Novels with no chapters whatsoever

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Shiro-Tensei, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Shiro-Tensei

Shiro-Tensei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been curious over this a while back, but why do Novel Updates have these pages for the novels "A Wild Last Boss Appeared" and "Kuroki Eiyuu no Ichigeki Musou", yet they don't have a single chapter at all, so why bother having these novels when no one had translated a chapter from either of these novels?

Well, I've been waiting for a translation but I didn't post a pickup request because they had the pages for these stories, so I thought someone would eventually translate it, and they've never posted a link on it. The recent manga adaptation of "A Wild Last Boss Appeared" got me to look back this novel and question this. And also, a close second to these novels are "Kekkyoku, Ninja to Dragon wa Docchi ga Tsuyoi no?" and "Last Bosses in Heroless Worlds" which only have one chapter or the prologue. It's a shame if there aren't gonna be any progress for these novels I mentioned.

2. Miyuu

Miyuu ☆Innocent & Harmless☆The most normal☆『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of them got shut down by the authors disapproval ... i think?
    Hence, no chapters~

3. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    i think when people put up requests for a translator to pick it up, whether the translator picks it up or not the novel will be added to novelupdaes, that way if a translator wanted to translate it he would quickly find all the info he wants.
    you can filter novels by chapter amount, meaning a translator could quickly find all novels with 0 chapters aka not being translated.
    at least thats my theory.
    a novel theory.
    thanks for reading.

4. EienMugetsuTensho

EienMugetsuTensho [Avid Reader] [C#, C++, Python Programmer]

Reading List:
    Link
    propose a novel pickup if you want to read it. Don't assume someone will pick it up just because a page exists. Translators look at pick up requests to gauge interest levels.