LCD Paradise of Demons and Gods

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why bother to read it when you know the mc will die in the end

we already know this novel will become very slow, only 5 years of life,

2. CezarIXen

CezarIXen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Besides immortal characters die sooner or later .Mayby death is not described in story, but 'spoiler' is known. :D
    5 years to plenty of time, so many book i read described the year or less...

3. Rahulj

Rahulj Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just tell me when he will kill that bitch Jessica his friend who sold him out and that whatever oniponi clan girl who tortured him(i wish that he tortures her like the way Chenfeng does ^.^ ) and kick the in name only ass of the old hag(his grandmother bitch)

4. devilreaper

devilreaper Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DH,ATTE??

5. CezarIXen

CezarIXen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably Dungeon Hunter and A Thought Through Eternity. A third is
    Everyone Else is a Returnee. All this are good novel, so chances are high that I hit.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  6. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, a really important question before i start reading this myself. Just as i started reading the first paragraph, I noticed that this could potentially be in modern/future time setting, so i was wondering if my guess is correct if it is then potentially i will not touch as the thing with these types of novels usually is that they are extremely racist towards everyone except china (IRAS, 9HTM, and im sure many more that have yet to be discovered) Thanks for any possible info.

7. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing really racist so far. Besides the modern setting doesn't matters much as
    MC goes to the other world so no chances of racism.

8. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks ill give it a try but im hopeful it will be good, its just im not interested in series that i would probably drop example nine heavenly thunder manual, couldnt stand it after 50 chapters dropped it at 66 which made me believe i wasted time reading something which should have been avoided...

9. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Parth37955 Could you link this as the official LCD?

So my one worry for this series in the future is the author's need to drag things out. I've been wanting Kaunitz to get his face smashed in for going on 20 chapters now, and even after FX's job transition he still hasn't crippled that little punk. Here's to hoping it'll happen in the next couple days.

10. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/latest-chapter-discussion-merge-request.4332/
    ask me here, or no deal.

11. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Dirav

Dirav Happy Commoner.. \(°•,°)/

Reading List:
    Link
    Cant wait for mooore chapters.. I dont know why but this story is so simple but exciting.. The exciting point is MC's cultivation progress..

No romance is good for now, but will limit the common dynamics once the plot became repeatedly used..

13. monkey magic

monkey magic Born from an egg on a mountain top

Reading List:
    Link
    Gosh I wish there was some fighting in this novel

14. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this novel is awesome. Time is ticking down. 4 years, 3 months left to live. How would he choose to power up and enact his slaughter revenge? Time is so short, but he needs more time to grow! Intense!

15. Lawlyeth

Lawlyeth [Gorrila Warfare Expert]

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is awesome +1

I'm quite astonished by the number of people who want the MC to "grovel at his feets and beg for his life" or more humiliating things, I mean the personality of the MC isn't so bad he's technically spending all his life training his swordplay alone so he basically can't earn true enmity , he's talentuous but so what , why can't they get over it.

16. Empress

Empress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This looked like a promising revenge story so far, but to think...*sigh...
    I don't know if I should thanks the spoiler or cursed them.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  17. Whint

Whint Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because they are young and arrogant/prideful, making them unable to get over their defeat.

Lawlyeth likes this.
  18. Lawlyeth

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah yeah I know the drill but it's like the MC is the first guy they met that is more powerful than them , some didn't even talk about the MC (technically all of them even the guy florida I think ? The guy that is good with swords too , they never talked)
    They live in a harsh world and they have the awareness of murderous kittens (yes yes that's a thing)

19. Lawlyeth

Reading List:
    Link
    Like you know through spoilers or you know because of prologue?
    If it's thanks to the prologue i think the 72years of lifespan substracted are only for a normal human , if he become level 30+ I got the feeling he will be able to extend his lifespan

Last chapter :
    *girl in violet being chased by powerful guys*
    Lawlyeth : here we go , for the first harem member!
    *girl in violet without any escape*
    *girl in violet begin to use a powerful techniqje*
    Lawlyeth : and then she will be crippled or something or be teleported coincidentally close to the MC ,so basic so casual pff.
    *girl in violet get rekted*
    *girl in violet get jailed in a special torture space to break her mind/make her sign a slave contract*
    *end of chapter*
    Lawlyeth : dafuk did I just read

josh_15 likes this.
  20. aattss

aattss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how the MC isn't like all the others who live forever and stumble into harems. It also sort of emphasizes the costs, considering that it's hard to relate to someone who accidentally found a magic artifact and now spends all his time having sex with beautiful women as the supreme emperor of everything in a giant palace.

As for the lifespan, yeah. I mean, I'd be fine if the MC does end up dying. I don't want some sort of cop out. Though, it is vaguely possible that the MC gets a life extension in a way that I'm fine with, but it would have to be more of a plot than "and then the MC becomes immortal and becomes god of everything". Maybe the MC gets an option to live longer in exchange for letting go of his revenge, and refuses.

So, what do you guys think about the MC's recent developments in morality? I think it's a surprising amount of character development for someone who's devoted to revenge, is going to die soon, and is incapable of feeling love. More that what many of his fellow MCs of the same genre experience. Come to think of it, how many Chinese WN MCs even try to make the world a better place?