came out after wards. Both of us were led to Frank’s office. Inside Frank was working.

Frank: What do you want?

Lin sat down on one of the chairs and I whispered to him.

Hikai: I’m here for the Slave Traders.

Frank widened his eyes and then he stood up and closed the door.

Frank: What do you want to know?

Hikai: First would be what happened to Zack?

Frank: Zack? Now that you mention it, he was here yesterday. If I remember correctly he was asking people about the Slave Traders. Why?

Hikai: He didn’t get back last night.

Frank: So he was asking about them but he didn’t come back? I’m pretty sure that he left since no one could answer him though.

Hikai: Then did you see people following him?

Frank: I didn’t. I was trying to sleep so I didn’t see anything.

Hikai: You really should stop trying to sleep while working.

Frank: Shut up. The only time I actually get to rest is if I’m out there you know? Being the guild leader is such a hassle.

Hikai: Why is a guy like this the guild leader?

Frank: Well it was a good idea for you to go straight to me though. Those guys are probably here again after all. The guild won’t be able to help you with this problem of yours so you’re on your own. Even though I’m the guild leader I don’t know anything after all.

Hikai: Well the very fact that you’re not one of them is a big help.

Frank: Anyway, that’s all I can tell you.

Hikai: Thanks.

As Frank returned to work I left the guild and searched around the city for Zack. I asked people if they have seen him but all of them couldn’t. As I still kept searching I was finally at the city exit.

Hikai: No one has seen him anywhere.

Lin: Tired.

As Lin and I were thinking, Lin saw something in the distance.

Lin: Ester?

Lin pointed towards the outside of the city and I also saw Ester there. She was pretty far so it was hard but her blonde hair and clothes were recognizable. Lin and I ran towards her.

Hikai: What happened to you? Where’s Zack?

I asked her as we approached. She had bruises here and there. Her hair was a bit disheveled as well as her clothes. She was swaying left and right. She didn’t reply to my message.

Lin:Ester?

Lin approached and tried to hold her hand then Ester raised her hand and swung it towards Lin.

Hikai: What!?

I was able to react in time and I pulled Lin away from Ester. I put Lin down and stood in front of her facing Ester.

Ester: I…..

Ester finally spoke and she said.

Ester: will kill you.

She lunged towards me.

Hikai: Ester, what’s going on!?

Ester: Kill, kill, kill, kill.

That was all she would say. Magicae then appeared.

Magicae: It’s no use talking to her. She’s brainwashed.

Hikai: Brainwashed? What level of Magic is it?

Ester attacked and I dodged. Her attacks were a bit slower than they usually were and they were also pretty predictable. Am I really fighting Ester?

Magicae: Level 5.

Hikai: Tch. Even if I could use my skill it still won’t matter huh if Ester’s like this that also means that Zack’s probably brainwashed too. Magicae, how do I remove the spell?

Magicae: For this one, you’ll have to knock her out first.

Hikai: This one? You mean there are other types?

Magicae: Yeah but this one is actually a bit different than the others.

Hikai: Different?

I kept dodging while talking to Magicae.

Magicae: It seems as though someone else is moving her body.

Hikai: What?

Magicae: From what I see, Ester is resisting the spell so the user is now just controlling her body instead of her mind. That’s why you could evade her as you are now.

Hikai: Then how does knocking her out solve the problem?

Magicae: The spell that is used now actually uses the signals that come from the brain and rewrites it. As long as Ester tries to move, the user can change the order into anything he wishes.

Hikai: So by knocking her out, the guy controlling her can’t use her own signals to control the body.

Magicae: Yep. That’s basically how it goes.

Hikai: The problem now would be how to knock her out.

Magicae: Let’s exorcise her!

Hikai: That no- wait. I guess it’s technically right?

Magicae: See? I don’t always get it wrong you see!

Hikai: Ah! You’re wrong. We’re not exorcising Ester! We’re exorcising the guy controlling her!

Magicae: Oh right! Hahahaha!

Hikai: Now, how do we do this?

Magicae: I can try to remove it if you can stop her for a bit.

Hikai: Stop her? Lin, can you do it!?

I shouted towards the sitting Lin. She stood up and hesitated and then she nodded to me.

Hikai: Just do it when you can alright! I’ll wait for as long as it takes!

Lin nodded and I was still evading Ester. After a while, Lin raised her hand and used her darkness magic. Ester stopped for a moment.

Magicae: Here we go!

Ester: Argh!

I then rushed towards her and punched her solar plexus. Ester fell.

Ester: Hikai?

Hikai: Ester! Are you fine now?

Ester: Yeah, I can move my body.

Even though her voice was weak, Ester forced herself conscious.

Hikai: Do you know where they took Zack?

Ester: The last that I remember was that we were in Umbra.

Hikai: In Umbra?

Ester: Yeah, after the guild. I met up with Zack and then someone used Brainwash magic. I was able to fight back but we were already at Umbra then here I am now.

Magicae: The user probably ran out of Magic. Controlling two people does drain a lot more magic when using that artifact.

Hikai: Artifact?

Magicae: Yeah, listening to her story just reminded me about that. A long time ago, various artifacts were lost after the Great War.

Hikai: Great War?

Magicae: Don’t worry about that. That’s already done after all. Just know that there are various artifacts lost in this land. Besides, I think you should bring Ester back. Her body is not doing well since she was resisting this whole time.

Hikai: Right, I’m going to carry you alright Ester?

Ester tried to stand but she couldn’t so I carried her back to Feyris’ house. Feyris and Ranga were both there.

Ranga: Ester!? What happened to you!?

Ester: This is just a scratch.

Ranga: A scratch!? What are you talking about!?

Feyris: Hurry up and put her on your bed Hikai.

I brought Ester to my room and put her on the bed. Ranga followed us while Feyris was still at the living room.

Hikai: Ester, I’m going to go find Zack so when you can move can you get my Pole?

Ester: You’re going to leave it?

Hikai: It’s currently being made in the Woodsmith so I can’t bring it yet.

Ester: Sure. Leave some for me alright?

Hikai: Then you better arrive early or everything would be finished you know?

Ester smiled and I took the Pole, set it on my back and left the room. As I left the room, I could hear the silent Ranga shouting again to Ester. I went to the living room and talked to Feyris.

Hikai: Zack is in Umbra.

Feyris: Umbra? Why is he there?

Hikai: Sorry but I don’t have time so can you just ask Ester?

Feyris: I see. What the hell is that boy doing? Make sure to bring him back alright? I still need to laugh at him for getting caught after all.

Hikai: Yeah. I promise to bring him back.

Feyris: Oh. You made a promise now. I should get the bandages and the ointments ready then.

I smiled towards her then Lin and I ran towards the castle.

Hikai: Oscar! No time! Bring me to the Princess!

Oscar was about to say something but then he ran inside the castle. We followed after him and we arrived at the courtyard. Beatrix and the others were there having a mock battle with the Knights. As we arrived, everyone stopped and looked towards us. The Princess was a few meters away from them watching. She was shocked as we ran towards her.

Hikai: I have to go, big trouble, Slave Traders, Horses.

I said as much as I can that only she and I could understand. The princess’ expression changed.

Jeanne: Take Oscar with you. Oscar, don’t ask anything and help Hikai with what he is about to do. Take those horses.

I bowed towards her and we ran to the horses. Oscar was confused but he followed anyway.

Hikai: Oscar, I’m sorry but we still can’t ride a horse so you’ll have to use one horse to carry us. We’re going to Umbra.

Oscar: Then we should get this horse. He’s the biggest and the fastest.

I nodded to him and all of us rode the horse. Oscar was behind me while Lin was in front of me.

Hikai: Please don’t be too late.

I prayed as the horse galloped to Umbra

~Chapter 14 End~

2. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 15 - Rush
    Even if we moved as fast as we can, there is only so much a horse without rest could do. It was the middle of the night and we camped out.

Oscar: Have you calmed down?

Hikai: Yeah, sorry for the trouble.

Oscar: Can you tell me what happened now?

I stared at the fire and started to talk.

Hikai: Zack went to find the Slave Traders. He didn’t come back last night so I searched for him today and then I found Ester but she was brainwashed.

Oscar: Brainwashed?

Hikai: Yeah. Luckily we were able to remove it from her but knowing that Zack may still be brainwashed just made me impatient so I couldn’t control myself.

Lin handed out the food to us. After eating, we talked.

Oscar: So what’s the plan?

Hikai: Honestly, I just want to find Zack.

Oscar: So no plan? Alright, let’s do that.

Hikai: Are you seriously fine with that?

Oscar: We can’t really take our time with this one after all.

Oscar and I took turns taking watch and we slept. We woke up early in the morning and we rushed to the city. We arrived at noon. The first place we looked at was the mansion that we attacked but no one was in there.

Hikai: We should probably eat something.

Oscar: Yeah, I’m still pretty hungry.

The three of us ate at a place with seats outside and we looked around as we ate. Then we finally see the target.

Oscar: Hikai, I want you to try to stay calm but I see Zack right now.

I searched around and I saw them as they exited the city.

Hikai: Right, we should follow them first.

Lin and Oscar nodded then we followed after them. They walked at the opposite direction from the city. Luckily the path that they chose had trees on both sides so we could hide there. There were only Zack and another man and then there were no more trees on the path and it was just a open area.

Man: Come out. I know you’ve been following us from Umbra.

Oscar was the first one to walk towards them. Lin and I walked behind him.

Man: Oh? It’s the little girl that those three couldn’t capture. That’s good. You came back to us on your own.

I tried to talk back but Oscar stopped me.

Oscar: We’re surrounded.

Man: Oh? So you realized huh.

The man snapped his fingers and around 30 guys surrounded us.

Hikai: I thought that we caught most of them already. How many people do you have?

Man: Caught? So you’re the one with this guy that attacked us before huh. Then I’ll tell you, there’s only a few of us left thanks to you. So what are you going to do now?

Hikai: Tch. What can we do?

Oscar: If only I had a shield.

A shield, one of those guys over there has some but how do I get them?

Man: Now, kill them boys!

As the three of us prepared ourselves, there was suddenly an explosion. It came from the guys behind the Man.

Man: What!? Who’s there!?

The man looked back and that was the time that we moved. The three of us rushed towards him. He was able to evade us and reversed our position. Now we were beside Zack although he still hasn’t moved.

Man: Tch. You, kill th-

The man raised a staff and pointed it to Zack but then another Fireball passed us and hit the staff.

Man: Ahhhhhhhh!

The staff was destroyed in a fire and I looked back to who shot the fireball. It was the Goblin Mage that we met a while ago.

Then a few people once again were flung upwards and there I saw the Goblin General attacking them. He nodded to me and fought the others. A shield was then flung towards me so I grabbed it and threw it to Oscar.

Hikai: Oscar, catch!

Oscar: What?

Oscar caught the shield and then his attitude changed. Everything was silent. The Goblins, The enemies, Lin and I. Everyone did not say anything. The weird feeling that Oscar was emitting was not allowing us to look away from him. One of the men walked towards him slowly and as he neared he raised his weapon and attacked.

Oscar: Ah?

Oscar noticed the man and then he hit him with the shield.

Oscar: Ahhhhhhh!

Oscar rushed to the others and was beating everyone up. The man used his allies to escape but I wasn’t able to chase after him since I was surprised by Oscar’s sudden change. Even the Goblin General and Goblin Mage were a bit wary of him.

Oscar: Come on!

Oscar kept beating everyone with the shield. Lin and I were the ones who were with Zack. He fell and passed out when the staff was broken.

Oscar: Hahahahaaha!

There was a vicious smile on Oscar’s face as he kept beating everyone.

Oscar: Die!

He finished off the last enemy although the Man escaped. I walked to him and tried to talk to him.

Hikai: Oscar, a-

As I tried to touch his shoulder, he suddenly turned around and hit me with his shield.

Hikai: Guh.

I fell to the ground and was nearly knocked out.

Hikai: Damn it.

The last thing that I saw was the shield crumbled from his hand.

Oscar: Ah! Damn it!

That was the last thing I heard before I passed out.

Oscar: It’s getting pretty late.

That was the first thing I heard when I finally woke up. I raised my body.

Oscar: Oh, you’re awake. Sorry about that.

Hikai: What happened?

Oscar: Well you see there’s a reason why I don’t have a shield. I…. uh…. kind of go crazy when I use a shield. I just attack everyone and you were one of them.

Hikai: Then what about Lin!?

Oscar pointed at me and I looked down. I saw Lin was laying her head on my legs. I breathed a sigh of relief and looked around. Zack was also sleeping beside me.

Hikai: What happened to those two?

Oscar: They’re looking around.

Hikai: I’ll remember not to give you a shield ever again.

Oscar: Hahaha.

I woke up Lin and the two Goblins returned. Zack was still sleeping and we surrounded the fire.

Oscar: What do we do now?

Hikai: What happened to those guys anyway?

Oscar: Some of them are dead while the others are tied up over there and that one guy was able to escape from here.

Hikai: That one guy huh.

I looked to the two Goblins.

Hikai: Are you two willing to help us?

The two Goblins nodded.

Hikai: Do you know where he went?

The two Goblins nodded and pointed at a direction.

Hikai: Then I guess there’s only one thing we can do. Can you two guard Zack and everyone here?

The two Goblins nodded again.

Hikai: Oscar, I’ll need you to go to the castle and request for people to arrest all of them.

Oscar: Alright, what about you?

Hikai: I’ll be chasing after him.

Lin: I will go too.

Hikai: No, you should stay here with them.

Oscar: You’re planning on going alone!?

Hikai: There’s no other way. I don’t want to let them do this. This is my problem after all. If you go without rest how long would it take for you to get back to the castle?

Oscar: 15 hours.

Hikai: I see. Then you better hurry. I plan to finish this.

Oscar: Right, then good luck.

Oscar stood up and ran back. He probably went to get the horse.

Lin: I will go.

Hikai: I told you not this time. Please, will you let me do this by myself?

Lin then sat around the fire and hugged her knees.

Hikai: I’ll only allow you to follow if a certain Blonde haired girl comes around alright?

Lin looked towards me and smiled. She then nodded.

Hikai: If the both of you see a lot of people wearing armor coming here, make sure to run away alright? I don’t want them to kill you after all.

The two Goblins nodded once again. I walked away afterwards. I walked away to the direction the Goblins pointed out. After approximately two hours of walking I finally saw a cave. The man was in there resting. I hid myself behind the tree’s in front of the cave. That was when Magicae appeared.

Magicae: He probably thinks that we’re not chasing him anymore.

Hikai: He did run pretty far. It took us two hours just to get here.

Magicae: What are you talking about? You were walking very slowly so of course it will take you that long to get here.

Hikai: I can’t help it alright? I didn’t want to get attacked after all.

Magicae: What do you plan to do now?

Hikai: I’ll just wait him out since I don’t know what’s in that cave.

Magicae: Ehhhh…… but you didn’t bring the bread and milk. How would you do that?

Hikai: You don’t need that.

Magicae: Oh? I see. Then since we’re going to be here for a while how about we study right now.

Hikai: Study?

Magicae: Yeah, your hands are still not recovered so you can’t use them to attack. You also can’t put too much pressure.

Hikai: So I have to be careful when fighting huh.

Magicae: Yeah, your hands can’t handle it yet. You can attack normally but never try to lock weapons with him and don’t try to block anything. Your hands will not be able to take it and would probably give in so remember that well.

I nodded as I looked at my hands.

Magicae: You can probably absorb after a while but you can’t absorb this guy’s magic. It’s too strong for your Level 2 skills after all.

Hikai: So I can’t use block any attack and I also can’t use my skills. Wow, how can I win this match.

Magicae: Plot Armor?

Hikai: Do you even know what that means? Besides, only the MC has Plot Armor. How the hell am I the MC?

Magicae: Since you’re always in trouble?

Hikai: That’s how you think an MC is?

Magicae: Well then, I guess it’s time for me to go now. You’ll have to do your best this time around.

Magicae then pressed her finger on my forehead.

Magicae: You’re the only one who can create your own miracles.

She pushed my head back and disappeared.

Hikai: My own miracle.

I gripped the Pole as I waited in front of the cave.

Hikai: He’s finally moving.

After 5 hours of waiting the Man finally moved.

Man: I guess they’re not following me anymore.

I heard the Man exclaim as he exited the cave. He stretched and I continued to listen to him.

Man: I guess I should leave here. There’s no else left after all. My contract with the King is a shame though.

I reacted to his words and I accidentally stepped on a twig.

Man: Who’s there!?

The man heard and I walked out.

Man: It’s you huh. You just don’t know when to quit.

Hikai: What is your relation to the King?

Man: What are you talking about? The King? Who’s that?

Hikai: So you’re not talking huh. I guess I don’t have a choice.

I readied the Pole as I faced off against the Man.

Man: You better not get too cocky kid.

My fight against the Man would start now.

~Chapter 15 End~

3. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 16 - Stalling
    As I faced off with the Man I noticed that the only thing that he had was a staff. Damn, so he’s a magician.

Man: Why don’t we make a deal?

The man talked to me but I didn’t reply. What should I do? This means that everything is not good. My opponent uses Magic so that means that I should always stay close but then what?

Man: What? Why aren’t you speaking? Can you hear me?

I don’t think that I can use enough power to knock him out. Do I have to kick him? Will that work? I don’t know.

Man: Does he even hear me? I think I can sneak away.

I didn’t notice but the man was walking away slowly. So I have to think that I don’t have the ability to knock him out right now. I can attack but it will be weak so I can only disturb his moves and because he’s using only magic that means that I can’t rely on his power to defeat him.

Man: Slowly.

That means that I can only wait for everyone else. How long was it when Oscar left? 7 hours? So thinking that his assessment is correct it will take him 15 hours to get there. So let’s think that the Princess already understood what happened she may have prepared the others but they still won’t be able to move immediately so maybe 20 hours?

Man: Alright, I’m far away enough now but don’t think I forgot what you did so I’m going to leave a little present.

The man raised the staff and pointed towards me. So that means that I’ve got 35 hours and 7 has already past so I have 28 hours to go. Can I do it? Can I fight for 28 hours?

Man: Tornado!

Magicae: This is stupid!

Magicae suddenly pulled me away. I was pulled somewhat far and then from the spot where I was standing a massive surge of air suddenly appeared.

Magicae: Fight already!

Magicae hit me on the back of my head and disappeared.

Hikai: Damn. I should just copy Zack and Ester huh, alright no more thinking. Who cares if I need to wait for 28 hours? Who cares if I can’t use my hands properly? Who cares if I can’t absorb his magic?

The man was panting and slouched on his spot. It seems that he didn’t realize that I wasn’t hit by his magic.

Hikai: All I need to do is to create my own miracle.

I stood up and focused everything I have.

Magicae: Rage mode~!

Magicae appeared and disappeared immediately as she said that. I smiled and rushed towards me opponent. As I ran as fast as I can, the man finally noticed.

Man: What!?

I was able to hit the man on his abdomen but my attack was weak.

Man: Ouch. You’ll pay for that.

I was able to hit the man a few times after that but my attacks were too weak to knock him out and after approximately an hour.

Man: I guess it’s time.

The man suddenly jumped back and then jumped. I chased after him but he didn’t come back down.

Man: Wind cutter!

As I heard his voice I moved from my spot and a blade of wind passed by.

Hikai: Where are you?

I looked around but I couldn’t see the man.

Man: Wind cutter!

I heard the man once again and moved out of the way and I finally saw him. He was floating. He was on the air a few feet above ground. No matter how much I stretch or jump the Pole would not be able to reach him.

Hikai: Flight magic?

Man: What are you going to do now? All I have to do is to hit you from here.

Hikai: Damn. Do I have to throw the pole?

As the man was floating, I decided to do so. He unleashed another Wind cutter and as he used it I evaded and threw the Pole.

Man: Argh!

I was able to hit him but it still wasn’t enough. I tried to grab it but he moved faster than me. He unleashed another Wind cutter but towards the Pole. I moved back and the Pole was cut in half and then he finally came down but landed on the Pole breaking it into pieces.

Man; Tch, it’s been 30 minutes huh.

Hikai: So you can only float for 30 minutes huh.

Man: Damn. I shouldn’t have said that but what then? It’s not like you can do anything with that right?

Hikai: You’re right. I can’t beat you as I am now but so what?

The man was confused.

Hikai: All I need to do is to keep you here. All I need to do is to stop you from escaping and I don’t need my weapon for that.

Man: Tch. To-

As he raised the staff I rushed towards him once again. I remembered about Oscar and used my elbows to hit him.

Hikai: Kh!

I was able to hit him but it was too weak since my elbow hurt too much.

Man: rnado!

The man couldn’t stop the magic either so his Tornado happened right under us. He tried to move away but I held him. Even if my hands are weak I can still apply enough force to hold him for at least one second. The tornado caught both of us.

Man: Ahhhhhh!!!!!!

As the tornado finished both of us were thrown out of it. We rolled and we were sent flying on the same direction but there was a distance between us. I was the first one to move but I could only sit up.

Hikai: Damn. My body hurts.

After a few minutes the Man finally moved. My body had recovered somewhat so I stood up and rushed towards him. As I ran he was able to get up and once again and raised the staff towards me.

Man: Wind cu-

There was only a short distance between us but it was enough for him to cast his magic. I was not able to evade it because my body did not allow me to.

Ester: Hikai, catch!

I suddenly heard a familiar voice and looked towards it. Lin and Ester were there and Ester threw a Pole as they ran towards me. I tried to grab it but the force was too strong that I couldn’t grip it and it slipped from my hand.

Man: Gufu!

The Pole then hit the man right on the forehead forcing him to stop the magic and rolled away. The pole landed right in front of me as Lin and Ester finally approached.

Lin: Heal.

Lin healed me and I was able to move my body but my hands still were the same.

Hikai: Ester, how are you?

Ester: My body is still unstable but I can at least use my strength. Just don’t expect me to evade.

Hikai: So you can’t evade while I can’t attack. Alright here’s the plan. Lin when I tell you to, you will use your Bind on him and Ester, when I signal you that’s when you go for a attack. Before that, you will just be around me while Lin you will stay here.

The both of them nodded. The man then stood up and raised the staff and pointed towards me. Ester and I ran towards him but Ester was slower than me since she still hadn’t been able to fully recover. The man aimed at me and I was able to evade his magic.

Hikai: Now, Lin!

Lin reacted and used her bind on the man but he was able to evade the bind by jumping backwards so I.

Hikai: Absorb!

I absorbed the Bind and rushed towards him. He tried to cast his magic but I was faster and I used.

Hikai: Release! Now, Ester!

I used the Bind on him and as he was caught Ester moved as fast as she can and hit him on the face with her fist full force. The man rolled over and he finally stopped. The three of us then went near him and saw that he was unconscious. We sat down on the spot.

Hikai: Finally done. It took me 9 hours just stalling time.

Ester: You were fighting him for 9 hours?

I explained to Ester what I did. After around 30 minutes we brought the man back to the site. The two Goblins were still there guarding while Zack was still unconscious.

Ester: What do we do now?

Hikai: We have to wait because it’ll take them a whole day to get here after all.

Ester: Ehhhhhhhh…

Hikai: Thanks a lot Ester. I was prepared to fight for a whole day so having you save me was a big help.

Ester: Sure!

Hikai: Thanks for bringing this one too.

Ester: Yeah, that thing was pretty amazing you know?

Hikai: How?

Ester: I was attacked by a few things when I was running here. There were also some bandits who could use Magic. I couldn’t evade in time and I used it as a shield but the Magic didn’t affect it so I was pretty amazed.

Hikai: What if the Magic destroyed the Pole?

Ester: I’m sorry?

Hikai: Hah. You know what I won’t think about it much but this thing is pretty strong huh.

That was the time that Magicae appeared.

Magicae: That pole’s pretty interesting. It’s got some Magic resistance.

Hikai: Magic Resistance?

Magicae: Yeah, it’s at Level 5 so any magic that’s Level 5 and below wouldn’t be able to break it.

Hikai: Wow.

Magicae: But it’s only on the Pole itself so any large scale magic or at least bigger than the pole will still have an effect so you better not forget that.

Hikai: So I still have to be careful. I thought I finally had something to fight against strong magic.

Magicae: That’s just how it is. You just have to create your very own Miracle.

Hikai: Yeah, I’ll be sure to remember that.

Magicae: Good. Well then, I’m going to go now but don’t forget that you still have something to ask him okay?

Hikai: Right, well then. Ester, I’m going to have a chat with him alright?

Ester: Want me to go with you?

Hikai: You stay here and guard everyone. I’m going to go get help from those two for this one.

Ester nodded and I went over to the two Goblins. I told them my plan and they nodded. It seems that they can really understand me. After roughly 5 hours, the man finally woke up.

Man: Damn it. Eeeeek!

The two Goblins appeared in front of him.

Hikai: You will tell me what I want to know or these two will kill you.

Man: What are you talking about!?

The Goblins took one stepped towards the man.

Man: Eeeeek! I told you I know nothing!

One more step.

Man: Nothing!

After a few more steps, the Goblins were now finally right in front of the Man. The General raised his sword and then.

Man: I’ll talk! I’ll tell you everything!

The man told me and afterwards the Goblins then knocked him out cold. We went back to the site and Ester was now facing around 3 guys who are now awake. Luckily we were behind them so the Goblins knocked them out as well.

Ester: Whew. I didn’t know what to do when they stood up. Thanks for the help.

Hikai: It’s has been around 13 hours since they were knocked out, how were you able to keep them here anyway?

I asked the Goblins and then one man woke up and tried to leave but then the General once again knocked him out. The mage then pointed to that man.

Hikai: So you’re just knocking them out afterwards huh.

The both of them nodded to my statement. As we went back to Zack, he was finally awake.

Hikai: Good morning. You really took your time sleeping.

Zack: Shut up! What happened?

We explained to him what happened and then.

Zack: So where is he?

Hikai: What are you going to do?

Zack: Just a little payback.

Hikai: Do what you want. I’ve been awake since yesterday so since you’re awake I’m going to sleep now.

I went to sleep as Zack went to the man.

~Chapter 16 End~

4. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 17 - Return
    As I woke up, I looked around and saw that Ester and Lin were sleeping beside me. Ester was hugging Lin and then I looked up and saw that Kei was there beside a tree somewhat far away. When she saw that I was awake was when she also left.

Beatrix: Good Morning.

Beatrix then talked to me.

Hikai: What? Why are you here?

Beatrix: Didn’t you call for us?

Hikai: Yeah but didn’t you come too early?

Beatrix: We just got here though?

Hikai: How long did you take to get here?

Beatrix: The Princess told us to go ahead when Oscar returned so I guess around 15 hours?

Hikai: So I’ve been sleeping for around 15 hours huh.

Beatrix: How were you keeping all those guys there anyway, when we got here only Zack was awake and keeping watch over everyone.

So those two left, good I didn’t want them to fight them.

Hikai: We took turns and we just kept knocking them out as they woke up.

Beatrix: Oh. I see.

Hikai: Are you the only one here?

Beatrix: No, all four of us rushed over here. The others were watching over those guys with Zack and Kei is waiting, where did Kei go? She was here earlier.

Hikai: It’s fine. So is the Princess going to come?

Beatrix: No, this time she’s waiting at the castle. The King wouldn’t allow her to go after what happened last time.

Hikai: I see.

Beatrix: What about you?

Hikai: Me?

Beatrix: Yeah, did you hurt yourself again?

Hikai: Not really, I didn’t fight to win after all.

Beatrix: What?

Hikai: All I did was stall for time. I bet everything on you getting here.

Beatrix: What are you talking about? Oscar said that it took him 15 hours to get back and we also took 15 hours to get here. Wait, you were thinking of fighting for 30 hours straight!?

Hikai: Yeah.

Beatrix: What are you thinking!? No man would fight that long by themselves! You sh-

As she tried to continue I cut her off.

Hikai: He took Zack and Ester! Do you think I wouldn’t do all of that for nothing!? He brainwashed them. He used them. He made them do things against their will and I’m supposed to sit back and wait!? No! No matter what I won’t let that happen! As long as I can move, I won’t stop!

As the two of us glared at each other, Beatrix said.

Beatrix: But your body might not make it. Your body might give up. What then? How will you help them then?

Hikai: Even so, I don’t want to regret anything anymore. I don’t want to regret not doing anything. I don’t want to lose anything without trying and if that ever happens.

I breathe in and focused myself.

Hikai: I would make my very own miracle.

Beatrix widened her eyes to my statement and sat down in front of me. She hugged her knees and looked towards the sky.

Beatrix: Your very own Miracle, huh. Hey, if you were allowed to do whatever you want what would you do here?

Surprised by her question, I thought for a bit and answered.

Hikai: I would probably try to get back home.

Beatrix: Home huh. Why?

Hikai: I still have a promise that I need to do back there.

Beatrix: I see. I also want to go home. If you ever find a way back tell us alright?

Hikai: I promise.

Beatrix: You again with your promises. I’ll go and guard those guys with the others since you’re awake now.

Beatrix left and I stayed with the sleeping Lin and Ester. After around 5 hours, the guards from the castle finally arrived and they caught the men. We went back to the castle back with them but all four of us were sleeping again. We must’ve been very tired. After a whole day of travel, we got back to the city.

Hikai: I brought him back!

After getting back to the city at night, the four of us returned to Feyris’ house. Feyris rushed to us and hugged Zack and I.

Feyris: Ohhhh. Welcome back.

Judging from the smell and her attitude, she was drinking again.

Zack: You’re drinking again! You stink!

Feyris: Ah? A certain someone was caught so there was no one to stop me after all.

Zack: Ah? Who got caught?

Feyris: Fufu. You still have a lot to learn.

Zack: Shut up, you drunk!

As the two argued, the three of us went to my bedroom.

Hikai, Lin and Ester: Sleepy.

Since it took us a full day to travel, we were very tired when we got back and were feeling sleepy once again. All three of us, yes along with Ester dove to the bed to sleep.

Hikai: Ester, why are you here?

Ester: Zzzzzzzzzzz………. I want more dessert………

She was already asleep when I asked her. Lin was asleep as well between us.

Hikai: Oh well, a proper bed feels really nice.

I fell asleep after that.

I woke up very early in the morning. The sun was just rising. Ester and Lin were also still sleeping. I stood up and went downstairs. The living room was clean and Zack was sleeping on the sofa with dirt on his face.

Hikai: He probably fell asleep while cleaning.

I then went to the backyard. I tried to do some simple exercise to check on my condition.

Hikai: I guess I’ve recovered properly now.

That was the time Magicae appeared.

Magicae: Yep yep! It took you 5? 6 days? for you to do so though.

Hikai: It’s fine.

Magicae: Oh and I’m sure you didn’t notice but your Absorb is now Level 3 while your Release is now Level 2 although your Manipulation is still Level 2 though.

Feyris: Then there’s only one thing to do then.

Feyris exited the house while I was talking to Magicae.

Feyris: You woke up pretty early huh.

Hikai: I have been just sleeping for the last 3 days.

Feyris: Is that so? So do you want to increase your Manipulation?

Hikai: Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Magicae: Foreshadowing?

Feyris: Alright, stand right there and I’ll go over here.

Hikai: I really don’t want to do this.

Magicae: Foresight?

As I stood up and prepared myself, Feyris was a few feet away facing me.

Feyris: Now I’m going to use all of the offensive Level 3 magic that I know and you have to absorb all of them.

Magicae: Premonition!

Hikai: What!? No! Why do I have to do that!? And the one over there, those were close but it was still all wrong!

Feyris: Shut up! I haven’t had any fun for the last few days so just be a man and take it all!

Hikai: Noooooooo!!!!!!

After a horrible experience, my Magic Manipulation raised to Level 3.

Ranga: Ester, how do you feel?

Ester: I’m all good, Master!

Ranga: How about you, Hikai?

HIkai: I’m completely recovered.

Ranga: Good, now let’s start.

Resting after training? Can I really call it that? Playing fits more. Anyway, after Feyris was done playing I rested for a bit before Ranga told Ester and I to have another mock battle. Last time, all Ester did was evade and didn’t really fight back. How much have I improved?

Ranga: Then let’s start. No holding back this time Ester.

This time Ester attacks. She moves too fast for my eyes to follow so I followed Ranga’s advice. I used Lin’s Demon energy to project my surroundings.

HIkai: There!

I reacted to Ester and she was surprised. I pointed the pole towards her and she stopped right before she hit it.

Ester: Woah! You were able to react to that then how about this!

Ester moved once again and I used the energy again. I was able to see her but then she evaded the Pole and launched a fist towards me. I couldn’t evade it and she grazed my cheek.

Ester: You’re relying too much on that. Don’t forget that if your opponent can do something similar they would know what to do.

Hikai: Right, let’s go at it again.

This time I’m the one who moved. I tried to attack Ester but she evaded, she moved behind me and I used the opposite side of the Pole to attack. She evaded and tried to attack from the side. I moved and blocked her fist.

Ranga: Nice.

Ranga was the first one to react.

Hikai: At least I was able to react to her.

Ranga: That’s the important part. The first thing you would need to fight is to be able to actually match up with them although I don’t think that you can defeat Ester yet.

Ester: I don’t think so Master.

Ranga: Oh? So you think he can defeat you?

Ester: If we didn’t have our weapons no but with that Pole that he has he will be able to.

Ranga: Hmm? Why? What does that Pole do?

Ester: It has magic resistance.

Ranga: Really? I see. I understand. Your attack does also rely on your magic after all.

Hikai: What do you mean?

Ester: I’m not really good at magic so the best that I could do would be to enhance my strength but I can also do something else with it.

Ester then positioned herself and punched to the air. As she punched there was a shockwave that appeared in front of her fist.

Ester: I use the Magic that I used to enhance to push using additional force.

Hikai: It’s like my release.

Ranga: Yeah, Ester doesn’t have a element so she uses Magic power that’s inside her as a force to push.

Ester: It’s the Force Punch!

Ranga: That’s the name we gave to her special move.

Hikai: Can you increase the amount that you release?

Ester: I can but my MP is not that high so if I use it all at once I can’t enhance my power for a long time.

Hikai: So full force is a one-hit technique.

Ester: That was also the move I used when I punched that guy.

Hikai: So that’s why he rolled so far away. I was curious but I didn’t really wonder why.

Ester: Yep!

Hikai: If I could just transfer the Magic that I absorb then your Force punch can become much stronger.

Magicae appeared as I said that.

Magicae: Oh? That’s a interesting idea that you have there.

Hikai: Hmm?

Magicae: I guess I should tell you this then. When your Magic Manipulation reaches a specific level you will have additional skills other then the Absorb and Release.

Hikai: Oh? What will I get!?

Magicae: I won’t tell you. I also won’t tell you which levels you would get them. Hahahahha!

Hikai: What? Just tell me.

Magicae: That would be a spoiler. Don’t people in your hobby hate that kind of stuff?

Hikai: They do but.

Magicae: And so I won’t tell you. Bye~!

Magicae disappeared after that.

Ester: It’s getting exciting isn’t it.

Ranga: Come on, you two are still not done.

Ester and I resumed our mock battle. As my training finished, Lin and I were going out.

Hikai: We’re going to go give the report now.

After everyone sent us off, we went towards the castle.

Hikai: I hope that the Princess won’t be too sad by what I’m about to tell her.

It was time to tell the Princess what I discovered about the deal of the King and the Slave Traders.

~Chapter 17 End~

5. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 18 - Confrontation
    As I arrived in front of the castle, Oscar was there.

Oscar: I see that you made it back safely.

The three of us even Lin yawned at the same time.

Hikai: I’m still sleepy? I’ve slept for the last two days already.

Oscar: You’re not the only one. I actually wanted to take the day off but everyone just got back yesterday so I’m stuck here.

Hikai: Hahahaha, oh. I guess I’ll carry you now

Lin fell asleep while leaning on me. I put her on my back.

Oscar: Hahh. I don’t want to have a match later. I’m too sleepy for it.

Hikai: What? I just had this new move that I’m going to use against you.

Oscar: Oh? Maybe I should go get my shield for this one.

Hikai: Nonononono. Don’t do that.

Oscar: Hah? Why not? You’ll see my true power with a shield.

Hikai: We’ll do it after I can beat you without one.

Oscar: Tch, you’re no fun.

Hikai: Shut up. I want to be able to walk after a match alright?

Oscar: Anyway no match later.

Hikai: Fine.

Oscar: Oh and the Princess and the Heroes are currently in a meeting with the King so they won’t be available yet.

Hikai: Then we should just go back later then?

Oscar: Actually, someone wants to talk to you alone.

Hikai: Who is it?

Oscar: They told me not to tell you but I’m sure you have an idea on who it is.

Hikai: Yeah, I can guess. What about Lin though? Should I leave her with you?

Oscar: She is sleeping so I think it’s fine. That person wants to meet you on the same room that you talk with the Princess and the Heroes.

Hikai: That room?

Oscar: Yeah, you already know where the room is right? Only a few of us are on duty today so I won’t be able to guide you this time.

After saying goodbye to Oscar, I carried Lin and both of us went to that room. I opened the door and as expected Prince Regulus was in there waiting. I put Lin down on one of the chairs and sat face to face with the Prince.

Relugus: Welcome. Judging from your reaction you already knew about this. Did Oscar tell you?

Hikai: The others are in a meeting. The only one who would actually want to meet me in this castle other than them would be you Prince.

Regulus: Is that so? Then let’s get down to business. Can you tell me what happened with sister now?

Hikai: No.

Regulus: It’s been around 10 days now and you still won’t tell me?

Hikai: My answer won’t change.

Regulus: I see, I see. I guess I can trust you then.

Hikai: What are you talking about?

Regulus: I was testing you.

Hikai: Testing?

Regulus: Yep, I’m pretty sure you don’t know but my sister isn’t really liked inside the castle.

Regulus: My sister and I had different mothers.

Regulus: The current queen is my mother. My father when he was still a prince fell in love with another woman. He had my sister before he became a King. Sadly, the woman disappeared and it seems that father was the only one to know why then my father married my mother when he became a King.

Could that be related as to why the Princess is so fixated on the Slave Traders? As I thought about this, Princess Regulus continued.

Regulus: He told me this when I became 10 years old. That’s why I’ve always cared for my sister. In this whole castle, my sister has no allies. Even my mother is not too fond of her but she has told me that she doesn’t hate her.

Hikai: So why are you telling me this?

Regulus: Ever since you and the heroes were summoned my sister has been happier even more so when she came back with you. Well she did hate you before that though. So with all of that, I ask you again. Will you please tell me what happened?

Hikai: No.

Regulus: Here I am telling you everything but you still won’t tell me huh.

Hikai: Of course. I made a promise after all.

Regulus: Promise? She did mention such a thing as well. If that’s how it is then I will give up.

The prince then stood up and approached the door. He then put his hand on the knob and said.

Regulus: Then before I leave will you honor my request?

Hikai: If it doesn’t conflict with my promise.

The Prince smiled and as he opened the door.

Regulus: Please take care of my sister.

As the door opened a certain Princess was there with a shocked expression. The Prince passed by her and pushed her inside the room. He then closed the room and right before he closed it I replied.

I could see a smile on his face right before the door closed. Now, the Princess and I were the only ones in the room.

Hikai: How long have you been listening?

Jeanne: Eh? I guess it’s around the part when he was asking if you would tell him about something. I couldn’t hear you properly though and what was the promise that you were talking about in the end?

Hikai: Don’t worry about it. I didn’t think the Princess of a country would have a hobby of listening to others though.

Jeanne: Wha!? That’s not my hobby at all! It’s just that when I went to the gate Oscar told me about this and I wondered why the two of you were meeting. That’s all.

Hikai: So it’s his fault huh. Wait, where are the Heroes?

Jeanne: My Father had something to talk to them about the monsters around the city and I left since I didn’t really need to know.

Hikai: Why? You are the Princess right? You’re the next in line to the throne since you’re older than the Prince.

Jeanne: Eh? How should I explain?

As the Princess hesitated, I then told her that the Prince has already told me all about the story.

Jeanne: That boy really. Why is he going around telling people about that?

Hikai: Can you explain now?

Jeanne: Since you already know I guess I don’t have to hide it anymore. I am not the next in line.

Jeanne: Even though Mother has allowed me to stay in the castle she still couldn’t forget the fact that she is not my true mother and so she has asked me to step down in the line of succession.

Hikai: She asked you?

Jeanne: Yes, she does her best to be kind to me so she respects my decisions. I chose to give up on the line of succession and I declared it upon the people so everyone in this country knows that the next King would be my brother.

Hikai: I see. So that’s how it is huh.

Jeanne: My brother really worries about me too much. If I didn’t do anything I could probably just live with my brother taking care of me but I don’t want that. Even though I am not going to inherit the throne I am still the Princess of this country and I will not just sit aside and do nothing for it.

Hikai: So that’s why you are going after the Slave Traders?

As I asked her that, her expression became full of despair.

Hikai: You don’t have to say it if you don’t want to.

Jeanne: It’s fine. Please just listen.

I nodded my head and she continued.

Jeanne: You see, before father became the King I actually lived with my mother for some time. When my father became King he married his fiancée.

Hikai: Wait, he had you when he still had a fiancée?

Jeanne: Yes, it is normal for the King to have multiple wives since the bloodline must be maintained. My mother had accepted that but when my Father married and became King my mother disappeared.

Hikai: Disappeared?

Jeanne: Yes, my Father despaired and we put all of our efforts to finding where she had gone. We then found out that she was sold to slave traders.

Hikai: What!? A concubine of the King was sold off!?

Jeanne: Yes, we found out that it was the parents of the current queen. From what I’ve heard, they couldn’t accept the existence of a woman who the King fell in love and had a child with before their daughter and so they sold her off.

Hikai: What happened to them?

Jeanne: The King executed them. Thinking about it maybe the current queen also doesn’t like me since I am the cause of her Parent’s death.

Hikai: How did they manage to do that though?

Jeanne: When the King married, my mother went to their home to introduce herself as one of the King’s concubines. They drugged her and then sold her off to the Slave Traders that they knew.

Hikai: Were you able to find her?

Jeanne: No. All that we knew was that she was taken outside of the continent but we never did find out where my mother had gone. My Father and I put all of our power into stopping the Slave Traders because of that.

As I thought over her story, Lin had woken up.

Lin: Where? Jeanne?

Jeanne: Good morning Lin. Did you have a nice nap?

Lin nodded and looked towards me.

Lin: Good morning.

Hikai: We’ve already done this earlier though.

Lin tilted her head and ran towards Princess Jeanne.

Lin: Good morning.

Princess Jeanne picked up Lin and hugged her.

Hikai: We should take our seats and wait for the others I guess.

Princess Jeanne and I sat on our respective seats while Lin was sitting on Princess Jeanne’s lap.

Hikai: Princess, I know what the deal that the King had with the Slave Traders.

Princess Jeanne’s eyes widened to my statement.

Jeanne: Are you saying that Father was working with them?

Hikai: I can’t say if they were working but they did have contact with each other. Would you like me to tell you now?

Princess Jeanne shook her head sideward’s.

Jeanne: No, please tell me the same time you tell the others.

Hikai: Are you sure?

Jeanne: Why are you asking me? Isn’t that the reason why you are doing all of this in the first place?

Hikai: I did make a promise about it.

Jeanne: Then I will allow you. You have fulfilled your end of the promise.

Hikai: I understand.

Jeanne: Ah but don’t tell anyone about my circumstances.

Hikai: Eh?

Jeanne: My brother only knows half of the story. The only one other than you who knows all of this is my father so you can’t tell anyone else got it?

As Princess Jeanne smiled that was the time the heroes entered the room. They sat at their respective seats. A few maids also entered with them. They handed out plates with various cookies on them, cups and saucers and two pots. Kei whispered to one the maids and she took one of the pots and handed it to me. I held the pot which was still hot and it still had a full amount. I was confused by her action but I still poured it into my cup.

Hikai: Seriously?

What came out was water, just water. Hot water was inside the pot that she handed to me.

Everyone: Eh?

Everyone including Princess Jeanne was bewildered by what happened. I looked towards Kei and she had a smug expression again.

Hikai: Why do I never learn?

I had to finish the cup of hot water before I could finally have some tea.

Hikai: It’s time for me to tell you what I found.

Everyone focused their attention on me.

Hikai: The King made a deal with the Slave Traders.

Beatrix reacted the most, her face showed intense anger for a moment.

Hikai: He allowed them to continue as long as they would send a specific type of slaves to the castle.

Beatrix: What type of slaves?

Hikai: Demons. The King wanted Demon slaves.

~Chapter 18 End~

6. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 19 - Question
    Jeanne: Demon slaves!?

Everyone was shocked. Lin was the only one who didn’t react and was curious about everybody else.

Hikai: I asked how long they had that agreement but the man said that he just inherited their slave trading business after his father died.

Jeanne: Died? Wait, how did his father die?

Hikai: He said that he just suddenly fell and died on the spot.

Jeanne: That’s all? Did he take him to a healer?

Hikai: Yes but he didn’t make it. Why are you asking this?

Jeanne: He’s dead.

Jeanne: The guy that we caught is dead.

Hikai: How did he die?

Jeanne: The same way that you just said, he suddenly died on the spot. He dropped down right when we put him inside the prison and then he died.

Hikai: What? So now he’s dead just like his father? Then did you take a look at his body?

Jeanne: What? I didn’t look at it.

Hikai: I mean, did you know how he died?

Jeanne: Eh? Why do we need to check?

I looked toward Beatrix and she answered.

Beatrix: Unlike in our world, there isn’t really anyone who analyses people’s dead bodies so when someone dies no one really knows how that person died unless it was clearly seen.

Hikai: I see. Who’s in charge of disposing the body anyway?

Jeanne: Oscar, we currently only have a few guards on duty so they have to do a lot of work.

Hikai: I see but don’t you think that the city is defenseless?

Jeanne: Don’t worry about that. The castle is prepared for that. There is a bell that we use to inform the whole city so even if we only have a few guards on active guard duty, every single guard would know when something happens.

Hikai: How do you ring the bell?

Jeanne: I can’t tell you that.

Hikai: Of course huh. Right, what did you guys talk to the King about? I mean, Princess Jeanne did leave.

Jeanne: Hmm?

Beatrix: Should I tell you?

Beatrix looked towards Kei and the others but they didn’t reply.

Beatrix: I guess I should warn at least you. There have been sightings of Demon’s around the port the same time that we left to capture the Slave Traders.

Hikai: What? Don’t Humans and Demons generally look the same?

Beatrix: Yeah so that means that they were using magic. Now why were they using Magic and what are they going to do?

Is it related to how that man died?

Hikai: Right and if your father has Demon slaves, where exactly is he keeping all of them?

Jeanne: More things to do, I guess.

Hikai: I see so what we’ve learned is that the King is looking for Demon slaves and Demons have been sighted at the port around 3 or 4 days ago.

Beatrix: Oh and I don’t think that we can have this meeting tomorrow. The King asked us to patrol around the city since there have been Demon sightings around the city.

Hikai: No meeting tomorrow, got it.

Beatrix: Right, well then we have to go now. Since only a few guards are on active duty right now the King asked us to patrol today as well.

The four of them stood up and left the room. Only Lin, Princess Jeanne and I were left inside.

Jeanne: So my father is looking for Demon Slaves. What should I do?

I was silent as Princess Jeanne mulled over.

Jeanne: I’ve decided, I shall confront father about this. I will tell you the details at another time.

Princess Jeanne left the room and didn’t wait for my reply. Lin and I were left inside the room so we exited and went towards Oscar.

Oscar: So you’re done already?

Hikai: Yeah they had to go on patrol since only a few guards were on duty.

Oscar: Seriously, I still have half a day to go.

Hikai: I heard that you were in charge of that dead guy.

Oscar: Yeah, I was told he died this morning so I had to bring him out. We usually burn bodies on a certain place since if we don’t they could turn into undead but I didn’t have time so it’s still there.

Hikai: Can I go see it later?

Oscar: What? Why do you want to see it?

Hikai: It would be hard to explain so just don’t ask. Can I see it?

Oscar: I guess nothing bad will happen so sure.

Hikai: Can I bring someone with me?

Oscar: Hmm? Who are you bringing?

Hikai: The S-rank adventurer “Maelstrom Feyris”

Lin and I left after that and went to the house. I entered the house and Feyris was sitting in the living room.

Feyris: Hmm? You’re pretty early today. What’s up?

Hikai: You’re not drunk today?

Feyris: Do you think I’m drunk all the time?

Hikai: Just most of it.

Feyris: Well you’re not wrong with that. Hahaha! So why are you back this early?

Hikai: Can you check a dead body for me?

I explained to her what happened.

Feyris: So you want me to check how that guy died? What makes you think that I can figure that out?

Hikai: I just figured that since you have been living a long time that you would have an idea. Can you please just check it out?

Feyris: Fine, I guess I’ll drink a little bit later today.

Hikai: So you still plan to drink.

Lin stayed behind in the house and we went to the castle and met up with Oscar, he guided us to where the body is currently kept and he went back to the front gate.

Feyris: Let’s see here. Hmm?

Feyris checked over the body using magic and then she let out a strange sound.

Hikai: Did you find something?

Feyris: Not really something but there is something weird with this one.

Hikai: Weird?

Feyris: How do I explain this? It’s like his body was attacked by Magic in the inside.

Hikai: Inside?

Feyris: Yeah, it’s like a sudden surge of magic just burst in the inside. From what I could feel its delayed magic.

Hikai: Delay?

Feyris: Yeah, you see the reason why Demons are stronger than Humans is not because of their Magic but because of their Demon Energy. As a Demon, they have a specific energy available only to them. I’m pretty sure you already know since you have a contract with Lin.

I nodded to her.

Feyris: Depending on the user they can use that Magic in different ways and it seems this one can compress the magic and then it was just released and he died just like that.

Hikai: Then it’s either that they knew he was captured or that he didn’t contact them or it was put into him secretly.

Feyris: Yeah, it seems that the one who did this would be a strong Demon. It seems that they are making a move now.

Hikai: Yeah, there have been reports that Demons were sighted on the Port a few days ago.

Feyris: Really? Then judging from the time it does coincide a bit. Zack and Ester disappeared at the same time right?

Hikai: Yeah they did.

Feyris: What if this guy was trying to protect himself from the Demons using them as well as everyone he was with?

Hikai: Even if that is the case, I would still do the same thing no matter what.

Feyris: Is that so? So now what? From what I’ve gathered here that means that those Demons are currently plotting something and that they at least have someone powerful among them.

Hikai: Yeah, well I can’t really do anything though so I’ll just keep on investigating. We still don’t know why the King was looking for Demon Slaves after all.

Feyris: Right, since we’re done here I’m going to go back to the house and drink!

Hikai: See? This is why people think that you’re drunk all the time.

Feyris ignored me as she went back to the house. Since it seems that we don’t have enough time, I decided to directly ask people about the King.

Hikai: I don’t know if they’re scared or not but at least no one has told me anything bad about the King.

I walked back to Feyris’ house as the sun slowly set.

Hikai: Then why does he want the Demon Slaves? For what reason would he be looking for them?

As I went back to the house and entered, Ester and Lin were both sleeping on the sofa while Zack was reading a book.

Hikai: Where’s Feyris?

Zack: She’s in her room. She said something about looking into something and I didn’t really ask her about it.

I sat in front of Zack as Lin and Ester were hugging each other sleeping.

Hikai: Any news?

Zack: Nothing really.

Hikai: I see. Hey Zack, I heard that Demons were sighted around the Port a few days ago so be careful alright?

Zack: Huh? Aren’t you the one who should be careful? You’re the one who’s always running into trouble after all.

Hikai: I can’t really deny that.

Zack: You shouldn’t. Seriously, how many times are you going to drag all of us into your troubles until you’re satisfied?

Hikai: It’s not my fault that you guys helped me out before now is it?

Zack: That’s true.

Zack then leaned back on the chair and stared at the ceiling for a bit. He then started to talk again.

Zack: Someday, I want to leave this city.

Zack: I’m still weak compared to everyone except for you. I’ve asked Master about how she got strong and all she told me was experience.

Ester: Mmmm. Me too, I’m still weak compared to master. Yawn.

Ester woke up while the two of us were talking.

Zack: That’s why I want to leave this city, so that I can experience a lot more.

Ester: Me too! I want to go around the world!

Lin: Noisy.

Lin woke up as Ester shouted.

Ester: Ah. Sorry Little Lin, I didn’t mean to wake you up.

Lin: Okay.

Lin looked towards all of us.

Hikai: Are you wondering what we were talking about?

Lin nodded when I asked her.

Hikai: Zack and Ester were talking about how they want to leave this city someday.

Lin tilted her head then she stood up and pulled Zack’s hand.

Zack: What are you doing?

Then she pulled Ester’s hand and put them on top of each other.

Ester: What’s this Little Lin?

Lin: Hand.

Lin looked towards me and I put my hand on top of theirs as well.

Lin: Together.

As she said that, she put her hand on top of ours.

As I finally understood what she was doing, Zack and Ester also understood what was going on.

Ester: Then why don’t we do this like Hikai?

Hikai: Like me?

Zack: I guess its fine once in a while.

Lin: Right.

The three of them seemed to understand but I was still out of the loop.

Zack, Ester and Lin: It’s a promise.

The three of them said in unison and I was shocked. I smiled to them.

Hikai: Right, a promise that one day all of us would travel the world together.

The four of us made a promise on this day.

~Chapter 19 End~

7. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 20 - Normal
    Ester went home while the three of us slept after dinner.

Feyris: It’s time to pla- I mean train today.

Hikai: I just heard you say play! You said play right!?

Feyris: Ha! Ha! Ha! Here we go!

Hikai: AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

After pla- I mean training with Feyris she talked to me.

Feyris: I have something to tell you about yesterday.

Hikai: You mean about the Demon’s Magic?

Feyris: Yeah, I couldn’t help but think that I’ve seen that Magic before so I couldn’t really have a drink last night.

Hikai: So that’s why Zack was relaxing in the Living room.

Feyris: I finally remembered. That Magic was from the Demon Strategist.

Hikai: Strategist?

Feyris: Yeah, you see there are six people who are currently the strongest among the Demon’s other than the Demon King himself.

Hikai: There are six of them?

Feyris: Yeah, I’ll spare you their names except for one. Akari.

Hikai: Akari?

Feyris: That is the name of the leader of the Demon King’s army.

Akari? That’s a Japanese name right? Does that mean she’s like us?

Feyris: From what I’ve heard no one truly knows who she is or where she came from. The only thing that I could find out was that she was the Demon Queen’s best friend.

Hikai: Hmm? She was friends with the Queen?

Feyris: Yeah, before the Queen died she didn’t participate in any of the battles so almost no information is known about her.

Hikai: So the Demon Queen is dead.

Feyris: Yeah, wait nobody told you?

Feyris: So that’s how it was. Did you know how the war between the Humans and the Demons started?

I shook my head.

Feyris: Then you should know. The first one who attacked was the Humans.

Hikai: What!?

Feyris: And on that first attack, the Demon Queen was killed.

Hikai: Are you absolutely sure?

Feyris: Yeah, Ranga and I were involved in that fight after all.

Hikai: And that’s how you know the Demon’s Magic since you fought them first hand.

Feyris: I don’t know what the King was thinking at the time but they were the ones who attacked first. It was a intense battle, the only reason that the Humans won was because the Queen was killed.

Hikai: How was she killed exactly?

Feyris: As the battle raged on, the Demon Queen finally decided to step in. She slowly but surely walked to the battlefield.

Feyris looked at a distance.

Feyris: I couldn’t help but stare at her. Everyone, even all the Humans were stunned and stared at her. She then started to speak but one of the soldiers panicked and attacked her before she could say a word.

Feyris then looked down and immense sadness appeared on her face.

Feyris: She didn’t even fight back. The soldier stabbed her through the heart. Even a Demon would die by getting stabbed in the heart. She raised both of her hands and stretched them sidewards and then she finally spoke.

Feyris copied what she described and then.

Feyris: She shouted “Please stop fighting! There is no benefit to this!” after she shouted, Akari was first one to get to her. I never really knew what she talked to her about but then the Queen’s arms then fell to her side and she stopped moving.

Feyris then sat back down.

Feyris: The first one to move was the Human King. He suddenly shouted to retreat as he saw the scene. The Demon King also called for their retreat. As the two armies tried to retreat one person didn’t allow them to.

I gulped as she said that. I could see seriousness in Feyris’ eyes.

Feyris: Akari stood up and cut the soldier in half. I couldn’t even see her blade at all. She then continued to slaughter every single thing that came near her, Humans and Demons alike.

Feyris: It was horrible. Every single thing that came near her was cut down with no exception. Neither Ranga nor I could even see how she killed everyone. The battlefield was a mix of blood and tears.

Hikai: Tears?

Feyris: As she slaughtered every single thing, she was crying. She was crying so loudly and so intensely that no one could say anything. Then when there was no one who was around her she then took one step. A single step towards us. That was when Ranga and I faced her.

Hikai: Wait, both of you fought her?

Feyris: Yeah, at that time Ranga and I were very confident on ourselves. We thought that we were the strongest. Even though we still weren’t S-rank adventurers back then both of us thought that it was just about time before we reached that rank.

Hikai: You did reach the rank though?

Feyris: That was all because of that fight. Everyone including us feared Akari. No one was able to stop her at that time. I remember what I felt when I faced her off. I couldn’t accept it. How can a person this strong exist? There’s no way she could exist! That was what went through our heads as we faced her.

Ranga: Yeah, we sure were stupid back then.

That was also the time that Ranga went to the courtyard. He also sat down and the three of us were facing each other.

Ranga: We fought her. Actually that wasn’t even a fight. We were destroyed by her. Both of us together, we thought we could do anything and then suddenly one person just destroyed it all in one go.

Feyris: That was a serious lesson for us.

Hikai: How did you survive then?

Feyris: Every single Magic that I used against her was slashed. None of them could even hit her. She destroyed every single one.

Ranga: Then while she was slashing it all down was the time I chose to attack. It didn’t even take her a second to slash me but her sword broke. The weird sword that she was using broke.

Hikai: Weird sword?

Ranga: Yeah, it was a pretty long sword but it was curved. It was a long curved sword.

A long curved sword? Like a Katana? Then is she also like us and was summoned to this world?

Ranga: When it broke she suddenly stopped. It looked like she regained her senses. She looked around and saw everything and she wailed. She cried again and shouted. The Human army and the Demon army had retreated already and only the three of us were left on the battlefield.

Feyris: The both of us just watched as she wailed and when she stopped she then turned around and said “Sorry” even now we still didn’t know who she was telling it to. Was it to her friend who died? Was it to the soldiers that she killed?

Ranga: Because of that, both of us worked harder than before and that was when we became S-rank. We never forgot what happened back then.

Feyris: How can we forget? Those two are just like us you know?

Ranga: That’s true but at least those two weren’t as overconfident as we are.

Hikai: Wait, if the Demon Queen was killed why did the Humans retreat?

The two of them were shocked by my question.

Feyris: Now that you mention it, why did the King order the retreat?

Ranga: By killing the Demon Queen, the Humans had the advantage so why did they retreat?

As the three of us mulled over it, Ranga was the first one to talk.

Ranga: Argh! We can’t do anything about that so let’s just forget about it. Hikai, we have training to do!

Feyris: Hah… Oh well.

Feyris went back the house as Ranga trained me and after a while in training.

Ranga: You’re reacting well.

As Ranga trained me, he talked to me.

Ranga: That’s good. I can see your progress. Then how about a test? Stand over there and try to dodge my attack.

Hikai: Yes.

Ranga and I stood face to face and then I could feel an intense pressure. Pressure unlike anything I’ve felt before.

Ranga: I see.

I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t think. As Ranga stared at me, my body refused to move. Then he moved and I saw myself killed.

Ranga: There.

The only thing I saw was a fist. The tip of his knuckle was touching my nose.

Ranga: So you could feel it. That’s good.

As Ranga relaxed, I could feel my body released from its constraints. I fell and sat on the ground breathing heavily.

Hikai: What… *pant* was…… *pant that?

Ranga: That was killing intent.

HIkai: Killing intent?

Ranga: Yeah, when I fought against her that was what I felt. Like every part of my body wasn’t mine. Her anger was so intense that it was like I was slashed into a million pieces. Remember that feeling, that will definitely save you one day.

Hikai: So that was killing intent.

Ranga: Right you should train yourself in this. So for the rest of the lesson, I want you to stand there and do nothing.

Hikai: Nothing?

Ranga: Yeah do nothing,

I wondered why then same sensation assaulted me once again as I faced Ranga. We repeated the process the whole time.

After a massive experience in killing intent, I walked around the city to cool my head off.

Woodsmith: Oi Kid!

Too many stuff happened. The Humans were the ones who started this war. The Demon Queen was killed. The magic of the strongest demon was detected here in the capital.

Woodsmith: Can’t you hear me Kid?

What should I do? Should I tell them what just happened? But they aren’t here today so I can’t really meet them. Should I tell the princess?

Woodsmith: Stop ignoring me!

Someone grabbed my shoulder and as I looked back I saw the woodsmith.

Woodsmith: I finally got you.

Hikai: What is it?

Woodsmith: Do you have any more of that Magic Wood that you brought me before?

Hikai: Why?

Woodsmith: If you don’t can I request for you to get me some.

Hikai: Wasn’t it expensive?

Woodsmith; Don’t worry, I can pay this time. Here, look at this. I just put a copy on the guild so you should go there to accept it.

Hikai: I’ll see what I can do.

Woodsmith: Thanks a lot, kid.

The woodsmith left and I went to the guild. I took the same request and brought it to Frank who was there.

Frank: Oh it’s you. What is it this time?

He took the paper.

Frank: This again?

Hikai: Is the reward right for the request?

Frank: Well, it’s pretty low but it is still within the range so it’s fine. So are you still accepting the quest?

Hikai: Yeah, I guess I will.

Frank: Right, well then goodnight.

Frank layed his head down on the counter once again.

Hikai: I’m going now.

This time the only one going was me. Zack was not in the house while Ester was spending time with Lin so I was alone. As I walked towards the tree, Magicae appeared.

Magicae: What’s going on?

I wondered what she was talking about and we reached the same place as before but then.

Hikai: What happened here?

Magicae: I’m not sure but I can feel something bad.

The tree had withered and only a black clump was left.

~Chapter 20 End~

8. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 21 - Contract
    Hikai: What happened to the tree?

Magicae went towards the tree and looked at it.

Magicae: Is this Miasma?

Hikai: Miasma?

Magicae: Yeah, this is caused by Demon Energy.

Hikai: Demon Energy can do this? So does that mean that I can also do this?

Magicae: No, Miasma is a type of Ailment magic but this one was enhanced by Demon energy but why this tree?

That was when the ground shook and the ground turned black.

Magicae: Oh no! The miasma is affecting the ground around the tree! Run!

As Magicae shouted, I tried to run away but I was still too late. The ground beneath me crumbled and i fell inside.

Hikai: Ahhhhh!!!

Magicae: Seriously!? Oh well, let’s go!

I fell underground as Magicae followed after me.

Hikai: Woah!

I used the Pole to lighten my fall even just by a bit. I was able to stop myself momentarily but I still hit the ground hard.

Hikai: Damn, that hurts. Magicae?

I looked around me but Magicae was nowhere to be seen nor heard.

Hikai: That means that there are others here then.

As the dust settled I could finally see what was around me. There were around 5 men on my right and a really big tree on my left.

Man: Who are you!?

One of the Men talked to me.

Man 2: We don’t need to know! We can’t let anyone know that we’re here. Kill him!

3 of the men rushed towards me, they all had one sword while the two men behind them were holding staffs. I picked up the Pole and prepared myself for a fight. The two men behind them used fireball and attacked me.

I absorbed the Magic and the men were surprised. I wanted to release the fireballs but my Magic Release is still Level 2 so I decided not to. They stopped running towards me as they gazed at me so I used the opportunity to attack.

Hikai: Hah!

I hit one of the men with the Pole with a overhead strike then I spun around and hit is abdomen with all my might. The men finally noticed and rushed towards me. I tried to attack as well but the other two used fireball once again.

Hikai: Damn, Absorb!

As I absorbed the fireballs, the two men attacked. I was able to block one of them but the other was able to slash me. My HP went down to 60 %. I jumped back and I put some distance between us. The big tree was behind me.

Hikai: What are you doing here?

As the man that I hit with the Pole recovered I decided to ask them.

Man: We don’t need to tell you Human.

Hikai: So you’re Demons.

Demon: Hmph. I don’t know what you are talking about.

So they won’t say huh. They are obviously Demons though. I didn’t really notice earlier but those two behind them are showing their Demon characteristics after all.

Hikai: What are you plotting?

Demon: I told you we don’t know what you’re talking about.

Hikai: Why aren’t they attacking?

As I talked while whispering a voice suddenly talked to me.

Girl: They’re afraid of us.

I panicked as I heard the voice and I looked around. I turned around and that was the time that the Demons decided to attack.

Girl: I’m very sorry. Here let us help.

As I was still looking for the girl, I noticed the Demons attacking once again. They did the same thing they did before so I absorbed the fireballs but this time the 3 men didn’t stop. I prepared myself to fight but then a wall made of wood suddenly sprouted in front of me.

As I was surprised by what happened.

Man: Leave.

This time it was a Man’s voice but unlike the Girl, this one talked to everyone inside.

Demon: Retreat!

The man shouted and the Men disappeared. The wall of wood then went underground and I was left with the big tree. That was also the time that Magicae decided to appear.

Magicae: What a interesting thing to meet here.

Man: She’s talking about me Human.

The Man once again spoke.

Girl: He’ll have a hard time knowing if you don’t even move Grandpa.

A girl then appeared beside the Tree. She had vines covering most of her body.

Man: Is that so? I sincerely apologize Human.

The tree moved and faced towards me.

Man: I believe that I must introduce myself. I am called Maxim and I am a treant.

Girl: My name is Diana! I am a dryad and I am with my Grandfather!

As I finally recovered from my shock, I answered both of them.

Hikai: Oh! I am named Raimei Hikai and thank you for helping me.

Maxim: No need to thank me Human. Thank my granddaughter. She’s the one who asked me to help you after all.

Diana: I was the one who did it!

Hikai: Thank you very much.

Diana: It’s fine! You treated us with respect so I am just returning the favor!

Hikai: Respect?

Magicae: I’m sure you didn’t realize but she’s the one who gave you those branches you know?

Diana: That’s right! Grandpa can’t control his Magic anymore so I was taking care of the trees that were affected by them. I’ve heard a lot of stories about Human’s greed so when you appeared I was pretty worried but you tried to not take too much so I gave you some instead!

Magicae: They are mostly true you know? You just got lucky with this one.

Magicae pointed at me.

Diana: Eh? Is that right? Anyway, there weren’t any Human’s who approached after that so I guess we were really lucky huh!?

Maxim: Diana, calm down.

Diana: Yes Grandfather.

Diana lowered her head.

Hikai: Why were the Demon’s here?

Maxim: I do not know.

Diana: I think they were here for us Grandfather.

Maxim: Why do you know that Diana?

Diana: I heard them using the Tree’s when they were walking over here.

Hikai: Can you hear everything with a tree?

Diana: Hmm? No but when it’s infused with Grandpa’s Magic that’s when I can use it like that.

Hikai: I see. What did they talk about?

Diana: I heard that they were going to take the weird Magic that was lingering around here. I guess that would be us?

Magicae: Weird Magic! hahahaha!

Diana: You don’t have to laugh at that!

Maxim: Calm down.

Diana: Ah, yes Grandfather. Let me continue then they said that they should hurry since the Plan was going to start soon.

Hikai: Soon? I should hurry and go tell them!

I tried to run to where the Demons ran since that was the only exit I could think of but a wall of wood suddenly appeared in front of me.

Maxim: Calm down Human. Diana is not done talking to you.

Diana: You should probably not leave yet. I can still feel them over there after all. You should stay here until then.

Magicae: Unless of course you want to fight them again?

Hikai: Fine but I’m getting pretty hungry. What should I do for food?

Diana: Oh! Then take these!

Diana gave me different types of fruits.

Hikai: Eh? Where did you get them?

Diana: I grew them myself!

She puffed out her chest as she said that. I settled down and finally remembered what brought me here in the first place.

Hikai: Why did that tree end up like that?

Diana: Eh? Which tree are you talking about?

Hikai: The tree that you gave me the branches.

Diana: Hmm? I can’t feel it. What happened to that tree? I’m going to go check okay?

Diana disappeared.

Magicae: When are you planning to tell her?

Magicae then said it to Maxim.

Maxim: It seems that I can hide it no longer.

As I wondered what they were talking about, Diana appeared once again.

Diana: Grandpa! What are you doing!?

Maxim: So you have noticed.

Diana: Please stop it! You will die if you continue!

Hikai: What? What’s going on?

Magicae: Maxim is about to die.

As Diana argued with Maxim, Magicae talked to me.

Magicae: You remember the Miasma right?

I nodded to her.

Magicae: Maxim and Diana are connected through their Magic so if one of them is affected then both of them would feel it’s effect. Miasma is a deadly ailment that can kill anything which is why Maxim is currently preventing it from affecting Diana by taking it all to himself.

Hikai: Then I-

Magicae: Don’t bother. Miasma is Level 7 in Ailment magic.

Hikai: Does that mean that I can’t do anything but watch him die?

I received no answer from Magicae.

Diana: No! Don’t die Grandfather!

I looked towards them as Diana shouted, I could see that some parts of Maxim were turning purple. As I saw his body slowly turn purple, I also felt despair.

Maxim: Human.

As I wallowed in my uselessness, Maxim called out to me. I approached him and sat in front of him. Diana was still clinging to him and crying.

Maxim: Can you bring my Granddaughter to the Ancient Continent?

Diana: No! Why?! You can go with me Grandfather!

Maxim: No, please Human. Can you promise me?

Hikai: Promise?

Maxim: I do not have time left. Can you do this old man a favor?

As Maxim talked about a promise, I remembered my conversations with Princess Jeanne and Beatrix. As I finally understood what they meant, I cried. I couldn’t stop my tears from pouring anymore.

Maxim: Human.

So this is the weight of a promise. A promise to someone who is about to die, I was stupid. So stupid, how could I not realize it? How could I be so stupid!?

Diana: No! No! No! You have to stay with me Grandfather!

Can I? Do I have the resolve to uphold such a promise?

Maxim: Please Human, I beg of you.

I could hear Maxim’s voice quiver. I could feel the sadness from his voice alone. Even though I don’t believe that I can take it, I decided.

I could barely squeeze the words out from my throat.

Maxim: Thank you.

As he said that, Maxim then glowed. Yellow balls of light surround us and then a wave of Magic surged from Maxim.

Diana: Grandfather!!!

Magicae: So that’s the path that he chose.

As the wave of Magic stopped, only a bundle of branches was left.

~Chapter 21 End~

9. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 22 - Portray
    Diana: Grandfather!

As the branches were left on the ground, Diana and I were both crying.

Hikai: So it’s like this.

Heavy, the weight of this promise is heavy. A promise upon death, if I didn’t accept would Maxim have lived a little longer? Is it my fault that he died right here and now?

Magicae: It’s fine. You did what you can.

As I sat down and hung my head, Magicae hugged me and brushed my hair.

Magicae: Just cry it all out. Don’t hold it in.

As she said that, more tears flowed and it would be quite some time until Diana and I would stop crying.

Diana: Grandfather.

I don’t know how long it took but Diana’s cries stopped. She sat motionless while staring at the branches. I had stopped a while back but I still haven’t moved a bit since then.

Magicae: Go, Hikai. Receive Maxim’s last gift to you.

Magicae pushed me. I looked towards her and she pointed at the branches. I stood up and walked weakly towards it. As I stared at it, I sat down beside Diana and reached out but.

Hikai: Kh.

I tried to reach out but the weight of my promise was preventing me from grabbing it.

Magicae: Hikai! Don’t be afraid! Fight!

Magicae shouted at me but I still couldn’t move. I stared at the branches and couldn’t move but then a hand held mine.

Diana: It’s okay. Grandfather wanted this.

Diana with tears in her eyes grabbed hold of hand and she brought it near the branches. All I had to do was to clench my fist.

Magicae: It’s alright if it’s heavy. It’s okay if it’s hard. There will always be people who will help you through it all.

Diana: That’s right. We’re here with you.

As they told me that, I grabbed hold of a branch and I could feel Magic flow through my body.

Diana: Eh? So that means that we’re connected now? So that’s what you were doing Grandfather.

As I could feel the Magic flow through my body, I cried once again.

Diana: Are you okay now?

Hikai: I can manage but what about you?

Diana: I am not okay at all.

Diana shook her head sidewards with a sad smile on her face.

Diana: But I have to go on. Grandpa wouldn’t want me to stop moving forward after all.

Hikai: I see. Hey, what happened back there?

Diana: Hmm. How do I explain this?

Magicae: Let me do it then!

After a long time of silence, Magicae spoke.

Magicae: You got a new skill.

Hikai: A new skill?

Magicae: Yep! Although you can’t really use it but it’s not that type of skill so it’s fine. Its name is “Friend of the Forest”.

Hikai: Friend of the Forest?

Magicae: Yes! It’s a skill which lets you interact with beings of the Forest.

Diana: Like me.

Magicae: This means that the beings that this can apply to will instantly know that you are a person who can be trusted and they may even lend you their power if you really need it.

Hikai: Does that mean that I can have their help in fighting?

Magicae: Hmm. I don’t think so. They are a pretty passive bunch so I don’t think they’ll help if it results in hurting others.

Diana: That’s where I come in, I guess.

Magicae: That’s right.

Diana: I can help you fight is what I mean. We can only help you if you are using something that has our magical property within it. Luckily the Pole you currently have has that magical property so I can help you with it although if you can use Grandfather’s branches it could be much stronger.

Hikai: His branches? So that’s why!

Magicae: Yep! Maxim saw you using a Pole so he used the last of his power to give you his branches so that you can them to create another weapon.

Hikai: But are you sure? Don’t you want to keep those branches instead of giving them to me?

I asked Diana but she shook her head.

Diana: No. Grandfather wanted you to have them so I’m going to give them to you. Besides, I’ll be staying inside the weapon anyway so I would still be with him no matter what.

Hikai: Inside the weapon?

Diana: Like this.

Diana then disappeared inside the Pole that I was using. She then reappeared again after that.

Diana: What? I can’t feel any Magic from you. Why is that?

Hikai: It’s a long story but do you want to listen?

Diana: Yes!

I told Diana everything that happened until now.

Diana: EH!? You’re the God of magic!? I am very sorry for not being respectful to you!

Diana panicked as she heard the story.

Magicae: That’s right! Worship me! For I am the great Magicae! Hahahaha!

Hikai: Stop it.

I hit her on the head afterwards.

Hikai: You don’t have to worship her. She doesn’t do anything need worshipping after all.

Magicae pulled downed her eye and stuck her tongue out. She disappeared afterwards.

Hikai: See?

Diana: Hahaha.

I continued the story after that. I finished giving her the general outline.

Diana: So that means that you can’t use magic without absorb. Now this would be a problem.

Hikai: Yeah I thought so.

Diana: Well it’s not like it would be any different anyway. I mean you would need to be able to pour magic inside the thing for me to be able to use it. Although I could probably try to pour magic in it but it would be very slow.

Hikai: I guess we really don’t have a choice about that. Wait, you’re going to go with me?

Diana tilted her head.

Diana: Didn’t Grandfather tell you that?

Hikai: But I don’t know when I’ll be going to that Ancient Continent place. Where is it anyway?

Diana: I’m not sure. I was born and raised here by Grandfather this whole time after all.

That was also the time that Magicae decided to appear.

Magicae: It’s across the sea.

Hikai: Across the sea?

Magicae: Yep, you would need to use a boat or fly to get there.

Hikai: Then I can’t go there yet. I still have a lot to do here.

Diana: It’s fine. I’ll go where you go!

Hikai: Are you sure?

Diana: Yep! Grandfather would be happier if I was with someone I could trust after all.

Hikai: I see. Thanks.

Diana: Well then. I’m going to go inside the Pole now. I can’t feel those guys anymore so I think it’s okay for you to go through there now. I’ll try to gather some Magic as well!

Diana disappeared afterwards.

Magicae: That kid is strong.

Hikai: Yeah, much stronger than me.

Magicae: We should go back then.

Hikai: Right.

Magicae and I followed the path that the Demons took after we fought. As we reached outside we saw the scenery.

Hikai: That’s the sunrise? Wait, I spent all night here!?

Magicae: That’s right. You guys were crying way too long in there.

Hikai: Shut up.

As we exited the cave, I sat down and leaned on one of the trees.

Magicae: You’ve got another person to take care of huh.

Hikai: More like, she’s taking care of me.

Magicae: You may not know it but that girl is younger than you.

Hikai: She’s younger huh.

Magicae: Yeah so even if she acts mature she’s still a kid deep down so don’t forget that alright?

Hikai: Yeah, I won’t forget.

Magicae: Good!

After rsting fir a while, we walked back to the city. As we neared the front gate, Magicae disappeared.

Hikai: Yawn, maybe I should go back to the house?

Since it was early in the morning already, I decided to go to the Woodsmith first.

Woodsmith: Oh! You’re back boy.

Hikai: Yeah, here.

The Woodsmith took a look at the branches.

Woodsmith: What the hell are these!? They’re way higher quality than the ones that you showed me before! I don’t think I can buy these.

Hikai: I see. I wasn’t selling them anyway.

Woodsmith: If you weren’t selling them, why are you showing them to me?

Hikai: I want you to make a Pole. Not just any Pole but the best one you can make and I want you to make it using all of this.

Woodsmith: All of it? Are you sure? You don’t want to leave anything?

Hikai: All of it. I want the best one possible.

As I stared at him, he finally nodded his head.

Woodsmith: Alright, with my pride on the line I will make the best Pole you’ve ever seen!

Hikai: Thanks. How long do you think it will take?

Woodsmith: Hmm. The branches itself already are fixed to be one so the main problem would be the regulation of the branches itself. How it would fit with each other and how I would connect them all. Since I’ve never worked on this kind of wood I would guess 10 days.

Hikai: 10 days. Got it.

Woodsmith: Will that girl be the one to take it again when it’s finished?

Hikai: Depends on who gets here first.

Woodsmith: Alright. I’ll get it done kid. This would be the greatest work that I will make, I assure you!

I said goodbye to the Woodsmith and as I walked back to the house I passed by the main street.

Hikai: What? Is there a parade?

There were soldiers lined up from the front gate to the castle. It seems that they were just getting into position just now. I saw Oscar as he was walking back to the castle. I talked to him.

Hikai: Oscar, what’s going on?

Oscar: Ah? Can we talk later? I only got off duty just now so I want to sleep.

Hikai: Can you just tell me before you go?

Oscar: Fine. If I remember correctly, Demons would be coming in later.

Hikai: Demons?

Oscar: Apparently the soldiers were able to catch the Demons that were at the port.

Oscar: You done? Then I’m going to sleep now.

Hikai: Yeah good night.

Since I was exhausted I didn’t really think that much about it. As I reached the house Lin ran to me and hugged me.

Lin: Where?

Lin looked up to me worried as I came back.

Hikai: Sorry I’m late. Can we talk later? I still haven’t slept yet.

Lin: Me too.

Hikai: What? You haven’t slept too?

Lin: Waiting.

It seems that she was waiting for me to get back.

Hikai: Alright let’s go sleep now.

The two of us went to my room to sleep. As I fell asleep, I finally remembered everything.

Hikai: Wait! Demons were caught!?

Lin: Noisy.

As I realized what was going on a huge explosion suddenly happened in the distance.

Hikai: That direction’s from the castle!

The Demon’s attack has now finally commenced.

~Chapter 22 End~

10. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 23 - Siege
    I could hear fighting in the distance. Only Lin and I are in the house right now.

Hikai: Lin, they are Demons so do you want to go with them?

Lin: No. Stay.

So Lin wants to stay. What should we do?

Man: Search this house!

We heard a man’s voice from the front of the house. The house is built were the stairs are at the back of the house. The door to the courtyard behind is literally at the bottom of the stairs while the front door has a corridor where the first room would be the living room and every other room.

Hikai: Don’t speak Lin.

Lin nodded to me. I took the Pole and put it on my back. As we went down, I saw at least one man looking inside the living room. Lin and I exited the room through the courtyard.

Man: Catch them!

The man saw us as we escaped. They chased after us.

Hikai: Damn it. What do we do?

We ran around the city. Everywhere Human’s and Demon’s were fighting. Although the Demons were currently winning since they had the first attack.

Hikai: I haven’t seen anyone yet. Should I escape outside the city?

As Lin and I were hiding in a alley, a man found us.

Man: Human, Die!

The man raised his hand.

Man: Waterfall!

A mass of water fell on me.

I absorbed the Magic then I rushed the man and hit his face with the Pole.

Hikai: Alright, come on Lin.

Lin and I kept running. We arrived in front of the castle.

Oscar: Damn it! I thought I could finally sleep!

I heard Oscar yell as he fought one of the Demons.

I hit one of the Demons from behind. There were around 5 guards on the castle gate including Oscar and there were 10 demons who were fighting them. Oscar and the others were able to fight them only because the Demons were only trying to get through the gate and not destroying the castle.

Hikai: Oscar!

Oscar finally noticed me and we fought together against the Demons.

There were 6 of us excluding Lin and we were facing off the 9 men. Lin used her magic to bind most of the men. One of them used Thunder strike so I absorbed it.

Hikai: Tch. Hah!

I was able to hit one of the men and knocked them out. Some of the guards and demons died but the only ones left awake were Oscar, Lin and I.

Oscar: Damn it.

Hikai: You alright?

Lin: Heal.

Lin healed Oscar and I. She also healed both the guards and demons that were only knocked unconscious.

Oscar: Thanks.

Hikai: Do you know what happened?

Oscar: The demons that were captured suddenly attacked. They took out most of the guards. The ones who were fighting right now are the guards who weren’t lined up at the front gate.

Hikai: What about the heroes?

Oscar: The heroes were patrolling outside when they attacked so I don’t know if they got back.

Hikai: So most probably some of the demons are currently stopping the Heroes huh.

Oscar: Hikai, I need you to find the princess as well.

Oscar: The Demons who attacked were able to enter the castle. The princess used herself as bait in order to make them chase her. Some of the knights were also with her as the demons chased after her. Then we let the citizens take refuge inside the castle.

Hikai: Why don’t the demons just destroy the castle walls?

Oscar: The castle walls has high magic resistance so most of them won’t be able to do any damage to it.

Hikai: Right, what about the King and the others?

Oscar: All of them are currently inside the castle.

Hikai: So Princess Jeanne was the only one who ran out.

Oscar: Yeah, the soldiers tried to stop her but all she said was that “Don’t worry about me. A promise will keep me alive.”

That was the time another 3 demons attacked us.

Oscar: Anyway, leave the front gate to me.

Hikai: Why don’t we make the odds better?

Oscar: What?

I rushed to one of the guards that were dead. I pulled the shield that he currently had.

Hikai: Catch!

Oscar: What!?

Hikai: Run away!

I carried Lin and ran away as fast as I can. We were now near the front gate.

Hikai: Now then, where is the Princess.

Lin: Look.

Lin then pointed towards outside the city gate. We saw the heroes facing off against 20 demons. Behind them were also demons who ere either knocked out or dead. The four of them looked exhausted.

Hikai: Lin, how many can you bind?

Lin raised all of her fingers.

Hikai: So ten. Alright, when we exit the gate I want you to bind all of the demons that are farthest from us. Can you do that?

Lin nodded her head and we slowly approached the front gate.

Beatrix: They chose the perfect time huh.

As the four of them were slightly out of breath, Lin and I were at the front gate. I looked towards Lin and nodded to her. I rushed towards the demons.

Hikai: Beatrix! Attack!

They noticed us. Around half of the demons looked back to me while the rest were suddenly hit by bind magic. The heroes didn’t miss the opportunity.

I swung the pole sideward’s and knocked two out. Kei used her twin swords to slash five of them while Ryuji used his knuckles to punch three of them. Beatrix used her bow and shot 4 of them in the head while Takeshi used one large Magic spell to knock away the remaining 6.

Beatrix: Hikai! What’s going on?

Hikai: The demons are invading.

Beatrix: What!?

Hikai: You should go to th-

Lin: Ah!

I suddenly heard Lin’s voice and I saw two demons attacking her.

Hikai: Stop!

I rushed towards them but I was too late. Lin lost consciousness and the demons tried to finish the job.

Hikai: HAHHHHH!

I used the pole and hit one of them on the leg. Then I hit the other one on the waist and both of them couldn’t attack Lin. Then both of their heads were pierced with arrows.

Beatrix: Is she alright!?

Hikai: Yeah, she only fell unconscious.

All of us were now by the city gate.

Beatrix: What do we do now?

Beatrix talked to the others.

Hikai: Hey, can you bring Lin to the castle?

Beatrix: What? Why?

Hikai: Apparantly the citizens are there hiding so I want you to take her there also Oscar is the only one left defending it so he needs your help.

Beatrix: Then you should come with us! You’re in no condition to fight.

Hikai: Sorry but I still have something to do. Please take her to the castle.

Beatrix: Bu-

Before Beatrix could speak I ran towards the city once again.

Hikai: I’m leaving her with you!

Beatrix: Wai-

I didn’t wait for her. As I kept running I saw Zack and Ester.

Hikai: Zack! Ester!

Zack: Stop! Don’t come closer!

As I arrived on the scene, I saw that they were facing against a demon. He had a huge bodybuilder body. He also had a gigantic sword.

Demon: More of you?

Ester: Don’t come near, Hikai! He’s way too strong!

The both of them were on one knee facing off against the behemoth of a man.

Demon: Hmph.

The demon then proceeded to attack the two of them. I rushed to block his sword.

Zack: Don’t!

Ester: Stop!

I tried to block it using the pole.

Demon: Weakling.

I couldn’t prepare myself for the impact and it threw me through the air. I was able to block the slash but his strength was too much. The Pole broke and I was flung away from their battle.

Zack & Ester: Hikai!

I couldn’t see what happened after that. I landed a few buildings away. I saw that my HP was now only 5%.

Hikai: It wasn’t even a direct hit but he already did that much damage?

As I tried to stand up a huge wave of magic suddenly assaulted me.

Feyris: Is that you Hikai?

I saw Feyris facing off against a female demon. Both of them had the same physique.

Demon: Oh? Oh? Who’s this boy? Is this yours?

Feyris: I don’t own him Demon.

Demon: Oh? Then it’s fine if I take him right?

Feyris: Just you dare.

The two of them were competing on pure magic power. I approached Feyris as much as I can. She then whispered to me.

Feyris: The Princess ran that way. You should go after her.

I nodded my head to her.

Demon: Oh? What are you guys talking about?

The Demon then released more magic.

Feyris: Tch. Hurry!

I ran towards the direction that Feyris pointed to.

Demon: Aw. He’s gone. Oh well, I’ll just take my time with him later.

Feyris: Don’t think that I’ll let you do that Demon.

The two were keeping each other on check as I ran away.

Jeanne: Kya!

I heard the Princess’ voice as I exited the alley. I ran and then I saw the knights and demons. Most of them were knocked our or dead but there were still 3 demons while only 1 guard was left.

Knight: Please stay behind me Princess.

Jeanne: You don’t have to kill them! They’re already powerless!

Demon: We can’t let them attack later so of course we’ll kill them all.

The demons then attacked. One of the demons charged towards the Knight while the other two chanted Magic. I rushed towards them.

I hit both of their legs with the pole. The two of them fell to their knees and then I hit the both of them on the back of their head.

Jeanne: Hikai!

Knight: Tch, you! Help the Princess escape!

Hikai: Then you should come with us!

The knight urged me to escape with the Princess as he fought the remaining demon.

Knight: Are you stupid!? There are more of them coming so run away already!

As he defeated the demon, more of them came around the opposite alley.

Hikai: Tch.

Knight: Hurry!

There were around 5 more demons who appeared. I pulled the Princess and we ran out of there.

Jeanne: Please be safe.

I was now escaping the Demons with the Princess.

~Chapter 23 End~

11. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 24 - Hiding
    The Princess and I were hiding in one of the alleys in the city.

Hikai: Why did you go this way? This is literally the opposite side of the city gates.

Jeanne: The Demons were coming in from the gates as well so I decided to move inside.

Hikai: Right, what should we do now?

Jeanne: Can you tell me what is going on?

I explained to Princess Jeanne what is currently going on to the places where I passed to get here.

Jeanne: So Oscar and the heroes are guarding the castle while Feyris, Zack and Ester are currently fighting some strong demons.

As Princess Jeanne analyzed the situation I noticed that my HP had recovered to 30 %.

Jeanne: Then have you seen Ranga?

Hikai: I have-

As I was about to answer Princess Jeanne’s question, the building beside us was suddenly destroyed.

Jeanne: Wha-

As both of us were surprised, I put my hand on Princess Jeanne’s mouth and pulled her behind the other building and looked over the situation.

Ranga: Tch. I’m not done yet!

It was Ranga. He suddenly rushed out once again. I let go of Princess Jeanne and both of us peeked over to Ranga.

Ranga: Now isn’t this interesting. You’re pretty strong.

Ranga was facing off against a Demon. The Demon didn’t reply to Ranga.

Ranga: You’re really not one to talk huh.

As we saw the both of them face off, I signaled Princess Jeanne to move back.

Ranga: Well then, why don’t we go a bit faster this time?

As both of us stepped back, we hit a pebble and it created a small sound.

Demon: Hmm?

The Demon noticed it and rushed towards us.

Ranga: What!?

Ranga was surprised and he chased the Demon. From my sight, the Demon disappeared so I used the Demon Energy to project my surroundings.

Demon: !!

The Demon was surprised but didn’t stop his attack. I used the Pole to block his fist. I was able to block his attack.

Demon: Hrgh.

Then as the Demon hit the Pole, I used my whole body to resist the force then his fist sparked like lightning but it seems that the Pole resisted his Magic.

Ranga: Don’t forget about me!

As the Demon was surprised that the Pole resisted his Magic, Ranga was able to hit him on the side of his waist. The Demon crashed on one of the buildings.

Ranga: Hikai? So you’re the one he was chasing.

Hikai: Yeah, thanks a lot for saving us.

Ranga: Hmm? The Princess is with you. I don’t think that you can cross over here. You should go through that path since the Princess is with you.

Hikai: Feyris is over there fighting another Demon. What should we do?

I asked Princess Jeanne.

Ranga: Hmm? He’s back. I have to go.

Ranga rushed towards the demon once again.

Jeanne: I believe that we should follow Ranga’s advice.

Hikai: Right, let’s go.

The two of us left the scene as Ranga fought against the Demon. Both of us reached Feyris’ battle. The two of them were now moving. They were firing Magic at each other while going in a circle. I whispered to Princess Jeanne.

Hikai: How are we going to pass through here?

Jeanne: I am not sure.

I noticed something at the last battle. I’m going to try it again.

Hikai: I have an idea. Be prepared to run at any time.

Princess Jeanne nodded to me. As Feyris and the Demon kept running around in circles I made my move. As the Demon was the closest to us, I projected the Demon energy that I have.

Demon: What?

The Demon then turned to me and Feyris didn’t let the chance go.

Feyris: You shouldn’t get so distracted.

The Demon was hit by one of Feyris’ Magic and she was blown away to one of the buildings. Princess Jeanne and I ran as fast as we can past them.

Feyris: Good job.

I heard Feyris as I kept running.

Demon: That was interesting. Really, I want to have that boy.

Feyris: Come on, we’re not done yet.

Right before I left the scene, I heard both of them talk. Princess Jeanne and I rested at one of the alleys.

Hikai: Whew, we were able to pass through there.

Jeanne: I believe that we are a few buildings away from the castle.

Hikai: Right, Although I think we still have to go through one more problem.

Jeanne: Problem?

Hikai: From what I remember, Zack and Ester are currently fighting another Demon around here.

The two of us then walked quietly towards the castle and just as I thought, we arrived to where Zack and Ester were fighting.

Demon: Is that all?

As I looked at the situation, Ester was the only one who was facing off against the Demon and I looked around to search for Zack.

Zack: Damn.

Zack was leaning on the building that we are currently hiding with. We slowly moved near Zack.

Zack: What? You’re back?

Hikai: Yeah, The Princess is currently with me as well.

Princess Jeanne showed herself to Zack and nodded towards him.

Zack: That guy is way too strong. I’m here just resting right now.

As we watched the face-off between Ester and the Demon, the Demon looked towards me.

He then looked back again at Ester.

Hikai: Is he letting me go?

Zack: I don’t know but it seems that he doesn’t really care about you so I think you should go.

Hikai: Right, are you good to go Princess?

Jeanne: Yes, let us go to the castle.

Both of us started to walk, Ester charged to the demon.

Ester: Hah!

Demon: You never learn do you girl?

The demon swung his fist downward as Ester swung her fist towards him.

Ester: Gah!

Their fists collided and Ester was the one who lost. She slammed hard on the ground and the ground cracked.

Demon: You have potential. I must kill you before you become stronger.

As Ester tried to get up once again, the demon prepared to slam his fist on her.

Zack: Ester!

I couldn’t decide if we should leave Ester or not.

Jeanne: Go.

Princess Jeanne pushed my back a little bit and she told me to go.

Hikai: Zack.

Zack: I know. Leave the Princess to me.

I ran towards the demon once again. I held the Pole as I ran towards him.

Hikai: I should go do that again.

I projected the Demon energy once again and as I expected the Demon reacted to it.

Demon: Hmm? This power…

As the Demon stopped his attack, Ester and I didn’t let the opportunity pass.

Ester: Rah!

As I did a overhead strike, Ester suddenly glowed gold and attacked. Ester did one punch to his stomach while I hit his head with the Pole.

Demon: I see. So that’s how it is.

The Demon didn’t move and took our attacks head on. Then, Ester fell to the ground afterwards.

Hikai: Ester!

Demon: Hmph. I will let you go just this once.

The Demon then picked up Ester and threw her towards Zack.

Demon: Leave. I will not give chase.

The Demon then just stood there. Zack carried the unconscious Ester on his back and the three of us left the Demon. I looked one last time to him and I saw him holding the spot that Ester attacked as he stood there staring at us.

Zack: I can’t go anymore. Sorry Hikai but you’ll have to go on ahead without me.

As we left the Demon, Zack then slumped on one of the buildings.

Hikai: What are you talking about? You’re in no condition to fight so we should go together.

Zack: You’re with the Princess. You should take her back to the castle first.

Hikai: Bu-

Zack: Shut up and go. We don’t have time to argue.

Princess Jeanne then tugged on my hand. I looked to her and as she stared at my eyes she nodded. As we left the place, I could hear other people talking.

Man: I found him! Kill the human!

Zack: Tch. Fine, come at me you bastards!

That was the last thing I heard before we left.

Hikai: We’re almost there.

Jeanne: Yes.

The castle was around three buildings away.

Beatrix: No!

We suddenly heard Beatrix’s voice.

Jeanne: Was that Beatrix? We should check it out.

The two of us walked quietly to them.

Beatrix: I told you no!

As we finally saw Beatrix, she was also facing a Demon. She had features that were very similar to Lin. She had fiery red hair tied at the very end and tanned skin. She seemed to look like a bit older than us. We were behind Beatrix.

Demon: Hmm?

The Demon noticed us as well as Beatrix.

Beatrix: Hikai!? What are you doing here!?

I looked around and saw that Lin is currently sleeping on the wall behind Beatrix.

Jeanne: Is that Lin?

Princess Jeanne went towards her and the Demon didn’t do anything.

Demon: Is that? I see, so that’s what it was.

The Demon spoke but we didn’t really understand what she is talking about so we didn’t reply. As Princess Jeanne took care of the sleeping Lin, I stood side by side to Beatrix.

Beatrix: She attacked us. It seems that she’s looking for Lin so I ran away so that she would chase us.

Hikai: The others?

Beatrix: They’re guarding the castle gate.

Demon: Are you guys done?

Hikai: Why are you looking for Lin?

Demon: I don’t believe that I should tell you.

Hikai: Then why aren’t you attacking?

Demon: So you want me to attack?

Hikai: No but it’s not like we have a choice right?

The Demon smiled. As she smiled, I felt a chill run down my spine. I projected the Demon Energy. I could feel that her attack purposely missed me so I didn’t move.

Demon: Oh? So you’re the one huh.

Beatrix: What? What happened?

Demon: What’s your name boy?

Hikai: Raimei Hikai, what about you Demon?

Demon: Akari. My name is Akari.

I was surprised.

Akari: Then I suggest that the two of you prepare. I’m going to get just a little serious here.

Beatrix and I faced off against the strongest Demon Akari.

~Chapter 24 End~

12. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 25 - Tag
    Beatrix then jumped back. As she did so I projected the Demon Energy and saw her use a horizontal slash. I ducked down and ran towards her.

Beatrix: Hikai, right!

Beatrix shouted and I side stepped to my right. A arrow then flew from that direction.

Akari: Oh?

The arrow was cut in half and I used the momentum from the side step to spin for a horizontal strike.

I planted my foot and used my full power to attack her but she caught the Pole with her left hand.

Akari: Is that all? You’re wasting what she gave you.

Akari whispered to me as she let go of the Pole.

Beatrix: Hah!

Three arrows were then shot towards her but she cut them all in one stroke.

Akari: Hmm? Hey, is that thing supposed to be a Naginata?

As we faced against her she asked a question.

Hikai: Yeah. Why?

Akari: I never thought I would meet a Naginata user here. How about we have a Martial arts battle?

Akari: Don’t worry, your friend over there can join too. Oh and I won’t even use Magic.

Hikai: What? Why?

Akari: I don’t have to tell you right?

Another five arrows were shot. Of course all of them were cut down.

Akari: So what do you say?

Beatrix: Ignore her Hikai! Just keep attacking!

Beatrix shouted from above. She had been standing on top of the roof this whole time.

Akari: I am talking to you too you know?

As she said that, the building was cut in half and Beatrix lost her footing. She jumped over the debris and stood beside me.

Akari: Now then what do you say? Naginata users?

Beatrix: I’m no-

Akari: Heh. Don’t think I didn’t notice. The two of you have the same footwork and movements so that means that you both had the same teacher you know?

Beatrix: Shut up! What do you think you know about me!?

Akari: Woah. Why are you getting defensive there?

Beatrix: Wha!? I’m not!

Akari: Well then. Come on, attack.

If her goal was to make Beatrix angry, she definitely succeeded.

Beatrix: You Demon!

Beatrix rushed to her. She held the bow like a Naginata and attacked.

Akari: See? I knew it was like that.

Beatrix: Shut up!

I couldn’t go and help since Beatrix was attacking wildly. All I could do was look for a time to strike.

Akari: Hmm? You won’t find one if you’re not going to attack you know?

I didn’t reply to her. I stared at them and waited.

Akari: Hah. I just told you right!

Then Beatrix was suddenly thrust away. She crashed into a building and stood up once again.

Beatrix: Kh.

Akari: You really should’ve just used a Naginata instead of using a bow.

Beatrix: Shut up! We wouldn’t have had to do this if it wasn’t for you Demons!

Akari: Hah? What are you talking about?

Beatrix: Don’t you play ignorant! We were summoned here because you Demons attacked the Humans!

Akari: What did you say?

Suddenly Akari released a surge of killing intent.

Beatrix: What?

Beatrix and I couldn’t move. This feeling is way stronger than what Ranga showed me. 1 cut, 2 cuts, 4 cuts, 8 cuts, 64 cuts. I could feel every single part of my body being chipped away.

Akari: We started this?

128 cuts, 256 cuts, 512 cuts, it increased more and more. I could feel every part of my body disappearing.

Akari: We attacked the Human’s first?

1024 cuts, 2048 cuts, we could feel her anger.

Akari: How dare you.

Then she finally looked at Beatrix. Beatrix was shaking, she couldn’t move. Her eyes were turning red. Tears were coming out of her eyes.

Akari: How dare you!

Then sound disappeared. There was nothing. Then one person fell. Beatrix then dropped down to the ground and lost consciousness. Akari put her hand on her face as tears streamed down.

Akari: I lost control again. I just killed her didn’t I?

I couldn’t hear Akari as she spoke.

Jeanne: Oh no!

Then Princess Jeanne suddenly exclaimed. I looked towards her and the building that was behind Beatrix was also cut and it was falling towards them.

Hikai: No!

I ran as fast as I can but I was still too late. The buildings crashed on both of them.

Hikai: No. No. No. Come on!

I picked up the rubble and looked for both of them. I could finally see a piece of cloth and I dug through it.

Hikai: Damn it!

Princess Jeanne was covering Lin. Lin was still unconscious while Princess Jeanne’s abdomen was pierced through by a large piece of stone. Her blood was dripping as she layed out unconscious.

Hikai: Not again! No! I don’t want this! No!

Akari: Hey.

As I panicked, Akari talked to me. I stood up and tried to attack but her hand was in front of my face.

Akari: Do you want to save her?

Hikai: Huh?

Akari: Do you want to save her no matter what?

As she stared at my eyes, I nodded to her.

Akari: Then give her your blood.

Hikai: My…. blood?

Akari: Yeah, you made a contract right?

I nodded to her.

Akari: Then you’re the only one who can save her.

Hikai: But why?

Akari: Your choice, will you give her your blood or not?

I picked up a sharp stone and stared at it. I couldn’t decide.

Diana: Hikai?

Then as I was thinking, Diana spoke to me in my head. Only I could hear her.

Diana: Are you alright?

As she talked to me, I remembered what happened to Maxim. Even though we haven’t known each other for a while he still left a impression on me. I raised the stone and stabbed my left hand. It didn’t pierce through but it was enough to cut my hand and blood dripped out.

I brought my hand towards Princess Jeanne and dropped a few drops of my blood inside of Princess Jeanne’s mouth.

Akari: You have to remove the stone too you know?

Hikai: I know that.

I pulled the large stone and laid her beside Lin.

Diana: What? What is going on?

I explained to Diana what happened and I asked her how much magic she had.

Diana: I have enough to make one wall and a little bit more.

I told her my plan. I stood up and faced Akari once again.

Akari: Do you still intend to fight?

Hikai: Yeah. I don’t know why but you’re not being serious but that means that this is the time where I can defeat you.

Akari: Oh? That’s what you think? Then come at me.

I projected the Demon Energy and rushed to her. I saw her doing a vertical strike and so I dodged to the side but her strike changed to a horizontal sweep so I told Diana to use her wall. A earth wall suddenly appeared between us.

Akari: What?

She sliced through the wall. I ducked under and tried to do an overhead strike. She tried to slash.

Akari: Eh?

She couldn’t pull out her sword in time as I hit her. I used Diana’s remaining Magic to create a vine to hold her sword in place.

Lin: Akari?

Then the Pole was sliced in half. The top half of the pole flew. Diana’s magic only lasted for a moment. Her sword was on my neck as she stepped back from my attack.

Akari: Princess!

Akari then knelt down as Lin walked towards us. She looked between Akari and me.

Akari: Please come back to the castle with me Princess.

Still kneeling, Akari spoke to Lin.

Lin: No.

Akari: You are the only reason why we have attacked this city Princess. If you want them to stop then you have to come back with me.

Lin looked at me but I didn’t say anything. She brought her face down.

Lin nodded to her.

Akari: Thank you.

Lin pulled my hand and I knelt down and looked at her eye to eye. She didn’t say anything so I was the one who spoke first.

Hikai: Were you happy with us?

Lin nodded.

Hikai: I see. Then I promise to go visit you someday.

Lin had a shocked look but she nodded with a small smile. She then whispered in my ear.

Lin: Thank you.

Lin then stood beside Akari and she stood up. I glared at her.

Akari: How about you? You can come with us too you know?

Akari: You are the one who has a contract with the Princess after all.

Hikai: Hmph. I decline.

Akari: Right. That is the right choice.

She showed a small smile as she grabbed Lin’s hand. She raised her hand in the air and unleashed a Magic Spell.

Akari: Retreat!

She shouted towards the sky.

Akari: Well then, we will be leaving now.

Hikai: Hey.

Akari: Hmm?

Hikai: I’m not giving up yet alright. I’m going to go to the Demon continent one day and I will defeat you.

She showed a shocked expression at my statement and laughed.

Akari: Is that so? Interesting then before I leave I’ll tell you something. Your friend over there is dead.

Her proclamation was so casual that the words didn’t register immediately.

Akari: You see this sword consumes souls. I usually suppress it but I couldn’t on that one attack. So when I slashed her, the sword took one half of her soul.

She then carried Lin and jumped out of my vision. I still didn’t move after that.

Hikai: Beatrix!

I rushed towards her and checked her pulse. She wasn’t breathing. There wasn’t even a heartbeat.

Hikai: No! Someone! Anyone! Magicae!

Since there was no one else around I called for Magicae. Magicae appeared but her expression was not bright.

Hikai: Can you help her? Can I pour my blood into her like the Princess?

Magicae: No, that won’t work with her. I don’t think there’s anything you can do to save her.

Hikai: Kh. Damn it! Should I go find someone with Healing Magic?

Magicae: That won’t work either.

Hikai: Why!?

Magicae: You heard what she said right? Her soul was sliced in half. Half of it already disappeared. So even if her body can be healed, her soul can’t.

Hikai: Damn it!

As I yelled I looked at Magicae, her expression changed again and again.

Hikai: You know a way don’t you?

Magicae: I….

Hikai: Please tell me. I want to save her!

Magicae: If you do it, you’ll die you know?

Hikai: Tell me.

Magicae: I will use your body as a medium in order for me to use my Magic, which means that your body will not be able to survive with all of that Magic assaulting your body. Also I would need a soul that is fundamentally the same as hers which means that only you or the other heroes count.

Hikai: So my body is going to be destroyed while my soul will be taken but you’re a god right? Why can’t you just save her?

Magicae: I’m sorry but I can’t tell you.

As I mulled over my choice, I decided.

Hikai: Do it.

Magicae: bu-

Hikai: Do it!

I forced Magicae and she disappeared. I could feel the Magic gather inside my body and the last thing that I see is a white light as I died.

Hikai: I’m sorry Lin.

A girl was watching the events unfold.

??? 2: What should I do? Eh? She’s doing that? If that girl is going that far then I have to act as well.

The girl disappeared. Then inside nothingness a voice suddenly spoke.

: System Error

: System Error

: Losing Data

: Losing Data

: Data Lost

: Searching Source

: Source “Raimei Hikai”

: Again? Why? No….

Then the voice stopping speaking once again.

~Chapter 25 End~

13. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Interlude 1 - Magicae and ??? 2
    Magicae: Hello everyone! Here is a new segment that we have for you today.

??? 2: What are you doing?

Magicae: I just told you right? This is a new segment that we have.

??? 2: Eh?

Magicae: In this segment, your hosts will be us Goddesses!

??? 2: Host?

Magicae: Yes! This is the part where you can just relax and have fun.

??? 2: Have fun?

Magicae: Yep! Now let’s start with some introductions!

??? 2: Introductions?

Magicae: I am the majestic, beautiful and genius Magicae!

??? 2: So we’re going through with it. Then my name is –

Magicae: Stop!

??? 2: Eh? What’s wrong?

Magicae: You can’t say your name yet!

??? 2: Why not?

Magicae: That would be a spoiler you know? Hikai doesn’t like spoilers.

??? 2: Then what should I name myself?

Magicae: How about ??? 2(Temp)?

??? 2(Temp.): It’s a bit long isn’t it?

Magicae: Then what do you want huh!?

??? 2(Temp.): Why are you the one who’s mad? You’re the one who is telling me not to use my real name.

Magicae: Just choose a shorter one!

??? 2(Temp.): Hah, Then let’s just go with 2.

Magicae: Alright! For this interlude, you are now 2!

2: I don’t care anymore

Magicae and 2

Magicae: Now let’s get back in track shall we?

2: You’re the one who diverted us in the first place.

Magicae: Now then, you may be wondering what is going on. We are here to explain some of the other things that you will encounter from now on!

2: Why am I here anyway? I just want to take care of Hikai already.

Magicae: Ah, sorry to say but you’ll have to wait for a while for that.

2: Eh? Why? I’ve already appeared in the story right?

Magicae: That’s where our new chapters will appear. The Negative Chapters!

2: Negative?

Magicae: In the Negative Chapters we would focus on other characters instead.

2: Is that why I won’t be making an appearance yet?

Magicae: That’s right! I think that there’s going to be around 2 Negative chapters after this interlude so you’ll have to wait for that.

2: Two huh.

Magicae: Oh and each Negative Chapter would not start at 1.

2: Huh? What do you mean?

Magicae: Negative chapters are dependent on the story itself. The negative chapters that are coming are Chapter -23 and Chapter -26. So if you guys now what happened at Chapter 23 then the negative chapter would focus on the other characters involved!

2: Wait, why is Chapter -26 the one that comes first rather than Chapter 26?

Magicae: That’s because there’s no chapter 26!

2: Hah?

Magicae: You see, Hikai is still unconscious in Chapter 26. So even if we do tell that story it would just be a huge blank page!

2: That’s confusing.

Magicae: Oh and don’t you worry. The only ones that will have negative chapters are characters that are already shown in the story.

2: Does that mean that I can have my own Negative chapter?

Magicae: You want one? What would your Negative chapter even be about anyway?

2: Taking care of Hikai?

Magicae: What the heck kind of story is that? Anyway, we won’t be appearing even after those Negative chapters you know?

2: Ehhhhhh…..

Magicae: You do remember what we did back then right?

2; You mean the whole –

Magicae: Ah! AH! Stop spoiling!

2: Sorry.

Magicae: Anyway, the two of us won’t be appearing for a while so just be happy that you’re even in this interlude.

2: Haaaaa. I feel no motivation now.

Magicae: Anyway, these Interludes can be long or short depending on everything that has happened!

2: Haaaa.

Magicae: Since this interlude is focused solely on introducing this, it will be very short!

2: Bored….

Magicae: That goes the same way as with the Negative Chapters! They may also be short ones but don’t worry, the main story chapters will always have the same length!

2: *yawn*

Magicae: On a final note before we end this interlude, we Goddesses accept questions from you the viewers! Feel free to ask us questions and maybe just maybe we’ll answer them on the next Interlude! Oh, you can only ask questions to characters who have appeared in the main story okay?

2: I have a question.

Magicae: Oh? Our very first question! What is it?

2: When does this end?

Magicae: Right now! See you next time!

2: Finally.

~Interlude 1 End~

14. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter -23 - Start
    As the Demons started their invasion, in certain parts of the city major battles were happening.

Jeanne: The carriage exploded!?

Princess Jeanne was the only one of the royalty watching the events. The King, Queen and Prince Regulus were waiting in the throne room.

Jeanne: Are they entering the castle!? I have to warn Father!

Princess Jeanne hurried to the throne room but the fastest way was through the foyer which was the way the Demons also entered.

Demon: There! Kill the Human!

The Demons tried to cast Magic.

Knight: Protect the Princess!

Around 20 knights were there. It was a fierce battle against 30 Demons.

Jeanne: At this rate the castle would be overrun.

Princess Jeanne decided to use herself as bait to lure them away.

Jeanne: I am Princess Jeanne Adamantine Regnogreitch! I will not let you Demons defeat us!

Demon: Princess!? Kill the Human Princess!

Around 10 Demons gave chase to the Princess.

Knight: Tch. You, you, you and you come with me. Men! Protect the castle at all costs!

5 Knights followed after Princess Jeanne. It would be some time before Oscar and the Guards would come help protect the castle.

As the explosion happened, Ester was in a certain part of the city.

Ester: Explosions!? I should check it out.

As Ester ran towards the castle, there was a large man standing in the middle of the road holding a large sword.

Ester: What is he doing? More importantly I should go to the castle.

Ester tried to pass through the Man.

Demon: Futile.

The Demon swung his sword towards her.

Ester: What!?

Ester evaded it but she was still damaged.

Demon: Oh? You’re pretty fast.

Ester: Are you one of them!?

Demon: What will you do? Will you fight or not?

Ester: Of course I will! I won’t let you hurt anyone else!

It would be sometime before Zack would arrive.

A few minutes after the explosion, Zack was running towards the castle.

Zack: Seriously, what’s going on? I’ve been hearing explosions and fighting all over the place.

As Zack was running he saw Princess Jeanne and a group of knights.

Zack: Is that Princess Jeanne? Is she being chased?

Zack saw the scene and used his Magic to attack the Demons.

Knight: What? Magic?

Zack was able to defeat 3 of them. Now only 3 knights and 5 Demons were left. Zack once again tried to use his Magic but then something suddenly crashed on the building next to him.

Zack: Ester? Is that you?

Ester: Ow. ow. ow. I’m not done yet!

Ester rushed to the large man once again.

Zack: What should I do?

Zack looked back but the Princess were already gone.

Demon: You are still weak Girl.

Ester: Gah!

Zack: Tch. I should help her out.

Zack and Ester are now fighting the large Demon.

As the fights were starting all over the place, one place was silent.

Feyris: Are you with them?

Feyris was facing against a female Demon. Both of them were just standing facing each other.

Demon: Oh? You’re a Elf right? Why are you here?

Feyris: I don’t have to tell you that Demon.

Demon: Aww. Why not? I really like to get to know someone before I kill them.

Feyris: Then I guess you’re not going to kill me then.

Demon: Ehhhhhhh…. I really like killing things though.

At that moment, a group suddenly appeared in the scene.

Demon: Oh? What might those be?

It was Princess Jeanne and the others.

Feyris: Is that? Damn, I have to help them.

Feyris used her Magic to help Princess Jeanne but the Demon didn’t let the chance slip.

Demon: Oh? I guess I get to kill you then.

That was how the fight between the two started. Princess Jeanne now had only 1 knight and 3 Demons chasing after them.

At another part of the city a battle was still happening.

Ranga: Tch, why don’t you say something?

The Demon didn’t answer.

Ranga: Damn. This guy is trouble.

Ranga and the Demon faced each other in a fast paced battle.

From outside the city, the heroes were rushing to get to the city.

Beatrix: Who are you!?

The Demons did not answer.

Takeshi: It seems that they don’t want to say but I believe that they are the ones who are attacking the city.

Kei: Hmph.

Ryuji: That just means one thing then.

Heroes: We’re going through them!

The fight between 30 Demons and the Heroes started.

~Chapter -23 End~

15. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter -26 - Lin
    While Hikai was still shocked by what Akari told him, she carried Lin far away from the city.

Akari: We should wait for them here.

Lin looked around the place. It was in a forest somewhere. Lin could only see trees around her.

Akari: Princess I have something very important to tell you about.

Lin tilted her head and Akari went down to eye level with her.

Akari: Don’t trust anyone. Not even me.

Lin: Eh?

Akari: Look, listen, understand and think. I want you to remember all of this. One day I’m sure that he will come and get you. Until that time, learn everything you can and decide on what you want to do.

Then the Demons arrived one by one. The first one to arrive was the large man.

Akari: You’re here pretty early.

Demon: There was no point for me to stay.

Akari: What’s wrong? Why are you holding you stomach?

Demon: I finally found her.

Akari: Her? Wait, you mean…

Demon: I finally found their child.

Akari: I see.

Demon: I wait for the day that she would be able to kill me.

The two didn’t exchange words after that. The next one to arrive is the silent Demon.

Akari: Welcome.

Demon: Job Finished.

The Demon passed by her. The last one to arrive was the Female Demon.

Demon: Why did you make us retreat already? I was just starting to have fun.

Akari: I guess I did the right thing then. You didn’t forget the mission right?

Demon: Yes, yes. You are such a spoilsport. Is this the Princess?

The Demon looked towards Lin and Lin hid behind Akari.

Akari: Yeah.

Demon: Well aren’t you just a cute little thing. Come over here.

The Demon gestured to Lin but Lin didn’t move.

Demon: Aw, she doesn’t like me. Oh well, I hope I can meet that Elf and that boy again.

The Female Demon left the scene.

Akari: That’s everyone. We should go back now Princess.

Lin nodded but then a large pillar of light suddenly emerged from the city.

Akari: What? What the hell is that?

As Akari and Lin stared at it, Lin suddenly fell.

Lin: Ahhhhh! Argh! Ahhhhhh!

Akari: Princess!?

As Lin started to scream, her body suddenly glowed.

Lin: I can feel him.

Akari: Yes, the two of you are connected so you should know what is going on but why is your body reacting like this?

Akari tried to feel what is going on in Lin’s body.

Akari: Is this Holy energy!? Are you telling me that the white light over there is because of a God!?

Lin was surprised by what Akari said.

Akari: But then why are you being affected? Wait, don’t tell me. He’s letting a God use his body in order to save her!? Is he insane!? His body definitely can’t handle that kind of burden!

Hikai: I’m sorry Lin.

Lin suddenly heard his voice.

Lin: No!

Akari: Princess!?

Akari then stood up and directed all of her energy towards Hikai.

Lin: I will not give up!

Lin’s body then glowed dark. The light and dark are now fighting each other.

Akari: So that’s what you have chosen. Then go for it Princess. Don’t hold back. Use every single ounce of your power!

The white light then disappeared.

Lin fell and Akari caught her body.

Lin: Not yet.

Akari: What?

Lin still moved even though her body was exhausted.

Lin: Not enough.

Akari: It wasn’t enough? What do you mean?

Lin: Dying.

Akari: With his body as a Human he should be able to handle the burden of a God’s power but he’s still dying? Wait, don’t tell me.

Akari thought carefully and came to a conclusion.

Akari: He used his own soul in order to revive her!?

Lin: Not yet.

Akari understood what happened and she hugged Lin tight.

Akari: It’s no use Princess. You can’t do anything anymore.

Lin despaired but a voice suddenly said to her.

??? 2: You have done well. Leave it to me.

Lin heard the voice and could feel the boy once again. Her body glowed once again.

Akari: Princess!? What is going on?

The glow became stable and entered her body.

Lin: Lived.

Akari: So he lived huh and it looks like you have a God’s blessing now.

Lin then let herself lean on Akari.

Akari: Your daughter did very well.

Lin couldn’t hear it all as she slowly surrendered to sleep.

Akari: Now then will you be able to overcome it? I sincerely hope that you will win. I await your arrival in the Demon capital, Demon King Candidate Raimei Hikai.

Lin fell asleep afterwards.

~Chapter -26 End~

16. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 27 - Memory
    Hate.

Man: Curse you Humans!

Despair

Man: How dare you Demons!

Disgust

Man: Blasted Elves!

Anger:

Man: Useless Beasts!

The memories flash inside my mind. I could see nothing. I could feel nothing. I couldn’t move as I felt the man’s feelings. As I heard his cries.

Resolve

Man: Screw you Gods! Nothing in this world deserves to live! I will destroy each and every single thing!

Then I felt something crush me. I felt the man’s overwhelming anger.

Hikai: Stop it!

Man: Kill them all.

Hikai: No!

Man: Continue what I failed to do.

Hikai: I won’t do that!

Man: You have to. You have no choice. That is the contract.

Hikai: I won’t give up! As long as I can, I will resist you. I will not stop!

Man: Then you are useless.

Then I felt my throat being crushed.

Hikai: I’m dead right?

Even though I thought I was dead, I could feel my life draining from me.

Man: If you won’t do it then I will.

Man: I will take your body for myself.

Hikai: Damn.

I was slowly disappearing. Then suddenly I was released from the constraint.

Man: Curse you.

The Man let go and I could feel something warm envelop me.

Man: I will wait. I will strike when you are at your weakest.

The Man disappeared. I could finally move and I could also finally see.

Hikai:Eh?

The person that I saw hugging me surprised me.

Yume: Are you okay?

It was Ms. Yume. For some reason, Ms. Yume protected me.

Hikai: How are you here?

Yume: I don’t really know.

Hikai: I’m pretty sure I’m dead so does that mean you’re dead too?

Yume: Eh? You’re dead? Are you sure?

Yume: If you’re dead then that means I’m dead too right?

Hikai: I guess so.

As I thought about it, Ms. Yume hugged me tighter and rubbed my head.

Yume: Silly boy. How can you die? You still have a lot of things to do right?

Hikai: But that was what I chose. That was the choice that I made.

Yume: Hehe. Then are you the only one who chose?

Yume: What if someone else made a different choice? What if another person chose a different path? What if that person chose as well?

Hikai: I don’t understand.

Yume: It’s fine. Now why don’t you wake up?

Hikai: Wake up?

Yume: Yes, You have stayed here long enough. Think about them. Think about the people that you care about.

Hikai: Will we ever meet again?

Yume: Who knows?

Ms. Yume then let go of me and walked away.

Yume: But if you’re dead then that will never happen so don’t give up just yet.

Ms. Yume disappeared after that statement and I was left alone.

Hikai: A different choice? So she’s telling me to go back huh.

I slapped my cheeks and resolved myself.

Hikai: Alright! Let’s go!

I went back to meet with everyone once again. Needless to say, I would forget the events that happened here.

Hikai: Kh. My whole body hurts.

As I sat up I could feel the cold hard floor beneath me.

Hikai: Where am I?

As I looked around, I saw darkness.

Hikai: Why is it so dark?

Then a faint light approached me. I couldn’t see who was holding it.

Hikai: Hello?

Oscar: Hmm? You’re awake?

It was Oscar.

Hikai: Oscar? What happened?

Oscar: Sorry but I’ve got to call someone since you’re finally awake.

Oscar left and I was left alone once again. Then he returned with someone else.

Jeanne: It seems that you’re awake now.

He returned with Princess Jeanne.

Hikai: Princess? Where am I?

Jeanne: You are inside the castle’s underground prison.

Hikai: Prison? Why am I here?

Jeanne: It would be best if you see for yourself.

Princess Jeanne went near me and I could finally see my body.

The skin on my body was now darker. For some reason, I suddenly thought of Lin’s skin color. It was similar to hers.

Jeanne: You hair as well has turned pure white.

I felt the hair on my head and I pulled on one. I could barely see it but it was indeed white now.

Jeanne: Now, what exactly happened when you fought against that Demon?

I tried to think but I couldn’t remember.

Hikai: I can’t remember.

Jeanne: What?

Hikai: Wait, just give me a minute.

I forced myself to look at my memories and then I suddenly remember Beatrix dying.

Hikai: That’s right! What happened to Beatrix!?

Jeanne: She’s still asleep. She’s been sleeping ever since the Demon’s attacked the capital.

Hikai: She’s asleep? She’s not dead?

Jeanne: Dead? What are you talking about?

Hikai: The last thing that I remember is that Beatrix was killed.

Jeanne: What!? Then how is she still alive?

Hikai: I don’t know.

Jeanne: I see. Is that everything that you remember?

Hikai: Yes, I can’t remember anything else.

Jeanne: That doesn’t help at all.

Hikai: Why am I here exactly?

Jeanne: Because you look like a Demon.

Jeanne: For some reason, you now look like a Demon and so the King and the Queen now believe that you are responsible for the attack.

Hikai: So that’s why. How long have I been here?

Jeanne: This is the fourth day.

Hikai: So it’s been four days. What happens now?

Jeanne: Father has told us that he will decide in 10 days ever since you were put in here. So in 6 days we will know his decision.

Hikai: I have to wait here for 6 more days?

Jeanne: Yes, Father won’t agree to let you out. Zack, Ester and I have tried but it didn’t work.

Hikai: Hah.

I felt depressed just thinking about it.

Hikai: I can’t do anything about it now. My body still hurts and I’m still a little groggy so I think I’ll go to sleep for now.

Jeanne: Yes, oh and I’ll tell everyone that you’re awake now so I think you’ll have some visitors tomorrow.

Jeanne: Well then, I shall see you again.

Princess Jeanne left.

Oscar: I was assigned to be your guard. So just talk to me if you need anything.

Hikai: A pillow would be nice.

Oscar: Oh I can’t give you that.

Hikai: Then what can you give me?

Oscar: Sorry, I don’t think I can give you anything.

Hikai: Hah. Fine, I’m just going to sleep.

I slept once again.

Oscar: Hikai, here’s breakfast.

The next day I was given food.

Hikai: Oh? This is good.

Oscar: That is the only thing that I could do. At least I could make the food delicious so you better enjoy it alright.

I ate the food. As I got bored just hanging around my cell, I finally had visitors.

Zack: Good to see you awake

Ester: Hikai! Where did little Lin go!?

It was Zack and Ester. I signaled Ester and whispered to her.

Hikai: She went home.

Ester: Eh?

Hikai: They came to get her. That was the only way to stop them so she left with them.

Ester then grabbed my clothes and pulled me hard towards the bars.

Ester: And you let them!? You didn’t do anything and let them take Lin!

Hikai: Of course not! Lin decided it! I couldn’t do anything! Lin made her choice!

Ester: Why didn’t you stop her!? Did you really think she wanted to go!? We had so much fun being together. Do you really think she wanted to go!?

Hikai: Then what was I supposed to do!? I didn’t want to let her go either! But she chose that! It was her choice!

Ester: Damn it!

Ester let go of me. She stood up and left the prison. Only Zack and I were left. Zack then sat down in front of the cell.

Zack: You alright?

I sat down depressed.

Zack: Forgive her alright? She’s been worried all this time because we couldn’t find Lin this whole time.

Hikai: Yeah, I know. I was right there you know? I saw Lin off.

I remembered what happened with Lin.

Hikai: She didn’t want to go but then the Demon told us that they were looking for her and if she goes with them, it all stops.

Zack: So that’s why they attacked?

Hikai: Yeah, all for the sake of taking Lin back. She didn’t even blame me.

I held my face and cried.

Hikai: She said Thank you. Thank you, to me. To the person who couldn’t even stop her, to the one who just stared at them.

Zack just sat there silent as he listened to me.

Hikai: All I could do was make a promise.

Zack: Promise?

Hikai: Yeah. I made a promise that we’ll meet again someday.

Zack: Seriously? You’re making promises again?

Zack stood up as he scratched the back of his head.

Zack: Then I guess we’ll meet her again someday.

I was shocked by what Zack said and he said one more thing right before he left.

Zack: You haven’t broken a promise when you came here right?

Zack left and I was left alone once again.

Hikai: Thank you.

The day ended after that. But on the next day something very surprising happened.

For some reason a certain someone was there. She said nothing as she stood there staring at me.

Kei: …

It was Hotaru Kei.

~Chapter 27 End~

17. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 28 - Visit
    Kei just stood there staring at me as I sat inside the cell.

Hikai: Good morning.

I greeted her but she didn’t reply.

Hikai: This is the first time that we are together without anyone else huh?

She was just staring at me. She still didn’t talk.

Hikai: I’ve been meaning to ask but why did you slap me before?

That was the point where her expression changed.

Kei: You still remember that?

Hikai: Of course. That was why my life changed you know?

Kei: Is that so?

Kei then walked towards the cell and she leaned her back on it.

Kei: Did you forget about me before we met?

I was surprised by her sudden question.

Kei: I knew it. I thought so.

Kei: In my life I’ve met a lot of people. Way too many people I would say.

I listened silently.

Kei: Whether I like it or not, I’ve been able to see through people’s reactions.

Hikai: So that’s how huh.

Kei: Yeah because of my family I couldn’t really put trust into other people.

Hikai: Your family?

Kei: Yeah. The only ones that I could be open with were Takeshi and Ryuji. Although in the past I tried to reach out to out to someone else.

Hikai: That would be me right?

Kei: Yeah, that’s why I made that promise although they never came back after that.

Hikai: That was be-

Kei: It’s fine. That’s all in the past now.

I slumped back inside the cell.

Kei: I gave up on making new friends after that. That was how I lived my life.

I sat there silently listening to her.

Kei: Then suddenly when school started, someone talked to me.

I looked up since I knew what was next.

Kei: A boy that I didn’t know but I had the slightest expectation. For some reason, I could vividly remember a certain boy but I put those thoughts away in my head.

I remained silent as I listened to her.

Kei: Then as he talked I could vaguely sense something. I could feel that he didn’t truly remember me.

Hikai: I only remembered you when I read your name.

Kei: I could see it in your expression. Then I couldn’t hold back my feelings anymore. Ever since then I’ve lost trust on other people then suddenly the one boy that I tried to befriend suddenly came back.

She then walked away from the cell and stood there with her back facing me.

Kei: I couldn’t help it you know? I used you as a outlet for my frustrations. I destroyed your school life for my own benefit but then something surprising happened. In the second year a new transfer student came and the boy was assigned to help her.

That must be when Beatrix transferred in.

Kei: For some reason, I didn’t want them to be together. I tried to separate the two of them by getting in their way but then I thought to myself. Why am I doing this? Why am I being so selfish? That’s why I decided to stop interfering.

So that’s why she limited her invites to Beatrix to days where I’m watching anime and when going home since our houses were not in the same direction.

Kei: What surprised me the most though was when that boy suddenly decided to stop interacting to her. The girl confided to me about it but my guilt just became deeper. I knew it was because of me. The girl was sad by what happened and I couldn’t do anything about it.

She walked a bit and stood farther from me.

Kei: Then the months passed and the girl and I were now very close but I still couldn’t forgive myself for what I did to her. Even now she still thinks that maybe it’s her fault why it all happened. That maybe she’s the one who did something but you and I know whose fault it really is.

Yeah. I nodded to her even though she wasn’t looking towards me.

Kei: Then another surprising event happened. We were summoned to another world. I thought it was finally my chance to talk about everything.

Then Kei walked farther and now she was beside the door to exit the prison.

Kei: I was honestly happy. I thought that I could finally leave that life behind. I thought that I could finally just be free. Get to know people. Just don’t care about others but then you suddenly said that you didn’t trust the king.

I also remember what happened back then.

Kei: I got my bearings back after that. I suddenly realized that I should think about everything. Back then, I thought that I would just go along with whatever happened. I almost lost my own way of thinking back then but because of you, I remembered to think for myself.

Then she opened the door and right before she left she said to me.

Kei: So thank you for everything and I’m sorry for everything.

I didn’t say anything as she left the prison. I sat there speechless. There was only 4 days left before the King would decide my fate.

Takeshi: Yo.

The next day I was once again surprised by my visitors. Takeshi and Ryuji visited me. We’ve never spoken ever since when we were kids.

Ryuji: Yo!

Hikai: Eh? Why are you guys here?

Takeshi: What a great way to say hello.

Hikai: Oh, right sorry. Good morning.

Takeshi: Right. Well, Mistress has finally told us that we can talk to you so we decided to do it now.

Hikai: Wait, mistress?

Takeshi: You didn’t know? Mistress is the heir to one of the largest corporations in Japan.

Ryuji: I don’t think you should’ve told him that Takeshi.

Takeshi: It’s fine.

Hikai: So that’s why you’re visiting me?

Takeshi: That and another thing.

Takeshi: I’ve been watching how Mistress acts around you and I can’t take it anymore. Seriously, for how she acts normally she’s very pure when it comes with her feelings.

Ryuji: I don’t think he understands what you’re talking about.

Takeshi: Right, I should discuss things one at a time. Hey do you want to get along with Mistress?

Hikai: Yes.

Takeshi: Then you’re in for a tough time. I’m sure you’ve realized but Mistress is incredibly selfish. She is very selfish. I don’t know what will happen if you get close to her.

Hikai: Eh? What do you mean?

Takeshi: I already told you I don’t know what would happen. Even so, do you still want to get along with her.

Hikai: Even so, I want to get along with her.

Ryuji: Wow, he’s really brave huh?

Takeshi: Well your choice.

I still couldn’t understand why they asked me those questions.

Takeshi: Now then, we’re here to give you a little help with that.

Hikai: Eh? Why would you want to help me?

Takeshi: I told you right? I’ve had enough watching the two of you. Mistress has experienced a lot of things but she has never experienced this so we came here to help her out.

Ryuji: Right, I’m sure even Mistress doesn’t know what she feels.

Takeshi: Yeah, she’s told us about a lot of things so I’m asking you, do you still remember the promise you made back then?

Hikai: I still remember.

Takeshi: Then what are you doing?

Hikai: Eh? What are you talking about? Didn’t I break that promise already?

Then Takeshi and Ryuji had a surprised expression on their faces.

Takeshi: So that’s where we are huh.

Ryuji: Well I never thought it was like this.

Takeshi and Ryuji walked towards the door and right before they left.

Takeshi: Then here’s something to think about. Do you really think that that promise is broken?

Shocked by what they asked, they then left the prison.

Hikai: What? Was that promise really broken?

I thought about it and now only 3 days are left before the King’s decision.

Zack: Yo, we’re back.

As I was still thinking about what Takeshi and Ryuji told me, Zack and Ester visited me the next day.

Ester: Hmph.

Both of them sat in front of the cell.

Zack: Apologize already.

Zack nudged Ester.

Ester: I’m sorry.

Zack: Seriously. You’re such a child.

Ester: Shut up.

Ester pouted as she answered.

Ester: Ahhhhh!!!!

Then she suddenly shouted.

Ester: Whew, I’m okay now.

Zack: Really? You’re so simple.

Ester: Hmph. That’s how I like it.

Zack shrugged his shoulders.

Ester: Hey, was she smiling?

Ester: Was little Lin smiling when she left?

Hikai: Yeah. She was smiling.

Ester: I see. Then I forgive you.

She showed me her widest smile. I also smiled to her.

Zack: Since the two of you are fine now, we can tell him about it right?

Ester: Yeah!

Zack: You made a promise with Lin right?

Ester: Both of us have decided to help you with that.

Zack: We’re saying that when you finally go to Lin, we’ll go with you.

Ester: We can’t fulfill the promise if all of us aren’t there right?

They both smiled as they told me that.

Hikai: Is that so? Then when I can finally go I won’t forget to tell both of you.

Zack & Ester: Yeah!

As the three of us smiled, I finally remembered something else.

Hikai: Oh right. I completely forgot but I asked the Woodsmith to make me a new pole.

Zack: Another one? What happened to the one before?

Hikai: It broke.

Zack: Again? You should seriously take care of those more.

Hikai: Shut up, It’s not like I wanted to break it you know.

The three of us laughed.

Hikai: I’ll leave that to you.

Ester: Oh! Leave that to me!

Both of them left after that. Now there were only 2 days left before the King’s decision.

Guard: Please wait!

The next day, the door suddenly slammed open.

Beatrix: Move!

Jeanne: Please wait, Beatrix. You still haven’t recovered.

Oscar and some guards, Beatrix and Princess Jeanne entered.

Beatrix: I said move!

Beatrix pushed away some of the guards and slumped on my prison cell.

Jeanne: You still haven’t recovered enough.

Beatrix: Please give us some time.

Jeanne: Bu-

Beatrix: Please.

Beatrix bowed down as she was slumped on the cell.

Jeanne: Alright, guards let us go.

Guard: But Princess.

Oscar: The Princess has spoken or do you intend to disobey her?

The Guards were taken aback by what Oscar said. All of them reluctantly left the prison. Now only Beatrix and I were left inside.

~Chapter 28 End~

18. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 29 - Effects
    Beatrix was silent as she was slumped on my prison cell.

Hikai: Are you okay?

I talked to her but she didn’t reply.

Beatrix: Hey.

After a while she suddenly spoke to me.

Beatrix: What did you do to me?

Her voice was very low but I could feel seriousness in her voice.

Beatrix: For some reason, when I slept I’ve seen your life.

Hikai: My life?

Beatrix: Yeah, I’ve seen a lot of things. From how you met Kei, to how you met Ms. Yume. How you reunited with Kei and so on.

Hikai: What? Why can you see those?

Beatrix: That’s what I’m asking you!

She winced after she shouted. It was awhile before her breathing became normal again.

Beatrix: The last thing that I remember that wasn’t your memory was when I was fighting that Demon with the Katana.

So she remembers Akari.

Beatrix: I lost consciousness after that. So I ask you again, what did you do to me?

Hikai: I did something?

I tried to remember.

Hikai: Kh!

My brain jolted as I tried to force myself to remember.

Hikai: Argh!

I forced myself to withstand the pain but it still wasn’t enough.

Hikai: Ahhhhhhhhh!

I forced myself further but my body gave up on me.

Hikai: I…… can’t……. remember……..

I slumped on the cell as well.

Beatrix: So you don’t remember huh. Maybe that Goddess knows something.

Hikai: Goddess?

Beatrix: Eh? You don’t remember Magicae?

Hikai: Magica- grah!

My brain jolted once again.

Hikai: Kh. I can’t remember.

Beatrix: What’s going on?

Beatrix and I wondered what is going on. After a while both of us felt better.

Beatrix: So what do you remember?

I told her everything except for the Goddess.

Beatrix: So you remember everything except for Magicae and the fight we had with that Demon and did you just say I died?

Hikai: Yeah, the last thing I remember is that the Demon proclaimed that you were dead.

Beatrix: If that’s the truth then why am I still alive?

Hikai: I don’t know either.

Beatrix: It may have something to do with your lost memories.

Hikai: Yeah. Although for some reason I can’t remember anything.

Beatrix: There’s nothing we can do about that I guess.

Beatrix decided to change the subject.

Beatrix: As I’ve told you I saw your memories. So is the reason why you pulled away from me was Kei?

Beatrix: I see. You know, the last memory that I saw was that you were talking to Kei here. That’s how I knew you were down here.

Hikai: You saw that?

Beatrix: Yeah. I can’t believe that that’s how she really feels.

Hikai: You and me both. I was also surprised when I heard her.

Beatrix: Yeah. After this, I plan to have a long talk with her.

Hikai: Eh, a long talk?

Beatrix: We still have a score to settle. It’s going to be a long night.

Beatrix: Don’t worry about it.

She forced herself to stand up.

Beatrix: See you again.

Beatrix left the prison after that. Princess Jeanne went in as Beatrix left.

Jeanne: Seriously, she’s just like a certain someone.

Hikai: Eh? Are you talking about me?

Jeanne: Who else do you think?

Hikai: I don’t believe you.

Jeanne: Hah.

Princess Jeanne put her hand on her face.

Jeanne: It’s incurable huh.

As I tilted my head to her statement, she changed the subject.

Jeanne: Tomorrows the day.

Jeanne: I honestly don’t know what father would decide.

Jeanne: Father has been acting weird these past few days.

Hikai: Weird?

Jeanne: I don’t really understand but he wouldn’t talk to me at all.

Jeanne: He’s been confined in his room ever since the attack. Even my brother is worried about him.

Hikai: So you said that it started after the Demon’s attacked.

Jeanne: Do you think that the Demon’s had something to do with this?

Hikai: I don’t know.

Jeanne: Hmm. I wonder what is wrong with Father.

Princess Jeanne was worrying but all I could do was listen to her.

Jeanne: I have to go now. I hope that Father will be merciful tomorrow.

Hikai: Yeah, see you tomorrow.

Princess Jeanne left the prison. Oscar then went inside and gave me food.

Oscar: I can finally stop coming here.

Oscar: I’m the one assigned to you remember? So whenever it’s my shift I have to be here.

Hikai: What? I didn’t see you around.

Oscar: I do leave when you have visitors.

Hikai: Is that fine?

Oscar: It’s fine. You won’t break out from the cells anyway. Not yet at least.

I couldn’t hear the last thing he said.

Hikai: How do you think I feel?

Oscar: That’s just how it is. Just be prepared for tomorrow alright?

Oscar: The King has been acting strange as of late so I have a bad feeling for tomorrow.

Hikai: A bad feeling?

Oscar: Yeah, that’s why I’m telling you to prepare yourself.

Hikai: I’ll keep that in mind.

Oscar: Good, well then I’ll be over there if you need anything.

Oscar left and he stayed somewhere that I couldn’t see him.

Hikai: So many problems.

There’s the promise with Kei, Beatrix being able to see my memories, my promise to meet with Lin in the future and the problems with the King.

Diana: Hikai?

As I was thinking about everything, a voice suddenly talked to me.

Then suddenly a influx of memories came crashing inside my brain.

Hikai: Gh.

As the torrent of memories stopped, I finally remembered about the one who spoke to me.

Hikai: Diana?

Diana: Do you remember me?

Hikai: Yeah, I remember you now.

Diana: Good, I was worried you wouldn’t remember me.

Hikai: Why did I forget about you?

Diana: It’s a long story but you still can’t remember anything about Magicae right?

Hikai: Yeah. I could feel that the name is familiar but for some reason I can’t really remember anything about them.

Diana: It’s best if we talk about it when you finally remember everything.

Hikai: Everything huh. Which problems are related to those?

Diana: You mean your memories? Let’s see.

Diana was silent for a while.

Diana: I guess it’s the memories of Beatrix.

Hikai: Just that one?

Diana: Yep! You don’t know anything about that girl named Kei’s feelings nor about what happened to the King. I don’t think you have forgotten anything about Lin though.

Hikai: That’s good news. Wait, why did it take you until now to talk to me?

Diana: Hmm. Do you remember how you lost to Akari?

Hikai: I can remember. Lin stopped her from dealing the finishing blow right?

Diana: That’s right but do you remember what happened right before that?

Hikai: Eh? You mean when the pole got cut in half?

Diana: That’s right! You see, that sword she had is bad news.

Hikai: It was because of that sword?

Diana: Yeah, you’ll remember eventually but that sword has the ability to reap souls.

Hikai: Reap souls?

Diana: So anything it slashes that has a soul will have their soul taken from them. That’s how Beatrix died.

Hikai: Eh? Then how is she still alive.

Diana: I don’t really know since Magicae is the one who did everything so you’ll have to wait for her for that one.

Diana: Going back to me. So when she slashed the pole in half, she almost got my soul as well. I immediately jumped to you to evade but she was able to catch at least half of my energy so I’ve been recovering this whole time.

Hikai: Tch, how am I supposed to beat her then? I can’t risk having your soul taken when fighting her.

Diana: Don’t worry about that! If you’re using Grandpa’s branches her sword won’t work on me.

Hikai: Eh? How does that work?

Diana: It’s hard to explain but no matter how many times she cuts Grandpa’s branches as long as I’m inside them I won’t be taken by her sword so don’t worry about me!

Hikai: Is that so?

Diana: Yep! Grandfather’s always protecting me!

I could vaguely imagine a sad smile on her face as she said that.

Diana: Alright! I’m going to go to sleep now. I still haven’t recovered enough but I had enough energy to at least talk to you.

Hikai: Thanks a lot.

Diana: Yep! Good night!

Diana stopped speaking at that point.

Hikai: Right, I should probably sleep as well.

The day that the King would decide my fate is tomorrow.

It was very noisy the next day. The door was suddenly swung open.

Princess Jeanne entered with two guards. The guards had helmets on them which were weird since the guards usually didn’t have any helmets.

Jeanne: Hikai, are you awake!?

Hikai: What’s going on?

Jeanne: Wake up! The King has decided what to do with you!

Hikai: Eh? He has?

Then Princess Jeanne had a serious expression on her face as she told me.

Jeanne: The King has decided…..

She breathed deep and then said.

Jeanne: To execute you.

On this day, I was schedule to be executed.

~Chapter 29 End~

19. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter -29 - Beatrix
    Late at night on the day that Beatrix finally woke up the four of them were called by the King. There was no one else there except for the King and the heroes. As the five of them were there, the King then walked towards the door and just said the following.

King: I will execute him tomorrow. Prepare yourselves.

He opened the door and left the room.

Beatrix: Wai-

Kei: Stop. It’s no use.

Kei stopped Beatrix from chasing after the King.

Beatrix: Why are you stopping me!?

Kei: There’s nothing you can do with him now.

Beatrix: What!?

Kei: Do you plan to fight him? Do you plan to leave here?

Beatrix: Eh?

Kei: I’m asking you, do you plan to fight him?

Beatrix: Why is that the only option!?

Kei: Because that is the only option.

Kei: It’s hard to explain but do you plan to fight him if he doesn’t decide to stop it?

Beatrix: No.

Kei: Then leave it at that.

Beatrix: Why are you giving up just like that?

Kei: You just woke up today right?

Beatrix: Yeah.

Kei: Then I will tell you this. He’s been acting weird ever since the attack.

Kei: So I don’t think you could’ve done anything even if you tried.

Beatrix: Is that so? What do you plan to do then?

Kei: Nothing.

Beatrix: Nothing? You plan to do nothing? Even after everything you’ve been through? Even after you have finally been able to get your feelings off your chest?

Kei’s expression changed after that.

Kei: What are you talking about?

Beatrix: I heard everything that you talked about inside the prison.

Kei: What? You were still unconscious back then so how?

Kei’s expression was now serious.

Beatrix: I would like to talk with only the two of us.

Kei looked towards Takeshi and Ryuji.

Takeshi: Alright, come on Ryuji.

Ryuji: Oh!

Both of them left after that. Now only Beatrix and Kei were left in the room. Beatrix told Kei about what happened to her.

Kei: So when you were unconscious you could see his memories and also our conversation inside the prison?

Beatrix: Yeah.

Kei: What? Were those the only parts that you saw?

Beatrix: Yeah. I don’t get it either.

Kei: It’s probably because we were talking about you huh.

Beatrix: I think so too.

Kei: Were you able to ask that Goddess?

Beatrix: No. For some reason, he has forgotten about that and Magicae still hasn’t appeared.

Kei: So that means we won’t be able to get answers here. So what did you want to talk about?

Beatrix: I just wanted to ask a few things.

Kei didn’t answer and just stood there.

Beatrix: Was it true?

Kei: Which one?

Beatrix: Everything. The promise, what happened when you met again and why it all happened.

Kei: It’s all true.

Beatrix: Is that so? So do you really think that it’s all your fault?

Kei: Of course it is.

Beatrix: The way you take the blame for yourself really reminds me of a certain someone.

Kei: What?

Beatrix: Don’t mind it.

Kei: So what do you plan to do about it?

Beatrix: I just wanted to make sure of everything. Now then I have a few other questions.

Kei: Hmm?

Beatrix: Why are you ignoring your feelings?

Kei: Eh?

Beatrix: After watching through all of his memories and talking to him earlier has made me realize a lot of things.

Beatrix: Now I understand. Why you acted like that.

Kei: Eh? I don’t understand.

Beatrix: Then do you like me?

Kei’s demeanor suddenly changed.

Beatrix didn’t understand what was going on. Kei then walked near Beatrix, held her chin and stared at her eyes closely.

Kei: Of course I do. I like you very much.

Beatrix stood still shocked by what Kei just did. Then Kei suddenly let go of her and ran to the back of the room and sat down on one of the chairs while hugging her knees.

Beatrix: What just happened?

Kei: Ignore it. Please just ignore it.

Kei buried her face on her knees and Beatrix decided to ignore it.

Beatrix: Uhhh. Ok.

Things got a bit awkward between them.

Beatrix: Ehem, why do you think the King told us about this now?

Beatrix: It’s probably because he knows that he will try to escape.

Kei: Escape?

Beatrix: He has met a lot of people here so when they find out about it, they will definitely try to escape with him.

Kei: Why are you telling me this?

Beatrix: Because I plan on fighting him.

Kei: Eh? You aren’t going to let him escape?

Beatrix: I plan on confronting everything, my past, my fears and my feelings that is why I’m going to fight him. I suggest that you do the same.

Beatrix left the room and only Kei was left inside.

Kei​

As Beatrix left, Takeshi and Ryuji went inside the room.

Takeshi: Hmm? Did you do it again Mistress?

Ryuji: She definitely did it.

Kei: Hah, when can I get rid of this bad habit of mine?

Takeshi: Bad habit? No, no that is how you really are.

Takeshi: I don’t know when it started but you were like that as a kid.

Ryuji: Hahaha! You’re really telling Mistress!

Kei: Shut up! I’m trying to change myself.

Takeshi: Good luck with that.

Ryuji: What did you talk about?

Kei: I didn’t really understand but she asked me why I was ignoring my feelings or something.

Takeshi: She’s really kind huh.

Ryuji: She would even try to help her rival.

Kei: Eh? What are you talking about?

Takeshi: It’s nothing. What else?

Kei: She told me that she’s going to fight him if he tries to escape.

Ryuji: She’s going to fight him?

Kei: Yeah, she said she’s going to face her past, her fears and her feelings.

Takeshi: What do you plan to do then?

Kei: Me?

Takeshi: Do you plan to confront your own feelings?

Kei: My feelings?

Ryuji: It’s hopeless Takeshi.

Takeshi: Tch.

Kei: What do you two mean?

Takeshi: It’s hopeless huh.

Ryuji: We still have one chance. Only one chance though.

Kei: One chance at what?

Takeshi: Will you also talk to him?

Kei: Me?

Takeshi: Yes.

Kei: Hmm.

Takeshi: Just something to think about.

Ryuji: We believe that if you do so you’ll finally be able to understand.

Kei sat there silently as Takeshi and Ryuji left the room.

Kei: My feelings huh? I wonder, how do I truly feel?

It would be until morning that Kei would decide what to do.

~Chapter -29 End~

20. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 30 - Break
    I stood there shocked as Princess Jeanne opened the prison cell.

Jeanne: You should escape.

Hikai: Escape?

Jeanne: Yes, something is wrong with Father. I do not believe that he is alright right now that is why I want you to escape.

Hikai: How am I supposed to escape though?

Jeanne: Don’t worry about that.

Then the two guards behind Jeanne suddenly threw two Poles at me.

Hikai: Woah.

When I caught both of them, Diana was the first to react.

Diana: Grandfather!

She went inside one of the Poles.

Hikai: Eh? If you have these poles then those two must be.

The two guards removed their masks.

Zack: Really, just when will you stop making trouble?

Hikai: It’s not like I wanted this to happen!

Ester: Were here to help out!

Hikai: Thanks but what do we plan to do now?

Jeanne: Well-

The door opened and 10 guards entered the room.

Guard: What is going on here!?

Zack: Tch, I guess we’ve got no choice.

Ester: Let’s go!

The three of us fought against them.

Hikai: Alright let g-grh.

I tried to move forward but I suddenly hit the wall.

Zack: What the hell are you doing?

Hikai: Ouch. Damn, what the heck?

Ester: Ohhh. Amazing, is that your new move?

Hikai: New move?

Ester: You moved so fast that you knocked out two people just by running into them.

Hikai: Eh? I didn’t even feel them.

Ester: Maybe it’s because of your new body?

Hikai: Status.

I tried to check my status but it didn’t appear.

Hikai: Eh? What’s going on?

I wondered what was going on but more guards entered the prison.

Jeanne: Think about it later. We have to get you out here first.

Everyone: Right!

We ran out of where they were holding me.

Hikai: How many floors does this place have?

Jeanne: There are five floors here.

Hikai: Which floor are we in?

Jeanne: The 5th one.

Hikai: So I’m in the lowest part huh?

Hikai: How exactly do we get out of here?

Jeanne: We’ll have to take the stairs. Although each staircase is located at the other end of the prison so we’ll have to go through the whole prison to get out.

Zack: Such a hassle.

Ester: Can’t we just break through the ceiling?

Jeanne: Do you intend to make the whole prison fall on us?

Ester: Ehhhh. Fine, we’re just going to have to go through all the guards then!

We ran towards the stairs.

Jeanne: More guards!

We defeated the guards that were blocking us. By “we” I mean Zack and Ester.

Hikai: Damnit! My body is not moving how I want it to.

Zack: Stop running into walls already.

Ester: Are you trying to leave your mark in the prison?

Hikai: Shut up.

After fighting through more guards we finally arrived at the fourth floor.

Zack: Seriously, how big is this place?

Ester: We still have four floors to go? Can’t I just destroy this place already?

We were still running as we arrived in the middle of the floor. There was someone there waiting for us.

Ryuji: Yo.

It was Yamamoto Ryuji.

Hikai: Wait a minute.

Everyone suddenly looked towards me.

Hikai: Are you alone?

Ryuji: Yeah.

Hikai: Don’t tell me that there’s one hero per floor.

Ryuji: Eh? How did you know that?

Hikai: Seriously? I wonder who thought about that.

I thought to a certain blonde haired girl.

Hikai: And? You want us to stay one by one here to fight you?

Ryuji: That is what she said that you would do.

I scratched the back of my head.

Hikai: But there’s only three of us who can fight here so aren’t we at a disadvantage here?

Ryuji: Who knows?

Ester: Then I’ll do it.

Ester suddenly faced off against Ryuji.

Zack: We should just beat him with all of us and leave already.

Ester: Shut up and go already!

I shrugged my shoulders since I could guess what was coming next.

Ester: Leave this place to me!

Ester charged at Ryuji as she said that.

Ryuji: Let’s go!

Ester: Ohhhhh!!

Knuckle to knuckle, fist to fist their battle begins.

Zack: Seriously that girl.

Hikai: Come on let’s go.

Now there was only the three of us left.

Zack: When will these guards end!?

I was finally able to move without hitting the walls.

Hikai: I guess I’ve adjusted a bit now.

Jeanne: There’s the stairs!

We finally reached the 3rd floor.

Zack: Does this mean that one of those guys will be waiting here?

Hikai: Yeah, that’s probably the case.

Zack: Hah, let’s just go.

The three of us walked towards the middle of the floor.

Takeshi: So you’re here.

And as Zack predicted, the one who was waiting was Kazama Takeshi.

Takeshi: Have you found your answer?

Hikai: I’m not sure.

Takeshi: Is that so?

Hikai: But I will face her. I will know when I see her.

Zack: So are you just going to ignore us like that?

Jeanne: I don’t really mind though.

Takeshi: So? Which one of you will fight me?

Takeshi looked towards us and pointed at Zack.

Takeshi: I guess you’ll do.

Zack: Hah? What do you mean by I’ll do?

Takeshi: Go, mistress is waiting.

Zack: Tch, just get out of here already.

Now there were only two of us.

Jeanne: There seems to be no more guards here.

We reached the staircase to the second floor.

Hikai: Let’s rest up here for a bit.

Jeanne: Eh? Don’t we have to hurry?

Hikai: Yeah but I’m pretty sure that you’re tired so let’s take a breather okay?

Princess Jeanne seemed hesitant but she still sat down the stairs.

Hikai: By the way, where’s Oscar?

Jeanne: He’s on break.

Hikai: Hah. We have another problem here.

Jeanne: Hmm?

Hikai: There are still two of them but you can’t fight right?

Jeanne: Yes, I can’t fight.

Hikai: So how does this work?

Jeanne: What exactly do you mean?

Hikai: There’s two of us and two of them but you can’t fight so it’s really just the two of them and me. I’m not even sure that I can win against one of them and even in the slim chance that I do so I still have to fight another one?

I agonized on what may happen.

Jeanne: Ah, but didn’t Takeshi say that Kei wants to talk so maybe you won’t have to fight her?

Hikai: Maybe but that still doesn’t give me any advantage whatsoever huh.

I tried to find a way but I still couldn’t find a answer.

Hikai: Argh! I don’t want to think about it anymore. Let’s just go.

Jeanne: Yes, by the way what were you and Takeshi talking about?

Hikai: Don’t mind it. It’s something between us.

Jeanne: If you don’t want to talk about it, it’s fine. Let us go.

My answer huh, if the promise still hasn’t been broken then I’ve been misunderstanding her this whole time.

Jeanne: What should we do?

Kei: ….

The one waiting for us was Hotaru Kei.

Hikai: So it’s her. I guess you’re the one going on first Princess.

Jeanne: Eh? Wait, why me?

Hikai: You see, I think she wants us to have a talk with only the two of us.

Jeanne: Did you forget that I cannot fight?

I tried to hand her one of the poles on my back.

Hikai: They probably won’t hurt you since you’re the Princess.

Jeanne: If that’s what you think then why are you handing me that pole!?

Hikai: Well they may attack you because the only ones who will try to go outside are the ones trying to escape after all.

Jeanne: Then doesn’t that mean that I’m not safe at all!

Seemingly fed up with out exchange, Kei finally spoke.

Kei: Just go Princess. Beatrix is waiting.

Jeanne: What about the guards?

Kei: There are no guards between me and Beatrix so you don’t have to worry about them.

Jeanne: Eh? But-

Hikai: Please Princess.

I bowed to her.

Jeanne: Fine. I’m going on ahead. I’ll be waiting with Beatrix.

The Princess went towards the stairs to the first floor. When she was finally out of sight that was when I spoke.

Hikai: I believe that we both have something to say.

Kei: Hmph.

Hikai: I have misunderstood something this whole time.

Hikai: It seems that I still have a promise to uphold.

~Chapter 30 End~