Spoiler Never Thought You’d Be This Kind of Hero!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Sep 16, 2017.

1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw that novel in @winter-t 's awesome updated rec list!

Its about a hero and a demon king ''living together in one body!

MC is the 1st person to defeat the Demon King of a popular VR game in hell mode as a Hero, but at the moment of his victory, he ends up transmigrating into a fantasy world almost identical to the game he was playing. Unlike in the game, in this world, the Demon King didn’t die for real and instead, his soul sneaked into MC’s body with the intention of slowly taking it over. But the longer the Demon King spends w/ MC, the more his original desire for MC’s body morphs into a different kind of “desire” for MC’s body.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  2. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OooOooOOOooohhHH!!! This sounds really interesting (´≖◞౪◟≖`)

Do you happen to know how many chapters there are for this novel? Complete? (*⁰▿⁰*)

That list of pokes tho...:blobmelt:

3. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Corruption.

From the inside :blobnosebleed:

lilysmith, readerz, wildthorn and 8 others like this.
  4. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it this one?
    The website's listed it as complete since 10th August with ~182 chapters (incl. extras)??

... MC=Xu Jun (shou/uke) ; ML=Hei An (gong/seme)?:cookie:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    lilysmith, Ease, Kittsune and 2 others like this.
  5. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Well hmm, my question is at which chapter do they separate, cause...yeah I want my smut~

lilysmith, Ease, LadyBlue and 6 others like this.
  6. Victuuri

Victuuri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed: more spoiler

lilysmith, lazynoodles and kly like this.
  7. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, I know of this~

lilysmith likes this.
  8. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Only one questions:

Happy Ending or Tragedy???

lilysmith and kiara8 like this.
  9. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh kinky kek xD

lilysmith, kiara8 and readerz like this.
  10. XD

XD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How is this going to work out!? Will he somehow take over another body, or will he just ... self-pleasure that's not really self-pleasure???
    I'm just imagining that movie "Idle Hands" where the protagonist can't control what his hands are doing...

11. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    62. Not sure if there's any smut though, since the author's comments have mentioned censorship and asked the readers to use their imaginations. ML's already helped MC get off in a dream-esque scene, and that was pretty much glossed over with a fade to black.

I'm not done yet, but given the tags, it should be a happy ending.

ML goes back to his own body after he decides that he wants all of MC. He's currently long-range spying on MC's every move, and will have to keep reading to see how they reunite though.

This story is really fun~ It's pretty easy going and while the premise is kind of similar to isekai stories where the MC lives a carefree life (MC does want to live a carefree life), but there's an underlying tension as well and the world itself is at the brink of war. Personally, it's my favorite balance of a light-hearted/comedic story that also has enough seriousness/tension, making it interesting rather than dull.

MC is a really fun and alive character. He's not OP but strong enough to hold his ground (he did kill the Demon King), is clever when it comes to money-making/smaller schemes (MC and his gotta catch 'em all attitude when it comes to getting a 100% clear on all maps), but falls short when it involves politics/the big picture. He's optimistic but also a realist, and it makes for a very nice contrast to the no faith left in humanity, snarky, and political-savvy ML.

So far, most of the character development has been on ML's side as he goes from "gotta trick and deceive this hypocritical hero who killed me so I can take over his body :blobdevil:", to "this hero isn't anything like what my subordinate said he'd be I can't believe I was lied to :blobangery:", to "ahh, this dumbass reminds me of my former naive self he'd make a good subordinate actually :blobowoevil_horns:", to "never had such a fun/relaxing 'vacation' in both my former lives added together, I don't really want to leave :blobmelt:", to "need to regain my body so I can actually do things *cough* to this dumbass, all you other lowly life forms how dare you covet what's mine :blobtriumph:". It's a fun ride lol~

MC is very popular, mostly w/ kids and people he's completely placed in the 'impossible as a love interest' category. MC's got his eyes set on marrying a pretty girl from a small town b/c he was traumatized during his first play-through of the game when he tried to court a princess and got his heart terribly broken. ML is not pleased w/ all the supposed butterflies MC attracts, and was so pissed when he found out that MC even has a "son" lmao.

The side characters here are very memorable and really stand on their own. Steamed Bun (MC's mount) is the cutest and if anything, you should read this story for Steamed Bun :blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes: Here's a short translation of after MC and the group of elves he's friends w/ got into a street fight w/ an enemy group of elves (and Steamed Bun just randomly dashed in and started brawling too lol)
    He rode on top of Steamed Bun, and Steamed Bun's mood rose just like his did. As a herbivorous magical beast, Moonlight Colts like him were always bullied by high-level carnivorous magical beasts, but ever since he followed Xu Jun (MC), no one ever bullied him again. And today, he was even able to trample on a Moonlight Elf Prince's face!

Those Moonlight Elves that his Pops and Mum said were extremely arrogant and repulsive!

Thus, Steamed Bun was even more proud of himself as he let Xu Jun ride on his back, and with happiness in his every step, followed the large procession in walking back.

He already had everything planned out. When his journey with Xu Jun comes to an end and he gets a chance to go back to his tribe, he will definitely let everyone, old and young, know of this honorable and glorious accomplishment! That he! Steamed Bun! Had stomped on the face of such an high-ranking official as a Moonlight Elf Prince, so many times!
    There are a lot of cute scenes w/ Steamed Bun :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt: The only thing I'm apprehensive about is this pervert unicorn that's trying to court and already traumatized him. Leave Steamed Bun alone, he's still underage while you're already thousands of years old :blobangery:

Also, I really like the world building. While it's a typical fantasy world w/ elves, dwarves, etc, do not take it at face value. Elves are all elegant and peace-loving? Yeah, right.

12. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh thanks for the spoilers.

lilysmith likes this.
  13. XD

XD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What?! Ahahahahaha I didn't realize c-novs also had clip-clopping!
    Thank you so much for your summaries. I'm really hoping this gets picked up soon!

lilysmith, LadyBlue and readerz like this.
  14. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Thaaaank you so much for all the spoilers!:aww:

does the mc know that the demon king is living with him in the same body?...do they have any interactions?
    How does the ml react when the mc wants to marry that girl? :D

lilysmith and kiara8 like this.
  15. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Before ML became the Demon King, he was a prince, so he used that identity to interact w/ MC and deceived MC with his half real, half fake cover story. MC only found out that he was the Demon King when they separated and ML revealed himself b/c he didn't want to keep hiding behind a mask.

ML found out about the girl before he developed feelings for MC, since MC was very open and chatty with ML. MC treated him as a close friend and basically rambled about everything under the sun w/ him. MC's currently on his way to the small town where the girl lives w/ the intention to go propose, but I'll have to read a bit more to see how ML reacts to that (as he's long-range spying keeping tabs on MC atm).

16. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    i want to know whether ML tried to molest MC while he's in MC's body ??

lilysmith, Kittsune, readerz and 2 others like this.
  17. mereumsama

mereumsama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    w
    ahh ! sounds like trouble ..

lilysmith, readerz and XD like this.
  18. XD

XD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

19. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really, ML's only a weak soul who's slowly healing, so he can't really do anything to MC physically.

There was one scene where due to eating too much meat of deer who were in their mating season, MC ended up in this weird hormone-induced dream. ML was worried and entered as well, and then that led to him forcefully separating MC from a girl and dragging MC away. It's implied he jerked MC off and also felt a reaction in his own pants, which made him realize what he really wanted from MC. MC woke up from that horrified that his wet dream featured a guy, and the Demon King to boot, and that he basically dirtied the bedsheets of the elven lodging he was staying in (he ended up burning those sheets to hide the evidence of his "crime" lol)

20. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    the best part :blobxd:

does it take a long time for ML to back to his body?? and will MC know that ML's soul in his body?

lilysmith, Kittsune, readerz and 2 others like this.