Recommendations Novels that include creating something new instead of relying on something ancient

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by DarkAvenger, Oct 21, 2017.

1. DarkAvenger

DarkAvenger Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi,

Can someone recommend me some novels that are based on creating a new cultivation path?

The best example I can give is Divine Throne of Primordial Blood where MC is researching new cultivation path to break bloodline restrictions - he is also creating new techniques, weapons, learning alchemy so probably creating new medicines/pills ... Another example could be Avalon of Five Elements but I like Divine Throne of Primordial Blood much more.

I'm tired of novels where MC stumbles upon some ancient artifact/s, technique/s etc ... so, without anything ancient please - looking to read about how that ancient staff got created :)

SayMrrp and Fuyuneko like this.
  2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    zloi medved and SayMrrp like this.
  3. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh........... Can't think of anything............... World of Cultivation maybe he is creating lots of devices, his own cultivation path but the novel is also full of ancient being stronger and grandpas

SayMrrp likes this.
  4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It's okay, he said he enjoyed the ancient staff. :hmm:

Ddraig likes this.
  5. Wenhui

Wenhui One Who Kidnaps Chapters

Reading List:
    Link
    Er... Stellar Transformations? He technically created new cultivation stages (albeit for an existing manual).

SayMrrp and otaku31 like this.
  6. Mors13

Mors13 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If your looking for a series where the mc creates a new cultivation path the you should check out Stellar Transformation. The start of the path was found so its not entirely new but the mc has to figure out the majority of it himself

otaku31 likes this.
  7. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    Undefeated God of War

The techniques and skills might be based on past people but technically he only inherited a training ground.
    Later in the story something and another happened and he got a body that is new and he has to find his techniques himself.

SayMrrp likes this.
  8. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    World of Cultivation had the ancient methods mostly being forgotten, before the MC 'rediscovers' them and then everyone realizes 'Hey , this is the good stuff'
    Mechanical God Emperor has the MC ... well, making huge robot armies, which everyone thinks is from the 6th Puppet Dynasty, but it actually isn't, so technically he's making something new for that world
    And way past the currently HTL chapters, he ends up going past what the Xi family had ever achieved previously, so he could be said to make new ground then
    Stellar Transformations mentioned.
    Miracle Throne maybeee... Technically he's using knowledge from the future, so he's not using anything from the past

9. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    My thoughts turn to two different stories, both on QI. Immortal Mortal and Forty Millenniums of Cultivation, for different reasons.

Immortal Mortal has the MC start by creating a new drug that seems like it can allow him to "open his meridians", which he couldn't normally due to them being Mortal Meridians, or, in other words, near impossible to open. Then he gets murdered, takes over a new body, and uses the drug to start cultivating... after a fair while of issues preventing him from just jumping straight into cultivation. Issues that can be considered contrary to this request includes the fact that the MC's initial cultivation path and many of his techniques start with ancient manuscripts and techniques that he gains in a variety of ways. On the other hand, he does typically end up, eventually, turning these into his own techniques and abilities, if you give it enough time.

Forty Millenniums of Cultivation, meanwhile, starts with the MC being a slum-rat in a technologically advanced cultivation world, and then follows him developing himself as an individual as he grows and gains the ability to properly cultivate. The cultivation techniques in play in this story are less "you use this and circulate energy so gain these benefits", and more "this is your method of absorbing energy". Additionally, the benefits of cultivation seems to depend less on how you cultivate and more on what techniques you use to develop yourself and use that energy. There are, however, genuine "ancient lost treasures" in this world, due to previous catastrophes resulting in human civilisation being basically wiped out a few times in history, after which the survivors took what they remembered or managed to keep and rebuilt. It should be mentioned that there are possible reasons why you wouldn't consider this to fit your criteria. Specifically, a "cheat" of the MC's, which ends up (eventually) allowing him to gain memories of an advanced ancient crafting sect from before any of the civilisation resets happened. This gives him knowledge from the ancient sect which he uses to improve his technology and develop new techniques, among other benefits not relevant here.

SayMrrp likes this.
  10. DarkAvenger

DarkAvenger Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I dropped it yesterday :D Not my type of novel - I can only describe it as ridiculous but that's a discussion for another day/topic.

I've already read this.

I will check other suggestions and wait for some more ... Thanks!

11. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link